• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Top Right Quotes

Started by Roswells, Art, May 23, 2015, 11:52:33 AM

pate

I stopped counting after I forgot how due to my Frumus Umphen Wine, that was po'erful stuff!

Congrats, mang!

-p

Hog

Maybe someday I'll get an upper right hand corner. It's been a goal of mine for many years now.

I think there is some reaction within the chooser of the "upper right hand corner" when they see Maple Leaves.  A few other Canadian Bellgabbers have been honoured with a URHC quote, but non have had an image of Canadian Army flag as their avatar.

Someday, maybe someday.

peace
Hog

pate

Quote from: Hog on February 05, 2020, 12:56:54 PM
Maybe someday I'll get an upper right hand corner. It's been a goal of mine for many years now.

I think there is some reaction within the chooser of the "upper right hand corner" when they see Maple Leaves.  A few other Canadian Bellgabbers have been honoured with a URHC quote, but non have had an image of Canadian Army flag as their avatar.

Someday, maybe someday.

peace
Hog

I don't think there is any anti-Canadian sentiment at work.  Perhaps it is the polite Canadian thing though:  frequently it is a "burn" of some sort directed at someone else that is perpetuated in a humorous and Artful manner.  Your common "shut up, faggot" slur won't do, it has to have some "he ne sais quoi" factor.  Maybe devil's lettuce or demon drink factors into it with certain posters?  Nautical Shore.

I guess my advice to you is to grab a couple of Molsons and maybe a glass or two of a good Canadian whiskey, don't worry about it and attempt to make a bunch of funny shit-posts.

Would probably be entertaining at minimum, and might work.

-p

Hog

Quote from: pate on February 05, 2020, 02:57:03 PM
I don't think there is any anti-Canadian sentiment at work.  Perhaps it is the polite Canadian thing though:  frequently it is a "burn" of some sort directed at someone else that is perpetuated in a humorous and Artful manner.  Your common "shut up, faggot" slur won't do, it has to have some "he ne sais quoi" factor.  Maybe devil's lettuce or demon drink factors into it with certain posters?  Nautical Shore.

I guess my advice to you is to grab a couple of Molsons and maybe a glass or two of a good Canadian whiskey, don't worry about it and attempt to make a bunch of funny shit-posts.

-p
Thanks Pate.  It's tough to elevate my game above "shut up, faggot", but if Bellgab demands it, it shall be done.

peace
Hog

Dr. MD MD

-p

Shut yer pie hole, faggot! >:(

Hog

-p
let's see here
(bold emphasis mine)

I believe you were looking for "je ne sais quoi".  I realize it's just a typo, but we can't have you butchering 2 languages. 

peace
Hog

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Hog on February 05, 2020, 12:56:54 PM

Someday, maybe someday.

peace
Hog

Congrats!

Hog

Oh gosh, well I just never..I'm just tickled.. well PINK.

There's so many people I'd like to thank. First of all the Executive Board over at Bellgab.com for their many years of dedication, without which non of this would be possible.

Thanks everyone, I can now live life fulfilled.  A final THANK-YEEEEEEWWWWWWW.

peace
Hog

pate

Congrats Roz!

If the virus kills you I hope another TRQ will ease your passing...

-p

Innerreach

Quote from: Autistic Star Children on July 11, 2016, 09:07:17 PM
it's very strange not having something in the upper right hand corner

it feels symbolic. Just wish I was smart enough to figure it out

The Never Ending Story is one of my favorite childhood movies. Have you seen, the behind the scenes footage? They had to train an "Artax double" to resist leading, in order to accomplish the scene depicted in your avatar. The special effects were a truly impressive accomplishment for that time. They scoured the world to find the perfect children for those roles and find them, they did indeed. (Star Child)

https://youtu.be/wUttwzazq30

https://youtu.be/vE8mFDabqD0

pate

Quote from: Innerreach on September 16, 2020, 04:46:23 PM
The Never Ending Story is one of my favorite childhood movies...

The book was better, I have no idea how many times I read it.  The movie I think I only saw once, and was slightly disappointed.  I do not recall if I saw the "sequel" which I believe was actually purported to be the second half of the book.

Didn't the first Movie end somewhere in what would have been the middle of the book?

Innerreach

Quote from: pate on September 17, 2020, 11:41:13 AMDidn't the first Movie end somewhere in what would have been the middle of the book?

Not sure Pate, I never read the book but I'm not surprised it was better. Terry Brooks Shannara Trilogy hit Netflix and they did an excellent job at butchering it.