• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Knapp

Started by ArtBellFan, April 27, 2008, 09:05:01 AM

Zenman

Aha! So here you all are!

Lolz, zeeb.

Nuclear talk. Cool. I'm in the mood for some sciency type stuff so it looks like maybe I'm in the right place. Politics is ok but I'm kinda RTed out at the moment.

TigerLily

Quote from: albrecht on June 18, 2017, 11:55:28 PM
Recently ive the phenomena of friends n family moving. Odd thing is, unless hires special shippers, no liquods allowed. And people downsizing. So now I have, due to my "dont throw out ill take it" frugality,  have much crap. But some.gems of $$ champagne amongst half bottles of Tia-Maria and bitters. Some good Scotch with some half-finished pre-made Margarita n Collins mix. The garden n bug stuff- some likely now illegal. Also take all kinds of tools. Hkw many friggin shovels and random jars of screws do I need??!

Try a lab experiment. Mix it all together and ... enjoy! Except the $$ champagne. I will take that off your hands if you want

TigerLily

Quote from: Zenman on June 18, 2017, 11:57:37 PM
Aha! So here you all are!

Lolz, zeeb.

Nuclear talk. Cool. I'm in the mood for some sciency type stuff so it looks like maybe I'm in the right place. Politics is ok but I'm kinda RTed out at the moment.

Hi Zen. albrecht is mixing drinks

Nebraska888

Quote from: zeebo on June 18, 2017, 11:56:02 PM
I have it down to a science - 4 mins. before the top of the hour to 11 mins. after = 15 mins which is ample time for my famous super-nachos plate.

Yep, your math is perfect.  This author about J. Allen H. is very good.  I am enjoying this interview. 

ShayP

So now I have, due to my "dont throw out ill take it" frugality,  have much crap...... How many friggin shovels and random jars of screws do I need??!

Oh this makes me laugh so much.  ;D  I recall a time when I looked in my garage and wondered why I have all this shit.  LOL!  Jars upon jars, and coffee cans of screws, nails, fittings, washers, and like you... many shovels.  LMAO!   I'm glad since my divorce years back I developed a minimalist mentality.  Though I still have a storage unit full of stuff I don't even remember.  ;)

Recently ive the phenomena of friends n family moving. Odd thing is, unless hires special shippers, no liquods allowed. And people downsizing. So now I have, due to my "dont throw out ill take it" frugality,  have much crap. But some.gems of $$ champagne amongst half bottles of Tia-Maria and bitters. Some good Scotch with some half-finished pre-made Margarita n Collins mix. The garden n bug stuff- some likely now illegal. Also take all kinds of tools. Hkw many friggin shovels and random jars of screws do I need??!
I guarantee you, as soon as you toss those screws, you'll need them.  ;)

ShayP

....which is ample time for my famous super-nachos plate.

I want to go there.

Zenman

Quote from: TigerLily on June 19, 2017, 12:00:53 AM
Hi Zen. albrecht is mixing drinks

Hi TL, Dos Equis here of course. If I remember right, Knapp is only on about once in a fortnight or so, so this is kind of a notable night, no?

TigerLily

Quote from: Zenman on June 19, 2017, 12:07:26 AM
Hi TL, Dos Equis here of course. If I remember right, Knapp is only on about once in a fortnight or so, so this is kind of a notable night, no?

Yes. Every third and fourth Sunday, I believe.  Weird to have a weekend selection now with Hoagie's return

ShayP

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on June 19, 2017, 12:05:49 AM

I had a jar of screws since 1991.  I opened it once to look for something to mount a wreath or something during the holidays.  That was it.  I threw it out in 2012.  ;)

albrecht

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on June 19, 2017, 12:05:49 AM
Yep! And even maybe some odd situatiion where a half-bottle of Angortaeta Bitters might be used? With the hipster and yuppie real estate prices one never knows. Old school is cool again! Saving the champagne for TL. Haha.

TigerLily

Quote from: albrecht on June 19, 2017, 12:11:35 AM
Yep! And even maybe some odd situatiion where a half-bottle of Angortaeta Bitters might be used? With the hipster and yuppie real estate prices one never knows. Old school is cool again! Saving the champagne for TL. Haha.

Thanks!

Zenman

Quote from: TigerLily on June 19, 2017, 12:10:34 AM
Yes. Every third and fourth Sunday, I believe.  Weird to have a weekend selection now with Hoagie's return

Hard to get into a rhythm with that kind of a schedule. But he is worth marking on the calendar.

GravitySucks

Fun fact: 3 drops of. Bitters on a slice of lemon will cure every case of hiccups.

Zenman

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 19, 2017, 12:17:30 AM
Fun fact: 3 drops of. Bitters on a slice of lemon will cure every case of hiccups.

I'll try that. Do you eat it or squeeze it in your eye?

albrecht

Quote from: TigerLily on June 19, 2017, 12:14:17 AM
Thanks!
De Nada. Speaking of random subject. What do people now use for random screws, bolts, washers etc? Herring and babyfood still in glass jars to repurpose?

I've used lemon juice to cure hiccups for quite a while. It's the only thing that works consistently for me
Oh, most Bitters is 80 proof. ;)

WOTR

I have it down to a science - 4 mins. before the top of the hour to 11 mins. after = 15 mins which is ample time for my famous super-nachos plate.
I would happily take some of those off your hands.
It's funny you mention that... I presently am enjoying a Whiskey sour. It seems like the perfect companion for the soon to arrive nachos.  ;)

albrecht

Have to drink it upside down n have a buddy scare you?

Quote from: albrecht on June 19, 2017, 12:20:23 AM
De Nada. Speaking of random subject. What do people now use for random screws, bolts, washers etc? Herring and babyfood still in glass jars to repurpose?
Coffee cans are plastic now, but they still work..
I don't know if I'd call them cans anymore...      maybe containers.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Zenman on June 19, 2017, 12:20:04 AM
I'll try that. Do you eat it or squeeze it in your eye?

Lol. Just bite the lemon. Never seen it fail when I used to tend bar.

albrecht

Quote from: WOTR on June 19, 2017, 12:23:35 AM
I would happily take some of those off your hands.It's funny you mention that... I presently am enjoying a Whiskey sour. It seems like the perfect companion for the soon to arrive nachos.  ;)
Nachos go with anything.  Even a hipster having a Negroni. (Though that term of an old, storied drink might raise eye-brows, esp if niggardly with tip.)

ShayP

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on June 19, 2017, 12:25:16 AM
Coffee cans are plastic now, but they still work..
I don't know if I'd call them cans anymore...      maybe containers.

Stick with 'cans.'  ;)  It may seem retro, but we can do that.  We're not hipsters.  ;)

ShayP

Quote from: albrecht on June 19, 2017, 12:28:34 AM
Nachos go with anything.

TRUTH.  :)

Quote from: albrecht on June 19, 2017, 12:28:34 AM
...esp if niggardly with tip.)

I know of a guy who was fired for using that word during a symposium for Capital One.  IMO...unjustified, yet totally true.  :-\

albrecht

Quote from: ShayP on June 19, 2017, 12:33:16 AM
TRUTH.  :)

I know of a guy who was fired for using that word during a symposium for Capital One.  IMO...unjustified, yet totally true.  :-\
There was an "incident" during a D.C. govt meeting that involved same. Ridiculous.

Quote from: ShayP on June 19, 2017, 12:28:34 AM
Stick with 'cans.'  ;)  It may seem retro, but we can do that.  We're not hipsters.  ;)
Hunh, never thought of that. Good point.
(To me, cans just imply metal.)

Morgus

Too bad they run some Noory commercials during the breaks on the weekends, ruins the "Knapp" mood...

GravitySucks

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on June 19, 2017, 12:35:34 AM

Do you still dial your phone?

ShayP

Quote from: albrecht on June 19, 2017, 12:35:07 AM
There was an "incident" during a D.C. govt meeting that involved same. Ridiculous.

Yep.  Be punished for having a robust vocabulary.  It really is sad.

albrecht

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on June 19, 2017, 12:35:34 AM
Besides finding old stuff like card-catergory etc stuff like old herring etc glass work well. Cause metal lid and clear glass and can mount via lid.