• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

AMTRAK wreck and airline prices...God bless deregulation

Started by VtaGeezer, May 15, 2015, 11:20:55 AM

VtaGeezer

With the DC-NYC trains down due to the wreck in Phillie, an American or Delta DC-NYC air shuttle ticket that was $300 Tuesday is now $1200.  I wonder what Uber's doing?

Quote from: VtaGeezer on May 15, 2015, 11:20:55 AM
With the DC-NYC trains down due to the wreck in Phillie, an American or Delta DC-NYC air shuttle ticket that was $300 Tuesday is now $1200.  I wonder what Uber's doing?

Delta for $336 on Orbitz. So much for that theory.

VtaGeezer

I'm repeating a CNN report.  They said cheap tickets are still listed on line but you can't really buy one.  Here's another story:

http://nypost.com/2015/05/15/airlines-jack-up-fares-along-closed-amtrak-corridor/

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: VtaGeezer on May 15, 2015, 12:52:40 PM
I'm repeating a CNN report.  They said cheap tickets are still listed on line but you can't really buy one.  Here's another story:

http://nypost.com/2015/05/15/airlines-jack-up-fares-along-closed-amtrak-corridor/

Hmmmm, if it's anything like over here they advertise 'cheap' tickets...and when they've all gone (Say 50% of the total cabin) the rest are no longer cheap. They play to the market and it's how they keep the tubes of aluminium in the air. The press will latch onto the story and cite 'expensive' tickets, but the likely more truthful story is that the 'expensive' tickets were there all the time, they simply hadn't sold the 'cheap' ones yet.

It might be worthwhile finding out how Delta (and other airlines) allocate the distribution by cost, their tickets. The press love a 'fuck em' story, when in fact, last week it was exactly the same policy; but no train crash to carry the angle.

albrecht

Amazing supply and demand actually work  :o Having said that it is no surprise that people would try to exploit the tragety. Since the airlines and airports get so much government help they should be prevented from profitting excessively due to the crash. AMTRAK funding should be cut off and allow a business to run the lines more efficiently and safely and with more automation. The homosexual activist engineer should've been over-ridden by software or at least an alert system considering the high speed and track. Luckily, for him, he will likely skate as the homosexual angle and "bump on the head" causes him not to remember anything (he clearly has read a Clinton handbook.)

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 15, 2015, 01:08:48 PM

Hmmmm, if it's anything like over here they advertise 'cheap' tickets...and when they've all gone (Say 50% of the total cabin) the rest are no longer cheap. They play to the market and it's how they keep the tubes of aluminium in the air. The press will latch onto the story and cite 'expensive' tickets, but the likely more truthful story is that the 'expensive' tickets were there all the time, they simply hadn't sold the 'cheap' ones yet.

It might be worthwhile finding out how Delta (and other airlines) allocate the distribution by cost, their tickets. The press love a 'fuck em' story, when in fact, last week it was exactly the same policy; but no train crash to carry the angle.
I used to fly on the DC-NYC shuttles regularly and they were one class/fare...like an airborne bus. IIRC, one could pay onboard. But that was before 9/11/01.  I don't recall if they even sold tickets in advance.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on May 15, 2015, 01:09:58 PM
Amazing supply and demand actually work  :o Having said that it is no surprise that people would try to exploit the tragety. Since the airlines and airports get so much government help they should be prevented from profitting excessively due to the crash. AMTRAK funding should be cut off and allow a business to run the lines more efficiently and safely and with more automation.
No you don't....WE had our nationalised railway privatised and now it's almost exclusively foreign owned by Germany and France who ironically have state owned railways. Essentially, UK rail passengers are paying into the coffers of German and French railways. The other crappy thing? Our new thrusting 'private' railways have a far higher government subsidy (because the franchises wouldn't have been drawn up by the 'private' companies without one) than nationalised railways ever did. It's so bad that there is a growing movement to re-nationalise them.

The homosexual activist engineer should've been over-ridden by software or at least an alert system considering the high speed and track. Luckily, for him, he will likely skate as the homosexual angle and "bump on the head" causes him not to remember anything (he clearly has read a Clinton handbook.)

Utter crap. totally irrelevant bigoted crap.

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 15, 2015, 02:00:23 PM
No you don't....WE had our nationalised railway privatised and now it's almost exclusively foreign owned by Germany and France who ironically have state owned railways. Essentially, UK rail passengers are paying into the coffers of German and French railways. The other crappy thing? Our new thrusting 'private' railways have a far higher government subsidy (because the franchises wouldn't have been drawn up by the 'private' companies without one) than nationalised railways ever did. It's so bad that there is a growing movement to re-nationalise them.

Utter crap. totally irrelevant bigoted crap.
I tend to agree with you with regard to PPPs and privatization of public assets (especially roads and bridges.) The mix of government and private sector is the worst of both worlds. It socializes the costs and privatizes the profits. And usually costs the normal guy more. In this case however let the people who use the system pay for it. Why should my tax money go to pay for people in other states travel? Let a private company operated it, or, the states/region that use it pay for it. I don't ask them to fill up my car and truck when I travel or buy my airline ticket. (Though admittedly oil companies and airlines also get tax-breaks and in some cases subsities, which isn't good either.) I certainly wouldn't want the French to run the system though my experience with German rail is very, very good. Each time I unwisely decided not to drive and use the French rail system I was delayed. Even on the "eurostar" which supposedly is the fast train. 2 1/2 wait due to some misscheduling on the tracks. Then on return the a/c broke down and it was that really hot summer. Awful at least when you drive yourself you can stop off and get out. The stereotypes of the Germans in case this is true. They run on time and easy to understand schedules etc.
ps: the engineer that killed all those people has made public pronouncements about his homosexual activism in the past (and internet pages) and, via his attorney, has said he doesn't remember. What is bigoted about stating the facts?

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 15, 2015, 02:00:23 PM
No you don't....WE had our nationalised railway privatised and now it's almost exclusively foreign owned by Germany and France who ironically have state owned railways.
That wouldn't really be so bad; Germans or French would provide better management for US RRs than they have now from the blood-from-turnip US private sector or the dullard bureaucrats who run the govt side (AMTRAK). 

albrecht

Quote from: VtaGeezer on May 15, 2015, 03:04:44 PM
That wouldn't really be so bad; Germans or French would provide better management for US RRs than they have now from the blood-from-turnip US private sector or the dullard bureaucrats who run the govt side (AMTRAK).
[/quote
There will always be accidents (and sabotage/terrorism) unfortunately like any human endeavor but they could be minimized more with either all government-based or all private (except for laws and oversight.) The "between" position of the Post Office, AMTRAK, etc is the worst of both worlds because the motivation and incentives are mixed up (trying to make profit or make jobs, not wanting to innovate with technology to save jobs, raising fares based on lower demand,  budget issues for bad funding, political fights, etc.)

Juan

We tried to tell you eUKs that the EU was Germany's latest plot to take over all of Europe. 

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Juan on May 15, 2015, 06:47:23 PM
We tried to tell you eUKs that the EU was Germany's latest plot to take over all of Europe.

Latest? This bag of fun was divised by France and Gemany to benefit them and them alone. Cameron has apparently 'promised' we'll get a referendum on it in 2017.

CornyCrow

My husband was watching a news conference in which employees on the train were interviewed.  Just moments before the accident an employee of the crashed train was speaking to an employee of another train.  The other train employee said they were stopping because a bullet came through a window.  Just a moment afterwards the employee of the crashed train said their window just shattered. 

Although the engineer cannot remember, it would seem logical that he might speed up to get out of the area, just as a reflex reaction.  There were also tankers in the area that were not crashed into, but could have been.  There is a question regarding what was in those tankers.  There are so many negative reports of highly volatile fuel being shipped on tankers from Canada through towns in the US. 

I have not heard this repeated, though. 

albrecht

Quote from: CornyCrow on May 16, 2015, 08:27:52 AM
My husband was watching a news conference in which employees on the train were interviewed.  Just moments before the accident an employee of the crashed train was speaking to an employee of another train.  The other train employee said they were stopping because a bullet came through a window.  Just a moment afterwards the employee of the crashed train said their window just shattered. 

Although the engineer cannot remember, it would seem logical that he might speed up to get out of the area, just as a reflex reaction.  There were also tankers in the area that were not crashed into, but could have been.  There is a question regarding what was in those tankers.  There are so many negative reports of highly volatile fuel being shipped on tankers from Canada through towns in the US. 

I have not heard this repeated, though.
Lots of "chatter" on the interwebs, and now even mainstream papers, about some "object," details vary, hitting the window. Apparently that happens semi-frequently as "youths" and "gentle-giants" play around there throwing etc at trains. Even so it raises a question as the ability, even if the homosexual activist engineer was hit or in panic, to increase and maintain such a high speed? Even go-carts (at recreational facilities) have governors on them and one would think that a train would have fail-safe system or, these days, even a higher-tech override by the computer or management. Bizarre.

WOTR

Personally, I think it is a NWO conspiracy.  Between the homosexual, activist engineer on board, and the straight, activist redneck as his brakeman it is the only conclusion.  Fucking queer, redneck activists crashing trains!

Gd5150

It was clearly a hate crime. A disgruntled gay activist lashing out at the straigh people aboard the train. If we only had more bigger government and more infrastructure spending accidents would never happen and we'd all live forever.

Quick Karl

America needs a Cultural Revolution, just like China had, to purge the country of the progressive-communist-Mafioso and their cadre, that is turning a once great country into a cesspool of festering shit.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Quick Karl on May 16, 2015, 06:08:26 PM
America needs a Cultural Revolution, just like China had, to purge the country of the progressive-communist-Mafioso and their cadre, that is turning a once great country into a cesspool of festering shit.

You need an American Spring revolution eh?

Tell us again how the last one worked out.... ;D

Yorkshire pud

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-32771048

Although it doesn't say so in the report, both drivers were almost certainly homosexuals. Obvious really. Georgia is a haven and 'go to' refuge for those liberal commie homosexual bastards with demonic and psychotic intent, who drive god fearin righteous patriots around.

Goddamit.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: wotr1 on May 16, 2015, 01:48:05 PM
Personally, I think it is a NWO conspiracy.  Between the homosexual, activist engineer on board, and the straight, activist redneck as his brakeman it is the only conclusion.  Fucking queer, redneck activists crashing trains!

Thankfully in the UK train crashes are few and far between and casualties far fewer. Track maintenance, (or lack of) has been found to be one of the main culprits. Never has the sexual orientation or political persuasion of the train crew been cited or found to be the cause...Only in America where social/political paranioa rules would it get a mention. If it's later proven rounds were coming through the cab window will guns be the new focus of ire? Somehow I doubt it; unless of course the criminal voted Democrat, is homosexual, eats Indian food or for bonus redneck appoplexy, all three.

pate

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 17, 2015, 05:38:26 AM
Thankfully in the UK train crashes are few and far between and casualties far fewer. Track maintenance, (or lack of) has been found to be one of the main culprits. Never has the sexual orientation or political persuasion of the train crew been cited or found to be the cause...Only in America where social/political paranioa rules would it get a mention. If it's later proven rounds were coming through the cab window will guns be the new focus of ire? Somehow I doubt it; unless of course the criminal voted Democrat, is homosexual, eats Indian food or for bonus redneck appoplexy, all three.

I thought y'all had Labour Party and Asian food?

What, what?

Heh,

Cheers, bro!

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: pate on May 17, 2015, 05:45:59 AM
I thought y'all had Labour Party and Asian food?

What, what?

Heh,

Cheers, bro!

Labour came second in last week's General election. And Indian food is eaten by most; I like some. But not hot for hots sake..

albrecht

Congratulations, sir, you are now officially on the red list. The good news? At least you won't be dealing with the conditions inside the FEMA camp.

Who

We need to return George W. Bush to the White House.  There was a leader the world looked up to - two wars and an economy on the verge of collapse.  If the GOP captures the White House and retains control of the House and Senate, there will be no more Amtrak accidents because there will be no Amtrak.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIz4KrZottM

Yorkshire pud

http://youtu.be/yOkT0_-BG_Y

Quote from: Quick Karl on January 01, 2014, 10:00:10 AM
http://thelastgreatstand.com/lgs/2013/12/31/this-must-go-viral-%E2%80%9Coperation-american-spring-beginning-of-tyranny-housecleaning/?utm_content=buffer86329&utm_source=buffer&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Buffer

"OPERATION AMERICAN SPRING will be a gigantic step in removing the flea infestation that is sucking the blood out of America."

I pray to the Creator of all life that this comes true.

But when it didn't happen.... ::)

Quote from: Quick Karl on May 18, 2014, 09:29:06 PM
It was a phony op from the get go - planned by liberal operatives and engineered to be a failure from its inception, for propaganda purposes, so that cunts on discussion forums could act victorious...

Do you really believe that any Genuine American Citizen that wants a better America, would coin the phrase "American Spring"?

You cannot possibly be that stupid, can you?

WOTR

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 17, 2015, 05:38:26 AM
Never has the sexual orientation or political persuasion of the train crew been cited or found to be the cause...Only in America where social/political paranioa rules would it get a mention.
All that this proves is that like Canada, the UK refuses to to do a thorough investigation.  You would be surprised how difficult it has been for me to get the NTSB to look at the sexual orientation of the engineer in the Lac Megantic crash that blew up 30 buildings and killed 47 people...  Everybody in Canada knows that it was all part of the homosexual agenda- but the government refuses to entertain the idea to this day, blaming instead a fire on the engine, air brakes releasing and not having enough hand brakes set...

On a more serious note, it is interesting some of what came out of the report... Here is a hauntingly beautiful picture considering the damage it caused and the lives it changed...

albrecht

Quote from: wotr1 on May 17, 2015, 01:13:03 PM
All that this proves is that like Canada, the UK refuses to to do a thorough investigation.  You would be surprised how difficult it has been for me to get the NTSB to look at the sexual orientation of the engineer in the Lac Megantic crash that blew up 30 buildings and killed 47 people...  Everybody in Canada knows that it was all part of the homosexual agenda- but the government refuses to entertain the idea to this day, blaming instead a fire on the engine, air brakes releasing and not having enough hand brakes set...

On a more serious note, it is interesting some of what came out of the report... Here is a hauntingly beautiful picture considering the damage it caused and the lives it changed...

That is a crazy but oddly beautiful photo of an awful event. Clearly the sodomites are using trains to enact a nefarious agenda. Clearly we need an Abel Assessment done for every railroad employee as a part of the hiring process. And screen any AI and computer systems that automatically run or monitor systems be screened also in case they have developed some homosexual tendencies via a computer virus or hacker via a "back door."

Quick Karl

Quote from: albrecht on May 17, 2015, 07:12:29 AM
Congratulations, sir, you are now officially on the red list. The good news? At least you won't be dealing with the conditions inside the FEMA camp.

Wait... you might want to go back and re-read what I posted. I am promoting a "Constitutionalist" Cultural Revolution, wherein we exterminate progressives, liberals, and other intellectually and morally depraved vermin.