• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Knapp

Started by ArtBellFan, April 27, 2008, 09:05:01 AM

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on August 29, 2020, 01:43:15 PM
After hearing his reaction to some of those calls, we now know why we seldom hear Knapp on Friday night.
Indeed. Even after he pleas for potential callers to bring their A game, keep it civil, remain on subject, and such.

But l like the strange, deluded, and just plain batshit crazy callers. If they seem to relatively safe and not immediate danger to themselves or others. Though at times I do pause and wonder about the safety in having about all these people, especially truckers, and even police, in large vehicles who are driving around with such 'interesting' experiences, sightings, and beliefs!

Morgus

There was also a caller last night who asked Knapp about his biggest memory of Art Bell.
Knapp told a bit of his history with Art, including his participation in the early Sunday night show "Area 2000" the predecessor to Dreamland.
He also introduced Art to Bob Bigelow.
Knapp mentioned he found the full taped interview he did with Art around 2013 when he was starting the Sirus/XM radio show "Dark Matter"
Knapp said Art quit that show after a couple weeks, but I thought it was after maybe a couple months?

albrecht

Quote from: Morgus on August 29, 2020, 03:00:26 PM
There was also a caller last night who asked Knapp about his biggest memory of Art Bell.
Knapp told a bit of his history with Art, including his participation in the early Sunday night show "Area 2000" the predecessor to Dreamland.
He also introduced Art to Bob Bigelow.
Knapp mentioned he found the full taped interview he did with Art around 2013 when he was starting the Sirus/XM radio show "Dark Matter"
Knapp said Art quit that show after a couple weeks, but I thought it was after maybe a couple months?
Someone has released a few "Area2000" shows on youtube. The show was underwritten by Bigelow and they clearly announce it. I wasn't aware that Knapp was the one who introduced Art to Bigelow. I forget all the details on the new show(s) because the quittenings and drama get cluttered. Someone needs to do a spreadsheet.

Interview here: 
http://binnallofamerica.com/boaa11.23.8.html

Jackstar

Quote from: Morgus on August 29, 2020, 03:00:26 PM

It always seemed clear to me, that Art had decided to quit Dark Matter after the first day, but stuck it out for a bit longer out of either obligation or steadily dwindling hope. Same thing, really.

Jackstar

Quote from: albrecht on August 29, 2020, 02:09:27 PM
Indeed. Even after he pleas for potential callers to bring their A game, keep it civil, remain on subject, and such.

I ordered pizza, beer, and cough syrup and completely forgot all about listening to his plantation's owners' lies. Scusi, mille regrette.

Silphion

Quote from: Morgus on August 29, 2020, 06:13:55 PM
Knapp referred to this article last night:
https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-features/aliens-real-ufo-area-51-nevada-pentagon-history-1046067/

𝑀𝑒𝑟𝑐𝑖 𝑏𝑒𝑎𝑢𝑐𝑜𝑢𝑝

George also mentioned he was a friend of John Barbour whose work he complimented:
https://archive.org/details/JfkAssassinationTheJimGarrisonTapes

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Silphion on August 29, 2020, 06:25:55 PM
𝑀𝑒𝑟𝑐𝑖 𝑏𝑒𝑎𝑢𝑐𝑜𝑢𝑝

George also mentioned he was a friend of John Barbour whose work he complimented:
https://archive.org/details/JfkAssassinationTheJimGarrisonTapes

Barbour was the guest Noory booted/banned from C2C for racist remarks. 

Jackstar

Quote from: Uncle Duke on August 29, 2020, 07:17:21 PMbooted/banned from C2C for racist remarks.

Humans are petty.

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on August 29, 2020, 07:17:21 PM
Yep. As I recall he was trying to make some point but did so in a manner not approved or understood by Norry or iHate. Barbour's first "hit" was "Its Tough to be White" but Norry, I guess, didn't do any research to expect some 'controversial,' satirical content. 

He has been on with Rense several times since then.

http://www.trineday.com/paypal_store/product_pages/9781634242462-Your_Mothers_Not_a_Virgin/index.html 

http://mediaarchives.gsradio.net/rense/special/rense_012519_hr3.mp3 

https://blog.wfmu.org/freeform/2008/07/the-philosophy.html

"John Barbour was a Canadian comedian that moved to America in the early sixties. The crux of his act, on this album at least, dealt with civil rights issues. His liberal stance endeared him to African-American comics like Dick Gregory and Redd Foxx and both considered him a good friend."

Jackstar

Quote from: Uncle Duke on August 29, 2020, 07:23:47 PM
That they are, son.

Can we fix that with a few of those $14,000 hammers? Surely there's a couple more lying around, right? I can take delivery most any Friday.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: albrecht on August 29, 2020, 07:23:22 PM
Yep. As I recall he was trying to make some point but did so in a manner not approved or understood by Norry or iHate. Barbour's first "hit" was "Its Tough to be White" but Norry, I guess, didn't do any research to expect some 'controversial,' satirical content. 

He has been on with Rense several times since then.

http://www.trineday.com/paypal_store/product_pages/9781634242462-Your_Mothers_Not_a_Virgin/index.html 

http://mediaarchives.gsradio.net/rense/special/rense_012519_hr3.mp3 

https://blog.wfmu.org/freeform/2008/07/the-philosophy.html

"John Barbour was a Canadian comedian that moved to America in the early sixties. The crux of his act, on this album at least, dealt with civil rights issues. His liberal stance endeared him to African-American comics like Dick Gregory and Redd Foxx and both considered him a good friend."

He was talking about one of his cohosts on "Real People," Byron Allen.  He talking about how stupid he was, and called him a "nigger" in the process.   It was probably 3-4 years ago.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Jackstar on August 29, 2020, 07:28:07 PM
Can we fix that with a few of those $14,000 hammers? Surely there's a couple more lying around, right? I can take delivery most any Friday.

Don't know, never saw one.  I did see a $600 toilet seat, however.  You should looking up the "Perry Directive" sometime, issued in 94 by SecDef William Perry. 

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Uncle Duke on August 29, 2020, 07:17:21 PM

John Barbour on ABC?

Silphion

George has a 𝑙𝑖𝑣𝑒 𝑜𝑛𝑒 - raving YT zealot  "UFO Jesus" Ryan Robbins.

albrecht

The 68 year old lady called in, again, and told her bizarre tale when many decades ago she lived with her mother and 'they pretty much kept alone.' One day a man showed up on a motorcycle in cutoffs and she got on the bike. He drove her to a building (on a reservation?) turned around and told her "I want to show you something." Ominous statement for the naive girl who randomly got on a bike with a mysterious stranger. Anyway he proceed to grab the tall building and climb up the building with rapid speed and then fly off it. He returned and his eyes were all black and he informed her that he had strange blood. Knapp said "I think you've told us this before" and went to a break.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Silphion on September 21, 2020, 01:36:40 AM
George has a 𝑙𝑖𝑣𝑒 𝑜𝑛𝑒 - raving YT zealot  "UFO Jesus" Ryan Robbins.

Robbins described himself perfectly, "I'm a lunatic who rants on YouTube."

Uncle Duke

Knapp really screwed the pooch last night attempting to push his Skinwalker Ranch meal ticket narrative.  Repeatedly the guest, who had worked security at the ranch, responded he'd seen none of the weird things Knapp kept saying were commonplace.  When Knapp asked him the weirdest thing he saw, he said he saw a strange light that turned out to be a "falling star." The best the poor guy could muster for Knapp was odd feelings like he was being watched, and thinking he saw some unusual canine type varmints for which he could find no footprints and did not show up on photos he took.  Knapp also seemed disappointed the other guest in this segment, an art museum director who's going to do an exhibition of the security guy's Skinwalker photographs,  wasn't the least bit concerned none of the photos to be displayed showed anything of a woo woo nature, and seemed to have zero interest in such things himself.  Poor Knapp.

Anyone else notice caller "Cosmic Steve" last night?  He claimed to be a GSL brineshrimper who saw a large group of bucks walking around on their hind legs, and that his friend saw a Bigfoot get out of a landed UFO. Knapp cut him off as he was blathering away about his dog disappearing in an airplane.  This was the same guy who within the past couple months told the long alien encounter story that ended with the ET wanting a purple slurpee.  I can't remember who the host and guest were that call, but he's on a roll in getting past the screener and trickfucking C2C.

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on September 28, 2020, 05:30:20 PM
Knapp really screwed the pooch last night attempting to push his Skinwalker Ranch meal ticket narrative.  Repeatedly the guest, who had worked security at the ranch, responded he'd seen none of the weird things Knapp kept saying were commonplace.  When Knapp asked him the weirdest thing he saw, he said he saw a strange light that turned out to be a "falling star." The best the poor guy could muster for Knapp was odd feelings like he was being watched, and thinking he saw some unusual canine type varmints for which he could find no footprints and did not show up on photos he took.  Knapp also seemed disappointed the other guest in this segment, an art museum director who's going to do an exhibition of the security guy's Skinwalker photographs,  wasn't the least bit concerned none of the photos to be displayed showed anything of a woo woo nature, and seemed to have zero interest in such things himself.  Poor Knapp.

Anyone else notice caller "Cosmic Steve" last night?  He claimed to be a GSL brineshrimper who saw a large group of bucks walking around on their hind legs, and that his friend saw a Bigfoot get out of a landed UFO. Knapp cut him off as he was blathering away about his dog disappearing in an airplane.  This was the same guy who within the past couple months told the long alien encounter story that ended with the ET wanting a purple slurpee.  I can't remember who the host and guest were that call, but he's on a roll in getting past the screener and trickfucking C2C.
Yeah, Knapp seemed disappointed that just nice photographs of the high desert could be interesting or art. Don't forget the guy finally admitted that it felt like "something came home with him" but he also poo-pooed Knapps leading questions with the excuse that many people who come from cities and aren't familiar with nature or being alone would be spooked being alone outside. I liked "Cosmic Steve" and his dog Titus and was laughing when Knapp cut him off. Looked up GLS Shrimper and it doesn't sound like a fun job. But it led to maybe him getting through the screener? 

"Shore Harvesters are generally scheduled to work seven (7) days per week and approximately fourteen (14) hours per day. Day off requests and/or schedule exceptions must be approved by the Shore Harvest Manager. Transportation to and from the harvest sites will be provided by the Company. Food and lodging for Harvest Employees are also provided by the Company."   
https://recruiting.myapps.paychex.com/appone/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=3053530

Uncle Duke

Quote from: albrecht on September 28, 2020, 06:03:58 PM
Yeah, Knapp seemed disappointed that just nice photographs of the high desert could be interesting or art. Don't forget the guy finally admitted that it felt like "something came home with him" but he also poo-pooed Knapps leading questions with the excuse that many people who come from cities and aren't familiar with nature or being alone would be spooked being alone outside. I liked "Cosmic Steve" and his dog Titus and was laughing when Knapp cut him off. Looked up GLS Shrimper and it doesn't sound like a fun job. But it led to maybe him getting through the screener? 

"Shore Harvesters are generally scheduled to work seven (7) days per week and approximately fourteen (14) hours per day. Day off requests and/or schedule exceptions must be approved by the Shore Harvest Manager. Transportation to and from the harvest sites will be provided by the Company. Food and lodging for Harvest Employees are also provided by the Company."   
https://recruiting.myapps.paychex.com/appone/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=3053530

Yeah, I used to visit the lake occasionally during my trips to Hill AFB.  You'd see those shrimpers out there on what looked like flat bottomed boats.  Between the heat of the day and the stench from the lake, I don't know how those guys did it. 

I look forward to hearing Steve and/or any of his future incarnations.  He must be a damn sight more normal sounding while being screened than he does once he's on the air.  He's got a very recognizable voice, sort of a not so manic Bobcat Goldthwait.  Do you remember who the host/guest was when he did the slurpee loving alien bit?  I thought it was Knapp and Corbell, but I can't any posts about that call.  I know there were a few of us who commented, however.

Morgus

Quote from: Uncle Duke on September 28, 2020, 05:30:20 PM
I remember that slurpee caller, that was a night where Jimmy Church was guest hosting...

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Morgus on September 28, 2020, 07:12:58 PM
I remember that slurpee caller, that was a night where Jimmy Church was guest hosting...

Yep.  Thanks Mogus

https://bellgab.com/index.php?topic=5583.msg1406846#msg1406846

albrecht

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2020-10-18-show/

Interesting show. Knapp should know that Marcus Aurelius wasn't just a politician but an important philosopher on his own. Knapp seemed surprised that he would be initiated and visit the site along with the more "academic" others, as Knapp called them. Guest's book has a forward by Graham Hancock. I'm not sure if that is a good or bad thing. I enjoy him as a C2C guest but it might, to the wider community, make his book have less credibility.

ItsOver

Knapp is “blessed” with a woo woman witch for the second guest.  He asks the woo woman witch if she has “witch” on her business card.   :D

pate

Quote from: albrecht on October 19, 2020, 12:12:13 PM
... Marcus Aurelius ...

Is that the one guy who wrote that one book that the Jesuit English teacher used to quote from>?

I don't think they the "hobo elite" were done weeding out heretical thought at the thyme of its authorship...

Nautical Shore.

-p

ediot: pesky Mandelbrot Affect again;  I would have sworn Aurelius was among the "Great Books" series... huh.

Uncle Duke

That first guest last night had his nose so far up Knapp's ass I'm surprised he didn't need supplemental oxygen.

albrecht

Quote from: pate on November 23, 2020, 03:53:40 AM
Is that the one guy who wrote that one book that the Jesuit English teacher used to quote from>?

I don't think they the "hobo elite" were done weeding out heretical thought at the thyme of its authorship...

Nautical Shore.

-p

ediot: pesky Mandelbrot Affect again;  I would have sworn Aurelius was among the "Great Books" series... huh.
Probably. "Meditations" is a great work. Interestingly increasingly popular today with Corona-Chan, economy, political unrest, and what-not. Though I think not people reading it but pop-philosophers cribbing from it.

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on November 23, 2020, 09:36:28 AM
That first guest last night had his nose so far up Knapp's ass I'm surprised he didn't need supplemental oxygen.
The "Ready Player One" guy? I never saw the movie or read his book but I guess it made him some money, so good for him. Small town guy from Ohio writes a book and makes it big, and with an old-school name of Ernest. I think he lives here now- with some others who we thought were loser gamers back in school and are now millionaires.  :(

Confirmed that he lives here now. But good he is supporting our local bookstore. I hope he voted against our recent bond- that passed- and not Biden -who apparently won- if he is driving that DeLorean in our traffic and soon to be higher gas prices. On the good side we haven't had rain in forever so no rust problems for him.

albrecht

Some good callers. I liked the second guest who had new news about some Dr. Roger Leir's implants- one that was biological! In the right-hand side of the body of a stewardess. Normally implants are on the left-hand side of the body but those are usually metallic. Someone was never billed for a procedure of nasal removal and gynecological issues due to insertions! Some were sent to a lab that came across the galaxy and represented a civilization or something. Leprechaun talk also. Owl visitations. I think she is Vegas based now.  Knapp get up on that.