• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

Rix Gins

Here's my take on what happened that fateful  day.   Oswald shot Kennedy from the school book building.  Officer Tippit followed up with a shot of his own from the grassy knoll.  The two of them meet on a street corner later on. 

"Mission accomplished,"  Oswald said.  "Where the fuck is Ruby?" 

"He said to meet us at the movie house if he wasn't here."  Tippit said.

"Ok let's go hook up with him."  Oswald said.  "Lets go, we're running out of time here."

"Can't, Lee."  Officer Tippit said nervously.  "I've got cold feet over this whole thing.  I'm gonna arrest you and be the hero of this whole mess.  Put your hands up!"

The two men struggle and the gun goes off.  Tippit is killed by the gun shot.

Oswald goes to the movie house to meet up with Jack Ruby.  Ruby stabs Oswald in the back by calling the cops and telling them that they can find the assassin hiding in the movie theater.  Ruby makes sure that Oswad won't spill the beans on things by paying a little visit to the police station while they are leading Oswald out of the building.  Case closed and now you know what I've been doing during this scatter brained show.  :)   

Zzzzillion

Quote from: zeebo on November 21, 2015, 03:40:48 AM
How's the show?  I usually enjoy Morningstar's wackiness, but can't handle any more JFK stuf for like, ever.

Sucked until Hoagland went into asshole mode and made it funny ... which makes 15 minutes of decent radio out of 120. Discussion in here has been fun though.

Zzzzillion

Quote from: Rix Gins on November 21, 2015, 03:55:37 AM
Here's my take on what happened that fateful  day.   Oswald shot Kennedy from the school book building.  Officer Tippit followed up with a shot of his own from the grassy knoll.  The two of them meet on a street corner later on. 

"Mission accomplished,"  Oswald said.  "Where the fuck is Ruby?" 

"He said to meet us at the movie house if he wasn't here."  Tippit said.

"Ok let's go hook up with him."  Oswald said.  "Lets go, we're running out of time here."

"Can't, Lee."  Officer Tippit said nervously.  "I've got cold feet over this whole thing.  I'm gonna arrest you and be the hero of this whole mess.  Put your hands up!"

The two men struggle and the gun goes off.  Tippit is killed by the gun shot.

Oswald goes to the movie house to meet up with Jack Ruby.  Ruby stabs Oswald in the back by calling the cops and telling them that they can find the assassin hiding in the movie theater.  Ruby makes sure that Oswad won't spill the beans on things by paying a little visit to the police station while they are leading Oswald out of the building.  Case closed and now you know what I've been doing during this scatter brained show.  :)   

Hook me up with your dealer.

norland2424

i think everyone pretty much knows it was more then one shooter

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 21, 2015, 03:49:43 AM
Very interesting! They're right though. Quite a bit of rust on those transformers and throughout. It's the kind of thing you'd definitely want to hear before purchasing though.
It also helps to know some electronics too. I'm sure all the caps need to be replaced. That's original equipment. Transformers usually don't go bad unless they're completely shorted. New Mono-blocks will run you anywhere from $300.00 ea. for the ones w/ the cheap Chinese tubes, all the way up to $2,500.00 ea. for a boutique unit from someone that knows what they're doing on the build.

Quote from: norland2424 on November 21, 2015, 03:58:00 AM
i think everyone pretty much knows it was more then one shooter

It was one shooter. And on that note good night. Hunger Games tomorrow!

Zzzzillion

Quote from: Darth Sandra on November 21, 2015, 04:00:21 AM

Don't bother. I have an actor friend who gave me a copy. It sucks.

Have a good weekend Sister Princess. :)

norland2424

lol not using a bolt action to get three shots off that fast lol, goodnight 19.5

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on November 21, 2015, 03:58:59 AM
It also helps to know some electronics too. I'm sure all the caps need to be replaced. That's original equipment. Transformers usually don't go bad unless they're completely shorted. New Mono-blocks will run you anywhere from $300.00 ea. for the ones w/ the cheap Chinese tubes, all the way up to $2,500.00 ea. for a boutique unit from someone that knows what they're doing on the build.

Oh yeah, the caps are always the first check but the rust could be indication that there is some shorting or other weirdness going on. I bet it's probably alright though. I would at least want to talk to the seller in a little more detail before putting my money down. I wish I had the room for it.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 21, 2015, 04:05:07 AM
Oh yeah, the caps are always the first check but the rust could be indication that there is some shorting or other weirdness going on. I bet it's probably alright though. I would at least want to talk to the seller in a little more detail before putting my money down. I wish I had the room for it.
That's the thing about eBay, it's like a rummage sale. You can check the sellers ratings, but it's still always a Turkey shoot.

nika01

Quote from: Ciardelo on November 20, 2015, 08:49:00 PM
I don't think he realized when he made that commercial that calling Hoaxland a personal friend would not be a plus.

Exactly. Doesn't really know the lay of the land. Also thinks uri gellar is real, and likes Greer. Pretty much invalidates his ability to think clearly.

albrecht

Quote from: Northcoaster on November 21, 2015, 09:17:45 PM
That's passe. Now it's Rainier
It goes in phases. I like cheap beer sometimes and I'm in good company--though not when hipsters take up the brand! (Interestingly a lot of the regional, or traditional, cheap beers have been often bought up and produced under license by various entities; not at the local breweries. Oly, Rainer, Lonestar, PBR, Falstaff, Hamm's, Pearl, Old Bohemian, Stagg, Old Style, etc.)
Remember this bear? Rainer should've used in a marketing campaign but didn't, oddly?
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/5756809/ns/us_news-weird_news/t/bear-downs-beers-passes-out-campground/
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/offbeat/2004-08-18-beer-bear_x.htm
(One WOULDA thunk the bear would've gone for a Hamm's?  :o)

FLLFlash

Quote from: Binaryspellbook on November 18, 2015, 10:01:23 AM
How Hoagland's self-aggrandizing and use of tragedy to bring attention to himself makes me feel.
Like Alex, in A Clockwork Orange, eyes pinned open and forced to watch Miley Cyrus' repugnant chicken butt.

Miley's butt is not repugnant.

FLLFlash

Quote from: Darth Sandra on November 17, 2015, 08:07:59 PM
I'll just put them both in a jar and take them with me. I do own their souls after all!  ;)

But I am going to take a break from the show for a while. I may listen on friday, if I am home, for open lines but I need a break regardless.

Careful on that ledge. Please come back inside very carefully.

I don't even like beer but Rainier is special and will always hold a place in my heart as the beer I was smashed on continually through my childhood and my weapons of choice behind Mickey's Malt Liquor. You can always tell if someone truly grew up in the Northwest because they pronounce Rainier Beer the way god intended which sounds like "Ron-yea?"

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/5756809/ns/us_news-weird_news/t/bear-downs-beers-passes-out-campground/

That may be one of my favorite stories of all time. That bear would have been soooooo in at the high school and college parties I used to live at. 

K_Dubb

Quote from: VoteQuimby on November 22, 2015, 10:52:44 PM
You can always tell if someone truly grew up in the Northwest because they pronounce Rainier Beer the way god intended which sounds like "Ron-yea?"

Hahaha Ron-yea bay comes oot of hay?  I don't think so.

GravitySucks

Quote from: albrecht on November 21, 2015, 09:23:54 PM
It goes in phases. I like cheap beer sometimes and I'm in good company--though not when hipsters take up the brand! (Interestingly a lot of the regional, or traditional, cheap beers have been often bought up and produced under license by various entities; not at the local breweries. Oly, Rainer, Lonestar, PBR, Falstaff, Hamm's, Pearl, Old Bohemian, Stagg, Old Style, etc.)
Remember this bear? Rainer should've used in a marketing campaign but didn't, oddly?
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/offbeat/2004-08-18-beer-bear_x.htm
(One WOULDA thunk the bear would've gone for a Hamm's?  :o)
From the land of sky blue waters... Comes the taste that refreshes. Hell of a marketing campaign.

albrecht

Quote from: VoteQuimby on November 22, 2015, 10:52:44 PM
I don't even like beer but Rainier is special and will always hold a place in my heart as the beer I was smashed on continually through my childhood and my weapons of choice behind Mickey's Malt Liquor. You can always tell if someone truly grew up in the Northwest because they pronounce Rainier Beer the way god intended which sounds like "Ron-yea?"

That may be one of my favorite stories of all time. That bear would have been soooooo in at the high school and college parties I used to live at.
I love and posted that story because it was so DETAILED with the bear in question having such a taste for Rainer and ignoring the Busch, after trying, and going only after the other product. Why Rainer's owners didn't run with the story for commercials is beyond comprehension, to me.

GravitySucks

Quote from: albrecht on November 22, 2015, 11:25:25 PM
I love and posted that story because it was so DETAILED with the bear in question having such a taste for Rainer and ignoring the Busch, after trying, and going only after the other product. Why Rainer's owners didn't run with the story for commercials is beyond comprehension, to me.
Some lawyer probably told them that if a hiker was attacked after drinking a Ranier, then they would have extra liability for running a commercial proving Bears had a propensity for Ranier and there were no warnings on the cans.  I bet a dollar it was that simple, but your idea was brilliant.