• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Anyone else think Bill Gates would make a good first guest?

Started by Delphi, February 28, 2015, 07:45:24 AM

Delphi

Am I alone on this. ?  Anyone else think it would be fun

wr250

no, he would not.
bill gates made his billions off copyright infringement. then proceeded to be a major player in "copyright reform" . if i did today what gates did to apple in the very early 80's, i would be put in jail. windows is a direct descendant of that theft.
what he couldnt steal , he bought. he bought cp/m and improved upon it (this is where DOS came from, gates did not write DOS). numerous other companies have been swallowed by microsoft over the years, and their innovations incorporated into ms products, or discard like yesterdays news.

Delphi

Good point.. .  I was asking because we all know Art has alot of. Respect for bill and he has mentioned numerous times that he would love to interview him. . I just thought that would be a big first guest

wr250

Quote from: Delphi on February 28, 2015, 08:15:22 AM
Good point.. .  I was asking because we all know Art has alot of. Respect for bill and he has mentioned numerous times that he would love to interview him. . I just thought that would be a big first guest

note the reforms that bill gates has supported are now law. and its a major part of what Art is up against right now with the bumper music thing. so gates is partially responsible for Arts current problems.

Chaim

I'd love Bill Gates on the Alex Jones show. Alex would ask him "why do you want to kill us all?" and stuff like that.
would be fun.

Gd5150

John B Wells would fun, everyone at bellgabs head would explode.

ge30542

I think  the first guest should be Lieutenant Ed Dames. (he USED to be Major Ed Dames, but there was an incident involving Nanotechnology, an OBE and a Generals wife). I'm actually surprised he didn't see that one coming.

Bonanza Pilot

How about Graham Hancock? Pick up where he left off with the show that never was.

SnapT

I would support Bill Gates as the first guest only if Art Bell questions him about his history with Falkie.
http://youtu.be/LaJibiqK7x0

analog kid

I can't see how he would be a relevant guest, but he's the biggest philanthropist in history, which I think makes up for his past with Microsoft. I'm a long-time Linux user myself, and it used to be a thing to hate him, but I don't know many people who still hold a grudge over that stuff.

analog kid

Quote from: Bonanza Pilot on February 28, 2015, 03:36:32 PM
How about Graham Hancock? Pick up where he left off with the show that never was.

The weed stuff alone. He recently confessed that he wrote all his books while high, and, I think, used ayahuasca to break his dependence on it. Lots of new stuff with Hanckock to discuss.

Kelt

I like Bill Gates.  As important to driving the latter part of the 20th Century as Henry Ford was to the early 20th Century.  An interview with Gates is an interview with history, regardless of one's own personal opinion of the man.

How often do you get to the chance to interview one of the architects of the modern world?

hitfan

Bill Gates would be a great guest, love him or hate him.  And I'm also a Linux user myself.

One of my favorite episodes of C2C was the one where Art interviewed that Silicon Valley techie "Captain Crunch" who knew Steve Wozniak and Steve Jobs.  He had taken the time and initiative to figure out how to use a whistle from a box of Captain Crunch to hack the AT&T payphones to make free long distance calls.  He is a very smart guy.

henge0stone

No it would be boring and technical. Have a paranormal guest or a scientist or something.

VegasI15

I actually think Bill Gates would be a great guest.  If anyone could conduct an interesting interview and dig up some interesting stuff, it would be Art. 

On another note Bill Gates visited Spain recently.  He stopped in to eat at Jordi Cruz's 3-Star michelin restaurant.  Jordi Cruz is also one of the celebrity Chefs on Master Chef España.  Gates had the restaurant all to himself.  But all he did was drink a Coke.  Also he left his passport behind.  Here is a clip where Jordi talks about this weird visit by Gates. Funny stuff!  They start to talk about gates about 8:30 into the clip.

albrecht

I would like it. I love the paranormal and weird shows but I liked also when Art interviewed "real" guests. He is a major influence on the world and would be a good interview. I also suspect "open lines," if Gates would allow, would bring in some interesting callers: from techies who hate Windows, to conspiracy folks who think he is funding "soft-kill" weapons for an elite world depopulation scheme, Apple cultists, and then just normal people frustrated by "blue screens of death."

ManiacMatt

I think it would be a good interview because Art would have a good conversation with him.  I don't think Gates is much of a talker, so you would need someone like Art to pull it off.  It would also be interesting because Gates is somewhat socially awkward.  It has been postulated that he has asperger's syndrome.

Gd5150

Theres really nothing interesting about Gates. Just another billionaire who was in the right place at the right time. Microsoft and Windows is probably the most overrated, overpriced, overvalued company in the history of the world. Certainly of computing.

Many companies have tried the old force people to upgrade so we can keep making money off them by buying pointless upgrades, but Microsoft is better than anyone at it. Electronic companies do it by changing battery sizes and chargers with each new product. Sony used to do this with their discman back in the 80's. Then it was Windows since the 90's. Now its Apple and Samsung with their smart phones. Canon and Nikon do it with their SLR's. And Amazon tries to keep up by constantly offering the latest Chinese knock off of chargers, power cords, batteries, etc...

Either way none of it is very interesting. Steve Jobs would be interesting to talk to about the period of 2005-6 when the 1st iphone/smartphone was being developed. And if Apple knew how they were going to change the world. Thats interesting. Microsoft is totally boring, as is Gates.

ManiacMatt

Quote from: Gd5150 on March 16, 2015, 04:20:47 PM
Theres really nothing interesting about Gates. Just another billionaire who was in the right place at es to keep up by constantly offering the latest Chinese knock off of chargers, power cords, batteries, etc...
Microsoft is totally boring, as is Gates.

Well, that's true too!  Indeed.

Can you imagine Noory interviewing Gates...

So, how did you get into all this computer stuff?  Have you always been faschinated with computers?

WildCard

This is what it sounds like when nerds cry.

Update, Friday: During his farewell event at Microsoft this morning, Gates referred to this, and poked a little fun at us: “One of the newspapers had some e-mail that I sent about how maybe Windows could have been better at something, and they said, ‘This is a shocking e-mail. Shocking!’ And I said, ‘What do you think I do all day? Sending an e-mail like that, that is my job. That’s what it’s all about. We’re here to make things better.”
http://blog.seattlepi.com/microsoft/2008/06/24/full-text-an-epic-bill-gates-e-mail-rant/

Don't actually read this. Besides being a total waste of time, it may cause brain damage.

Quote from: wr250 on February 28, 2015, 07:54:24 AM
no, he would not.

VegasI15

Theres really nothing interesting about Gates. Just another billionaire who was in the right place at the right time. Microsoft and Windows is probably the most overrated, overpriced, overvalued company in the history of the world. Certainly of computing.

Could you expound on that thought?  Or explain in detail why Apple is not all those things and that Microsoft is?  You make Microsoft sound as if they were selling beanie babies. 

I'll say this much, it's one thing to be in the right place at the right time.  But it takes someone with the know how to capitalize on it.

The simple fact that Bill Gates is such a polarizing figure, would make for a great interview.

WildCard

Quote from: VegasI15 on March 16, 2015, 06:47:31 PM
Could you expound on that thought?  Or explain in detail why Apple is not all those things and that Microsoft is?  You make Microsoft sound as if they were selling beanie babies. 

I'll say this much, it's one thing to be in the right place at the right time.  But it takes someone with the know how to capitalize on it.

The simple fact that Bill Gates is such a polarizing figure, would make for a great interview.

You're right. Sometimes I change my mind, sometimes.

albrecht

Many companies have tried the old force people to upgrade so we can keep making money off them by buying pointless upgrades, but Microsoft is better than anyone at it. Electronic companies do it by changing battery sizes and chargers with each new product. Sony used to do this with their discman back in the 80's. Then it was Windows since the 90's. Now its Apple and Samsung with their smart phones. Canon and Nikon do it with their SLR's. And Amazon tries to keep up by constantly offering the latest Chinese knock off of chargers, power cords, batteries, etc...

Either way none of it is very interesting. Steve Jobs would be interesting to talk to about the period of 2005-6 when the 1st iphone/smartphone was being developed. And if Apple knew how they were going to change the world. Thats interesting. Microsoft is totally boring, as is Gates.
Sony is an interesting item. They had better technology often but due to bad marketing, making it proprietary, etc failed in a number of situations. Example is DAT and also the MiniDisc which, at the time, was far superior to CDs, no scratching, rerecordable, smaller, faster access speed, etc. And Betamax which was higher quality, in video and in sound, but ultimately failed.

jjsmooth

Quote from: wr250 on February 28, 2015, 07:54:24 AM
no, he would not.

Well... Bill Gates would certainly be a more interesting guest than Steve Jobs...

Gd5150

Quote from: ManiacMatt on March 16, 2015, 04:28:28 PM
Can you imagine Noory interviewing Gates...

So, how did you get into all this computer stuff?  Have you always been faschinated with computers?

Whats the most interesting operating system you ever sold?

Quote from: albrecht on March 16, 2015, 09:15:30 PM
Sony is an interesting item. They had better technology often but due to bad marketing, making it proprietary, etc failed in a number of situations. Example is DAT and also the MiniDisc which, at the time, was far superior to CDs, no scratching, rerecordable, smaller, faster access speed, etc. And Betamax which was higher quality, in video and in sound, but ultimately failed.

Same goes with the entire PC market. Apple was always better. The Commodore Amiga in 1986 was 10 years ahead of PCs and their 16 colors with no sound. The Amiga was utilized true multitasking windows style OS. But PC's could be cloned and there were a zillion software manufactures.

Always loved how VHS took over and it was such lousy format. 8mm was only a few years behind as well and did nothing. Laserdiscs were very close to DVD quality and came out in 1980, never took off. Don't forget HD DVD which fell to BluRay. Now when I watch an old VHS I'm blown away at how bad the image quality is.

If Art could have a billionaire on his 1st show, Richard Branson would be cool.

wr250

Quote from: jjsmooth on March 16, 2015, 09:53:03 PM
Well... Bill Gates would certainly be a more interesting guest than Steve Jobs...

only in the manner that dead air is more interesting then noory. 

Wintermute

Bill or Melinda would be really good guests. But...

1. Art Bell doesn't do many interviews with legit people.
2. Bill Gates doesn't do podcasts that have guests like Hogland on.

That's the double-edged sword of "paranormal" radio. If you have crackpots on, why would someone legit want to be associated with a show about crackpots?