• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Knapp

Started by ArtBellFan, April 27, 2008, 09:05:01 AM

comaphobe

Quote from: momijithing~awoo on December 19, 2016, 02:03:06 AM
The dude was a poof but i guess most guys were in the 80's

Yeah I don't know what was up with all that.

TigerLily

Going to listen to the rest offline. Nice to hang with the usual suspects again. Sweet Dreams

comaphobe

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 19, 2016, 02:14:58 AM
Yeah, they wouldn't play it on Top 40 Radio in Atlanta.  It was pretty much limited to rock stations geared more towards classic rock.  Or to clubs like the Limelight.  You just couldn't say slut or bitch and make sex sounds on a Top 40 station.  Now that is about all you can say on a Top 40 record. :-\

Things have changed a lot, nowadays it's all about being vulgar. No substance at all.

Quote from: TigerLily on December 19, 2016, 02:22:39 AM
Going to listen to the rest offline. Nice to hang with the usual suspects again. Sweet Dreams

Good night, TL.  I'm thinking about dropping off in a minute too as this guest is not doing much for me.  I'll give him a little longer.

Quote from: comaphobe on December 19, 2016, 02:24:26 AM
Things have changed a lot, nowadays it's all about being vulgar. No substance at all.

Right.  There's a lot more to life than just fucking but you wouldn't know that from listening to mainstream radio these days.  I like my share of raunchy music but the stuff today is very bland in its vulgarity.  Sing about other things like people did in the 50's through the mid 90's.

comaphobe

Quote from: zeebo on December 19, 2016, 02:02:17 AM
cp you have a knack for saying things I wanna put on a t-shirt and walk around wearing

We should go into business... fold laundry... make shirts say different things depending on how many folds there were. We can embed secret codes into novelty shirts... Hide things in plain sight. Set it up where ppl would have to buy a whole bunch of shirts to create the bigger picture in order to decipher the master code which would be contained within the text of novelty shirts. We can subliminally reveal the secrets of Sumerian image panels via mail order fanbase.

comaphobe

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 19, 2016, 02:29:28 AM
Right.  There's a lot more to life than just fucking but you wouldn't know that from listening to mainstream radio these days.  I like my share of raunchy music but the stuff today is very bland in its vulgarity.  Sing about other things like people did in the 50's through the mid 90's.

They only ever sing about themselves now. It's selfish music and fitting for the society I guess. Before, people assumed a character or a role or possibly told a story in the third person, but today people sing literally and in the first person. Selfish and gross. It reminds me of the Bill Hicks sketch where he is making the demonic pig noises while cupping the mic and comparing pop stars to suckers of Satan's cock. It's even worse now Bill. Way worse. Unimaginably worse.

Coast should use this as a bumper.  It used to be a theme to a talk show that I listened to in Philly in the late 80's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_QRL3t9qyc

Quote from: comaphobe on December 19, 2016, 02:38:24 AM
They only ever sing about themselves now. It's selfish music and fitting for the society I guess. Before, people assumed a character or a role or possibly told a story in the third person, but today people sing literally and in the first person. Selfish and gross. It reminds me of the Bill Hicks sketch where he is making the demonic pig noises while cupping the mic and comparing pop stars to suckers of Satan's cock. It's even worse now Bill. Way worse. Unimaginably worse.

I like to keep up with the music scene but I lost complete interest 3 or 4 years ago.  There was a gem every once in a while but its not worth listening to the multitude of shit out there. I still buy some cd's and stuff from artists that I like but they are getting rather long in the tooth now and some of their voices have not held up.  I guess in ten or fifteen years, most of them will be dead. :-\ Most of the artists I like are 20-30 years older than me.

So this is basically a what if Hillary became President segment.  :-\

Nebraska888

Quote from: zeebo on December 19, 2016, 02:04:32 AM
Hang in there Neb.  Looks like we're losing Duke, maybe didn't pace himself with that Paddy's.  ;D

I am here and completely enjoying the interview!  Hope you are too!  It is cold and icy outside.....and great to listen to Knapp and enjoying a very late night cocktail!  Sleeping in tomorrow!  Glad you are with me, Zee!

I want to hear about new UFO cases not more disclosure bullshit that is not going to happen.

Nebraska888

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 19, 2016, 02:54:12 AM
I want to hear about new UFO cases not more disclosure bullshit that is not going to happen.

You are correct about disclosure.  This frustrates everyone....

Quote from: Nebraska888 on December 19, 2016, 03:04:44 AM
You are correct about disclosure.  This frustrates everyone....

Right, I'm for disclosure and putting pressure on the government to disclose but this endless talk about it grates on me. I think humanity can handle disclosure.  The only thing is if it is interdimensional like many people think it is and not extraterrestrial, it could have far-reaching ramifications.  Possibly on religion and pertaining to our future in the afterlife.

Norm

Look, for over 20 years now it's the same stories repeated over and over again. Blah, blah, blah. We tracked this, we saw this, people have come forward, over and over and over. Give up unless you've got a new book to push, there are plenty of new suckers who have picked up a fascination for UFO's and they are flush with cash, just dying to buy your book that will have NEW evidence! Wowee Zowee...

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Norm on December 19, 2016, 03:25:28 AM
Look, for over 20 years now it's the same stories repeated over and over again. Blah, blah, blah. We tracked this, we saw this, people have come forward, over and over and over. Give up unless you've got a new book to push, there are plenty of new suckers who have picked up a fascination for UFO's and they are flush with cash, just dying to buy your book that will have NEW evidence! Wowee Zowee...

I find the ones that NASA captures on camera the most fun. The camera often malfunctions after that point for some reason though.  :D

Nebraska888

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 19, 2016, 03:11:41 AM
Right, I'm for disclosure and putting pressure on the government to disclose but this endless talk about it grates on me. I think humanity can handle disclosure.  The only thing is if it is interdimensional like many people think it is and not extraterrestrial, it could have far-reaching ramifications.  Possibly on religion and pertaining to our future in the afterlife.

And, as you have conjectured, IF, we are dealing with interdimensional beings, well, the ramifications, as you stated, are far beyond an interview with this guest...with anyone.... it would be incomprehensible.

Quote from: Nebraska888 on December 19, 2016, 03:30:21 AM
And, as you have conjectured, IF, we are dealing with interdimensional beings, well, the ramifications, as you stated, are far beyond an interview with this guest...with anyone.... it would be incomprehensible.

Indeed, it would be.

Quote from: Norm on December 19, 2016, 03:25:28 AM

I know.  I'm tired of hearing about the same old cases.  Bring on some new ones.  Surely they are out there.

Norm

Remember when Art and Ramona were driving back to Pahrump and spotted a giant, silent triangular craft directly overhead? HOW many times have we heard that repeated over and over. For christ's sake give me a break. I'm so sick of the whole thing I'd rather force myself to listen to Heather's I'm a witch blather... NONE of this real, it's all conjecture design to sell products that have paid radio stations to sell their crap. It's not real, never was, never, never will be. Quit hoping for 'disclosure' it's a friggin joke and you dear reader are the butt of the joke.....

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Norm on December 19, 2016, 03:43:02 AM
Remember when Art and Ramona were driving back to Pahrump and spotted a giant, silent triangular craft directly overhead? HOW many times have we heard that repeated over and over. For christ's sake give me a break. I'm so sick of the whole thing I'd rather force myself to listen to Heather's I'm a witch blather... NONE of this real, it's all conjecture design to sell products that have paid radio stations to sell their crap. It's not real, never was, never, never will be. Quit hoping for 'disclosure' it's a friggin joke and you dear reader are the butt of the joke.....

Why do you torture yourself by listening then?  ???

Oh for crying out loud.  You don't want to believe.  Come back to me after you have read up on the subject.

Nebraska888

Remember when Art and Ramona towere driving back to Pahrump and spotted a giant, silent triangular craft directly overhead? HOW many times have we heard that repeated over and over. For christ's sake give me a break. I'm so sick of the whole thing I'd rather force myself to listen to Heather's I'm a witch blather... NONE of this real, it's all conjecture design to sell products that have paid radio stations to sell their crap. It's not real, never was, never, never will be. Quit hoping for 'disclosure' it's a friggin joke and you dear reader are the butt of the joke.....

I understand your frustration.....it is felt by many of us. And yet, my continued inclination is not to dismiss everything.... I want to listen, explore, question, research, and examine.  These are my only options.....and, perhaps, one day,  a few questions will be answered.  Who knows?

Juan

I don't listen to Coast much, but listened some last night.  Are Coast callers becoming stupider?  One caller made the startling revelation that the government will not disclose because the space aliens have superior technology.  Really?

Uncle Duke

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 19, 2016, 01:52:30 AM
Kind of disappointed in the first guest.  She didn't have a lot of stories to tell and I'm most interested in the paranormal aspects with the creatures and stuff.

In hindsight, I think the first guest's primary purpose for being on was to air her personal grievances with MUFON.  With her accusations of sexual assaults, character assassination, and general overall incompetence, she really laid it on the line.  I also think Knapp was in on it, he of all people knew she had little to offer relative to Skinwalker. 

ItsOver

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 19, 2016, 01:47:37 AM
My favorite from them is Sex, I'm A......  It was quite controversial back in the day.

Of all of Berlin's songs, "Take My Breath Away" is not a favorite at all.  Maybe it's because it brings Tom Cruise to mind.  ::)  I'd go with either "The Metro" or "No More Words."

I've held on to Sirius XM primarily for the New Wave channel.  Richard Blade is one excellent DJ and likes to talk about the background of all the various bands.  Apparently, he and Terri Nunn of Berlin almost became a couple.

zeebo

Quote from: Uncle Duke on December 19, 2016, 09:03:48 AM
In hindsight, I think the first guest's primary purpose for being on was to air her personal grievances with MUFON.  With her accusations of sexual assaults, character assassination, and general overall incompetence, she really laid it on the line.  I also think Knapp was in on it, he of all people knew she had little to offer relative to Skinwalker.

Yeah this is what it sounded like to me.  Both interviews were kind of gauzy high-level overviews, guests more interested in process than specifics.  Really the best details of anything came from random callers last nite.  (Although that one story from the first guest was kinda creepy about grandma's lost time incident.)

ItsOver

Quote from: zeebo on December 19, 2016, 12:25:02 PM
Yeah this is what it sounded like to me.  Both interviews were kind of gauzy high-level overviews, guests more interested in process than specifics.  Really the best details of anything came from random callers last nite.  (Although that one story from the first guest was kinda creepy about grandma's lost time incident.)
The first guess has potential but I go along with the thought about another agenda besides Skinwalker.  Gee, sexual harrassment at a UFO convention.  Who would have thunk? ;)

Nebraska888

Quote from: ItsOver on December 19, 2016, 12:55:35 PM
The first guess has potential but I go along with the thought about another agenda besides Skinwalker.  Gee, sexual harrassment at a UFO convention.  Who would have thunk? ;)

OMG........icky!!!!!