• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Bella-Haven is Live

Started by nbirnes, July 01, 2015, 12:44:24 AM

Ms. C

Good Morning;

I'm drinking my coffee and listening away ... I really want to put in a comment right here ... Nancy and Rose; you gals are great being natural; I keep hearing you all want to 'build build build' a larger listener base and keep slipping into a competition [with a wee bit of jealousy] mode (sorry, this is IMHO)  -- but what has Art said over and over ..... "if we start small it will suit me just fine, there is just one reason for me to do this and it is simple, FUN" 

Bella Haven is great on its own and FUN, I don't know if you'll ever get Keith R. to acknowledge and accept what you 'ladies' are putting out; and give you that golden spot on his network or any spot ... who knows, if there is that ol' time boy mentality with that or not .... but dayum girls, it doesn't matter ... be small and have fun .... 

for myself, I'm enjoying the show more and more each day, due to the natural flow.  Thanks! 

Paradox

I agree with Ms. C.  My two cents-I enjoy the show and while I really would not like to see or hear Nancy go to the kitchen and whack herself with a wooden spoon, it did get a laugh out of me.  I listen on iTunes and should I get brave enough some day I will listen online with access to your magic chat room. 

Keep it up.  I will keep listening.

nbirnes

Quote from: Ms. C on July 16, 2015, 05:50:59 AM
Good Morning;

I'm drinking my coffee and listening away ... I really want to put in a comment right here ... Nancy and Rose; you gals are great being natural; I keep hearing you all want to 'build build build' a larger listener base and keep slipping into a competition [with a wee bit of jealousy] mode (sorry, this is IMHO)  -- but what has Art said over and over ..... "if we start small it will suit me just fine, there is just one reason for me to do this and it is simple, FUN" 

Bella Haven is great on its own and FUN, I don't know if you'll ever get Keith R. to acknowledge and accept what you 'ladies' are putting out; and give you that golden spot on his network or any spot ... who knows, if there is that ol' time boy mentality with that or not .... but dayum girls, it doesn't matter ... be small and have fun .... 

for myself, I'm enjoying the show more and more each day, due to the natural flow.  Thanks!

This is very wise advice, and the sooner we grok it completely, the better it will be. It don't come easy, this kind of fun. Others have said it better, but being independent really is all that; small is sweet.

Lilith

Quote from: nbirnes on July 16, 2015, 06:41:22 AM
....... being independent really is all that.....
INDEED!!!  ;)

Lilith

Quote from: Paradox on July 16, 2015, 05:59:27 AM
I agree with Ms. C.  My two cents-I enjoy the show and while I really would not like to see or hear Nancy go to the kitchen and whack herself with a wooden spoon, it did get a laugh out of me.  I listen on iTunes and should I get brave enough some day I will listen online with access to your magic chat room. 

Keep it up.  I will keep listening.

If your awake during the live show/chat time, dear ol friend, I promise you its safe to log into the chat, you don't have to type anything at all if you don't want to.  I mostly just read what everyone is saying....once in a while I have a strong urge to say something, and then I DO.  :D

Jackstar

Quote from: WOTR on July 15, 2015, 11:27:39 PM
I actually know one of the top masons in the province... He lead a very regular life and worked a blue collar job (upper blue collar, but blue collar just the same.)  He lives in a mid-priced house in a quiet neighbourhood.  He is nice, and I know him and the other members spend quite a bit of time doing charity stuff.

QuoteI used to believe that there could be a conspiracy, some secret "take over the world" agenda.  Sadly, once I found out he was way up there in the lodge, I just cannot accept it as even a mild possibility.  I would not even be able to listen to Art interview somebody on the topic as it does not hold any interest for me anymore... I am positive that it is a group of older, mostly retired men who want to escape their families for a few hours, get together, enjoy life and give something to charity.

PrairieGhost

Nancy, can you tell me what service that is for the music license that you talked about on the show?

popple

I'm obsessed with BH! Last night I was bursting out laughing in bed. Especially during the tarot card reading. Nancy was gonna get that spoon! LOL ;D I'm replaying all the shows while I work. I just can't get enough. Such fun <3

nbirnes

Quote from: PrairieGhost on July 16, 2015, 03:33:19 PM
Nancy, can you tell me what service that is for the music license that you talked about on the show?

Yes. It's called www.StreamLicensing.com. We're still exploring the various details and setups, so if you see anything interesting or unusual there, point it out.

It caters more to Shoutcast than Icecast.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: popple on July 16, 2015, 03:45:15 PM
I'm obsessed with BH! Last night I was bursting out laughing in bed. Especially during the tarot card reading. Nancy was gonna get that spoon! LOL ;D I'm replaying all the shows while I work. I just can't get enough. Such fun <3

^^^^^  yep, last night listening to the show in bed with head phones and my laughter woke my wife up. She asked, "are listening to those girls AGAIN?"

popple

HAHA! I feel like I'm being a bit of a bother giggling away as well. I enjoy your call-in appearances too, Mr. Crow  :)

bateman

I admit, I laughed at White Crow's Maryanne impression. Did you ask if you could "borrow a cup of cat food"? One of many recent lulz on Bella Haven.

serenity

Quote from: bateman on July 16, 2015, 04:16:19 PM
I admit, I laughed at White Crow's Maryanne impression. Did you ask if you could "borrow a cup of cat food"? One of many recent lulz on Bella Haven.

Being a nostalgia freak, I think BH would have been a great radio program back in the 40's and 50's Love it!

SaucyRossy

Quote from: Ms. C on July 16, 2015, 05:50:59 AM
Good Morning;

Well said.

The gals are building something special, all they need to do is keep having fun and the numbers will keep growing.

chefist

Quote from: SaucyRossy on July 16, 2015, 04:25:47 PM

Well said.

The gals are building something special, all they need to do is keep having fun and the numbers will keep growing.
Agreed!

serenity

Quote from: SaucyRossy on July 16, 2015, 04:25:47 PM

Well said.

And please don't change a thing.
Ciao Bella!

NightsAtSea

I tuned in for the first time last night and really enjoyed it. You've definitely got another listener right here!

WhiteCrow

Quote from: bateman on July 16, 2015, 04:16:19 PM

Yep that's what I said... But I choked completely when the girls didn't play along.

As MV pointed out on the GabCast,  it takes real talent and skill to be a a great broadcaster, it's a lots of hard work and a very select few have what it takes to be great...
It may be too early yet to say,  but these Bella-Haven Babes seem to on the right track. I'm really looking forward to how they handle the show when Art returns.

RoseGirl

...gone a bit nuts today...sorry...

serenity

Quote from: serenity on July 16, 2015, 04:22:47 PM
Being a nostalgia freak, I think BH would have been a great radio program back in the 40's and 50's Love it!

I think that came out wrong. While it would have been great then, it is a great and wonderful show today. You girls work very hard and it shows. Keep going!

nbirnes

Quote from: NightsAtSea on July 16, 2015, 05:40:46 PM
I tuned in for the first time last night and really enjoyed it. You've definitely got another listener right here!

Excellent. I will prepare your goodie bag for you and have your brew at exactly the right temperature. Welcome, fellow night person.