• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell RE-STARTS Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, January 30, 2015, 06:30:35 PM

zeebo

Quote from: OldTimeRadio on January 30, 2015, 10:29:56 PM
Art will have just turned 70 by the time the new show is scheduled to air and jumping straight into another 5-night a week show (instead of starting something a little less-frequent) makes me think there's going to be another dramatic departure not too long after a dramatic re-entrance.  I love the guy.  I just don't want to see him get burned out or overwhelmed.  ....

As I've gotten older, what I've lost in stamina I've made up for with pure stubbornness.   Art may be just the right age to pull this off.   ;)

Also, obviously radio is his passion, and that I believe will drive him forward, especially since he'll have more freedom with the new setup.  I just have this feeling he's going to have alot more fun this time.  Go for it Art!   :D

popple

Could it be possible that more shows or more hours could even give Art more momentum? Just get in the groove and ride the wave~  8)

Delphi

Damn guys,  I think Art is smart enough to know how he feels and what he can handle. .. Its kind if insulting him by asking if he can handle what he has promised us. ..

Only he knows how he feels.. He knows his limits.. not any of us.

Wintermute

Five nights a week, a few hours a night is a lot of work for an indie. Hope he is up for that and the technical challenges. He will definitely need a producer and another person to chip in now and again. This announcement is much more commital which makes me feel better.

Hope it works out...

I have my doubts.

McZippie

Quote from: littlechris on January 30, 2015, 11:10:47 PM
Oooh!!

Stereo podcast for a small price?...........

Fu@k it!! I'm in!!

For everyone that is looking for ways to help Art out financially this is it!!!

My Netflix streaming cost like $9.00 a month for 30,000 movies that I have no interest in watching. I'd gladly pay that amount to be entertained by Art for 5 nights per week.

As to why Art may want us to hold off with  cyber blitz, he needs time to get his ducks in order. Like the many details for a paid stereo stream podcast. I'm thrilled that Art will have both a free and paid broadcast.

I'm hoping there will be a pocket c crane WiFi thingie and apple/android apps that are tied to my subscription Dark Matter account and allows me to play live and past broadcasts and other Dark Matter hosted shows. So guys like Baitman and MV's podcasts can also share in the revenues when I listen to their shows.

Yeah that's the ticket... I'll be a Dark Matter insider, with a special super secret Art Bell decoder ring... Awaiting your coded message, Art!

For non subscription listeners, youtube and internet radio with reliable streaming. And no decoder rings.

Delphi

I think Art should brand a good Coffee and call it Dark Matter.. I live coffee and would be all over this

lasertron

I hoping for a chance to sponsor the new show!

b_dubb

Quote from: Delphi on January 31, 2015, 01:00:29 PM
I think Art should brand a good Coffee and call it Dark Matter.. I live coffee and would be all over this
I like it.  It'd have to be a dark roast.  There was a place around here that made a "german roast" that was just like a french roast but with no bitterness.  As the time I drank dark roast exclusively.  I thought that was the best cup of coffee ever.  Haven't seen it since.

That'd make some outstanding Dark Matter.

aldousburbank

I be smoking me some Dark Matter
[attachimg=1]

b_dubb

Maybe Dark Matter is actually the combined effect of drinking amazing dark roast coffee and smoking  some insane herb?  I'll be your test subject.

dan7800

Art can make some extra $$$ by putting the old shows on Youtube and making some ad revenue.

I can see his listener base being relatively small, especially for the 1st few months. Like many people, I work beginning at around 7am EST, so staying up late enough to listen to the show is not really an option. I will listen to the show the next day while at work/before I go to bed, but I will likely only be able to listen to about 20% of the shows live.

I like the idea of an internet radio. I am not sure I'd buy it, my iPhone does the job just fine.

I am not very good with social media and making $$$, but I am guessing there are ways for Art to make some $$$ off the show (if he wants)

Daggit

Any Art Bell branded coffee has to be the type where the beans have been eaten and defecated by cats.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kopi_Luwak

Delphi

Quote from: b_dubb on January 31, 2015, 02:02:09 PM
I like it.  It'd have to be a dark roast.  There was a place around here that made a "german roast" that was just like a french roast but with no bitterness.  As the time I drank dark roast exclusively.  I thought that was the best cup of coffee ever.  Haven't seen it since.

That'd make some outstanding Dark Matter.
Hmm that German roast sounds Damn good.. Ill have to hunt down.

I like the dark matter bud looks yummy

cweb

Quote from: Scully on January 30, 2015, 10:28:15 PM
I noticed this in the long list of responses to Art's announcement on FB and thought it interesting:
[attachimg=1]
Paid podcast downloads? You mean I'm helping out the show AND I don't have to go through the extra effort to "acquire" them? Take my money now!

Seriously, I'm in.

dan7800

Quote from: cweb on January 31, 2015, 02:50:24 PM
Paid podcast downloads? You mean I'm helping out the show AND I don't have to go through the extra effort to "acquire" them? Take my money now!

Seriously, I'm in.

When you start asking people to pay, I think that will only lead to piracy. Give it away for free, but with ads in the Youtube player and things like that.

Art will need to grow his listener base, especially earlier on.

popple

Quote from: Daggit on January 31, 2015, 02:36:06 PM
Any Art Bell branded coffee has to be the type where the beans have been eaten and defecated by cats.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kopi_Luwak

Or a real yeti.

ItsOver

Quote from: Delphi on January 31, 2015, 02:36:30 PM
Hmm that German roast sounds Damn good.. Ill have to hunt down.

I like the dark matter bud looks yummy
I'm holding out for Hoagie Beans.  I'm hoping I'd end up with that same fine head of hair after a few cups.  Instead, I'd probably end up talking like him.

"Hoagie Beans coffee.  It's all in the data droppings!  MMMMM, good to the last 19.5!"

MV/Liberace!

GabCast tonight.  9PM Eastern, 6PM Pacific.  UFOShip.com/chat to listen.  Call the show at 623-242-CAST.

Dateline

When in doubt about the road to online media success, just follow the Falkie business model. ::)

Quote from: MV on January 31, 2015, 03:52:51 PM
GabCast tonight.  9PM Eastern, 6PM Pacific.  UFOShip.com/chat to listen.  Call the show at 623-242-CAST.

This should be interesting.

Diabhal

Hope Noory calls into the Gabcast again. Once this new venture is a free podcast nobody will get burnt with a subscription fee like last time I've no issue. Real lack of any good paranormal 'casts out there too.

pyewacket

Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 31, 2015, 06:52:16 PM
Pray for Goatsie

I must have missed all this. What does "Pray for Goatsie" mean?  :-[

Delphi

Heather Wade

Quote from: pyewacket on January 31, 2015, 07:07:27 PM
I must have missed all this. What does "Pray for Goatsie" mean?  :-[

From what has been implicated so far, you probably don't want to know.

b_dubb

Quote from: (Redacted) on January 31, 2015, 07:25:54 PM

From what has been implicated so far, you probably don't want to know.
This.  pyewacket doesn't want to know.

Cynnie

Quote from: aldousburbank on January 31, 2015, 02:18:39 PM
I be smoking me some Dark Matter
[attachimg=1]

Does that come in a brownie ?