MITD BLITZ!

Started by chefist, June 26, 2015, 02:19:24 PM

Heather Wade

Quote from: chefist on June 29, 2015, 10:45:17 AM
Ok, boss... ;)

We are all The Boss on the MITD Blitz.   

heater

I have a base website set up for us to start working on at beta.freeartbell.com

Once we have a functional site with some content I will move it over to just be freeartbell.com

I don't claim to be the most creative designer out there but I am good at making others people's designs work.  If any of you have experience creating web designs I would love to let you tackle designing a layout we can use for the site.   I don't think it needs to win the design of the year but at least be more pro than C2C's current site.  b_dubb any help or input you have on the UI side would be great.

jazmunda

Quote from: themudking on June 29, 2015, 06:53:26 PM

Once we have a functional site with some content I will move it over to just be freeartbell.com

I don't claim to be the most creative designer out there but I am good at making others people's designs work.  If any of you have experience creating web designs I would love to let you tackle designing a layout we can use for the site.   I don't think it needs to win the design of the year but at least be more pro than C2C's current site.  b_dubb any help or input you have on the UI side would be great.

I get the following when trying to access beta.freeartbell.com

Or is that what I'm meant to see at the moment?

chefist

Quote from: jazmunda on June 29, 2015, 07:05:46 PM

Yea, he just started with some basic programming.  I'm not an HTML guy, but sounds like there are some around that can help make something up...whatever we can get done by the launch, nothing super intricate as time is a factor...

heater

Quote from: jazmunda on June 29, 2015, 07:05:46 PM

yeah it is a blank canvas currently for us to start from.  Any chance we can all get on a skype call or I have a private IRC server we could chat tomorrow or Wednesday night?  I want to get some ideas from the group as to what I should focus my efforts on for the site.

jazmunda

I think it just need to be basic and simply. Thumbnails for the trailers that expand when clicked. Perhaps and image gallery for the artwork. Prominent Links to subscribe and listen. Pertinent information.

Heather Wade

Quote from: themudking on June 29, 2015, 06:53:26 PM

freeartbell.com is cool, man.  What do you have in mind to replace it with?  Has b_dubb been invited to this thread? 

chefist

Quote from: themudking on June 29, 2015, 07:12:40 PM

yeah it is a blank canvas currently for us to start from.  Any chance we can all get on a skype call or I have a private IRC server we could chat tomorrow or Wednesday night?  I want to get some ideas from the group as to what I should focus my efforts on for the site.

I'm available...no problem...

jazmunda

I'm a available whenever except when I'm not.

Heather Wade

I'm down for a skype call, I know what I'd like to see there, but not sure how to create it.  I'm with Jaz in thinking that simple & powerful is the way to go.  The most prominent links should be artbell.com, the subscription link, & DMRN TuneIn link. 

All the trailers, hell yeah.  Maybe make the background this (or not, I have no web design skills):

chefist

Quote from: (Redacted) on June 29, 2015, 07:14:47 PM

freeartbell.com is cool, man.  What do you have in mind to replace it with?  Has b_dubb been invited to this thread?

I'm pretty sure MK invited him yesterday...

jazmunda

Quote from: (Redacted) on June 29, 2015, 07:21:13 PM

I'm down for a skype call, I know what I'd like to see there, but not sure how to create it.  I'm with Jaz in thinking that simple & powerful is the way to go.  The most prominent links should be artbell.com, the subscription link, & DMRN TuneIn link. 

All the trailers, hell yeah.  Maybe make the background this (or not, I have no web design skills):

I believe what Red is saying is that it should look something like this:

https://youtu.be/azl5jxcXCZk

Heather Wade

Quote from: jazmunda on June 29, 2015, 07:27:37 PM
I believe what Red is saying is that it should look something like this:

https://youtu.be/azl5jxcXCZk

I need a drink.  Chefist... Jack n Coke?

chefist

Quote from: (Redacted) on June 29, 2015, 07:46:14 PM

I need a drink.  Chefist... Jack n Coke?

Neat for me please!  :D

Heather Wade

Quote from: jazmunda on June 29, 2015, 07:17:40 PM
I'm a available whenever except when I'm not.

You've been attending the Aldous Burbank School of Wisdom.   ;D

chefist

Quote from: (Redacted) on June 29, 2015, 07:59:43 PM

You've been attending the Aldous Burbank School of Wisdom.   ;D

he he...I'll be buying him a round or two soon!

SaucyRossy

I'm still here. Was working on stuff all weekend. I will have some trailers and the like to show you guys by Wednesday which with your guys feedback I'll make final edits of before we kick this off on Monday. I'm excited!!!

jazmunda

Quote from: SaucyRossy on June 30, 2015, 02:21:33 AM
I'm still here. Was working on stuff all weekend. I will have some trailers and the like to show you guys by Wednesday which with your guys feedback I'll make final edits of before we kick this off on Monday. I'm excited!!!

I can't wait!!!

chefist

I don't know what this "Big News" is but I'm monitoring FB and AB.com....so anxious I feel like I have to micturate!

SaucyRossy

Quote from: chefist on June 30, 2015, 01:13:34 PM
I don't know what this "Big News" is but I'm monitoring FB and AB.com....so anxious I feel like I have to micturate!

RCH is hosting other side of midnight!!!!!! Oh holy shit. That's going to be one wild and whacky ass show. I cannot wait.
In fact. I have a third trailer to make now, a trailer for RCH!!!!!
I'm going to load it with symbolism and retro futurism.

chefist

BOOM...Cool stuff! And I had a joke all lined up for the GabCast tonight...I'm one of the co-hosts...show prep to do now!

Heather Wade

Quote from: SaucyRossy on June 30, 2015, 04:41:14 PM
RCH is hosting other side of midnight!!!!!! Oh holy shit. That's going to be one wild and whacky ass show. I cannot wait.
In fact. I have a third trailer to make now, a trailer for RCH!!!!!
I'm going to load it with symbolism and retro futurism.

That trailer is going to be cool as hell...

NXOEED

Hi. Here's one of the promotional flyers I'm working on. Apologies if it looks crappy. I'm still working on it a bit, and it's still in my sketchbook. I've got three similar ones going with illustrations of Bigfoot, ghosts, and Masonic symbolism. I know the lettering is a bit cartoony, but I like the retro feel of hand-lettering. Art shows, punk bands and comic books are the only things I know how to promote, so if I suck at this, let me know.

I'll have scans of these in a couple days at 11x17, 8.5x11, and handbills at 4 to a sheet. They'll all be black and white and cheap to reproduce. The machine I use is at an Alphagraphics down the street at 7 cents a sheet. a hundred full sheets of them generally runs me about 6 or 7 bucks depending on the day, and that'll get you 400 handbills once they're cut. So throwing under a hundred bucks into it'll get you thousands. But I think that good old fashioned 11x17 are the way to go. If you want to go bigger than that, Kinkos/Fedex have large scale B/W poster makers which are good for wheatpasting. I'll probably make a couple of those as well.

Blah blah blah. I'll post actual scans over the weekend. I just wanted to show you guys what I'm working on so that if you think it sucks or not in line with what you've got going, you can tell me to go fuck myself. 

chefist

Quote from: NXOEED on June 30, 2015, 08:32:08 PM
Hi. Here's one of the promotional flyers I'm working on. Apologies if it looks crappy. I'm still working on it a bit, and it's still in my sketchbook. I've got three similar ones going with illustrations of Bigfoot, ghosts, and Masonic symbolism. I know the lettering is a bit cartoony, but I like the retro feel of hand-lettering. Art shows, punk bands and comic books are the only things I know how to promote, so if I suck at this, let me know.

I'll have scans of these in a couple days at 11x17, 8.5x11, and handbills at 4 to a sheet. They'll all be black and white and cheap to reproduce. The machine I use is at an Alphagraphics down the street at 7 cents a sheet. a hundred full sheets of them generally runs me about 6 or 7 bucks depending on the day, and that'll get you 400 handbills once they're cut. So throwing under a hundred bucks into it'll get you thousands. But I think that good old fashioned 11x17 are the way to go. If you want to go bigger than that, Kinkos/Fedex have large scale B/W poster makers which are good for wheatpasting. I'll probably make a couple of those as well.

Blah blah blah. I'll post actual scans over the weekend. I just wanted to show you guys what I'm working on so that if you think it sucks or not in line with what you've got going, you can tell me to go fuck myself.
Shut UP!!!! Awesomeness! Great job!

Heather Wade

Quote from: NXOEED on June 30, 2015, 08:32:08 PM

This is awesome, let me know when we can post these all over facebook & twitter!

NXOEED

Quote from: chefist on June 30, 2015, 09:02:55 PM
Shut UP!!!! Awesomeness! Great job!

Ah thank you, buddy. My street team and I will be rolling into Tucson in a couple weeks to post these around town. We should meet up.

Thank you too, Redacted. I'll get some better shots of it and the others this weekend. I'm totally excited about the 20th and all that it encompasses.

You guys sounded great tonight.

chefist

MV, Red, Eddie and Jaz...super fun stuff...thanks!

Heather Wade

Quote from: NXOEED on June 30, 2015, 09:08:24 PM

Ah thank you, buddy. My street team and I will be rolling into Tucson in a couple weeks to post these around town. We should meet up.

Thank you too, Redacted. I'll get some better shots of it and the others this weekend. I'm totally excited about the 20th and all that it encompasses.

Looking forward to your scans/ photos.  With your permission, I will post them on the public Blitz thread for others to distribute starting July 4th.

chefist

I'll pm you my number!

SaucyRossy

Holy fuck NXO. That poster is insanely awesome. I kind of want to print it out and frame it haha