• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Why isn't Art doing Ghost To Ghost this year?!

Started by DoubleAgent, October 25, 2008, 03:55:53 PM

DoubleAgent

I thought Art had agreed that one of the few times he would do a regular show would be for Ghost To Ghost and the New Year predictions. I've listened to almost every GTG since 1998. It became a tradition for me. Well now that George Snoory is doing Ghost To Ghost this year, I am going to have to end that tradition as ol' Mushmouth is just too unlistenable for a show of this level.  :'(

Like we were talking about in another thread, he may not be Art - but I wouldn't mind George Knapp doing G2G this year.

JC

I'd take a howler monkey over Snoory. Anyone...or anything.....please!

It's pure speculation on my part, but I think Mr. Bell is fed up and he's pouting. He knows Snoory is a no talent hack, yet the show is still popular and a big money maker. Bell never had the highest work ethic in broacasting, so why hassle it when your feeling for the way the show is going these days has turned to contempt.

EvB

QuoteWell now that George Snoory is doing Ghost To Ghost this year, I am going to have to end that tradition as ol' Mushmouth is just too unlistenable for a show of this level.  :'(

Rumor has it that Art has been traveling with his family, and is out of the country. Who knows what's up?  Maybe it's just that simple - he's traveling.  Maybe he's just so sick of it he doesn't give a crap, Maybe it's some kind of ploy for some reason I can't imagine.  Maybe he doesn't really have a contract - just a a verbal "likely" kind of statement. After all - no one I've heard or read has said those words: "Breech of Contract."

Go figure.

Spikegirl

Well, I for one am not going to listen to the Snoron bore us all to tears with his drivel. No doubt it will be a suck-ass-fest with his "celebrity friends" telling us boring ghost stories or whatever the hell Snorry has in store for us. He's a pathetic starfucker, who thinks we are all like him. He FUBAR'ed Coast to Coast on a nightly basis, and now he wants to FUBAR Ghost to Ghost.

Thanks Premrad, you douchebags.

DrKillinger

I thought Art owed the company one final show on his contract, and Ghost to Ghost would be it? Crap, did I miss his final show?

Charles

Ghost-to-Ghost w/George Noory
George Noory hosts the 2008 Halloween broadcast of Ghost-to-Ghost, with callers sharing their spookiest stories.

This going to be a trainwreck of biblical proportions ... George just took the best part of Halloween and wiped his rear with it. UHG!

You got it, Charles. Unless the callers are spectacular..(which they rarely are, even with Art)..this is going to be the lamest G2G ever.

Noory quotes to listen for during Ghost to Ghost:

"Wow, that's spooky!"

"Were you scared?!"

"Could it have been an angel?"

"Could it have been a demon?"

"Could it have been an alien?"

"Could it have been an extra-dimensional being?"

"Could it have been an extra-dimensional alien angel-demon?"

"Wow, That was spooky!"

Quote from: Pirate King Atomsk on October 28, 2008, 06:15:48 AM
You got it, Charles. Unless the callers are spectacular..(which they rarely are, even with Art)..this is going to be the lamest G2G ever.

Noory quotes to listen for during Ghost to Ghost:

"Wow, that's spooky!"

"Were you scared?!"

"Could it have been an angel?"

"Could it have been a demon?"

"Could it have been an alien?"

"Could it have been an extra-dimensional being?"

"Could it have been an extra-dimensional alien angel-demon?"

"Wow, That was spooky!"

You forgot one - "Was it wearing a hat?"

Spikegirl

Quote from: PhantasticSanShiSan on October 28, 2008, 02:21:17 PM
You forgot one - "Was it wearing a hat?"
Could it be evil? (he holds his breath and hopes the guest says yes)

Erasmus

This isn't the first time George Noory will host "Ghost to Ghost"; he filled in for art in 2002.  I listened to it a few weeks ago after downloading it from a Coast to Coast archive site, and strangely I don't remember it very well.  I must have tuned out most of his droning on. 

Despite the fact it will most likely suck rotten eggs, I will tune into Ghost to Ghost this year like I have done so many years before, hoping - though not expecting - to find even an infinitesimal portion of the qualities that Art Bell brought to the Halloween show. 

Art had a way of drawing both the caller and the listener in and relating to them; even the weaker stories people told turned out better because of Art Bell.  Aside from that, he really seemed to enjoy this particular annual event; he genuinely seemed to revel in being scared by some of the stories, and I think it a crying shame he is leaving this particular show in George Noory's most incapable hands. 

Noory simply does not have the ability to do the same thing.  Noory never really adds to a discussion, and he certainly never seems to become engaged in anything other than his own hubris and his list of inane questions, which he seems to read off during every interview.  They are always read in the same doofy way which belies that he never really shows any attention to what his guests or his callers have to say unless their sentence is spoken whilst their lips are pressed firmly onto his middle-aged ass cheek. (Sorry for the visual)

All that being said, I'm sure I'll listen next year and the year after and so on even if every Ghost to Ghost from now until 2012 (little joke) is hosted by Noory (big joke), the only difference will be that instead of Ghost to Ghost being something I devote attention to, I will begin to keep my lights on during the show and surf the web or find some other thing to do while the drivel Noory will be spouting streams along as background noise to which I will pay little to no attention.  In essence, it will end up being like Coast to Coast pretty much every other day of the year. 

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Erasmus on October 30, 2008, 03:40:20 AM
...I will begin to keep my lights on during the show and surf the web or find some other thing to do while the drivel Noory will be spouting streams along as background noise to which I will pay little to no attention.
i think you have accurately encapsulated the way all of us feel about the show today.  it's just ambient background noise to prevent having to hear the toilet flush down the hall.  it's not something i could actively listen to.  about the only person i know who DOES actively listen is meegle who does so for the purpose of his daily "verbal manglings" rundown which he posts on this site when he can muster the will to suffer through a broadcast.

welcome to gns, by the way.  post often.

I plan on listening to see how bad Noory fucks it up! ;)

Charles

First Hour: Researcher Pat Fitzhugh discusses the infamous case of the 'Bell Witch.'

Figures ... the ass hat can't even do a full show of Ghost to Ghost with callers ... pathetic loser.

Spikegirl

Quote from: Charles on October 31, 2008, 04:36:57 PM
First Hour: Researcher Pat Fitzhugh discusses the infamous case of the 'Bell Witch.'

Figures ... the ass hat can't even do a full show of Ghost to Ghost with callers ... pathetic loser.

The guest will most likely be the highlight of the evening, if I know Snoory and his show caller interviewing skills.

Charles

He'll probably end the show by playing his stupid recording of him reading The Raven by Edgar Allan Poe. George you suck dude ... move over and give someone with talent a chance to bring coast back to life.

redmartian

Nah, he'll end it with that Weird Al copycat song.  That will be fricken scary.

Well, I listened last night, for about 45 minutes. That is all I could take. The callers for the most part sounded so disappointed when George took their call. Way to go George, thanks for ruining the best radio show in history. You are an amateur with you swarmy delivery. They ought to fill up your hole you loser with the rest of the gophers that are way down below the earth.

redmartian

I fell asleep and woke up to Booring trying to sell me on Lear Financial (now they're called Lear Capital hah) .. I switched it off and went to sleep.  My radio was wearing a hat.