• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

comaphobe

my weekend begins now... here... on this... strange planet. i see glass towers, the RGB gods are probably watching.

this all started when a coke bottle fell from the sky.

theONE

Quote from: comaphobe on November 18, 2016, 02:29:08 AM
my weekend begins now... here... on this... strange planet... i see glass towers... the RGB gods are close. this all started when a coke bottle fell from the sky.

"The Gods Must Be Crazy" Trailer 1980s Comedy Classic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1U3qEfGXMw

starrmtn001

my weekend begins now... here... on this... strange planet. i see glass towers, the RGB gods are probably watching.

Lol.  I saw that movie. ;)

zeebo

Hoagie for every day you're off-air you lose another half point from your 19.5 ... you're down to like 6.5 now, pal.

starrmtn001

Quote from: zeebo on November 18, 2016, 02:39:44 AM
Hoagie for every day you're off-air you lose another half point from your 19.5 ... you're down to like 6.5 now, pal.
Hey, Zeebo!  Good Braaapings, dude squirrel! ;D

zeebo

Quote from: StarrMountain on November 18, 2016, 02:41:09 AM
Hey, Zeebo!  Good Braaapings, dude squirrel! ;D

Hi starr appreciate the good wishes, but hard to keep the braappings spirit when hoagie keeps brupping us up with more replays.   :-\

starrmtn001

Quote from: zeebo on November 18, 2016, 02:44:49 AM
Hi starr appreciate the good wishes, but hard to keep the braappings spirit when hoagie keeps brupping us up with more replays.   :-\
Oh.

I'm sorry. :'(

zeebo

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on November 18, 2016, 02:44:37 AM
Hi CP and zeebo.   :)

Hey Logan and CP.  We're down to a 'skeleton crew' here these days lol.  Actually I'm gonna go read for awhile so nite all.

starrmtn001

Quote from: zeebo on November 18, 2016, 02:46:57 AM
Hey Logan and CP.  We're down to a 'skeleton crew' here these days lol.  Actually I'm gonna go read for awhile so nite all.
Goodnight, Zeebo.

starrmtn001

CP, and Logan.  Are you guyz going to hang out still?  If not, I'm going to bail too.

Yeah, I see that.  ::)    Thanks Richard.
No, I'm going to split too. Been pretty busy lately.

Take care everyone. :)

starrmtn001

Goodnight, Logan.  Goodnight CP.  Have a great tomorrow guys. ;)

comaphobe

Quote from: theONE on November 18, 2016, 02:31:13 AM
"The Gods Must Be Crazy" Trailer 1980s Comedy Classic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1U3qEfGXMw

i could hardly even sit through that 2 minute video let alone the whole movie. i saw it around 1986 but couldn't imagine actually watching it again. i do like the concept of the coke bottle falling out of the sky and then tearing a community apart. there are similar themes in heavy metal the movie. rather than ever watch the gods must be crazy again, i would rather watch 2001 a space odyssey 19.5 times in a row.

i watched top secret again recently for the first time in decades, it still holds up really well. the cast is also very awesome. it's truly funny. most comedies are not funny (i'm talking 99% or more, definitely unfunny). but top secret is certified funny. it has omar sharif, and val kilmer sung the whole soundtrack himself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=af9N7UhTMA8

pate

my weekend begins now... here... on this... strange planet. i see glass towers, the RGB godRCH gawds are probably watching.

non probemo(sp)

ediot: Auld sale ice-rime:; Mr. Hmmm

(mighty doggerl)

?

comaphobe

<--war correspondant will stand in front of a blue screen as though the action is taking place over yonder in the background. time delay effects to preserve the aesthetic of a satellite uplink may be used intermittently.-->

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on November 18, 2016, 02:44:37 AM
Hi CP and zeebo.   :)

aloha, just like old times huh?

all it took was a few rebels to blow up the deathstar, twice!

Quote from: StarrMountain on November 18, 2016, 02:50:14 AM
CP, and Logan.  Are you guyz going to hang out still?  If not, I'm going to bail too.

i got in the door late, and was preparing the beverage situation. by the time i got back everybody was already in their escape pods. i was the last one still on the ship and the self destruct timer was still counting down.

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on November 18, 2016, 02:52:22 AM
No, I'm going to split too. Been pretty busy lately.

Take care everyone. :)

me too, i've been working crazy lately.

Quote from: StarrMountain on November 18, 2016, 02:54:03 AM
Goodnight, Logan.  Goodnight CP.  Have a great tomorrow guys. ;)

maybe we can all meet up tomorrow (friday) and pate will also be here and he might bring a weegie boredd and we acn omcunticate wiht da satan (st. nick aka: the christmas fella that coca-cola invented) or something else random lkie orbs of dogtown or shell halflife of analog components.

the possibilities are endless.

see you tomorrow

(maybe)

TBC...

: |

comaphobe

Quote from: pate on November 18, 2016, 03:21:28 AM
non probemo(sp)

ediot: Auld sale ice-rime:; Mr. Hmmm

(mighty doggerl)

?

0 ----- sounds like factory made pasta sauce

1 ----- i read to the tune of the first line of the mr grinch song

2 ----- i quit hotdogs many years ago (raccoons were right)

C ----- super mario bros II hates those.

Holy fuck how dysfunctional and clueless can he be that he can't figure out how to get an Internet radio show working? There are thousands of everyday people including kids and teenagers producing their own radio and tv programs, many making big money but this self proclaimed guru of torsion field physics is curled up in the fetal position sobbing somewhere in a teepee in the land of enchantment!!!

Sad!

I miss the guy, I miss him scolding guests to stop making noise, I miss him blaming the PTB for sabotaging his broadcasts, I miss him demanding his guests produce real data for their batshit crazy theories while he has none for his own crackpot theories, I miss him presenting ideas in Twilight Zone and Star Trek episodes as science fact.  Come on Dick, get your shit together!

zeebo

Quote from: comaphobe on November 18, 2016, 02:58:16 AM
...i watched top secret again recently for the first time in decades, it still holds up really well. the cast is also very awesome. it's truly funny. most comedies are not funny (i'm talking 99% or more, definitely unfunny). but top secret is certified funny. it has omar sharif, and val kilmer sung the whole soundtrack himself.

definitely a funny one ... I still love that one exchange:

"Is this the corn farm?"
"Yes, I'm Mr. Corn."

what can I say, my kind of humor  ::)

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on November 18, 2016, 04:12:51 AM
Holy fuck how dysfunctional and clueless can he be that he can't figure out how to get an Internet radio show working? There are thousands of everyday people including kids and teenagers producing their own radio and tv programs, many making big money but this self proclaimed guru of torsion field physics is curled up in the fetal position sobbing somewhere in a teepee in the land of enchantment!!!

Sad!

I miss the guy, I miss him scolding guests to stop making noise, I miss him blaming the PTB for sabotaging his broadcasts, I miss him demanding his guests produce real data for their batshit crazy theories while he has none for his own crackpot theories, I miss him presenting ideas in Twilight Zone and Star Trek episodes as science fact.  Come on Dick, get your shit together!
Agreed CG.

Hey for nostalgia's sake, check out this file: 

starrmtn001

I cannot find the New World Order thread, so I guess I'll drop this here.

Mr. Smithers' secret identity. ;) ;D

Morgus

Fri/Sat 11/19/16 â€" Replay from Fri/Sat 6/4/16 â€" Uri Geller

Uri Geller was born in Israel on December 20, 1946. His parents were of Hungarian and Austrian descent, and he is distantly related on his mother’s side to Sigmund Freud. At the age of four he had a mysterious encounter with a sphere of light while in a garden near his house. A retired Israeli air force officer, who was an eyewitness to this encounter, validated this mystifying event decades later. In 1969 he began to demonstrate his powers of telepathy and psychokinesis to small audiences. By the end of 1971, he was a household name throughout Israel, thanks to his numerous stage appearances. He was given a huge boost by the then Prime Minister, Golda Meir when asked on a national radio programme what she predicted for the future of Israel, she replied, “Don’t ask me â€" ask Uri Geller!” Uri Geller is one of the world’s most investigated and celebrated mystifiers and has been studied by the world’s leading scientists, including a few who worked with Albert Einstein. Famous around the globe for his mind-bending abilities, he has led a unique life shrouded in debate, controversy and mystery.

starrmtn001

OMG.  I thought I was having a Mandela Effect moment when Hoagy mentioned Ali's death.  Then I saw the show date.  Whew.

Who brought the squeegee ?          I'm bored. :)

What's that ?

OH...   Ouija board ? 

starrmtn001

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on November 19, 2016, 02:18:36 AM
Who brought the squeegee ?          I'm bored. :)

What's that ?

OH...   Ouija board ?
Hey, Logan!  I almost left, lol.