• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Are you a Time Traveler?

Started by jazmunda, June 20, 2015, 02:58:14 AM

popple

Dr Who

Northern Ireland is in and proud to be a Time traveler.
Let there be light

CornyCrow

Je suis un voyageur du temps.

sam

Just dropped my 5 bucks to take that ride.

Cochese

Signed up a week or so ago.  I also got two of my old college buddies to sign up. 

This is just like a group of old friends getting back together! I signed up a few days ago and I have my ticket to Time Travel! Lets do this people!

BC4Jesus

I'm a time traveler.  How can I travel to July 20th today?  I'm so excited about Art's return!

Celestial

No question. Of course I'm a Time Traveler. I can't wait to take a ride again!

;D ;D ;D

Normal-Foot

Hello!  I'm new around-these here parts, and I had a question about the downloads for Midnight in the Dessert. Sorry .... desert ... Freudian cookie there.
Anyway, Zeebo said I should try here!

I signed up for the Time Traveler service because I'm really interested in getting the new show to keep. But I can't find anything in the FAQ's that explain how this will work exactly.

The Time Traveler page says:  "You can join the Time Travelers and travel back to listen to Art’s archived shows the next morning or on the weekend. You can stream them right from the membership area, or download them into your podcast player."

Which is great!!!  But does anyone know the downloading procedure for this that (I assume) Keith Rowland has in mind?

What I'm wondering is, will this be something we manually have to do, or will this at all be automated --- or even be available through the iTunes store?  Back years ago I was a Coast to Coast AM subscriber, and iTunes would automatically download the latest show every morning and sync it with my iPod. It just saved me so much time and effort while trying to run out the door for the day.

Today, some shows I listen to here and there are not on the iTunes store. So I have to seek them out and download from places like Soundcloud, then I have to load them into iTunes and manually type in the date and name and any other metadata I want. Admittedly It's not THAT much of a chore -- totally a first world problem! But I'd have to do that every morning while simultaneously trying to feed my baby and get ready for work!

Then there's the cat ... and washing up and the checking under my bed for terrorists ... you know, the usual busy stuff.

So if anyone knows anything about this, or can point me somewhere that explains, I'd love to know about it!  I was halfway tempted to try and email Keith directly, but I figure with the 20th fast approaching he has enough plates in the air.

thank you guys!

zeebo

Quote from: Normal-Foot on July 15, 2015, 11:37:37 AM
Anyway, Zeebo said I should try here!

I neither confirm nor deny this.

What I'm wondering is, will this be something we manually have to do, or will this at all be automated --- or even be available through the iTunes store? 

Actually I'd like to know the answer too.  Something tells me at least to start it will just be a manual download accessed from within your TT account.  Anyone know for sure how this is gonna work or do we just have to wait till Jul 20th to find out?

Normal-Foot

Quote from: zeebo on July 16, 2015, 01:11:28 AM
I neither confirm nor deny this.

I would like to confirm Zeebo's non-denial + non-confirmation.

Also, I wish you success in your quest to find Force nuts.
You fuzzy widdle thang....

zeebo

Quote from: Normal-Foot on July 16, 2015, 02:45:53 PM
I would like to confirm Zeebo's non-denial + non-confirmation.

NF looks like the advice I either did or did not give you is not paying off as you're not getting your answer.  If one doesn't pop up soon, you may just want to start a new thread in the Art Bell section to give it more attention.  Or not.

Normal-Foot

Quote from: zeebo on July 17, 2015, 03:54:36 PM
NF looks like the advice I either did or did not give you is not paying off as you're not getting your answer.  If one doesn't pop up soon, you may just want to start a new thread in the Art Bell section to give it more attention.  Or not.

I was thinking about doing that too. I was just waiting or not waiting for conformation or retraction of whatever it is I was or wasn't going to do. I think.

trostol

i will as soon as i slide from the unemployed ranks to the employed ranks

phku

Yep, signed up a few weeks ago.  Can't wait for Art's return!

Salvatore

I am a time traveler!!!!!! I can't wait!

Cydonia195

I signed up almost immediately once I was able to do so

weeberwubber

I gotta remember to add RCH tonight. I can only catch the first hour or so or Art live if I don't want to grim my workday the next day, no way I can stay up for Hoagie. I think I'll get a hoagie for lunch and eat it while listening to the podcast of his first show on Tuesday.

Kolchak

Is the RSS feed listed on the DMDN site anywhere? I'm trying to get subscribed on my podcast apps, but can't seem to find the link after logging in, at least not on mobile.

slippingaway

Today, some shows I listen to here and there are not on the iTunes store. So I have to seek them out and download from places like Soundcloud, then I have to load them into iTunes and manually type in the date and name and any other metadata I want. Admittedly It's not THAT much of a chore -- totally a first world problem! But I'd have to do that every morning while simultaneously trying to feed my baby and get ready for work!

This is the SAME problem I have with all the podcasts I subscribe to.  FILL OUT THE DAMN ID3 TAGS!  I put the cast onto my Android and head out the door, and then can't find the damn file unless I start browsing through folder structure.  I should be able to click Winamp -> Artist -> Art Bell -> MITD -> and then see a chronological list of my files
Or even "Genre" -> Talk -> and then have a full list there.

Or be able to search for a guest like Richard C. Hoagland.

We'll see if Rowland gets the tagging right. I have high hopes for Kieth.  Never had a guy named Kieth let me down yet.

aldousburbank

I wish to report that Eyenoeyeno heard Art Bell for the first time as interviewed by (Redacted) and then she signed up as a time traveler. Winning!

henge0stone

I wasn't going to but what the heck, I'll support Art. By happenstance I have that night off so I'll get to hear his first show live!!! For the other shows I'm going to use the archives for. Is it going to be a five day a week show?

juliet

I'm a time traveler now.   It's Christmas in July !!!   Can't wait to listen to Art Bell  ;D

ZomZom

I was a Streamlink subscriber back when Art was on Coast, signed up for SiriusXM when Art was on Dark Matter and now I'm a Time Traveler for Midnight in the Desert.

I'm Time Traveler'ed up now! amped for Mondee night!

Pam J

Hell yeah!  Counting the hours till liftoff!

dan7800

For Art's 1st show, I see that you can download separate mp3 files for each day. Is there a way to have your phone automatically download last night's episodes, like you can do with most podcasts?

Mystery43

Became a Time Traveler when it was first announced! no way this tired mama can stay up until midnight! Listening to the rest of the show now.. it's breaking up a bit and will stop for no reason. not sure if it's just my end. anyone experiencing this?  either way, beyond excited to hear Art again!