• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Show Prep

Started by MV/Liberace!, December 19, 2014, 10:01:21 AM

Heather Wade

Quote from: jazmunda on February 18, 2015, 04:28:22 PM
FUCK YEAH. THIS IS THE MOST USEFUL TEXT FORMATTING THING ON THE INTERNET. IT FIXES ALL MISTAKES LIKE SOME USELESS FUCKING WHITEOUT THAT WHEN YOU TURN THE PAGE OVER YOUR STUPIDITY CAN BE VIEWED BY ALL.

;)

Yeah, but you're joke wouldn't have worked without it.   :D

jazmunda

Quote from: (Redacted) on February 18, 2015, 05:10:26 PM
Yeah, but you're joke wouldn't have worked without it.   :D

I'm a laugh a minute.  8)

jazmunda

jazmunda

Am I just being pessimistically paranoid or was that just a joke by Art?

Heather Wade

We just got another good one.  L.M.A.O.   ;D :o

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: jazmunda on February 19, 2015, 09:31:32 PM
Am I just being pessimistically paranoid or was that just a joke by Art?

if you are experiencing any amount of anxiety over what he said, i'm going to warm the pickup, drive to australia, and man handle you.

jazmunda

Quote from: MV on February 19, 2015, 09:50:26 PM
if you are experiencing any amount of anxiety over what he said, i'm going to warm the pickup, drive to australia, and man handle you.

I chose the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: jazmunda on February 19, 2015, 09:57:50 PM
I chose the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.

the shakes will subside soon.

MV/Liberace!

Man. When I start to read a wall of text, make my way about two sentences in, and realize it's a disjointed, meandering, unreadable pile of shit that I need to scroll past... it's almost invariably the name Albrecht next to it. Oh, and yeah, he thinks it's OK for the police to kill you if you're in the United States illegally. So that just makes him an even bigger pleasure, where I come from.

[/catty gossip]

jazmunda

When you mentioned the wall of text I thought you were referring to Falkie.  He's back with a vengeance.

I stay away from politics because really what's the point?

onan

I believe albrecht is a woman... and believes all things evil are illegals.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: onan on February 21, 2015, 04:19:51 AM
I believe albrecht is a woman... and believes all things evil are illegals.

i don't like illegal immigration either, but i'm not a fucking savage.  he thinks it's ok for cops to shoot illegals... almost as if he thinks the cop KNEW the guy was an illegal before he shot him.  what if the guy turned out not to be an illegal, but just brown in complexion?  would albrecht say it was then reasonable for the cop to ASSUME the perp was an illegal, again lowering the threshold for justification of lethal force?  he sure is a dummy, and i really hate to think he considers himself a conservative, because that's not conservatism.  it's just right wing statism.  he'd be the first in line to tell you how much he hates government, but when it comes to those coppers... well, suddenly the government needs a loose leash.  cops have gunnnnnnnns!!!!!!  and that's where we apply the loose leash on government?  we're fucked.

onan

Quote from: MV on February 21, 2015, 04:21:45 AM
i don't like illegal immigration either, but i'm not a fucking savage.  he thinks it's ok for cops to shoot illegals... almost as if he thinks the cop KNEW the guy was an illegal before shot him (if it mattered).

I am probably not as worried about immigration as most others, but irrational is irrational and albrecht is two bags full.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: onan on February 21, 2015, 04:24:00 AM
I am probably not as worried about immigration as most others, but irrational is irrational and albrecht is two bags full.

i added some more bullshit to my post.

onan

Quote from: MV on February 21, 2015, 04:27:02 AM
i added some more bullshit to my post.

Albrecht is a juggernaut of twisted logic and can hurl so much enough pseudo cogency, that it becomes impossible to respond. I am really avoiding responding to any posts of hers. I do think your response to her was a dead on honest response. And it seems to have shut her up at least for the moment. Thanks for that.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: onan on February 21, 2015, 04:33:29 AM
I do think your response to her was a dead on honest response.

was that the "stupidest thing ever" response?

onan

Quote from: MV on February 21, 2015, 04:34:42 AM
was that the "stupidest thing ever" response?

yes. It did my heart good.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: onan on February 21, 2015, 04:38:47 AM
yes. It did my heart good.

haha, yes.  me too.  it was the truth, though.  i just couldn't believe someone could type that bilge with a straight face.

jazmunda

MV I too think terrestrial radio might be the way to go considering the high cost involved with obtaining music rights. Having said that I think Art is a cut his nose off to spite his face kind of guy and once he has proclaimed something like "terrestrial radio is dead, podcasts are the way of the future" he is too stubborn/proud to back down from that.

I think this is the end. We should be preparing for an emergency GabCast this week. Everyone stay within 3 minutes of a microphone. Keep the eating of roughage and the drinking of copious amounts of water down to a minimum to avoid lengthy toilet breaks.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: jazmunda on February 23, 2015, 02:23:49 AM
MV I too think terrestrial radio might be the way to go considering the high cost involved with obtaining music rights. Having said that I think Art is a cut his nose off to spite his face kind of guy and once he has proclaimed something like "terrestrial radio is dead, podcasts are the way of the future" he is too stubborn/proud to back down from that.

I think this is the end. We should be preparing for an emergency GabCast this week. Everyone stay within 3 minutes of a microphone. Keep the eating of roughage and the drinking of copious amounts of water down to a minimum to avoid lengthy toilet breaks.

you're probably right that there's another emergency moment on the way.  do you have any ideas who the "big player" might be?  i've been assuming it's terrestrial radio in some way shape or form, but i do agree art is unlikely to back off of an assertion like that.

jazmunda

Quote from: MV on February 23, 2015, 02:25:40 AM
you're probably right that there's another emergency moment on the way.  do you have any ideas who the "big player" might be?  i've been assuming it's terrestrial radio in some way shape or form, but i do agree art is unlikely to back off of an assertion like that.

It's got to be one of the big podcast groups considering the comments he has made especially the comment today about the music being a sticking point. Why would terrestrial radio be a sticking point for the bumpers? I think terrestrial would be absolute best case but I fear we're looking at a situation like bateman laid out. I really hope it's not Keith in the driver's seat because maybe there is wiggle room in negotiations to bring that monthly figure down. Keith doesn't have the business nous to think if things like profit sharing and other things that Art could bring to the table.

Heather Wade

I'll keep my red GabCast phone handy.

heater

Quote from: jazmunda on February 23, 2015, 02:36:35 AM
I really hope it's not Keith in the driver's seat...

My worst fear

jazmunda

Quote from: themudking on February 23, 2015, 09:11:49 PM
My worst fear

I doubt there is anyone else in the picture. Art's a creature of habit which is why he always cuts a crappy deal for himself.

MV/Liberace!

you guys have any ideas for the show this week?

jazmunda

Quote from: MV on February 24, 2015, 03:16:15 AM
you guys have any ideas for the show this week?

We haven't discussed Art much lately. Probably should see what he's been up to.

On a serious note, I guess the direction of the show hinges on what happens with Art. If he broadcasts then I guess the shows will be heavily Art Bell, Dark Matter, guests & topics from the show. If Art doesn't come back I guess we'll have a week or two of bitching and then we'll probably have to find a new focus of the show.

What direction do we take it in? Do we revisit the discussion of the paranormal topics and guests like we did previously or find a new direction similar to the old trainwreck.

I think the whole paranormal topics thing failed because I believe we needed it to be steered by someone of your broadcasting talents MV. I'm not blowing smoke up your ass and I mean no disrespect to Eddie or the other hosts myself included.  I always envisioned that when we spoke about these topics we could open up the phone lines and we'd have a plethora of people calling in with their stories or their memories of guests and topics from the C2C days. Perhaps we just needed someone to steer the ship properly. It also didn't help that every topic that was brought up was stubbornly refuted and ridiculed by b_dubb stifling any discussion. I don't think we have to agree with every paranormal topic but it would have been nice to talk about them and our memories of the halcyon days of coast.

So that's an option or we do a show about current affairs a la the trainwreck.

I know the GabCast is a show about BellGab but what are we going to do; read posts from popular threads?

Heather Wade

Speaking of the paranormal, and being hopeful of Art's return... let's talk about the bullshit prices for bumper music royalties & alternative ideas to that, and our favorite paranormal topics.  Request callers to call in with their fav paranormal topics & let the show evolve where it will.

...or not.

MV/Liberace!

You guys, I'm gonna not do the show tonight. I didn't go in to work today because I didn't feel like it, and I still just don't feel like exiting my home.

Jaz... I'll respond to your post in a bit.

jazmunda

The Falkie musings post you wrote about me is going to cause me some grief from Falkie.