• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

My Email To HostGator

Started by MV/Liberace!, January 15, 2015, 10:23:59 AM

albrecht

Quote from: wr250 on January 17, 2015, 06:06:44 PM
thats my plan
Luckily you will be able to die in a ditch because of amnesty and the Obama doctrine of open-border policy. Precious illegals doing jobs Americans won't...like digging ditches.

Quote from: MV on January 15, 2015, 11:31:44 AM
What link and what pages are you seeing? Screenshots, plz.

This happened to me twice as well, on firefox. I will grab shots screenshots if I see it again. It happened about one week ago.

b_dubb

Quote from: analog kid on January 17, 2015, 07:31:06 PM
This thread went nuclear.
It's my fault. I made a political joke.
Now everyone is foaming at the mouth,

Catsmile

Quote from: b_dubb on January 17, 2015, 11:50:06 PM
It's my fault. I made a political joke.
Now everyone is foaming at the mouth,

Meh... 2 b fair they were already foaming at the mouth.
They are just doing in this thread nao.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on January 17, 2015, 08:09:04 PM
This happened to me twice as well, on firefox. I will grab shots screenshots if I see it again. It happened about one week ago.

Thanks.

littlechris

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on January 17, 2015, 08:09:04 PM

I was being redirected to a Dr.Oz and Ellen Degeneres ad/site. I even ran malwarebytes and hitman and it was still redirecting me to the filth. It's not doing it anymore though.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: littlechris on January 19, 2015, 12:21:30 AM
I was being redirected to a Dr.Oz and Ellen Degeneres ad/site. I even ran malwarebytes and hitman and it was still redirecting me to the filth. It's not doing it anymore though.

hostgator was having a problem with the server this forum resides on, meaning hundreds of sites were affected.  of course, nobody has given me any specific info as to what the problem was, but i wonder if these redirects are related to it.  it all happened at the same time, it seems.

Quote from: littlechris on January 19, 2015, 12:21:30 AM

I have had this happen too. Generally happen on mobile devices.

b_dubb

I'be been using GoDaddy for hosting most sites. Looking for any suggestions. Especially any that provide a good package resellers.

I was leaning towards hostgator.

Juan

Total choice hosting is about 5x more expensive than hostgator.  Everything seems to be working now so I guess I'll stay.

b_dubb

I had question for Hostgator after waiting to chat with a rep (probably a bot) for 20 minutes I have decided to stay put.

Quote from: b_dubb on January 22, 2015, 09:07:49 PM
I had question for Hostgator after waiting to chat with a rep (probably a bot) for 20 minutes I have decided to stay put.

Ecch, I'll bite.  Why?

b_dubb

Quote from: FearBoysWithBugs on January 22, 2015, 10:11:59 PM
Ecch, I'll bite.  Why?
Cause if they can't get their shit together to sell a new hosting account they probably can't get it together when a server/cluster is fubar'ed

albrecht

Trying to connect to Bellgab during Gabcast last night I got the "host gator" generic page. Just now I got a screen to this website (that mentioned I needed to install flash":
https://softwareupdaterlp.com/campaign/queenshop7/?ID=trillmstrcpi2&sub=trillmstrcpi2&S2=wFT51DF6PTR1LAOHGEU7EOL8

cweb

Quote from: albrecht on January 28, 2015, 12:55:05 PM
Trying to connect to Bellgab during Gabcast last night I got the "host gator" generic page. Just now I got a screen to this website (that mentioned I needed to install flash":
https://softwareupdaterlp.com/campaign/queenshop7/?ID=trillmstrcpi2&sub=trillmstrcpi2&S2=wFT51DF6PTR1LAOHGEU7EOL8
I had this issue about 90 minutes ago when trying to access page 3 of the "First World Problems" thread. Page 4 loaded fine, as did other threads. Very strange...

b_dubb

Listening to Podcast UFO's latest episode and the host just went off about what a disappointment HostGator has been over the last week. Maybe HG is in the middle of meltdown / death spiral

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: b_dubb on January 28, 2015, 11:48:29 PM
Listening to Podcast UFO's latest episode and the host just went off about what a disappointment HostGator has been over the last week. Maybe HG is in the middle of meltdown / death spiral

They were bought out a while back. I think that's where the decline started.

littlechris

Quote from: albrecht on January 28, 2015, 12:55:05 PM

Same happened to me yesterday. Same page. I assumed it was on my end.

pate

Quote from: jazmunda on January 15, 2015, 11:21:56 AM
You are aware that George is the blue gator?

* Image credit Camazotz Automat

hear twinkie yarns g'lator;

nauticle shore?

Juan

I switched to hostingmatters.com a couple of years ago. Great service so far.

MV/Liberace!

Ah, yes, HostGator. I remember those days. I think they were bought by someone which was when things began imploding.

WOTR

Quote from: Liberace! on November 07, 2019, 10:26:37 PM
Ah, yes, HostGator. I remember those days. I think they were bought by someone which was when things began imploding.
Sort of like when MV sold Bellgab to that character Liberace? Things have just never been the same.  :'(  :P

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: WOTR on November 09, 2019, 11:39:20 PM
Sort of like when MV sold Bellgab to that character Liberace? Things have just never been the same.  :'(  :P

That is incorrect. BellGab was sold to the Chinese government.

Jackstar

Quote from: Liberace! on November 10, 2019, 12:11:07 AM
BellGab was sold to the Chinese government.

The joke's on them--I doubt there's one intact liver amongst us.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Jackstar on November 10, 2019, 12:12:57 AM
The joke's on them--I doubt there's one intact liver amongst us.

Not after the Chinese had a say in the matter.  No.

https://bit.ly/33AuD4F

WOTR

Quote from: Liberace! on November 10, 2019, 02:18:42 AM
Not after the Chinese had a say in the matter.  No.

https://bit.ly/33AuD4F

Strange how we used to think back to Heir and Burke with some degree of horror. A couple of decent chaps just trying to make a buck is no match for a superpower making millions.

I don't know if you have ever seen their execution vehicles. They look quite efficient for a medical butcher.

Juan

Quote from: Liberace! on November 10, 2019, 12:11:07 AM
That is incorrect. BellGab was sold to the Chinese government.
White Crow is the Chinese government? No wonder he was able to give away those shirts or hoodies or whatever.