• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

My Email To HostGator

Started by MV/Liberace!, January 15, 2015, 10:23:59 AM

MV/Liberace!

I've been a HostGator customer since 2006 and until now, I've had no reason to doubt the company. 

I rarely submit support tickets, but I recently had to because I was getting extremely long page load times on all of my sites.  The ticket went unanswered for almost 48 hours when I decided to give up on that and try the online chat system.  Queue time?  30 minutes.  Unacceptable. 

Keep in mind, at this point my websites had reached 3 days of what could essentially be considered downtime. 

I then called and held for approximately five minutes, which I think is an acceptable wait for a phone call, and the agent seems to have addressed my problems which is all great... but it doesn't make me forget this experience which has eroded my confidence in HG going forward. 

There are a zillion hosting companies out there, but I always turned to and recommended HostGator because I knew I could count on consistently solid support.  Support is the ONLY thing that can truly differentiate you from any other hosting company... not your logo or your pricing or your slogans.  Doesn't the company's leadership understand this?  It seems you guys are slipping, and it's a shame. 

jazmunda

Kelt

I've noticed this site actually timing out and redirecting me to 'Health' pages when I click links.

I thought my browser had been hijacked, but it only happened on Bellgab.

Something's up, no doubt.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Kelt on January 15, 2015, 11:25:08 AM
I've noticed this site actually timing out and redirecting me to 'Health' pages when I click links.

What link and what pages are you seeing? Screenshots, plz.

Juan

I've been a host gator customer for about the same length of time.  I had a problem and had even longer waits than you.  I'm looking around.

aldousburbank

I think that the gator dude might have overdone the colloidal silver. 

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Juan on January 15, 2015, 12:20:27 PM
I'm looking around.

as am i.  it's just that i don't want to make a mistake if/when i choose a replacement.  there are so many hosting companies to choose from, and you can't trust reviews because most of them are biased due to affiliate partnerships/payoffs/bullshit.

wr250

Quote from: aldousburbank on January 15, 2015, 01:00:34 PM
I think that the gator dude might have overdone the colloidal silver toomeric and carnivora.

fixed.

area51drone

Quote from: MV on January 15, 2015, 10:23:59 AM
I was getting extremely long page load times

Glad to know it wasn't just me.  I really thought it was my isp and I just upgraded right before your problems.

on all of my sites. 

Sites?  I know this site, you must have one for your day job business, but are you holding out on us MV?  Is there a Pro-Noory site you are secretly hosting to get ALL the love/hate Coast traffic?

MrMajestik

Quote from: Kelt on January 15, 2015, 11:25:08 AM

I've had the same thing happen to me the last several weeks, but I was not clicking on anything, just scrolling.
The websites seem to advertise something seen on the Dr. Oz show!

cweb

I too was experiencing longer-than-usual load times. At first, I suspected it was my laptop. But across several devices and interweb connections, the same result.

Loading seems ok at this time.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: cweb on January 15, 2015, 02:38:58 PM

Loading seems ok at this time.

yeah, it seems they've fixed it.  it's just that the path to getting there was a pain.

Heather Wade

Unacceptable customer service, I agree.  But, load times are much faster today.  Thanks for putting up with that shit so we can continue to document the suckage.

Kelt

Quote from: MrMajestik on January 15, 2015, 02:07:59 PM

I've had the same thing happen to me the last several weeks, but I was not clicking on anything, just scrolling.
The websites seem to advertise something seen on the Dr. Oz show!

Would redirect me any time I clicked on a firorum link

Looked up a fix thinking it was my browser, but the 'fix' was actually some scam that tried to get me basically giving pemission to hack my box...

Whoever it is is at it.

analog kid

I was just considering moving my domain name to hostgator.

Though my domain hasn't been used for anything in a while, and I'm using this free hosting service with no problems. The domain name is hosted at godaddy though, which I can't stand.

albrecht

For what it is worth. Ive had very slow connections. Odd redirects to health sites. And a generic "host gator." I just figured it was my browser, number of ignore post, or Obama's minions at work. Glad to see it wasn't.  ;D

Little Hater

I've been very happy for nine years with Total Choice Hosting (http://totalchoicehosting.com). Decent pricing and terrific support, and they don't pay anyone for steering business their way.

Also, there are several ways listed to contact the owner, Bill Kish, directly, including his office phone and cell phone numbers. I'm guessing that's not true of HostGator.

MV/Liberace!

HostGator's response:

Hello,

My name is Jessenia, and I am contacting you as a part of our customer outreach program. To begin, we'd like to offer our sincere apologies for the troubles as of late. Unfortunately our chat, ticket, and call queues have been very heavily inundated with customers requesting assistance following a recent security issue that affected a portion of our clients. This has caused wait times to spike to the highest levels we've experienced as a company, and we are sorry that we have failed in providing the speed of assistance that we and our customers have come to expect.

We apologize for the inconvenience, but tickets are being addressed in the order they are received as quickly as possible. Please note that multiple responses to the same ticket can potentially adjust your placement within the queue, and lead to prolonged delays. We apologize again for the extended wait times, but our efforts will continue stronger than ever in hopes of restoring the response times back to an acceptable level. If there are any questions or concerns that I can address, please let me know.

Kind Regards,

Jessenia G.
Customer Service Manager
HostGator.com LLC

As you can see, it's a big pile of meh. Protip: don't EVER say "We apologize for any inconvenience" when communicating with your customers. It's empty and reflexive.

jazmunda

Quote from: MV on January 16, 2015, 04:39:03 PM
HostGator's response:

Quote from: Jess from HostgatorHello,

My name is Jessenia, and I am contacting you as a part of our customer outreach program. To begin, we'd like to offer our sincere apologies for the troubles as of late. Unfortunately our chat, ticket, and call queues have been very heavily inundated with customers requesting assistance following a recent security issue that affected a portion of our clients. This has caused wait times to spike to the highest levels we've experienced as a company, and we are sorry that we have failed in providing the speed of assistance that we and our customers have come to expect.

We apologize for the inconvenience, but tickets are being addressed in the order they are received as quickly as possible. Please note that multiple responses to the same ticket can potentially adjust your placement within the queue, and lead to prolonged delays. We apologize again for the extended wait times, but our efforts will continue stronger than ever in hopes of restoring the response times back to an acceptable level. If there are any questions or concerns that I can address, please let me know.

Kind Regards,

Jessenia G.
Customer Service Manager
HostGator.com LLC

As you can see, it's a big pile of meh. Protip: don't EVER say "We apologize for any inconvenience" when communicating with your customers. It's empty and reflexive.

Fucking Jess!

wr250

Quote from: MV on January 16, 2015, 04:39:03 PM
HostGator's response:

thats nothing. try applying for insurance on healthcare.gov . about 1/2 hour into it i get a "our serrvers cant communicate with the other servers to verify you id. please try again later".

so i wait until the next day, get almost done and then get a "we are sorry but our server has experienced an error. please log out then login again" . i did so and got to start over again.

so i said "f this ill call". so i called. "your expected wait time is in excess of 30 minutes" .

fuck them and their stupid health care crap. if your going to force me into it, you need to provide easy and timely service. not "our server has experienced an error" (which perhaps once would be fine, not 3 times) and more staff to man the phones.
i dont have the patience to keep up with that crap.
i will pay the fine and forward all bills to the white house.

Juan

Actually, there was a huge attack at the end of December through a popular plugin on Wordpress sites.  I think their answer is legitimate as far as it goes, but if you're swamped, you bring in more contractors - not take a week to answer a ticket, as was my case.

Kelt

There's no need for Obamacare.

If you have cash then you simply take out an insurance policy.

If you don't have cash then you simply sell everything you own in order to pay the medical bills, or go die in a ditch.

And if you don't like it you can always go live in North Korea.

albrecht

Quote from: MV on January 16, 2015, 11:18:06 PM
I blame Malia.
I won't blame children adopted from Morocco. It was not their choice and certainly an elite, Quaker-run private school is better than some school over there. And even if Michael doesn't let them eat tasty food I'm sure it is better fair than they would be eating in Africa (like that poor brother of Obama is.)

wr250

Quote from: Kelt on January 17, 2015, 04:57:49 PM
There's no need for Obamacare.
go die in a ditch.

thats my plan