• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

chefist

Can anyone answer my question? LOL Is the telethon line actually a caller? or a private line?

ShayP

Quote from: chefist on August 27, 2015, 10:58:30 PM
Can anyone answer my question? LOL Is the telethon line actually a caller? or a private line?

It's Hoagies private line and we call it.  I have.  ;)  Perhaps he should've had a separate line installed.  He may have since the shows inception, but that is the true line to his domicile.  :D

chefist

Quote from: ShayP on August 27, 2015, 11:14:05 PM
It's Hoagies private line and we call it.  I have.  ;)  Perhaps he should've had a separate line installed.  He may have since the shows inception, but that is the true line to his domicile.  :D

LOL Ah thanks! so it's not the phone number for the show? It's another number...

Kevin Sorbo

Quote from: ShayP on August 27, 2015, 11:14:05 PM

A little bird told me sometimes when you call that number it rings but isn't picked up on air  :-\

norland2424

Quote from: ShayP on August 27, 2015, 11:15:10 PM
Yes. Open Lines.  read the goddamn thread!  LOL!!!  ;D

Hahaha to much to read and so little braaps!!

Quote from: Kevin Sorbo on August 27, 2015, 11:26:00 PM
A little bird told me sometimes when you call that number it rings but isn't picked up on air  :-\
WOW People are Braaping early this morning or tonight, is Hoagie feeling better or is Rossy taking the calls??

Morgus

Quote from: chefist on August 27, 2015, 11:20:28 PM
LOL Ah thanks! so it's not the phone number for the show? It's another number...
One time when Hoagland answered the ringing phone on the air he said "This is Enterprise Mission"
So it must be his phone line for his Enterprise Mission website?

ShayP

Quote from: chefist on August 27, 2015, 11:20:28 PM

Oh no...it's the same number listed for the show.  Trey and I called it at the beginning. I'm assuming he got a new private line and just uses the one originally listed for the show.  I'm not certain but.....I think it was his private line.

ShayP

Regarding the phone...it rings because Hoagie doesn't always mute it.  ;D

Plus, I recall at the beginning he mentioned keeping the line open for emergencies. Clearly that has since changed.  i wish Trey was here to add his take on it.  Where the hell is he?  :(

ShayP

Quote from: Anthony Barnett on August 27, 2015, 11:29:37 PM

WOW People are Braaping early this morning or tonight, is Hoagie feeling better or is Rossy taking the calls??

Hoagie is feeling better.  Like I told norland...read the goddamn thread!  LOL!!!  ;D ;)

BellBoy

Quote from: SaucyRossy on August 27, 2015, 07:19:18 PM

BAHAHHAahahahahhahahahahaha

If listening to an audio book while editing videos, while responding to emails, while responding to texts, while responding to messages, while responding to tweets, while responding to skype messages = an abundance of time. THEN YES. I have loads.

Also, ever think I might be listening to it as part of my duties.....nah. I'm just kicking back lounging, relaxing. But you know what bellboy, let me tell you a story about my life. It goes a little something like this. In west Philadelphia born and raised. On the playground was where I spent most of my days. Chillin’ out maxin’ relaxin’ all cool. And all shootin some b-ball outside of the school. When a couple of guys, who were up to no good, started making trouble in my neighborhood. I got in one little fight and my mom got scared. She said ’You’re movin’ with your auntie and uncle in Bel Air’. I begged and pleaded with her day after day. But she packed my suite case and send me on my way. She gave me a kiss and then she gave me my ticket. I put my walkman on and said, ‘I might as well kick it’. First class, yo this is bad. Drinking orange juice out of a champagne glass. Is this what the people of Bel-Air living like? Hmmmmm this might be alright. But wait I hear they’re prissy, wine all that Is Bel-Air the type of place they send this cool cat? I don’t think so. I’ll see when I get there. I hope they’re prepared. Well, the plane landed and when I came out. There was a dude who looked like a cop standing there with my name out. I ain’t trying to get arrested. I just got here. I sprang with the quickness like lightning, disappeared. I whistled for a cab and when it came near. The license plate said ‘FRESH’ and it had dice in the mirror. If anything I can say this cab is rare. But I thought ‘Now forget it’ â€" ‘Yo homes to Bel Air’. I pulled up to the house about 7 or 8. And I yelled to the cabbie ‘Yo homes smell ya later’ I looked at my kingdom. I was finally there. To settle my throne as the Producer of Other Side of Midnight.

Well, that was a delightful rap to wake up to! Thank you!

norland2424

Quote from: ShayP on August 27, 2015, 11:33:20 PM

Plus, I recall at the beginning he mentioned keeping the line open for emergencies. Clearly that has since changed.  i wish Trey was here to add his take on it.  Where the hell is he?  :(

I heard royal got sucked into a 19.5 wormhole :P, jokes aside i hope hes alright

BellBoy

Quote from: ShayP on August 27, 2015, 11:33:20 PM

I prefer to believe that it rings every time another 19.5 children discover the wonder of torsion field physics...

zeebo

Quote from: norland2424 on August 27, 2015, 11:39:04 PM
I heard royal got sucked into a 19.5 wormhole :P, jokes aside i hope hes alright

Ah man, I got excited for a second, thinking tonite's show was about Farscape ... which somehow I missed in the 90's but have been binge-watching off netflix for the last few weeks.  All the crazy WTF moments on that show are definitely braap-worthy.  Maybe Saucy can line up a Farscape-related guest sometime. 

SciFiAuthor

Someone really needs to call in and ask Richard what he thinks about pot.

ShayP

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on August 27, 2015, 11:56:08 PM
Someone really needs to call in and ask Richard what he thinks about pot.

I bet he has a hydroponic setup in his basement.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: ShayP on August 28, 2015, 12:00:52 AM
I bet he has a hydroponic setup in his basement.

Totally, with an industrial sized vaporizer. Braaaps!

BellBoy

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on August 28, 2015, 12:07:15 AM
Totally, with an industrial sized vaporizer. Braaaps!

That would certainly explain some of the more obscure background noises.  ;)

zeebo

Hey it's only been like five weeks and we've already got 300 Hoagie pages.  Braap on folks.

norland2424

Quote from: zeebo on August 27, 2015, 11:48:07 PM
Ah man, I got excited for a second, thinking tonite's show was about Farscape ... which somehow I missed in the 90's but have been binge-watching off netflix for the last few weeks.  All the crazy WTF moments on that show are definitely braap-worthy.  Maybe Saucy can line up a Farscape-related guest sometime.

Lol wasn't sure if anyone would get where the pic was from, hopefully they can hell maybe even ben browder, since he ended up working on stargate sg1 after farscape.

SaucyRossy

There will be some guests on for a little bit of the show, Keith laney and bob Harrison.

chefist

Quote from: SaucyRossy on August 28, 2015, 12:40:23 AM
There will be some guests on for a little bit of the show, Keith laney and bob Harrison.

Walking back open lines... ;)

ShayP

Quote from: SaucyRossy on August 28, 2015, 12:40:23 AM

I have to hear Keith Laney's voice again?  Goddammit!!  >:(

norland2424

Quote from: ShayP on August 28, 2015, 12:42:22 AM
I have to hear Keith Laney's voice again?  Goddammit!!  >:(

Till the end of your days his voice will be in your head ;D.