• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

GravitySucks

I could probably listen to RCH if he started every sentence with one of these:

Wouldn’t it be cool...

If, only it was ...

Can you imagine if ...

I was daydreaming and then I thought of ...

Did you hear that crazy theory about :..

If he did that, it could be an enjoyable show.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: GravitySucks on February 04, 2018, 05:24:45 PM
I could probably listen to RCH if he started every sentence with one of these:

Wouldn’t it be cool...

If, only it was ...

Can you imagine if ...

I was daydreaming and then I thought of ...

Did you hear that crazy theory about :..

If he did that, it could be an enjoyable show.

My brain just adds that stuff in. That's why I don't get so upset about it. ;)

GravitySucks

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 04, 2018, 05:29:33 PM
My brain just adds that stuff in. That's why I don't get so upset about it. ;)

But having worked around that stuff for my whole career after 8 years in the USAF it is very insulting when he starts making claims about NASA or starts inflating his own activities.  That Ken Johnston is a douche as well.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: GravitySucks on February 04, 2018, 05:33:46 PM
But having worked around that stuff for my whole career after 8 years in the USAF it is very insulting when he starts making claims about NASA or starts inflating his own activities.  That Ken Johnston is a douche as well.

I have mixed feelings about NASA. Of course a lot of respect and awe but it's tempered with some serious concern and suspicion that they're not always being 100% transparent and honest with us. ;)

expat

Oh lovely, Richard. Brilliant example of scanner contamination. Looks like some kid has been pawing at the glass after eating a donut.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 04, 2018, 05:38:36 PM
I have mixed feelings about NASA. Of course a lot of respect and awe but it's tempered with some serious concern and suspicion that they're not always being 100% transparent and honest with us. ;)

Virtually noone has a security clearance at NASA. You couldn’t keep a secret there to save your life.

astroguy

Quote from: expat on February 04, 2018, 05:41:24 PM

Oh lovely, Richard. Brilliant example of scanner contamination. Looks like some kid has been pawing at the glass after eating a donut.
Yeah. I haven't heard that one discussed, oddly enough!

expat

Quote from: astroguy on February 04, 2018, 05:47:26 PM
Yeah. I haven't heard that one discussed, oddly enough!

About the two-hour mark. He seems quite unaware that the lines are parallel to the film frame rather than the lunar limb.

astroguy

Quote from: expat on February 04, 2018, 05:50:10 PM
About the two-hour mark. He seems quite unaware that the lines are parallel to the film frame rather than the lunar limb.
Must’ve missed it, I will go back and listen. In a meeting now, though.

GravitySucks

Quote from: expat on February 04, 2018, 06:11:45 PM
Here it is professionally scanned. airbrushed to hide archologies and technology artifacts.

FIFY

astroguy

Here it is professionally scanned.

Clearly fake. Where are the fingerprints to show the human touch?

So what is RCH's claim here?   

That the muck on the crappy photo of the Earth-rise photo is some sort of ginormous Crystal Cathedral on the moon?

Surely it's not that?

astroguy

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on February 04, 2018, 06:36:26 PM
So what is RCH's claim here?   

That the muck on the crappy photo of the Earth-rise photo is some sort of ginormous Crystal Cathedral on the moon?

Surely it's not that?
Yes, yes it is that.

GravitySucks

Quote from: astroguy on February 04, 2018, 06:43:47 PM
Yes, yes it is that.

But only remnants of the glass domes remain and the particles are suspended in the non-atmosphere of the moon in such a way as they can be seen in the scans, but spacecraft can still fly through them without impact damage. Or something.

Quote from: astroguy on February 04, 2018, 06:43:47 PM
Yes, yes it is that.

Sort of a  Little Prince kind of a deal then. 

Jeez Louise am I laughing.     I mean, I've got tears.............

Quote from: GravitySucks on February 04, 2018, 06:46:13 PM
But only remnants of the glass domes remain and the particles are suspended in the non-atmosphere of the moon in such a way as they can be seen in the scans, but spacecraft can still fly through them without impact damage. Or something.

Are there........ Rods?

crankshaft

As always, the question is, "will RCH manage to claw his way onto the air tonight?"

The long odds continue to be against him since he's managed to pull off an unprecedented number of shows in a row with very few braaps.

Maybe the chanting helps.

Nam myohogland renge kyo Nam myohogland renge kyo Nam myohogland renge kyo Nam myohogland renge kyo Nam myohogland renge kyo Nam myohogland renge kyo Nam myohogland renge kyo Nam myohogland renge kyo Nam myohogland renge kyo Nam myohogland renge kyo Nam myohogland renge kyo Nam myohogland renge kyo Nam myohogland renge kyo Nam myohogland renge kyo Nam myohogland renge kyo Nam myohogland renge kyo Nam myohogland renge kyo Nam myohogland renge kyo Nam myohogland renge kyo Nam myohogland renge kyo Nam myohogland renge kyo Nam myohogland renge kyo, etc.

astroguy

Here it is professionally scanned.

Okay, I just hadn't gotten there yet before I went to my meeting.  That is amazing that RCH thinks those are real structures of anything other than crappy scanning.  Just ... wow.

zeebo

Quote from: astroguy on February 04, 2018, 08:54:20 PM
Okay, I just hadn't gotten there yet before I went to my meeting.  That is amazing that RCH thinks those are real structures of anything other than crappy scanning.  Just ... wow.

If you just consider the scans alone, then yes, but combined with additional factor that their true meaning is being suppressed by, um somebody, somehow - well then, it's pretty much case closed.

Morgus

Uh-oh after 35min of audio streaming, Hoagie's blogtalk live stream tonight just went silent!

GravitySucks

Quote from: Morgus on February 04, 2018, 11:35:52 PM
Uh-oh after 35min of audio streaming, Hoagie's blogtalk live stream tonight just went silent!

That will teach that asswipe to try and claim to be an astronaut two nights in a row. 

Morgus

Is the new separate enhanced 19.5 club only audio stream still working?

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on February 04, 2018, 11:29:22 PM
Great radio having Hoagland describe a super bowl he didn’t watch.
He likely did a personal ban since so many former NFL n sports "domes" were demolished and Bulova not "official" time pieces.