• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Michael Decon Program

Started by Corona Kitty, March 18, 2015, 03:57:00 PM

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on June 18, 2019, 08:38:25 PM

Yeah. I got a relative who into those and also was is into Trudeau. I see little booklets about various Scandi algae or some Tibetan salts. I'm of two minds. Adults should, for most part, be able to take what they want and maybe some alternatives might turn out to be good but also don't scams or false hope hucksters.

"Those" what?  Enemas and Trudeau hahaha!  I don't know why those ideas should be linked, but it is funny.

I think people should be free to be gullible wretches if they want to be; I'm more interested in the psychology of it all since it is prevalent in my family.  I used to think (rather romantically) that people like my aunt were carrying on the tradition of folk healers or what are now called "wise women" that go back into prehistory but now I just think that our family brought a sort of 19th-century peasant mentality with them from the old country, one where doctors are extortionist quacks and are to be avoided in favor of self-help.  Mix that with religious ideas where health is a sign of God's favor and if you're sick you must have done something wrong and you have the makings of a real mess.

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on June 18, 2019, 09:32:23 PM
"Those" what?  Enemas and Trudeau hahaha!  I don't know why those ideas should be linked, but it is funny.

I think people should be free to be gullible wretches if they want to be; I'm more interested in the psychology of it all since it is prevalent in my family.  I used to think (rather romantically) that people like my aunt were carrying on the tradition of folk healers or what are now called "wise women" that go back into prehistory but now I just think that our family brought a sort of 19th-century peasant mentality with them from the old country, one where doctors are extortionist quacks and are to be avoided in favor of self-help.  Mix that with religious ideas where health is a sign of God's favor and if you're sick you must have done something wrong and you have the makings of a real mess.

There were Norwegian "black books," I think I mentioned before. I admit some personal history of, I guess, cultural religious remnants and sorta view disease and health problems as a quasi moral-weakness and such shouldn't be discussed, except in hushed, tones with euphemisms. Also a somewhat God's Will view with regard. Simply typing cancer instead of "Big C" was a chore. A distant relative kilked himself and it was amazing, shocking funeral when daughter gave euology to me, and some others, but great one (instead of usual cover-ups or shyness of topic.Brutal, honest and heartfelt.) (On phone by pool so mispellings.)

chefist

Myke...you gonna get Alazando and Mr Blink on soon?

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on June 18, 2019, 09:49:18 PM

There were Norwegian "black books," I think I mentioned before. I admit some personal history of, I guess, cultural religious remnants and sorta view disease and health problems as a quasi moral-weakness and such shouldn't be discussed, except in hushed, tones with euphemisms. Also a somewhat God's Will view with regard. Simply typing cancer instead of "Big C" was a chore. A distant relative kilked himself and it was amazing, shocking funeral when daughter gave euology to me, and some others, but great one (instead of usual cover-ups or shyness of topic.Brutal, honest and heartfelt.) (On phone by pool so mispellings.)

Oh I am so glad you said it!  Confirms a lot of suspicions I have.  It's weird, I've only had one minor surgery and only told my folks because I needed a ride home, but forbade them from telling anyone including brother and sisters because I know how we talk and judge.  Must seem strange to normal people.

I had an uncle (not blood, since, to our antique way of thinking, that matters) who shot himself with an antique pistol and his brother's eulogy wasn't nearly as eloquent -- spent the whole time arguing he wasn't in his right mind and therefore must be in heaven.  Very painful to listen to but I suppose it comforted him and some others, which was I guess the point.

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on June 18, 2019, 10:04:59 PM
Oh I am so glad you said it!  Confirms a lot of suspicions I have.  It's weird, I've only had one minor surgery and only told my folks because I needed a ride home, but forbade them from telling anyone including brother and sisters because I know how we talk and judge.  Must seem strange to normal people.

I had an uncle (not blood, since, to our antique way of thinking, that matters) who shot himself with an antique pistol and his brother's eulogy wasn't nearly as eloquent -- spent the whole time arguing he wasn't in his right mind and therefore must be in heaven.  Very painful to listen to but I suppose it comforted him and some others, which was I guess the point.

It is an amazing thing. There are a few outliers, non-Scandi who come into family, but the self-deprecation, no talking, grin n bear it, is amazingly funny to discuss with us younger generation tho I still have. I've seriously been called, drive over, and take someone with- what turned out to be heart attack- to this hospital. And he in admissions was apologizing for inconveince to doc and me, later, I accepting admonishment from Doc for not calling 911. "But don't want to be a burden" thinking. He was fine after surgery stint etc. But weird event. I was apologizing to my boss for leaving and he was like WTF "of course you should've left why are you back?"

Corona Kitty

Quote from: K_Dubb on June 18, 2019, 08:19:17 PM
It does suck.  My aunt seems to fall for every one of those and doctored my dear uncle, the guy who turned me on to classical music when I was just a kid, until she finally took him to the real doctor two weeks before he died.

When I was young and impressionable I tried some of her stuff, like oregano oil you put under your tongue and you taste pizza for the rest of the day.  She was on colloidal silver for a while because Jim Bakker was touting it.  It's funny, each of her cures comes with a little book with all the alphabetical conditions it can fix (all of them, of course) and how to administer it.  Now when she starts up on one of her spiels I just ask to see the book and start reading the section on enemas -- all of them can go in your mouth or up your butt, apparently with perfect equanimity -- and that shuts it down.

It seems like we've all had an aunt that was kind of like that.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: chefist on June 18, 2019, 09:58:34 PM
Myke...you gonna get Alazando and Mr Blink on soon?

As in the guy from the "to the stars Academy"?  and the blink 182 frontmen? Haha, I don't think so. I'm not sure I can get a hold of either.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: K_Dubb on June 18, 2019, 08:19:17 PM
My aunt seems to fall for every one of those and doctored my dear uncle, the guy who turned me on.

I think this belongs in the True Confessions thread.

artbell_ghost

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 19, 2019, 08:16:35 AM

#bellgabpolice

K_Dubb

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 19, 2019, 08:16:35 AM

Hey I just tee them up; you don't have to swing at them.

Corona Kitty

https://youtu.be/owpYkP5od4U

Live at 7:00 pm PDT - 10 pm EDT  SATURDAY ...............see you there.

albrecht

After you bag the Lenny "Nails" Dykstra interview you need to get this guy to discuss his brilliant, and bizarre, business career, family feuds, legal machinations, and art choices.   This could be worthy of a a whole podcast series. The amazing, but seemingly common, problem of vast family wealth degenerating due to legal claims.

https://torontolife.com/city/inside-500-million-family-feud/?utm_source=pocket-newtab   

"When asked if she believed her father’s mental state was deteriorating, she responded with dry diplomacy. “My father is in his late 80s and focused on his legacy, including building a $55-million statue of winged Pegasus and a fire-breathing dragon.”

Corona Kitty

Quote from: albrecht on June 20, 2019, 06:28:51 PM
After you bag the Lenny "Nails" Dykstra interview you need to get this guy to discuss his brilliant, and bizarre, business career, family feuds, legal machinations, and art choices.   This could be worthy of a a whole podcast series. The amazing, but seemingly common, problem of vast family wealth degenerating due to legal claims.

https://torontolife.com/city/inside-500-million-family-feud/?utm_source=pocket-newtab   

"When asked if she believed her father’s mental state was deteriorating, she responded with dry diplomacy. “My father is in his late 80s and focused on his legacy, including building a $55-million statue of winged Pegasus and a fire-breathing dragon.”

I'll send for Lenny.

Corona Kitty

https://youtu.be/8y2vZ1VLpU0

Back on the O.G. channel this Friday night 6. PDT 10 PM EDT

W/ Jim Fetzer

K_Dubb

Quote from: username on June 24, 2019, 06:31:54 PM

W/ Jim Fetzer

Excellent!  Hopefully he can finally put that pesky goiter issue to rest once and for all.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: K_Dubb on June 24, 2019, 06:39:33 PM
Excellent!  Hopefully he can finally put that pesky goiter issue to rest once and for all.

Is that you playing that musical instrument in your AV? Amazing.

K_Dubb

Quote from: username on June 24, 2019, 06:44:48 PM
Is that you playing that musical instrument in your AV? Amazing.

That is a crummy photoshop of the Sutton Hoo lyre.  I am really holding a ukulele.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: K_Dubb on June 24, 2019, 06:54:05 PM
That is a crummy photoshop of the Sutton Hoo lyre.  I am really holding a ukulele.

Quote from: K_Dubb on June 24, 2019, 06:54:05 PM

Dammit K_Dubb.  I suspected but I didn't know.    Now I know.   #Crushed  :'(

albrecht

Quote from: username on June 24, 2019, 06:31:54 PM

https://youtu.be/8y2vZ1VLpU0

W/ Jim Fetzer
If I could gif I would post Burns saying "excellllent."

albrecht

Quote from: username on June 24, 2019, 07:04:28 PM
Cultural appropriation!  ;)   Hopefully though you have it tuned in a weird, evil way.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: albrecht on June 24, 2019, 07:35:03 PM
If I could gif I would post Burns saying "excellllent."

For my own sake & for the sake of Jims I feel it would be best not to discuss his current legal issues. He's already appeared on another show discussing that and I thought that was not a very good idea.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: albrecht on June 24, 2019, 08:14:02 PM
Cultural appropriation!  ;)   Hopefully though you have it tuned in a weird, evil way.

Amazing.