• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Podcasts and Internet Radio

Started by Hank, June 01, 2015, 02:49:50 PM

Hank

If I'm out of my league here, I apologize!

I have a great time listening to talk radio and podcasts, and have been a ham operator for 20 years. Radio, tech, and music have been my main interests for that frame of time.

There are awesome shows on Dark Matter, and other networks, and the web is an awesome source for the music and programming that many local AM/FM stations have abandoned, but folks are still interest in. For a couple of years, I've had my site, DarkeClassics.Com playing classic country, traditional stuff, and a few local artists from here in western Ohio.

I'd like to send out an invitation to anyone who'd like an avenue other than Youtube and the such to air their material. On demand has many advantages, but there's also advantages to a more broadcast type of arrangement. Many prefer its feel being similar to tuning in and enjoying the show. I know I'm not the only one who's smartphone has replaced a walkman or transistor radio.

Many may wonder where the site and station name has originated, and that's because of my hometown pride, I suppose. I'm a lifelong resident of Darke County, Ohio, and enjoy the classic music. If anyone else out there would like an outlet for a music show (country or otherwise, but primarily classic), or a podcast type of show, look me up and drop me a line!

I'm doing a lot of things out of pocket, and can handle a decent amount of listeners for someone starting. Overall, I'm just looking for my projects to prosper, not necessarily for financial gain, but I'm human and open to that chance! Ha! I'm sure there are a lot of us in the wings that are looking for an outlet, and not sure where to go. I'm glad to learn along with you!

pate

Quote from: Hank on June 01, 2015, 02:49:50 PM
If I'm out of my league here, I apologize!

I have a great time listening to talk radio and podcasts, and have been a ham operator for 20 years. Radio, tech, and music have been my main interests for that frame of time.

There are awesome shows on Dark Matter, and other networks, and the web is an awesome source for the music and programming that many local AM/FM stations have abandoned, but folks are still interest in. For a couple of years, I've had my site, DarkeClassics.Com playing classic country, traditional stuff, and a few local artists from here in western Ohio.

I'd like to send out an invitation to anyone who'd like an avenue other than Youtube and the such to air their material. On demand has many advantages, but there's also advantages to a more broadcast type of arrangement. Many prefer its feel being similar to tuning in and enjoying the show. I know I'm not the only one who's smartphone has replaced a walkman or transistor radio.

Many may wonder where the site and station name has originated, and that's because of my hometown pride, I suppose. I'm a lifelong resident of Darke County, Ohio, and enjoy the classic music. If anyone else out there would like an outlet for a music show (country or otherwise, but primarily classic), or a podcast type of show, look me up and drop me a line!

I'm doing a lot of things out of pocket, and can handle a decent amount of listeners for someone starting. Overall, I'm just looking for my projects to prosper, not necessarily for financial gain, but I'm human and open to that chance! Ha! I'm sure there are a lot of us in the wings that are looking for an outlet, and not sure where to go. I'm glad to learn along with you!

I encourage you to post in the following topic:

Quote from: GodsEqual on September 24, 2008, 02:13:23 AM
whatup... the end.

TechGuru wont tawk too yew!