• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Show Prep

Started by MV/Liberace!, December 19, 2014, 10:01:21 AM

Lilith

Quote from: K_Dubb on January 16, 2020, 03:43:33 PM
How much of that was due simply to the existence of a private thread?  I expected to find a lot of discussion in here showing the formation of an in-group (vs. the general forum's out-group) consensus but, with the handful of exceptions gleefully foraged and reported already, there's nothing.
If such discussion occurred, it has to have happened elsewhere.

Like on Skype perhaps.

Where, oh where are the Skype files when we need them?

SredniVashtar

Quote from: K_Dubb on January 16, 2020, 03:43:33 PM
How much of that was due simply to the existence of a private thread?  I expected to find a lot of discussion in here showing the formation of an in-group (vs. the general forum's out-group) consensus but, with the handful of exceptions gleefully foraged and reported already, there's nothing.

If such discussion occurred, it has to have happened elsewhere.

I'm sure they were frenziedly Skyping each other too. I was always surprised Onan was party to that nonsense, I could understand it from the rest of those idiots but Onan always came across as a decent, thoughtful guy. Nevertheless, he got totally snookered by Heather. We corresponded occasionally and he once sent me a harrumphing message, taking me to task for the mean things I was saying about St Heather. And this was a man who worked in mental health, you'd think he could spot the signs that she was, at the very least, deeply manipulative.

I'm claiming co-credit with Yorkie for blowing the whistle on Art's stalker BS from the start. We got a ration of shit for it too and I was genuinely amazed how anyone could fall for something so flagrantly bogus.

ItsOver

Quote from: K_Dubb on January 16, 2020, 03:31:32 PM
I will not, and it is only the proscription (rigorously enforced!) on talking about things I like to put in my mouth that prevents me from rhapsodizing upon sausages in general, here, as well as various pork by-products, blossoming into a vigorous discussion of pates and other charcuterie.
Hey, I'm just glad to see you have a common interest with Jorch.  But even he manages to enjoy his big link perversion while properly clothed.  Thank God.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Lilith on January 16, 2020, 03:53:39 PM
Like on Skype perhaps.

Where, oh where are the Skype files when we need them?

They've been, ahem, redacted.

K_Dubb

Quote from: SredniVashtar on January 16, 2020, 03:57:46 PM
I'm sure they were frenziedly Skyping each other too. I was always surprised Onan was party to that nonsense, I could understand it from the rest of those idiots but Onan always came across as a decent, thoughtful guy. Nevertheless, he got totally snookered by Heather. We corresponded occasionally and he once sent me a harrumphing message, taking me to task for the mean things I was saying about St Heather. And this was a man who worked in mental health, you'd think he could spot the signs that she was, at the very least, deeply manipulative.

I'm claiming co-credit with Yorkie for blowing the whistle on Art's stalker BS from the start. We got a ration of shit for it too and I was genuinely amazed how anyone could fall for something so flagrantly bogus.

It must be Onan, then!  There's only one thing that can cause such willful blindness in a man.

ItsOver

...I'm claiming co-credit with Yorkie for blowing the whistle on Art's stalker BS from the start. We got a ration of shit for it too and I was genuinely amazed how anyone could fall for something so flagrantly bogus.
True.  You'd think Lee could at least reward you and Pud with a Super Secret  Capt. Midnight decoder ring access BellGab thread.  Or has he already done it and that's where Pud's been hanging out, posting to himself.

Dr. MD MD

Nice try! You may have eventually joined the chorus but you and pud weren’t on the bleeding edge of that one. ::)

SredniVashtar

Quote from: K_Dubb on January 16, 2020, 04:07:26 PM
It must be Onan, then!  There's only one thing that can cause such willful blindness in a man.

I'd be surprised if it was. We'll have to apply the thumbscrews to MV, he can't leave us hanging like this. I assumed it was b_dubb, but who knows.

Lilith

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 16, 2020, 04:12:25 PM
Nice try! You may have eventually joined the chorus but you and pud weren’t on the bleeding edge of that one. ::)

I believe I was the first, if not the ONLY one, to have been arrested by the Heather Police.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 16, 2020, 04:12:25 PM

No way, we were nearly shunned. You were such a bunch of toadying knuckleheads, kissing up to Daddy Art, that it was left to us to tell it straight. It was very enjoyable listening to you idiots defend the indefensible. God knows how much time I spent arguing with Sci-Fi Author about it.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: SredniVashtar on January 16, 2020, 04:17:40 PM
No way, we were nearly shunned. You were such a bunch of toadying knuckleheads, kissing up to Daddy Art, that it was left to us to tell it straight. It was very enjoyable listening to you idiots defend the indefensible. God knows how much time I spent arguing with Sci-Fi Author about it.

I seem to remember that it was more what people were calling 4chan trolls back then. You and pud may have joined that chorus but I don’t think you were carrying the banner flag.

Anyway, dig for the post and prove it. :P

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 16, 2020, 04:20:04 PM
I seem to remember that it was more what people were calling 4chan trolls back then. You and pud may have joined that chorus but I don’t think you were carrying the banner flag.

Anyway, dig for the post and prove it. :P

No, the trolls were more interested in claiming he killed Ramona. Agreeable as it might be for me to go back through my own posts (something I would recommend to anyone with an interest in coruscating wit and a flawless prose style) I really don't care enough to be proved right. It takes an intrepid Brit to say the unsayable. In one of Yorkie's more redolent analogies, the rest of you were too busy brushing your teeth with Art's shit.

K_Dubb

Quote from: SredniVashtar on January 16, 2020, 04:17:40 PM

Even if it were proven the entire thing was a made-up joke and Art was out sunning himself on the porch amid a hail of imaginary gunfire, the level of cynicism necessary to boldly assert fraud where people's lives are ostensibly in danger does no credit to you or to anyone else who embraced it.  You are wicked and horrible people and I am ashamed to know you.

Lilith

Quote from: K_Dubb on January 16, 2020, 04:39:38 PM
Even if it were proven the entire thing was a made-up joke and Art was out sunning himself on the porch amid a hail of imaginary gunfire, the level of cynicism necessary to boldly assert fraud where people's lives are ostensibly in danger does no credit to you or to anyone else who embraced it.  You are wicked and horrible people and I am ashamed to know you.

Praise MV!

SredniVashtar

This is the same sort of shit Galileo had to put up with. I am a bold truth-teller while you're celebrating the forces of reaction and obscurantism. That's right, prance around in your Disneyland of Norwegian baked goods and rhythmically slack harmonium-playing, some of us have to live in the real world and accept that a horny old septuagenarian with a dodgy work-ethic might be prone to telling the occasional untruth.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: SredniVashtar on January 16, 2020, 04:51:23 PM
This is the same sort of shit Galileo had to put up with. I am a bold truth-teller while you're celebrating the forces of reaction and obscurantism. That's right, prance around in your Disneyland of Norwegian baked goods and rhythmically slack harmonium-playing, some of us have to live in the real world and accept that a horny old septuagenarian with a dodgy work-ethic might be prone to telling the occasional untruth.

K_Dubb

Quote from: SredniVashtar on January 16, 2020, 04:51:23 PM

Scrupulously literal as ever!  I dearly wish we could be friends, Shreddie, but your powers of penetration aren't all one might wish for.

DynamoHum

Quote from: K_Dubb on January 16, 2020, 04:55:02 PM
Scrupulously literal as ever!  I dearly wish we could be friends, Shreddie, but your powers of penetration aren't all one might wish for.

As the actress said to the vicar.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: K_Dubb on January 16, 2020, 04:55:02 PM

Where you're concerned, dear boy, my powers of, and inclination towards, penetration are non-existent.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: DynamoHum on January 16, 2020, 04:57:02 PM
As the actress said to the vicar.

Have you run out of double-entendres or do I need to give you one?

DynamoHum

Quote from: SredniVashtar on January 16, 2020, 04:58:46 PM
Have you run out of double-entendres or do I need to give you one?

Suits you Sir.

ItsOver

... You are wicked and horrible people and I am ashamed to know you.

"That's true.  So tell us how yeeewww first got into needlepoint."

K_Dubb

Quote from: ItsOver on January 16, 2020, 05:20:14 PM

"That's true.  So tell us how yeeewww first got into needlepoint."

It was the repeated action of sticking a tiny needle into something vanishingly small that first awakened my passion.

whoozit

Quote from: K_Dubb on January 16, 2020, 02:39:31 PM
microwaved tenderloins
Fuck you!   Duels have been fought over less ugly slurs.

Dr. MD MD

My mind is percolating on the idea that perhaps there was something between Art and Heather, something she blackmailed him with to hand the show over to her and then just use the excuse that it was health problems, which Art seemed to have had most of his adult life. It’s pure speculation but not entirely outside the realm of possiblity, I think.

Lilith

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 16, 2020, 06:03:44 PM
My mind is percolating on the idea that perhaps there was something between Art and Heather, something she blackmailed him with to hand the show over to her and then just use the excuse that it was health problems, which Art seemed to have had most of his adult life. It’s pure speculation but not entirely outside the realm of possiblity, I think.

And then there's that "If only Art had waited one more day" comment, that still remains a mystery.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Lilith on January 16, 2020, 06:10:30 PM
And then there's that "If only Art had waited one more day" comment, that still remains a mystery.

Refresh my memory on that.

Lilith

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 16, 2020, 06:12:55 PM
Refresh my memory on that.

It was just a random comment that Heather made on the air one night.  I don't think anybody knew what she meant by that.