• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Setting the stage for WWIII...Obama as Chamberlain.....Armageddon coming?

Started by 21st Century Man, July 15, 2015, 02:50:00 PM

Quote from: Quick Karl on July 16, 2015, 01:41:57 PM
I hope the South secedes

I hope it does too, and that Congress passes a law expelling all Libertarians into that asshole of the USA before we build a Berlin Wall on the border to keep the cretins from sneaking back in.

Then we need to merge with Canada.  Except for Quebec; the frogs can have that part.

136 or 142

Quote from: 21st Century Man on July 15, 2015, 11:28:15 PM
   Of course I don't trust most politicians but the Clintons are in a league of their own.  How corrupt are the Clintons? Let me count the ways. Let's see Benghazi, the server incident, the death of Vince Foster, Whitewater, Kathleen Willey, Juanita Broaddrick.......I could go on and on.

Let's not discuss this on this thread.  I'd like to stay on topic.

Vince Foster?  Seriously?  I never thought you were into loony, idiotic conspiracy theories.  Most of the rest of these are made up scandals at best, or at worst, as I've previously shown, every other major candidate for the Presidency did the same thing.

By any objective measure, the Cheney Administration was far and away the most dishonest and the most vengeful while the Reagan Administration was far and away the most corrupt, with over 100 partisan appointments ending up serving time in jail.  On that score, the measurement is off the charts, as not even the Nixon Administration comes close to matching that.

albrecht

Quote from: 136 or 142 on July 17, 2015, 06:33:45 PM

Vince Foster?  Seriously?  I never thought you were into loony, idiotic conspiracy theories.  Most of the rest of these are made up scandals at best, or at worst, as I've previously shown, every other major candidate for the Presidency did the same thing.

By any objective measure, the Cheney Administration was far and away the most dishonest and the most vengeful while the Reagan Administration was far and away the most corrupt, with over 100 partisan appointments ending up serving time in jail.  On that score, the measurement is off the charts, as not even the Nixon Administration comes close to matching that.
Beside the more wild theories (that Bush and Clinton were aware of Cocaine smuggling to support the Contras and the various murders) people always forget how corrupt Arkansas was under Clinton and their links to some very questionable characters. Sure we all know Whitewater, Park-O-Meter, the various Bimbos, his travels on the "Lolita Flights" with convicted pedophile Epstein, the various Asian illegally donating money and bundling (Chung, Charlie Trie, Huang, Riady, and all the others,) the secret email server and deleted material, the Benghazi cover up (and not testifying due to a "bump on the head, " and all the rest but people forget about the harm caused by them allowing Arkansas while Governor selling blood taken from inmates that infected people around the world with HIV/AIDS and Hep-C because a close friend (and maybe them) profited.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/southern_counties/4758667.stm
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Factor_8:_The_Arkansas_Prison_Blood_Scandal
http://www.counterpunch.org/1999/06/15/arkansas-bloodsuckers/
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/glasgow_and_west/4755297.stm
"Mr Clinton's visit provoked protests from some groups.  Andy Gunn, who contracted HIV and hepatitis from infected blood products, said that while Mr Clinton was governor of Arkansas, contaminated blood from prisons was exported to other countries.
He said: "They were making a lot of money. In fact, blood was worth more in weight than gold at the time.
"They knew the blood was infected with HIV and hepatitis and the prisoners were themselves dying of these conditions.
"It was actually illegal to use the blood in America and they secretly sent it up to Canada where it was turned into Factor VIII and punted around the globe.""

OK.  Vince Foster has not been proven.  I'll grant you that but we do not know the whole story behind his death.  As far as the rest goes, you and I are definitely on opposite ends of the spectrum though I hate to say that. ScifiAuthor makes a lot of excellent points about the left-right paradigm.

Reagan was our best President and the only President in my life-time worth his salt.   The Dems kept on trying to bring up petty things and elevating them to a scandal even Iran Contra.  If the Dems had done the same thing with Iran Contra and swiped the hostages for aid to the communists, they would have gotten a free pass by the media.  I don't mean to upset you, 136, but you are a Clinton and Obama enabler.  I'm sure you could say the same thing about me regarding Reagan.  If I'm wrong then I'm sorry.

136 or 142

Quote from: 21st Century Man on July 17, 2015, 06:57:37 PM
OK.  Vince Foster has not been proven.  I'll grant you that but we do not know the whole story behind his death.  As far as the rest goes, you and I are definitely on opposite ends of the spectrum. Reagan was our best President and the only President in my life-time worth his salt.   The Dems kept on trying to bring up petty things and elevating them to a scandal even Iran Contra.  If the Dems had done the same thing with Iran Conta, they would have gotten a free pass by the media.  I don't mean to upset you, 136, but you are a Clinton and Obama enabler.  I'm sure you could say the same thing about me regarding Reagan.  If I'm wrong then I'm sorry.

"If the Dems had done the same thing with Iran Conta, they would have gotten a free pass by the media."
You mean like the way Clinton got a pass for 'scandals' like Whitewater, or the Travel Office, or the cattle futures that Ken Starr spent millions investigating and yet could find nothing. The press wrote thousands of stories on those.  In contrast, it took something like 4 years for the media to acknowledge what should have been widely known at the time: that the entire selling of the war in Iraq was based on a series of lies and half truths.

You say you aren't a Republican, though you obviously are. There is nothing wrong with that, but this Republican meme that they get worse treatment from the media is not only utter bullshit, but the exact opposite is clearly the reality.[/size]

In regards to Reagan, I don't doubt that he had some successes, and I acknowledge that President's get to claim success for whatever occurs on their watch, while they try to blame their predecessors for their failures, as Cheney enabler Quick (Slow) Karl and albrecht here did when they blamed Clinton for North Korea achieving becoming a nuclear power under Cheney's watch.[/size]

If we are going to look at the entirety of the situation, as albrecht suggests in terms of who should correctly be blamed for North Korea acquiring nuclear weapons, the bulk of which clearly did occur during the Clinton Administration, then it's also quite clear that most of the successes people give Reagan credit for were the result of either Jimmy Carter or Gorbachev.

It was Jimmy Carter who appointed Paul Volker who significantly raised interest rates that choked off inflation (after Carter was defeated) and allowed for the economic expansion.  It was also Carter who started the process of deregulation that likely contributed to the economic expansion, though Reagan certainly increased the deregulation.  Similarly, it was clearly Gorbachev who ended the Cold War.  Enablers of Reagan laughingly state that it was SDI (Star Wars) that made the Soviet Union realize they couldn't win the Cold War, but the Soviets were well aware SDI was a pipe dream (and still is 30 years later), and it was the new generation of Soviet leadership led by Gorbachev that finally acknowledged that the Soviet economy was a basket case which was the real reason the Cold War ended, even though the CIA wasn't aware of that.

Some also say that it was Reagan's expansion of the U.S military to cause the Soviets to give up, and there may be some truth to that, but given the state of the Soviet economy, I don't believe this extra push was actually needed.  Finally, some also say that the Reagan administration played a role in causing oil prices to collapse, but I highly doubt this is true. In addition to all the evidence pointing to the cause being natural forces of supply and demand (OPEC collapsed as its members squabbled over how many barrels each should be allowed to sell, and they all individually decided to sell as many as they could , which is actually what standard economic theory predicts will happen to cartels in the long run) and, as I said above, the CIA genuinely believed that the Soviet economy was healthy.  So, while Reagan did have a degree in economics and he may personally have realized that the CIA analysis was nonsense, there is still no positive evidence that the the Reagan Administration played any role in causing the collapse in oil prices.

In regards to me enabling Clinton and Obama, I've stated many times that I am much closer to mainstream Democrats on the economic issues, as are most members of the 'Economist Party', while I'm much closer to the further left on most social issues, I've criticized both both Clintons and Obama on numerous issues here.  I consider myself an honest partisan, or at least, as objectively honest as anybody can get.

So, as I've said, Reagan did some good things. Some of his deregulation, the tax code reform (it was Bill Bradley who was the main player in that, but Reagan embraced it and helped push it along.)  His 'sunny optimism' may have helped Americans think better of themselves after Vietnam, the recession, inflation and tthe general Carter "malaise" (a word Carter never actually used)  though there is no evidence their mood improved until the economy did.

Of course, Reagan also embraced the opportunity to end the Cold War given to him by Gorbachev, which, as I showed to you yesterday, most of Reagan's fellow hard line anticommunist travelers would not have done and Reagan does deserve enormous credit for that.

On the downside, the enormous increase in income inequality started under Reagan, much of which is due to technological and other changes in the economy, but Reagan's cutting taxes for the wealthy while ultimately raising them for many working class people by increasing the payroll tax, also played a role in that, though Reagan did substantially increase the EITC, which started under Nixon.  This is, of course, another Republican policy that most modern Republicans no longer support.

In other domestic policy, Reagan's slow embrace of concern over AIDS, a direct result of many in his administration actually believing that AIDS was caused by God to punish homosexuals was morally, if not legally criminal, (there is direct evidence that shows that the initial funding for research for CDC into AIDS almost entirely ended once it was shown that it was primarily homosexuals who were the most likely to get it)  and his virtual shutting down of the Civil Rights investigation branch of the Justice Department was also wrongheaded, which is an understatement.

His cutting back on welfare at the same time as he continued Volker's policy of fighting inflation that he knew would lead to higher and sustained unemployment, and his administration's blaming of those on welfare for being unemployed also, in my  opinion, verged on being criminal.

His foreign policy, especially in Central America was also literally criminal as it broke both U.S law and international law.

Finally, since, on the one hand, you profess to be concerned about corruption, I don't know how you can say that the Reagan Administration was the best in your lifetime, when the only thing it led in was, as I stated earlier, in the number of partisan officials who were sent to jail.

So, if 'best' is meant as a euphemism for 'most corrupt', then I agree with you.

136 or 142

I was not aware of the extent of the blood scandal.  The worst things Clinton did, imo, were not giving clemency to the mentally challenged person who was on death row while Clinton was first running for President, and the pardoning of that scummy banker at the end of Clinton's term.  Bill Clinton has always been close to Wall Street.

The bombing of the Iraqi tylenol factory might or might not deserve to be on this list. It can be argued that he did it to divert attention from the release of the Starr Report, but it can also be argued that Saddam figured Clinton would be consumed by the Starr report and therefore likely tried to get away with doing whatever it was the Clinton bombed Iraq for.  That they ending up bombing a medical facility I believe was clearly an error caused by bad intelligence.

These things said, in regards to my continued support for most of the Clinton Administration, I believe in the old axiom, "Don't judge me against perfection, judge me against the alternatives."

136 or 142

Since this thread has gotten so off topic anyway, and since this seems to be closer to the topic, I'll post this here.  #2 story on Yahoo. It can't be a coincidence.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/bill-clinton-is-sorry_55a83397e4b0896514d0e220?

albrecht

Quote from: 136 or 142 on July 17, 2015, 08:00:38 PM
Since this thread has gotten so off topic anyway, and since this seems to be closer to the topic, I'll post this here.  #2 story on Yahoo. It can't be a coincidence.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/bill-clinton-is-sorry_55a83397e4b0896514d0e220?
Amazing how threads can derail ;) That story is hilarious. Those people are so craven for power that they will apologize for their actions if they can get another shot at power. But the Clintons aren't the only ones, many politicians do that. Interestingly I saw someone say that HuffPo has relegated Trump stories to the "entertainment" section. hahaha. Though shouldn't all, if not, most political stories be? It is all orchestrated drama of one type of another and usually leads to the tragic kind for us.

What I find interesting, back to the thread, is Obama's support for Iran considering that his background and family and usually bowing, etc is for the Sunni side. I guess he is using that Muslim aphorism"the enemy of my enemy is my friend",in that as long as the US, or at least our allies are harmed he will accept anyone as a friend.

Happy EID! As he tweeted before another Muslim shooting, before departing on another vacation, fund-raising weekend, sans-wife, as normal.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: albrecht on July 17, 2015, 08:36:42 PM

Happy EID! As he tweeted before another Muslim shooting, before departing on another vacation, fund-raising weekend, sans-wife, as normal.

Reggie always gets the nod over Mad Mike on these trips.

Jackstar

lol, he lists off like five egregious failures, and then the other guy goes and cherry picks, "Vince Foster, wha-wha-what? You must be mad!!!"

sure, right, lol, classic

QuoteMost of the rest of these are made up

Oh, well, as long as only one or two aren't made up...

roflsnort

136 or 142

Quote from: Jackstar on July 17, 2015, 08:44:05 PM
lol, he lists off like five egregious failures, and then the other guy goes and cherry picks, "Vince Foster, wha-wha-what? You must be mad!!!"

sure, right, lol, classic

Oh, well, as long as only one or two aren't made up...

roflsnort

I don't want to overuse this accusation, but, I believe you are inebriated as well.

Just so everyone knows, I don't use the word 'inebriated' to be pretentious, but 'drunk' usually refers only to alcohol and I have no idea what substance it is that I believe they have taken.

Jackstar

Quote from: 136 or 142 on July 17, 2015, 09:10:44 PM
I don't want to overuse this accusation, but, I believe you are inebriated as well.

Just so everyone knows, I don't use the word 'inebriated' to be pretentious, but 'drunk' usually refers only to alcohol and I have no idea what substance it is that I believe they have taken.

http://vigilantcitizen.com/latestnews/the-25-rules-of-disinformation/

5. Sidetrack opponents with name calling and ridicule.  This is also known as the primary attack the messenger ploy, though  other methods qualify as variants of that approach. Associate opponents  with unpopular  titles such as “kooks”, “right-wing”, “liberal”, “left-wing”,  “terrorists”, “conspiracy buffs”, “radicals”, “militia”, “racists”,  “religious fanatics”, “sexual deviates”, and so forth. This makes others  shrink from support out of fear of gaining the same label,  and you  avoid dealing with issues.

"Questions about Vince Foster? Why, sir, I do declare, I think you must be having a case of the vapors!"

comedy gold

136 or 142

Quote from: Jackstar on July 17, 2015, 10:47:58 PM

"Questions about Vince Foster? Why, sir, I do declare, I think you must be having a case of the vapors!"

comedy gold

I have no problem with addressing the substance of your points, but you've expressed yourself so poorly, I'm not sure what they are.  Hence, the belief that you are inebriated.

Quote from: 136 or 142 on July 17, 2015, 07:35:23 PM

"If the Dems had done the same thing with Iran Conta, they would have gotten a free pass by the media."
You mean like the way Clinton got a pass for 'scandals' like Whitewater, or the Travel Office, or the cattle futures that Ken Starr spent millions investigating and yet could find nothing. The press wrote thousands of stories on those.  In contrast, it took something like 4 years for the media to acknowledge what should have been widely known at the time: that the entire selling of the war in Iraq was based on a series of lies and half truths.

You say you aren't a Republican, though you obviously are. There is nothing wrong with that, but this Republican meme that they get worse treatment from the media is not only utter bullshit, but the exact opposite is clearly the reality.[/size]

In regards to Reagan, I don't doubt that he had some successes, and I acknowledge that President's get to claim success for whatever occurs on their watch, while they try to blame their predecessors for their failures, as Cheney enabler Quick (Slow) Karl and albrecht here did when they blamed Clinton for North Korea achieving becoming a nuclear power under Cheney's watch.[/size]

If we are going to look at the entirety of the situation, as albrecht suggests in terms of who should correctly be blamed for North Korea acquiring nuclear weapons, the bulk of which clearly did occur during the Clinton Administration, then it's also quite clear that most of the successes people give Reagan credit for were the result of either Jimmy Carter or Gorbachev.

It was Jimmy Carter who appointed Paul Volker who significantly raised interest rates that choked off inflation (after Carter was defeated) and allowed for the economic expansion.  It was also Carter who started the process of deregulation that likely contributed to the economic expansion, though Reagan certainly increased the deregulation.  Similarly, it was clearly Gorbachev who ended the Cold War.  Enablers of Reagan laughingly state that it was SDI (Star Wars) that made the Soviet Union realize they couldn't win the Cold War, but the Soviets were well aware SDI was a pipe dream (and still is 30 years later), and it was the new generation of Soviet leadership led by Gorbachev that finally acknowledged that the Soviet economy was a basket case which was the real reason the Cold War ended, even though the CIA wasn't aware of that.

Some also say that it was Reagan's expansion of the U.S military to cause the Soviets to give up, and there may be some truth to that, but given the state of the Soviet economy, I don't believe this extra push was actually needed.  Finally, some also say that the Reagan administration played a role in causing oil prices to collapse, but I highly doubt this is true. In addition to all the evidence pointing to the cause being natural forces of supply and demand (OPEC collapsed as its members squabbled over how many barrels each should be allowed to sell, and they all individually decided to sell as many as they could , which is actually what standard economic theory predicts will happen to cartels in the long run) and, as I said above, the CIA genuinely believed that the Soviet economy was healthy.  So, while Reagan did have a degree in economics and he may personally have realized that the CIA analysis was nonsense, there is still no positive evidence that the the Reagan Administration played any role in causing the collapse in oil prices.

In regards to me enabling Clinton and Obama, I've stated many times that I am much closer to mainstream Democrats on the economic issues, as are most members of the 'Economist Party', while I'm much closer to the further left on most social issues, I've criticized both both Clintons and Obama on numerous issues here.  I consider myself an honest partisan, or at least, as objectively honest as anybody can get.

So, as I've said, Reagan did some good things. Some of his deregulation, the tax code reform (it was Bill Bradley who was the main player in that, but Reagan embraced it and helped push it along.)  His 'sunny optimism' may have helped Americans think better of themselves after Vietnam, the recession, inflation and tthe general Carter "malaise" (a word Carter never actually used)  though there is no evidence their mood improved until the economy did.

Of course, Reagan also embraced the opportunity to end the Cold War given to him by Gorbachev, which, as I showed to you yesterday, most of Reagan's fellow hard line anticommunist travelers would not have done and Reagan does deserve enormous credit for that.

On the downside, the enormous increase in income inequality started under Reagan, much of which is due to technological and other changes in the economy, but Reagan's cutting taxes for the wealthy while ultimately raising them for many working class people by increasing the payroll tax, also played a role in that, though Reagan did substantially increase the EITC, which started under Nixon.  This is, of course, another Republican policy that most modern Republicans no longer support.

In other domestic policy, Reagan's slow embrace of concern over AIDS, a direct result of many in his administration actually believing that AIDS was caused by God to punish homosexuals was morally, if not legally criminal, (there is direct evidence that shows that the initial funding for research for CDC into AIDS almost entirely ended once it was shown that it was primarily homosexuals who were the most likely to get it)  and his virtual shutting down of the Civil Rights investigation branch of the Justice Department was also wrongheaded, which is an understatement.

His cutting back on welfare at the same time as he continued Volker's policy of fighting inflation that he knew would lead to higher and sustained unemployment, and his administration's blaming of those on welfare for being unemployed also, in my  opinion, verged on being criminal.

His foreign policy, especially in Central America was also literally criminal as it broke both U.S law and international law.

Finally, since, on the one hand, you profess to be concerned about corruption, I don't know how you can say that the Reagan Administration was the best in your lifetime, when the only thing it led in was, as I stated earlier, in the number of partisan officials who were sent to jail.

So, if 'best' is meant as a euphemism for 'most corrupt', then I agree with you.

You made some good points. Nothing changed my mind in any way.  I love Reagan and still do.  As far as AIDS goes, I had a brother, one I loved very much, who died from it.  I hardly blame Reagan. I know one thing and this goes for many Americans from that period,  it felt good to be an American back then.

If you know want to know what the roots of my beliefs are.  I believe that for most issues such as taxes, welfare, jobs, and education, the everyday issues that we face from day to day are best solved from a local level. The further away the government is from the people, the less likely it is going to grasp what is important in each community.  Fraud and waste are also quite evident.  I should not have to provide examples to you of that.  Plus, I think a community should be allowed to determine societal norms for the most part.  If bigotry exists in those communities, then the state government can reverse policies. If that doesn't work, then and only then should the Feds get involved.

I simply do not believe in large centralized Federal government.  I know its not fashionable to say but I am a Jeffersonian, while most of those in our Federal government are Hamiltonians.

I also abhor communism and I have very personal reasons for that which I will not get into here.  I'm also against socialism.

In an ideal world, I would have preferred a government that was a little stronger than that established in the Articles of Confederation but not as strong as that established in the Constitution.  If wishes were fishes, I'd repeal the 14th Amendment and replace it with another amendment that doesn't infringe on State's Rights but forbids bigotry.

That is the sum of my politics.  Make of it what you will.

P. S.  I never said I wasn't a Republican but I'm at my wits end with the Party and they no longer appear to represent my values.  They are Democratic lite.  I haven't formally left it but I have no love for the Establishment in control.

Jackstar

Quote from: 136 or 142 on July 17, 2015, 10:50:22 PM
I have no problem with addressing the substance of your points, but you've expressed yourself so poorly, I'm not sure what they are.  Hence, the belief that you are inebriated.

I'm content to wait patiently while you connect the dots. *muted, choked-back laughter*

136 or 142

Quote from: 21st Century Man on July 17, 2015, 10:52:03 PM
You made some good points. Nothing changed my mind in any way.  I love Reagan and still do.  As far as AIDS goes, I had a brother, one I loved very much, who died from it.  I hardly blame Reagan. I know one thing and this goes for many Americans from that period,  it felt good to be an American back then.

If you know want to know what the roots of my beliefs are.  I believe that for most issues such as taxes, welfare, jobs, and education, the everyday issues that we face from day to day are best solved from a local level. The further away the government is from the people, the less likely it is going to grasp what is important in each community.  Fraud and waste are also quite evident.  I should not have to provide examples to you of that.  Plus, I think a community should be allowed to determine societal norms for the most part.  If bigotry exists in those communities, then the state government can reverse policies. If that doesn't work, then and only then should the Feds get involved.

I simply do not believe in large centralized Federal government.  I know its not fashionable to say but I am a Jeffersonian, while most of those in our Federal government are Hamiltonians.

I also abhor communism and I have very personal reasons for that which I will not get into here.  I'm also against socialism.

P. S.  I never said I wasn't a Republican but I'm at my wits end with the Party and they no longer appear to represent my values.  They are Democratic lite.  I haven't formally left it but I have no love for the Establishment in control.

I am truly sorry to hear about your brother. 

Obviously I wasn't blaming Reagan for the AIDS virus, unlike some of the kooks who appear on Coast, but that his administration was slow to respond to it, and especially so after they found out that it mostly killed gay people (and illegal drug users) is an established fact.  It is also an established fact, as I said earlier, that a number of members of his administration, including, I believe, Attorney General Meese believed that AIDS was sent from God to kill gays.  Of course, Meese had no control over the Department of Health and Human Services, but to me, that Reagan would choose such a vile 'person' to be in his administration says about all I need to know about Satan Ronnie.

In regards to socialism and community control. The semi socialist NDP government of Dave Barrett in British Columbia (probably the closest thing to a Social Democratic Party ever elected in Canada, and Barrett himself is a rather mixed bag) also started on a process of devolving social service delivery to local citizens through what they called a "Community Resources Board."

As far as I know, no other government in Canada, NDP or otherwise, ever implemented something like this elsewhere, it was immediately dissolved once the NDP had lost power and it seems to be almost entirely forgotten.  But, it is an interesting part of British Columbia and social services history.

If you are interested, this discusses it:
https://books.google.ca/books?id=c598qbT6gBMC&pg=PA67&lpg=PA67&dq=community+resources+board+dave+barrett&source=bl&ots=2cebPKplHW&sig=NOl2C1wXTu4tNyCGsdVwfMTZ-zo&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CCYQ6AEwAmoVChMIxP7ey_LjxgIVwTKICh2jtAzT#v=onepage&q=community%20resources%20board%20dave%20barrett&f=false

albrecht

Quote from: Jackstar on July 17, 2015, 10:47:58 PM

Yep, actually a pretty good, concise version of stuff that has been known, and talked about, for centuries by everyone from the ancient Greeks and Chinese philosophers and strategists and up to today. There is more to it but that is a good starting list. And certainly one that should be shown, or taught, to the smartphone, one second attention span generation.

136 or 142

Quote from: Jackstar on July 17, 2015, 11:00:41 PM

I'm content to wait patiently while you connect the dots. *muted, choked-back laughter*

How about you use full sentences.

Quote from: 136 or 142 on July 17, 2015, 11:08:39 PM

I am truly sorry to hear about your brother. 

Obviously I wasn't blaming Reagan for the AIDS virus, unlike some of the kooks who appear on Coast, but that his administration was slow to respond to it, and especially so after they found out that it mostly killed gay people (and illegal drug users) is an established fact.

In regards to socialism and community control. The semi socialist NDP government of Dave Barrett in British Columbia (probably the closest thing to a Social Democratic Party ever elected in Canada, and Barrett himself is a rather mixed bag) also started on a process of devolving social service delivery to local citizens through what they called a "Community Resources Board."

As far as I know, no other government in Canada, NDP or otherwise, ever implemented something like this elsewhere, it was immediately dissolved once the NDP had lost power and it seems to be almost entirely forgotten.  But, it is an interesting part of British Columbia and social services history.

If you are interested, this discusses it:
https://books.google.ca/books?id=c598qbT6gBMC&pg=PA67&lpg=PA67&dq=community+resources+board+dave+barrett&source=bl&ots=2cebPKplHW&sig=NOl2C1wXTu4tNyCGsdVwfMTZ-zo&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CCYQ6AEwAmoVChMIxP7ey_LjxgIVwTKICh2jtAzT#v=onepage&q=community%20resources%20board%20dave%20barrett&f=false

That's fascinating.  Thanks for that piece of info.  Thank you for your kind words regarding my brother.  He had a lot of problems but was a very sweet and loving person.  Last ten years have sucked.  Lost my dad in '08, my brother in '11 and my Mom in '13. Plus a close uncle in '14.  They say adversities like these build the character.  That is still yet to be determined.

We can disagree on politics, 136, but we must never let that devolve into hate or disrespect.  There is more to life than politics. I think you have a good heart and that is what's important.

136 or 142

Quote from: 21st Century Man on July 17, 2015, 11:18:57 PM

That's fascinating.  Thanks for that piece of info.  Thank you for your kind words regarding my brother.  He had a lot of problems but was a very sweet and loving person.  Last ten years have sucked.  Lost my dad in '08, my brother in '11 and my Mom in '13. Plus a close uncle in '14.  They say adversities like these build the character.  That is still yet to be determined.

We can disagree on politics, 136, but we must never let that devolve into hate or disrespect.  There is more to life than politics. I think you have a good heart and that is what's important.

That is just awful. Thanks for the kind words and I send them back to you.

Since you aren't a Bob Dylan fan, you probably don't know this. if you can take the singing, this song may mean something to you.

https://vimeo.com/61822795

Jackstar

Quote from: 136 or 142 on July 17, 2015, 11:09:52 PM

Those were full sentences when they left my email server stored in my closet at my home residence, I don't know what to tell you.

Quick Karl

Quote from: Jackstar on July 17, 2015, 11:38:47 PM
Those were full sentences when they left my email server stored in my closet at my home residence, I don't know what to tell you.

;D ;D ;D

Quick Karl

Quote from: 21st Century Man on July 17, 2015, 10:52:03 PM

In an ideal world, I would have preferred a government that was a little stronger than that established in the Articles of Confederation but not as strong as that established in the Constitution.  If wishes were fishes, I'd repeal the 14th Amendment and replace it with another amendment that doesn't infringe on State's Rights but forbids bigotry.

I don't believe that some cadre of faggots 1,500-miles away from where I live should have anything, whatsoever, to so say about how the people in the State I live in, run their lives.

Quick Karl

Quote from: 136 or 142 on July 17, 2015, 11:09:52 PM

Jackstar is operating on a level or two above yours, and I am being polite...

136 or 142

Quote from: Jackstar on July 18, 2015, 12:05:05 AM
Communication is only possible between equals.

Well, maybe it is my fault that I can't understand what you are getting it. But, to be honest, I can't imagine it was anything of any significance anyway.

albrecht

Quote from: 136 or 142 on July 18, 2015, 12:19:28 AM

Well, maybe it is my fault that I can't understand what you are getting it. But, to be honest, I can't imagine it was anything of any significance anyway.
Amazingly in defense, the Jackstar post via that website did sum up a bunch of thought about political and social control if you ever read the Ancient thinkers, Sun Tzu, Machiavelli, Bernays, Overton Window, dare-I-say Frankfurt school, Gramsci, Alinsky, etc.

136 or 142

Quote from: albrecht on July 18, 2015, 12:27:52 AM
Amazingly in defense, the Jackstar post via that website did sum up a bunch of thought about political and social control if you ever read the Ancient thinkers, Sun Tzu, Machiavelli, Bernays, Overton Window, dare-I-say Frankfurt school, Gramsci, Alinsky, etc.

Well, yes I got that, but that wasn't anything he said.

Jackstar

It gets better every time I re-read it for context!

Pop quiz: where are you at on the Kennedy murder?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Quick Karl on July 18, 2015, 12:03:06 AM
Jackstar is operating on a level or two above yours, and I am being polite...

He still won't let you be his bitch though. That has to hurt? As in it doesn't, if you see what I mean, baby.