• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Michael Decon Program

Started by Corona Kitty, March 18, 2015, 03:57:00 PM

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Jackstar on November 12, 2018, 12:21:27 AM
You could do worse than Tom Leykis. I'm just sayin'.

Tom, I never thought was awful. It wasn't until his much later run, when I thought the quality of his show took a tremendous & unfortunate hit.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: StarrMountain on November 11, 2018, 07:49:50 PM
Hey, Myke.  Your show KICKED ASS last night!  I have to agree with the chat room.  The best so far.
Well done, Man. ;) ;D

It went much better than expected. I was supposed to interview Brooks Agnew, but he went MIA. Then it was time to improv everything, the show must go on somehow.

Corona Kitty

DynamoHum
I popped over to Decon’s thread on BG and saw that he was calling me an English Cunt, and you were in that thread as well - does that make you as guilty as him of bullying me? Is he bullying me? I don’t think he is because I don’t actually give a shit about what he says.

You see how this woman lies? I only called her an "English cunt". Solely because she showed up in here, being an English Cunt. Nothing More Nothing Less.

You don't give a shit what I say, yet you showed up here? You sure are stupid.

Jackstar

Adults are harassed. Children get bullied.

albrecht

Quote from: username on November 13, 2018, 08:02:23 PM
I like Phil.
Except he hates his fans. A genius, especially in the old days, but instead of embracing fans who recorded, shared, and archived came down hard on them- and this was before he had a website and admittedly wasn't saving a lot of his material!

Corona Kitty

Quote from: albrecht on November 13, 2018, 08:06:30 PM
Except he hates his fans. A genius, especially in the old days, but instead of embracing fans who recorded, shared, and archived came down hard on them- and this was before he had a website and admittedly wasn't saving a lot of his material!

Sounds a bit like Mr. Bell.

Jackstar

instead of embracing fans who recorded, shared, and archived thieves came down hard on them

That's too bad. Do you think he would have more money if he were more popular? I don't.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Jackstar on November 13, 2018, 08:17:31 PM
That's too bad. Do you think he would have more money if he were more popular? I don't.

A lot of these guys wanted, that Howard Stern money. Unfortunately for Phil, he was never able to reach that sort of success.

Jackstar

Sure, but The Phil Hendrie Show worked best when there were callers available who weren't in on the gag. Mass duplication and Internet popularity would not and did not help with that, at all.

I do think Phil could have handled the issue more gracefully, but it was a different time back then. Lars Ulrich set the bar pretty low.

albrecht

Quote from: Jackstar on November 13, 2018, 08:17:31 PM
I get your idea of theft but I think he, and some others, could've handed it better and there is a difference, at least maybe in nuance or motivation, between piracy for profit (stealing and making money on it) and sharing between fans, for personal listening again, etc? Maybe? Idk. I know some folks: Grateful Dead, Greaseman, Alex, etc instead embraced the idea of fans recording, sharing, making archives and in some cases were able to use that to advance their career and even later making money off of it. Or leveraging "free" and "sharing" to make their enterprise bigger and more profitable, or at least not gone from history.

Jackstar

I agree, but it's not like the Dead at all. Each bootlegged concert could create a fan, who could potentially buy merchandise--each copy of a Hendrie torrent would potentially lead to one less person who could actually contribute to the show.

Yeah, he could have been nicer, but then it would not be Phil.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Jackstar on November 13, 2018, 08:50:17 PM
Sure, but The Phil Hendrie Show worked best when there were callers available who weren't in on the gag. Mass duplication and Internet popularity would not and did not help with that, at all.

I do think Phil could have handled the issue more gracefully, but it was a different time back then. Lars Ulrich set the bar pretty low.

Plant callers have always existed, but certain shows didn't need fake callers. I agree, the internet showed up at the right time. It didn't fair too well for some, those who adapted remained at the top.

I agree..... A very different time back then. Most got very lucky.

albrecht

Quote from: username on November 13, 2018, 09:57:05 PM
Plant callers have always existed, but certain shows didn't need fake callers. I agree, the internet showed up at the right time. It didn't fair too well for some, those who adapted remained at the top.

I agree..... A very different time back then. Most got very lucky.
Of course luck and happenstance can come into play but I think a lot is hard work, motivation, taking bad gigs, self-promotion, and some light scamming etc. Bruce Williams had some funny ancedotes on one of his last shows. Getting folks to call-in early on so program director gave him the temp show permamently and then on from there.

Jackstar

Quote from: username on November 13, 2018, 09:57:05 PM
certain shows didn't need fake callers

Aren't we all just living a lie?

Jackstar

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Jackstar on November 13, 2018, 10:28:18 PM

Partially, because we have no free will.

Jackstar

Quote from: username on November 14, 2018, 01:06:45 AM
Partially, because we have no free will.

Who cares? I prefer choice.

starrmtn001

Quote from: Jackstar on November 13, 2018, 10:28:18 PM
I, myself, am a fictional character, but I don't lie. 
Bit of a paradox, I am, for sure. ;) ;D

Corona Kitty

Quote from: StarrMountain on November 14, 2018, 03:02:39 AM
I, myself, am a fictional character, but I don't lie. 
Bit of a paradox, I am, for sure. ;) ;D

I am a mere figment of your imagination.

Metron2267

+1!

You are what you become over time...

Metron2267

Quote from: Jackstar on November 13, 2018, 08:59:31 PM
Yeah, he could have been nicer, but then it would not be Phil.

So really you two have a LOT in common...

Metron2267

Quote from: username on November 14, 2018, 04:09:26 AM
I am a mere figment of your imagination.

Starr has a really GOOD imagination, huh? :D

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Metron2267 on November 14, 2018, 10:31:04 AM
Starr has a really GOOD imagination, huh? :D

It's a beautiful thing, to have an active imagination.