• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

MITD BLITZ!

Started by chefist, June 26, 2015, 02:19:24 PM

chefist

Quote from: themudking on June 28, 2015, 04:52:50 PM

please keep this between us but I own freeartbell.com and have more plans than time for it.  I would love to make it a promo site for his show. anyone that has a good idea for it and some time I would be glad to share it.  I would like to get all the Art promo videos on it as a one stop shop for them as well as any other relevant artwork if all the creators are ok with it.

I currently have a twitter post widget on there and we could add several auto created posts that people only need to click on and promo Art.

All is sworn to secrecy...pain of death and all that stuff...

Heather Wade

please keep this between us but I own freeartbell.com and have more plans than time for it.  I would love to make it a promo site for his show. anyone that has a good idea for it and some time I would be glad to share it.  I would like to get all the Art promo videos on it as a one stop shop for them as well as any other relevant artwork if all the creators are ok with it.

I currently have a twitter post widget on there and we could add several auto created posts that people only need to click on and promo Art.

Any trailers/ artwork/ links on the public Blitz thread can be shared all you want.  I've gotten permission from the creators before posting their work.
I've included freeartbell.com as one of the links to share all over everywhere.  I realize you are busy, so when you get time to tinker, that's cool.

jazmunda

I was going to suggest a one stop website for all the promotional material.

freeartbell.com seems to be the perfect place.

Whilst I like the irony of artbellsucks.com i don't know if that will work as a promotional tool. People are too dumb.

chefist

Jaz...were you posting at like 3:30 or 4 in the morning your time? I'm impressed...at your insomnia or mania...

we have only 6 days till the 4th...are we waiting a day for launch due to the holiday? we have more help now and I think it would be prudent to make a "to do" list associated with the person responsible...am I being too corporate? We can prioritize the tasks as well...

Heather Wade

Quote from: chefist on June 28, 2015, 05:33:21 PM
Jaz...were you posting at like 3:30 or 4 in the morning your time? I'm impressed...at your insomnia or mania...

we have only 6 days till the 4th...are we waiting a day for launch due to the holiday? we have more help now and I think it would be prudent to make a "to do" list associated with the person responsible...am I being too corporate? We can prioritize the tasks as well...

Yeah, a little too corporate for a pirate operation.  But, it's cool.  July 4th is the date of Blitz launch.

eddie dean

Quote from: chefist on June 28, 2015, 04:40:13 PM
I've PM'd B-Dubb and XNOEED and informed them of this project...now I have never PM'd them so they may think  I am a complete Dahmer...hopefully we will see them here soon...

I certainly hope you're not!
I'd like to make it home in one piece after the rush concert on the 27th thank you very much.

Thanks for the invite to this thread. Not sure how much I can help. I'm not a big social media user. I don't even have a Facebook page.
I do have a twitter page with like 80 followers. Not much help, but will tweet blitz materials everyday!   
I need to think about how else I can help. I might be able to create some cool, professional sounding audio promos. As a stand alone or  included in a video somewhere. More thought is needed.

jazmunda

Quote from: chefist on June 28, 2015, 05:33:21 PM

I made the silly mistake of going to bed early then waking in the middle of the night and not being able to fall back asleep until about an hour before my alarm went off for work.

Heather Wade

Quote from: eddie dean on June 28, 2015, 05:59:06 PM
I'd like to make it home in one piece after the rush concert on the 27th thank you very much.

Thanks for the invite to this thread. Not sure how much I can help. I'm not a big social media user. I don't even have a Facebook page.
I do have a twitter page with like 80 followers. Not much help, but will tweet blitz materials everyday!   
I need to think about how else I can help. I might be able to create some cool, professional sounding audio promos. As a stand alone or  included in a video somewhere. More thought is needed.

Your tweets are appreciated in advance.  No worries & no pressure.  This is a voluntary deal, man.   :D

jazmunda

Quote from: eddie dean on June 28, 2015, 05:59:06 PM

Why do you hate Art Bell so much? You are free to post in the Falkie thread with the other haterz.

chefist

Quote from: jazmunda on June 28, 2015, 06:03:25 PM
Why do you hate Art Bell so much? You are free to post in the Falkie thread with the other haterz.

BAAP! LOL...But I'm in the same boat at Eddie...I can do grunt work for sure! I'm not a SM guru...but I am with Jaz...if Art wants maximum exposure he will have to reach out to other famous folks...I'm not in the inner circle around him, nor do I strive to...it's just fun to help fellow BellGabbers!

My strengths that may help is I can organize groups of folks and complete projects on time...doing leg work as well....for what it's worth guys...

Ben

Heather Wade

Quote from: chefist on June 28, 2015, 06:10:44 PM
BAAP! LOL...But I'm in the same boat at Eddie...I can do grunt work for sure! I'm not a SM guru...but I am with Jaz...if Art wants maximum exposure he will have to reach out to other famous folks...I'm not in the inner circle around him, nor do I strive to...it's just fun to help fellow BellGabbers!

My strengths that may help is I can organize groups of folks and complete projects on time...doing leg work as well....for what it's worth guys...

Ben

It's worth a lot. 

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: (Redacted) on June 28, 2015, 05:42:17 PM

July 4th is the date of Blitz launch.

Has Art given any thought to what Jazmunda said about July 4 being a bad start date? I think jaz is right.

jazmunda

Quote from: MV on June 28, 2015, 06:57:56 PM
Has Art given any thought to what Jazmunda said about July 4 being a bad start date? I think jaz is right.

I can't stress this enough. Weekends are the worst time to post stuff to social media that you want seen by a wide audience. Holidays especially the 4th of July holiday would be worse.

I'm not sure if the Monday is a US holiday but if so then that is bad too.

I have not had contact with Art regarding this. Red?

eddie dean

Quote from: jazmunda on June 28, 2015, 07:02:37 PM
I can't stress this enough. Weekends are the worst time to post stuff to social media that you want seen by a wide audience. Holidays especially the 4th of July holiday would be worse.

I agree, esp.  a major holiday weekend. Look at BG as an example. on Friday & Saturday nights I've noticed a dropoff in posts. it might be slight, but it's noticeable.

jazmunda

Quote from: eddie dean on June 28, 2015, 07:15:55 PM
I agree, esp.  a major holiday weekend. Look at BG as an example. on Friday & Saturday nights I've noticed a dropoff in posts. it might be slight, but it's noticeable.

There is definitely a drop off. MV might have stats to back that up.

One of my wife's best friends is the social media director for a major radio station here and according to her they would never start a campaign on a weekend.

NXOEED

Thanks for adding me.

I messaged Redacted earlier today with what I've been working on for this thing. I'm keeping it a secret from the general public for the next ten days, but figure there's no harm in sharing it here. I know I'm limited in terms of what an idiot like me could do to help promote a guy like Art Bell, but I do have one thing I'm good at, so I might as well put it to use.

So, I do this thing in my town (Phoenix, Arizona), where I hide my art behind dumpsters and in trees for interested parties to find and collect. People participate, and we have a lot of fun. You can find out more about them here, if you want: http://ntnglobalsystems.com/nxoeed/recent.html (this is just so that you know I'm not pulling all this out of my ass).

Anyway, I've been working on an event for July 18 +19 in downtown Phoenix. I've got some folks helping me out with it. It's an alien-related art hunt very similar to the ones that I've done in the past, but the maps posted around town will be accompanied by the MITD posters I've been working on for the wheatpaste campaign and the aliens themselves will be MITD-related. Basically, we've been promoting it like it's this  catastrophic event that's about to take the city over. We've been letting the people on the event page try to decipher what it's about up to this point. We'll be releasing all that information the week leading up to the hunt, and on Saturday, July 18, aliens will appear in trees and on telephone poles, free for anybody who happens to find them.

We usually get 300-500 people to come out for these events, and I understand this is a modest number compared to the numbers Art is used to drawing, but it's always more about the promo than it is the event itself. I'll be sending the press release out this week and the wheatpastes will go up next week.

Anyway, hi. My name is James. You guys can friend me on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, if you want. Nxoeed is my handle on all three.

Heather Wade

Quote from: jazmunda on June 28, 2015, 07:02:37 PM

I think the days to hit hardest are July 6th, 7th, 13th & 14th.  I agree, so let's focus on the days that will generate the most activity, but the light goes green on July 4th.  Have not talked to Art about this, but will bring it up.  Don't want to bug him because of Yetti.

heater

I agree that the following days are better for us.  Art didnt say we had to do everything on the 4th, only that we could start on that day.  I say we give him & Keith the first few days to do their thing during the holiday.  We should retweet and promote what they do but the Bellgab MITD Blitz can start Monday the 6th.  If we all agree it wouldn't hurt for an Art insider to communicate that to him and Keith.

heater

Quote from: jazmunda on June 28, 2015, 05:27:43 PM
I was going to suggest a one stop website for all the promotional material.

freeartbell.com seems to be the perfect place.

Whilst I like the irony of artbellsucks.com i don't know if that will work as a promotional tool. People are too dumb.

I will install a CMS (drupal) and if we can come up with some ideas for things to post I'll give you all logins to start building things with it.  MV had a good idea for it to do blog posts about Art shows.  We could do some posts leading up to it and promote them.  If we get some content I don't mind buying some google ads for it to push out there to anyone searching Coast 2 Coast, Art Bell, etc.

jazmunda

Quote from: themudking on June 28, 2015, 08:21:54 PM

I will install a CMS (drupal) and if we can come up with some ideas for things to post I'll give you all logins to start building things with it.  MV had a good idea for it to do blog posts about Art shows.  We could do some posts leading up to it and promote them.  If we get some content I don't mind buying some google ads for it to push out there to anyone searching Coast 2 Coast, Art Bell, etc.

I will contribute to this too.

jazmunda

Quote from: themudking on June 28, 2015, 08:18:22 PM
I agree that the following days are better for us.  Art didnt say we had to do everything on the 4th, only that we could start on that day.  I say we give him & Keith the first few days to do their thing during the holiday.  We should retweet and promote what they do but the Bellgab MITD Blitz can start Monday the 6th.  If we all agree it wouldn't hurt for an Art insider to communicate that to him and Keith.

Do we know what Art has planned for The Blitz?

Is he going to FB and Tweet things out for us to Share and ReTweet or is everything going to be left to the masses once the greenlight has been given.

Heather Wade

Quote from: jazmunda on June 28, 2015, 08:30:07 PM
Do we know what Art has planned for The Blitz?

Is he going to FB and Tweet things out for us to Share and ReTweet or is everything going to be left to the masses once the greenlight has been given.

*rolls up sleeves*  It's up to us, dude.

jazmunda

I just emailed Keith giving my 2 cents and to see if they had any plans.

Heather Wade

Quote from: jazmunda on June 28, 2015, 08:36:42 PM

Cool, thank you. 

Heather Wade

Quote from: themudking on June 28, 2015, 08:21:54 PM

Not sure what a CMS (drupal) is, but I will also pitch in cash for the google ads if you decide to do that.

Quote from: jazmunda on June 28, 2015, 08:36:42 PM

I would think so, but haven't heard word.  I could be wrong about it being up to us, just the impression I had. 

jazmunda

This is the email I received back from Keith:

I'm not a social marketing genius, and there are different scenarios for sure. I don't really care which it is, I think Art likes Fridays for some reason, but I think you're right, wait until after the holiday. Actually here, people take the actual day off this time, like Christmas, since it is a DATE holiday. Everyone back to work on Monday.!

You might know Art lost his favorite cat, Yetti, today, so maybe a couple days later Tuesday, you guys on Bell Gab can discuss with Art the perfect date to start. Art is just now realizing, that not every friend or follower sees his facebook posts right away, many do, but you know that Facebook tries to figure out everyone's personal preferences, and so that's why we need to continuously post about once or twice a day at various times for 2-3 weeks.

Anyway, that's about all I can contribute.

chefist

A press release would be great to get ready. ABC online carried Art's return back in 2013. I guess Red can be the SVP of PR for Art!

Heather Wade

We are all SVP of PR.   :D