• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

any legit android apps that will reduce battery drain?

Started by coaster, April 18, 2015, 07:22:38 PM

coaster

Every one I have tried actually contributes to the  battery drain. I need one that can kill programs that run in the  background. I know jack shit when it comes to apps so I was wondering if you folks know of anything that would work.

Morgus

I think the only way to save battery life is to power the phone completely off. ;)

coaster

Quote from: Morgus on April 18, 2015, 08:10:31 PM
I think the only way to save battery life is to power the phone completely off. ;)
Its a tablet but your point is made. And hopefully sarcastic. I have to use this pos for work and its dead within an hour.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: coaster on April 18, 2015, 08:20:20 PM
Its a tablet but your point is made. And hopefully sarcastic. I have to use this pos for work and its dead within an hour.

The screen is usually the biggest drain, of course. Auto brightness helps a lot, but even without that enabled, one hour means something is just wrong. Sometimes you simply have a bad battery. It's all just chemical reactions, after all.

I wouldn't run any battery management app or anything in that general category. Let the operating system manage those things and instead figure out why your battery blows.

coaster

Quote from: MV on April 18, 2015, 08:56:58 PM
The screen is usually the biggest drain, of course. Auto brightness helps a lot, but even without that enabled, one hour means something is just wrong. Sometimes you simply have a bad battery. It's all just chemical reactions, after all.

I wouldn't run any battery management app or anything in that general category. Let the operating system manage those things and instead figure out why your battery blows.
bad battery or app? I got it. It must be a bad battery. I bought this tablet because sometimes I have to go put a bid in, on a house or business, or whatever. I need to converse with people, face to face. Hauling in a tablet makes a new home owner feel like I'm an asshole. I'm remodeling their house. Or fixing it up. But either way, hauling a fucking computer looks pure douche. I dont know what batteries go in this thing and I'll just break it. Its a fucking polaroid tablet that was on sale.

coaster

I'll just get a new one. i knew polaroid was gonna fuck me good. who knew polaroid made tablets?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: coaster on April 18, 2015, 09:43:09 PM
Its a fucking polaroid tablet that was on sale.

Jesus. You should have just made this sentence your opening post in this thread and left it at that.

coaster

Quote from: MV on April 19, 2015, 12:07:10 AM
Jesus. You should have just made this sentence your opening post in this thread and left it at that.
help? I have no idea what I'm doing here. I need something that 1. doesn't die. and 2. doesn't die. 3. lasts. 3. better part of a day. What is a good tablet to buy ole spec sheet?

wr250

Quote from: coaster on April 19, 2015, 04:55:08 AM
help? I have no idea what I'm doing here. I need something that 1. doesn't die. and 2. doesn't die. 3. lasts. 3. better part of a day. What is a good tablet to buy ole spec sheet?

how much do you want to spend?

coaster

Quote from: wr250 on April 19, 2015, 04:58:01 AM
how much do you want to spend?
I can spend whatever. I went in and said whats on sale. I don't know shitall about tablets. I can buy high end but I don't know what high end is. I was told it would do the job. If money wasnt a problem, what would I buy? Whats a good tablet that won't break down? brand or whatever. model or whater. fuck if i know. name a tablet. one thats battery doesnt shit. i literally need this for work. I cant haul in a laptop. anymore.

wr250

Quote from: coaster on April 19, 2015, 05:02:53 AM
I can spend whatever. I went in and said whats on sale. I don't know shitall about tablets. I can buy high end but I don't know what high end is. I was told it would do the job. If money wasnt a problem, what would I buy? Whats a good tablet that won't break down? brand or whatever. model or whater. fuck if i know. name a tablet. one thats battery doesnt shit. i literally need this for work. I cant haul in a laptop. anymore.
ipad air's  last a long time ,usually 8+ hours. look here for a review on battery life. moar is found with some google-fu.

onan

Quote from: coaster on April 19, 2015, 05:25:38 AM
halp!

I had a Google Nexus 7. The battery life was a heck of a lot better than what you are having with your tablet. The Nexus was priced right. MV has said positive things about them. In full disclosure, I am now using an iPad Air 2.

coaster

ok, so ipad air seems to be the consensus? its expensive, but its not gonna break the bank. looked up the lg too. wow, this one I am using is a dinosaur. Probably gonna go with the air. 14 hours of battery life. even bottom rung has 8 hours. polaroid.. you really do get what you pay for. the lg looks pretty sharp too though. fuckin a, thank you guys. i had no idea. 33 going on 80 when it comes to tablets.

coaster

wow 16 and 32 gig. 32 is only 50 dollars more but I'm gonna get the 16. 32 gigs on a tablet, my god. fucking a, I am the dinosaur. Its a chunk of change but I think it'll be worth it in the long run.

onan

Quote from: coaster on April 19, 2015, 06:50:28 AM
wow 16 and 32 gig. 32 is only 50 dollars more but I'm gonna get the 16. 32 gigs on a tablet, my god. fucking a, I am the dinosaur. Its a chunk of change but I think it'll be worth it in the long run.

I have the 16gb, if you aren't storing movies or over 500 songs you should have no problem.

cweb

Quote from: onan on April 19, 2015, 07:04:19 AM
I have the 16gb, if you aren't storing movies or over 500 songs you should have no problem.
The only thing I'd worry about is OS bloat the next time Apple decides to grace everyone with another gigantic file package. It has a way of eating up that extra space you thought you had.

onan

Quote from: cweb on April 19, 2015, 07:07:26 AM
The only thing I'd worry about is OS bloat the next time Apple decides to grace everyone with another gigantic file package. It has a way of eating up that extra space you thought you had.
There is/was a shit storm about that not too long ago. Supposedly, there is/was a fix and apple will be more cognizant in the future... ok then ::)

area51drone

Coaster, Kathy was looking at buying one of those polaroids from Big Lots.  Good to know your review on it.    Personally, I have bought 3 ASUS Memo Pad 10's and all of them have worked wonderfully.  They're snappy (quad core), the screen is great, touch sensitivity is good and I got them all used for between $85-$120 each.

coaster

Complete waste of money. I see NO difference in performance except for one. It starts and loads faster. That's about it. I'm returning it and getting something cheaper. 
Quote from: area51drone on April 20, 2015, 11:39:52 AM
Coaster, Kathy was looking at buying one of those polaroids from Big Lots.  Good to know your review on it.    Personally, I have bought 3 ASUS Memo Pad 10's and all of them have worked wonderfully.  They're snappy (quad core), the screen is great, touch sensitivity is good and I got them all used for between $85-$120 each.
polaroid needs to stick with cameras. their tablets blow. I don't know much about tablets, so I'll look into the ASUS, but I'd rather buy new. Buying used has brought nothing but problems in the past.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: coaster on April 19, 2015, 04:55:08 AM

if you are wanting to stick with android, the only option that isn't a pile of shit is the google nexus line.  pick anything from that and you'll be fine.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: coaster on April 26, 2015, 06:42:53 PM
polaroid needs to stick with cameras. their tablets blow.

i don't think "polaroid" is really polaroid any longer.  i believe i recall seeing the name was sold and is now just being stamped on random chinse products from bologna to hub caps.

onan

Quote from: MV on April 27, 2015, 09:26:31 PM
i don't think "polaroid" is really polaroid any longer.  i believe i recall seeing the name was sold and is now just being stamped on random chinse products from bologna to hub caps.

And new sponsor of the Spec Sheet. When you need it and what you need isn't there... Polaroid.

wr250

Quote from: onan on April 28, 2015, 07:00:34 AM
And new sponsor of the Spec Sheet. When you need it and what you need isn't there... Polaroid.
yes but will you make the same money that taintco paid you?

onan

Quote from: wr250 on April 28, 2015, 07:18:45 AM
yes but will you make the same money that taintco paid you?

Nobody pays like taintco.

wr250

Quote from: onan on April 28, 2015, 04:25:25 PM
Nobody pays like taintco.
yes but all they sent you was a case of laxibrew and some butthurt cream.