• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Haven't done this in awhile.

Started by Pirate King Atomsk, November 14, 2008, 09:32:44 PM

I'm actually home on a Friday night, and I'm drinking with my cat. Well, he's obviously not drinking. He's actually licking my bed sheets because he's a fucking freak or something I guess.

So what's everyone up to? I'm massive bored. I don't feel like playing video games, and about all my friends are working.

EvB

QuoteSo what's everyone up to? I'm massive bored.

I'[m still trying to tame the 3d animation program that HATES ME.  But - I'm packing it in for the night and sipping some wine and eating a spinach mushroom panini - while checking up on all you renegades, of course. 

Quote from: EvB on November 14, 2008, 09:49:28 PM
I'[m still trying to tame the 3d animation program that HATES ME.  But - I'm packing it in for the night and sipping some wine and eating a spinach mushroom panini - while checking up on all you renegades, of course.

Is it Maya 3D modeling? My friend works with Maya and she says it's a bitch.

Mmm, panini..(okay, not sure what that is but hey - it sounds good with the mushrooms and spinach.)

Frys Girl

This is a cold, depressing DC night. My car is full of trash that I have to take to the dump tomorrow morning. My baby birds have all hatched. They are so cute and hedge hog looking cuz their feathers are coming out.
Oh and I have a pack of corona light!

Quote from: Spikegirl on November 14, 2008, 10:03:00 PM
It's a type of Italian bread.

here's some more pics:

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=A0geu78GSh5JH2UAg.RXNyoA?ei=UTF-8&p=panini&fr2=tab-web&fr=b1ie7

I love everything Italian! I'm sold. 100%.  8)

Quote from: Frys Girl on November 14, 2008, 11:12:11 PM
This is a cold, depressing DC night. My car is full of trash that I have to take to the dump tomorrow morning. My baby birds have all hatched. They are so cute and hedge hog looking cuz their feathers are coming out.
Oh and I have a pack of corona light!

I say hatching of birds + corona = party time.  ;D

Frys Girl

oh and I'm watching saw IV.Oh my god!

Quote from: Frys Girl on November 15, 2008, 12:04:00 AM
oh and I'm watching saw IV.Oh my god!

That movie was simply mediocre. I felt like napping through many parts. I heard V is worse.

Frys Girl

dear god! are you serious? it's so bloody and violent! what does it take then? I'm scared to know pirate!

Quote from: Frys Girl on November 15, 2008, 12:27:04 AM
dear god! are you serious? it's so bloody and violent! what does it take then? I'm scared to know pirate!

I'm pretty desensitized to your average gore. The things that really bother me are metaphorical, moreso, than physical.

EvB

My typical Friday -- HELL my typical EVERY DAY.  The weirdness of online entertainment - partially online school, and working online.

Frys Girl

OMG. Are you on nintendorks Evey?

Also, SAW iv ending was awful. So now the cop is the killer? Why? That made no sense. THey are so sloppy now.

Quote from: Frys Girl on November 15, 2008, 09:22:59 AM
Also, SAW iv ending was awful. So now the cop is the killer? Why? That made no sense. THey are so sloppy now.

Yuuuup. Like I said, don't bother with V. They really should have ended at II, but the franchise apparently is pretty consistent on box office numbers. When I worked at a theater, Saw II and III tickets sold out all opening weekend for about every showing, even in the daytime.

I'll admit Saw and Saw II were pretty good films, but once Jigsaw's whole deal is pretty much revealed, it isn't that interesting anymore. Then it just becomes a showcase of Rube Goldberg-style killing machines, which ultimately spiral downward into the realm of amateurish ridiculousness. I spent most of the time while watching III-V just criticizing the traps and their inconsistent symbolisms that were supposed to give a sense of poetic justice to the killings but rather just left you wondering why some were on the mark and others had no real meaning at all.

EvB

Quote from: Frys Girl on November 15, 2008, 09:22:59 AM
OMG. Are you on nintendorks Evey?

OOPS!  No, didn't mean to mislead you.  A friend sent me that image to yank my chains.  And, movies like SAW are beyond what my belly can bare.  I can handle gross when it's truly part of the story (as in SEVEN) but when it IS the story?  Ick.

Frys Girl

Quote from: Pirate King Atomsk on November 15, 2008, 12:20:15 PM
don't bother with V. 
too late. I'm watching saw v right now. honestly, i like to hear the stories of the people he catches. I'd be lying if i said i didn't get happy to see a rapist/sadist get hurt. Sorry if that offends anyone!

Quote from: Frys Girl on November 15, 2008, 04:56:45 PM
too late. I'm watching saw v right now. honestly, i like to hear the stories of the people he catches. I'd be lying if i said i didn't get happy to see a rapist/sadist get hurt. Sorry if that offends anyone!

DAMMITsauce. I ALWAYS GET SO OFFENDED WHEN THEY PICK ON RAPISTS.

Btw, what's wrong with sadists? We're good folk.  ;D

Frys Girl

LOL. Pirate. I just mean it's a little um unchristian I guess to torture the criminals in society! I have  really Christian family member who gets offended at this type of idea so I guess that's why I said it! Also, revenge is sweet, but this is a bit much. Saw V was fun, but stupid. I mean, this cop is a disaster and I hope they don't have a Saw VI. for the betterment of humanity, no saw vi!

EvB

QuoteSaw V was fun, but stupid. I mean, this cop is a disaster and I hope they don't have a Saw VI. for the betterment of humanity, no saw vi!

On this topic in general - I once heard John Steward interview Matt Damon - they were talking about the Bourne franchise - when asked if they were likely to do it again, Damon replied "I hope not, we'd have to call it the Bourne Redundancy"

Spikegirl

Quote from: Frys Girl on November 16, 2008, 11:23:02 AM
LOL. Pirate. I just mean it's a little um unchristian I guess to torture the criminals in society! I have  really Christian family member who gets offended at this type of idea so I guess that's why I said it! Also, revenge is sweet, but this is a bit much. Saw V was fun, but stupid. I mean, this cop is a disaster and I hope they don't have a Saw VI. for the betterment of humanity, no saw vi!

I don't believe in the death penalty because it is morally wrong. HOWEVER, I do believe in a little old fashioned torture for people who truly deserve it-like rapists, murderers, child molestors, etc. Screw them. I say we pass their virgin asses around prison.

Spikegirl

PK, saw this little pot leaf on another site and thought of you.  ;)

Quote from: Pirate King Atomsk on November 16, 2008, 03:18:02 AM

Btw, what's wrong with sadists? We're good folk.  ;D

EvB

Quote from: Spikegirl on November 16, 2008, 02:14:44 PM
I don't believe in the death penalty because it is morally wrong. HOWEVER, I do believe in a little old fashioned torture for people who truly deserve it-like rapists, murderers, child molestors, etc. Screw them. I say we pass their virgin asses around prison.

I'm not sure if I should laugh or gasp!  My own feeling is there are worse things than death - but I am anti-death penalty because of the number of people who are acquitted while on death row or after the fact.   

As for torture (of the pre-planned kind as opposed to the prison culture kind you mention) MY main concern is for those inflicting torture.  It's very very scary what a human being will do when their peers encourage them to think it's okay.  EX: Can you image that "Lyndie the Beater-Maid" of Abu-Ghraib fame was the sort of person who would humiliate and torture men - and pose proudly for all to see as if the people involved were hunting trophies?  She may have been, but it's more likely she was not.  What kind of woman is she today?  That kind of expeinace is hard to leave behind. 

I don't mention her becuase I think she was worse than the men - I mention her only becuase her moniker was the fisrt one that came to mind.

Still, it's hard not to think violence against people who do unthinkable things. 

Frys Girl

Good for Matt Damon. Was he in Ocean's movies? Those are pretty dumb too. I liked what Mark Wahlberg said about those guys. "it's really gay to sit around together the way those guys do, clooney, pitt and damon and pat each other on the backs and giggle".

EvB

QuoteMy baby birds have all hatched. They are so cute and hedge hog looking cuz their feathers are coming out.

Awww - how many?   :-*

Spikegirl

Quote from: EvB on November 16, 2008, 02:48:48 PM

Ev, this is for you in honor of your avatar--

Spikegirl

Quote from: EvB on November 16, 2008, 02:24:01 PM
I'm not sure if I should laugh or gasp!  My own feeling is there are worse things than death - but I am anti-death penalty because of the number of people who are acquitted while on death row or after the fact.   

As for torture (of the pre-planned kind as opposed to the prison culture kind you mention) MY main concern is for those inflicting torture.  It's very very scary what a human being will do when their peers encourage them to think it's okay.  EX: Can you image that "Lyndie the Beater-Maid" of Abu-Ghraib fame was the sort of person who would humiliate and torture men - and pose proudly for all to see as if the people involved were hunting trophies?  She may have been, but it's more likely she was not.  What kind of woman is she today?  That kind of expeinace is hard to leave behind. 

I don't mention her becuase I think she was worse than the men - I mention her only becuase her moniker was the fisrt one that came to mind.

Still, it's hard not to think violence against people who do unthinkable things.

My issue with Abu Ghraib is that many of those men were just rounded up in a mass arrest or turned in when we offered money to sheiks. Nice way to get rid of your personal enemies, even if they had nothing to do with Alqueida. Sort of like the search for "Communists" back in the Mc Carthy era.

No, I am talking about actual murderers or actual child molestors, rapists, those who commit heinous crimes, etc. Generally, those who should not be allowed around normal people.

EvB

Quote from: Spikegirl on November 16, 2008, 02:59:35 PM
Ev, this is for you in honor of your avatar--

Thank you!

That's a hoot.  Where did you find it?  Someplace here I have a wonderful pic (not sure if I shared it here or not) of a tree frog my DIL took in her back yard.

Frys Girl

Quote from: EvB on November 16, 2008, 02:48:48 PM
3 babies! The cutest babies ever. We had 4 eggs but the last one did not make it. They sat on it religiously though. Birds are good parents.

EvB

Quote from: Frys Girl on November 16, 2008, 03:18:56 PM
3 babies! The cutest babies ever. We had 4 eggs but the last one did not make it. They sat on it religiously though. Birds are good parents.

Will we have pictures soon?

Frys Girl

Quote from: EvB on November 16, 2008, 03:31:37 PM
Will we have pictures soon?
You betcha! I have to do a dump of my camera. The oldest one has feathers coming and it's looking pretty hedge hoggy. hehe

Quote from: Spikegirl on November 16, 2008, 02:16:36 PM

PK, saw this little pot leaf on another site and thought of you.  ;)

Ah, God's greatest gift to man.  ;D