• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

swordpoint9

Quote from: Darth Sandra on January 23, 2016, 03:00:49 AM
I was referencing the song Norland kindly posted for us. :)
I forgot much deference for that Mistake Darth LOL !

Quote from: TigerLily on January 23, 2016, 03:02:18 AM
TigerLily tired. Sword, watch my back. Doctor, check sick bay. Logan, feed the Grimoires.
And wait for the code word. Afghans ate the banana
Have a good weekend, braapsters

Night Sister Princess... wanna be traitor! :P

Barfly

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 23, 2016, 02:59:14 AM
I always wanted to get one of those pignose amps after seeing that movie. I never did though.
I had one years ago, it was cool cus it ran on batteries or AC, you also could use it for a pre amp overdrive into another amp.
Zappa used one to record a song, i forget the song though, he placed the amp in a long chamber or something like that, i cant recall all the details.

swordpoint9

TigerLily tired. Sword, watch my back. Doctor, check sick bay. Logan, feed the Grimoires.
Much Love and Respect stay away from rapefugees . I am too far to prevent !

JesusJuice

Why doesn't Hoagie play this anymore? He plays other songs from the same cd.

https://youtu.be/-PXngcbYIKo

Coffeeman

If this lady does as much as she says, she might the next Sean David Morton. 8)

You too Sister Tiger. Sleep well.

Hoaxie just needs to ask the question he wants to ask. Can you remote view the past on Mars?

comaphobe

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 23, 2016, 02:59:14 AM
I always wanted to get one of those pignose amps after seeing that movie. I never did though.
They quit making them sometime around the early or mid 90s. I am not sure but I think they were built by Fender. There are some other portable amps out there, and there is also The Smokey (lil cigarette box amp). Marshall also made a portable amp since then but I never see those either anymore.

For a while just this past decade Roland made a nice little portable amp that took batteries. It was a very small amp in their Cube series of amps. But for reasons unknown they quit making them recently. There was even an auxilary input for Ipods etc. I sometimes see people using them around town, sometimes they are strapped to the rack on somebody's bike. They only weigh a couple pounds if that. I've seen people on Kijiji and CL selling used ones for about $100 or slightly more. They retailed brand new for not much more than that.

norland2424

goodnight

Quote from: Showroom Dummy on January 23, 2016, 03:08:32 AM
yep just saw it on the news     Virginia  -dc  philly  ect

Serious post. I do hope Shay is okay

trostol

night night TL

trostol

comaphobe

Did this lady just say she loved Google? I bet she loves Facebook too. And Twitter. What a unique individual and freethinker.

norland2424

Quote from: Showroom Dummy on January 23, 2016, 03:08:32 AM
yep just saw it on the news     Virginia  -dc  philly  ect

did they mention Norfolk or Richmond ?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: comaphobe on January 23, 2016, 03:08:48 AM
They quit making them sometime around the early or mid 90s. I am not sure but I think they were built by Fender. There are some other portable amps out there, and there is also The Smokey (lil cigarette box amp). Marshall also made a portable amp since then but I never see those either anymore.

For a while just this past decade Roland made a nice little portable amp that took batteries. It was a very small amp in their Cube series of amps. But for reasons unknown they quit making them recently. There was even an auxilary input for Ipods etc. I sometimes see people using them around town, sometimes they are strapped to the rack on somebody's bike. They only weigh a couple pounds if that. I've seen people on Kijiji and CL selling used ones for about $100 or slightly more. They retailed brand new for not much more than that.

Yeah, I had a l'il smokey for awhile but wound up giving it to a friend I was trying to encourage to keep playing. It was pretty decent for what it was. I used to have a Roland Jazz Chorus years ago. Great clean sound but horrible overdriven or even with a distortion pedal. A couple years ago I bought my nephew a little micro amp by Orange that I though sounded very good and distorted pretty sweetly.

Quote from: comaphobe on January 23, 2016, 03:10:47 AM
Did this lady just say she loved Google? I bet she loves Facebook too. And Twitter. What a unique individual and freethinker.
LOL   +10

norland2424

Quote from: trostol on January 23, 2016, 03:13:34 AM
starting to look really nasty outside now

jokes aside hope you and your parents are alright dude

Hoagie is putting on bad guest after bad guest

I don't understand why he isn't doing sciencey space stuff anymore.

comaphobe

I dug this thing out of the closet. Hung on my bedroom wall all through highschool. I recently started selling a bunch of stuff, including a ton of paper from the 70s 80s and 90s which is why this picture exists. I don't even know if this was licensed but I still liked it.

JesusJuice

We haven't had a Pluto or Mars round table in a while. :(