• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

MITD BLITZ!

Started by chefist, June 26, 2015, 02:19:24 PM

chefist

Quote from: NXOEED on July 01, 2015, 10:48:02 PM

haha I didn't see this earlier. Do you hang out around 4th ave, Ben? It's one of my fav stomping grounds up there. We might know some of the same people.

This heat can go fuck itself, BTW. Phoenix is starting to get to me.
Tucson is at least 10 to 12 degrees cooler! plus the monsoons are here! it was 83 tonight at the Hi Fi bar downtown next to 4th! OMG amazing! wish you were there! Then we went to 47 Scott speak easy! That was a blast! GREAT DRINKS!

NXOEED

Okay, so maybe I'll throw an infographic together tomorrow with some images and instructions on how people might go about printing posters and hanging them around town.

NXOEED

Quote from: chefist on July 01, 2015, 11:25:32 PM
Tucson is at least 10 to 12 degrees cooler! plus the monsoons are here! it was 83 tonight at the Hi Fi bar downtown next to 4th! OMG amazing! wish you were there! Then we went to 47 Scott speak easy! That was a blast! GREAT DRINKS!

haha yeah, Tucson beats the hell out of Phoenix in just about every way. I miss it. If you're ever in my neck of the woods, come to The Lost Leaf. It's on 5th street (our 4th Ave). I haven't had a drink in a year and a half, but I'm there every night anyway.

Heather Wade

Quote from: NXOEED on July 01, 2015, 11:28:28 PM
Okay, so maybe I'll throw an infographic together tomorrow with some images and instructions on how people might go about printing posters and hanging them around town.

You're a straight up cat, er, bear.  Thank you.

NXOEED

Quote from: (Redacted) on July 01, 2015, 11:33:44 PM

You're a straight up cat, er, bear.  Thank you.

haha anything but a horse.

heater

I was talking with a friend this morning that is in the PR business about creating / sending out press releases.  If we could come up with $400 we can send it out through PR Newswire and it will be displayed in Time Square on one of the big boards.  We can add a photo / artwork with it too.

chefist

Quote from: themudking on July 02, 2015, 07:41:46 AM
I was talking with a friend this morning that is in the PR business about creating / sending out press releases.  If we could come up with $400 we can send it out through PR Newswire and it will be displayed in Time Square on one of the big boards.  We can add a photo / artwork with it too.
interesting...how long does it stay on for and will it run at a good time of the day?

heater

great questions.  we would need to talk to a rep with them to find out those details.  They will work with you to find a day / time that give you the exposure you are looking for like morning rush, lunch, or night to display but it depends on the big guys too so if there are big money people wanting board space they pay more to get it.

NXOEED

The Times Square thing sounds cool.

I send press releases out about three or four times a month. It's usually hit or miss as to what the press will pick up, but a thing like Art Bell's return shouldn't be a problem getting any traction. Half the time, just sending it directly to the AP is enough to do the trick. But again, that all depends on whether or not they give a shit, and half the time they don't.

Heather Wade

I am willing to chip in on this.  Can put in 50 - 100.  I've done the Press Release thing before, and plan on doing that this weekend.  Top Secret, but I will call as many news outlets as possible to get the text that Keith gave us out there.  Have not done this in a while, but used to be good at it.  We'll see if I can make anything happen.

Heather Wade

So, what photo/ artwork should we use?  Should be the best of what we've got so far. 

chefist

Quote from: (Redacted) on July 02, 2015, 11:45:29 AM

I am willing to chip in on this.  Can put in 50 - 100.  I've done the Press Release thing before, and plan on doing that this weekend.  Top Secret, but I will call as many news outlets as possible to get the text that Keith gave us out there.  Have not done this in a while, but used to be good at it.  We'll see if I can make anything happen.
Me too...I'll pitch in!

Heather Wade

Quote from: themudking on July 02, 2015, 07:46:39 AM
great questions.  we would need to talk to a rep with them to find out those details.  They will work with you to find a day / time that give you the exposure you are looking for like morning rush, lunch, or night to display but it depends on the big guys too so if there are big money people wanting board space they pay more to get it.

Monday or Tuesday between 9 AM - 3 PM would be best.  Since 'Murica has ADD, I think this should happen on 13th or 14th of July.  Thoughts?

chefist

Quote from: (Redacted) on July 02, 2015, 12:24:17 PM

Monday or Tuesday between 9 AM - 3 PM would be best.  Since 'Murica has ADD, I think this should happen on 13th or 14th of July.  Thoughts?
When do most people go to work and come home in that area? 7am-8am peak morning? Afternoon 4pm-6pm?

Heather Wade

Quote from: chefist on July 02, 2015, 12:28:09 PM
When do most people go to work and come home in that area? 7am-8am peak morning? Afternoon 4pm-6pm?

Wait.  4 PM - 6 PM sounds better.

eddie dean

I can throw in 50 bucks, maybe more if needed. Let's do this! It's definitely a good idea

chefist

Quote from: eddie dean on July 02, 2015, 01:15:38 PM
I can throw in 50 bucks, maybe more if needed. Let's do this! It's definitely a good idea
would PayPal be the best way...

eddie dean

Quote from: chefist on July 02, 2015, 01:25:21 PM
would PayPal be the best way...

That's what I'll use! I've had a balance for awhile now and it's burning a hole in my pocket.

chefist

Quote from: eddie dean on July 02, 2015, 01:30:34 PM
That's what I'll use! I've had a balance for awhile now and it's burning a hole in my pocket.
Awesome...I guess we send it to MK?

eddie dean

Quote from: chefist on July 02, 2015, 01:31:47 PM
Awesome...I guess we send it to MK?

Not sure yet. More info is needed.

heater

I think we need to work out the press release and artwork first.  We can use that regardless of where we send it.  Here is the link to where we can get it on the big board: https://ireach.prnewswire.com/Orders/price-options.aspx  look at the WebReach Plus option.  I think one of us should lead the charge of talking with them and getting the details.  I would ask my PR friend for more help but I hate talking someone into doing their day job after hours.

Heather Wade

Quote from: themudking on July 02, 2015, 04:39:31 PM
I think we need to work out the press release and artwork first.  We can use that regardless of where we send it.  Here is the link to where we can get it on the big board: https://ireach.prnewswire.com/Orders/price-options.aspx  look at the WebReach Plus option.  I think one of us should lead the charge of talking with them and getting the details.  I would ask my PR friend for more help but I hate talking someone into doing their day job after hours.

We've got the press release text thanks to Keith.  We need to select the artwork to go with it.  I like the idea of taking one of Bateman's wallpapers and adding show information to it, or even a slick screenshot from one of Jazmunda's trailers.

I have Friday & Monday off & can call & get details on this then.

eddie dean

Quote from: themudking on July 02, 2015, 04:39:31 PM

Good to see the break down of what the 399 buys.
Questions: I see they put this out on the news wire once. What about social media outlets?
I see something about the  S-media toolbar, I'm just wondering how interactive it is.  how much or how little time does this require from us, as the buyer? do we have to monitor this and push it out ourselves every few days to the SM locations we target.
I guess what  I'm asking is: what the moneys really buys? Does it  simply give us access to send PR stuff through their network? Then we have to do the leg work?
Or will there be a rep assigned to our case who will monitor & push out the PR to twitter, FB, Instagram?
signed - a marketing novice

chefist

chefist

I'm thinking $400 is bare bones...

heater

The way I understand it is they take our press release and push it out to news services, websites, social, etc.  I've written several press releases through this service but I just hand over the copy to the PR person to clean up and do their magic.  When I asked what the magic was she said she used this service and told me about the Time's Square thing.

If we don't get value for the $$ that is ok with me.

jazmunda

I'm happy to donate to this too.

Heather Wade

Quote from: themudking on July 02, 2015, 06:11:39 PM
The way I understand it is they take our press release and push it out to news services, websites, social, etc.  I've written several press releases through this service but I just hand over the copy to the PR person to clean up and do their magic.  When I asked what the magic was she said she used this service and told me about the Time's Square thing.

If we don't get value for the $$ that is ok with me.

Hmm.  Well, you've got my gears turning on this.  I can't wait to look into it further to see what we really get for our money.  Not sure if they will be open tomorrow, but phone calls will be made, sir.