• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Knapp

Started by ArtBellFan, April 27, 2008, 09:05:01 AM

K_Dubb

Also, for those who indulge

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 30, 2016, 10:32:15 PM
The day just keeps getting better

1. 650,000 things found in a folder called "Life Insurance"
2. Get one of those letters you always dread from the IRS only to find out that my mistake this time means I get an extra $1500 back
3. Cubs win Game 5 - first WS game won in Wrigley Field since 1945
4. Now it is Knapp night!!!

That was a great game. I thought they should have pinch hit for Chapman so they could get an insurance run but turns out they didn't need it.  On to Cleveland.  Somewhere Harry Caray is smiling.

ShayP

Quote from: FightTheFuture on October 30, 2016, 11:01:14 PM
Ya just can`t go wrong with Irish whiskey

Ain't that the truth.  ;)

ShayP

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 30, 2016, 11:04:27 PM
Howdy, Shay.  How's it hanging?
Hey there!   :D  I was goin to make a joke about 'hanging' but I'll just say I'm fine.  ;)  How are yeeeww?   ;D

K_Dubb

Howling wind, thick stormclouds -- good hosts always begin with the weather

GravitySucks

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 30, 2016, 11:02:14 PM
That was a great game. I thought they should have pinch hit for Chapman so they could get an insurance run but turns out they didn't need it.  On to Cleveland.  Somewhere Harry Caray is smiling.

I never really liked Harry. I grew up with Jack Brickhouse and Lloyd Pettit doing the games on TV and Lou Boudreau on radio. Lloyd Pettit was the best Blackhawks announcer too.

I think the reason I didn't like Harry is because he was a Sox announcer right before he went to the Cubs. Never forgave him. Plus he came from the Cardinals.

Is the story true that Harry got fired from the Cards for having an affair with Augie Busch's wife?

Quote from: ShayP on October 30, 2016, 11:07:27 PM
Hey there!   :D  I was goin to make a joke about 'hanging' but I'll just say I'm fine.  ;)  How are yeeeww?   ;D

LOL. Great.  Oooh, a demon haunted world coming up.  That sounds perfect for Halloween.  Halloween is my favorite day.  Thought about watching movies tonight but Knapp's show sounds interesting.

Nebraska888

Quote from: K_Dubb on October 30, 2016, 11:08:35 PM
Howling wind, thick stormclouds -- good hosts always begin with the weather

Knapp knows how to "set the mood"......and, so....here we go!

ItsOver

I got my jammies on.

yeah baby! We know what to do!

ShayP

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 30, 2016, 11:12:36 PM
LOL. Great.  Oooh, a demon haunted world coming up.  That sounds perfect for Halloween.  Halloween is my favorite day.  Thought about watching movies tonight but Knapp's show sounds interesting.

Good.  :)  Movies tomorrow.  Ah yes, Halloween is my favorite.  As is autumn.  8)

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 30, 2016, 11:12:13 PM
I never really liked Harry. I grew up with Jack Brickhouse and Lloyd Pettit doing the games on TV and Lou Boudreau on radio. Lloyd Pettit was the best Blackhawks announcer too.

I think the reason I didn't like Harry is because he was a Sox announcer right before he went to the Cubs. Never forgave him. Plus he came from the Cardinals.

Is the story true that Harry got fired from the Cards for having an affair with Augie Busch's wife?

I believe so.  My parents grew up listening to Cardinals games with Harry so there is a nostalgic place in my heart for him.  Plus I always got a kick out of him from Cubs games. Dad also lived in Chicago back in '30's and 40's for half his childhood and they were Cubs fans back then.

Yeah, Harry did apparently did have a fling with Busch's wife from what I remember my Dad telling me.  He must have been a much better looking man in his younger years.

ShayP

I don't have silk jammies but I do have silk sheets.  Plus I prefer sleeping in the buff.  Hopefully Knapp would approve.  ;D

Quote from: K_Dubb on October 30, 2016, 11:01:53 PM
Also, for those who indulge

What is it? Is it for drinking or cigar smoking?

ItsOver

I just finished LMAO with MST3K now it's on to Knapp!

ItsOver

Quote from: ShayP on October 30, 2016, 11:15:17 PM
Good.  :)  Movies tomorrow.  Ah yes, Halloween is my favorite.  As is autumn.  8)
Yes, sir!

K_Dubb

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on October 30, 2016, 11:16:17 PM
What is it? Is it for drinking or cigar smoking?

Smoking all manner of things -- cigars in the humidor (with the door), pipe in the stand, cigarettes in the little ashtrays

I've only read Keel's Mothman Prophecies.  I don't recall any talk about demons in that book.  I'd like to read more of his work.

Quote from: ItsOver on October 30, 2016, 11:16:29 PM
I just finished LMAO with MST3K now it's on to Knapp!

Which one did you watch?

ItsOver

I'd crap if Noory ever played Stevie Ray Vaughan.

TigerLily

Just made it here in time to hear the opening chords of "The Chase". Hello fellow Knappsters. Nice gang of kooks n geeks here tonight. Great opening topic and I heard the Food of the Gods guy before. Very entertaining.

Great football today but my eyeballs feel like deflated footballs. And way to go Cubbies!

ItsOver

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 30, 2016, 11:30:05 PM
Which one did you watch?
I was watching some I'd DVDd off Comet.  I Accuse My Parents and Attack of the Giant Leeches. 

Quote from: TigerLily on October 30, 2016, 11:34:13 PM
Just made it here in time to hear the opening chords of "The Chase". Hello fellow Knappsters. Nice gang of kooks n geeks here tonight. Great opening topic and I heard the Food of the Gods guy before. Very entertaining.

Great football today but my eyeballs feel like deflated footballs. And way to go Cubbies!

Hi, Tigerlily.  Great to see you too!  :D  Hi to GS, MFM and all the others too. ;D

TigerLily

Quote from: ShayP on October 30, 2016, 11:15:17 PM

+1 +1 ... now which silkie jammies should I slip into? Black for Halloween

I gotta admit George Noory does a pretty good pitch for the Sleep Number Mattress.

ItsOver

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on October 30, 2016, 11:40:44 PM
I gotta admit George Noory does a pretty good pitch for the Sleep Number Mattress.
Maybe he was fantasizing about The Numbers Lady when he did it.