• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Reading Minds: The CoastGab Book Club

Started by PhantasticSanShiSan, October 23, 2008, 12:06:30 AM

Quote from: SpaceMeowMaid on October 02, 2020, 11:35:52 PM
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/9566.Still_Life_with_Woodpecker

That is my favorite Robbins novel. His be(a)st IMO, though many cite ECGTBlues as the top.

You read Still Life, odds are high you're going to break some synchronistic beams. Not so much with Cowgirls.

SpaceMeowMaid

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on October 05, 2020, 10:32:53 PM
That is my favorite Robbins novel. His be(a)st IMO, though many cite ECGTBlues as the top.

You read Still Life, odds are high you're going to break some synchronistic beams. Not so much with Cowgirls.

That was the first one I read by Tom Robbins. Then my next was Another Roadside Attraction. Then I read Jitterbug Perfume! MY FAVORITE EVER!!! I like ECGTB and Half Asleep in Frog Pajamas. Not sure why but wasn't feeling the Fierce Invalids.

SpaceMeowMaid

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on October 05, 2020, 10:32:53 PM

Still have to get my hands on Tibetan Peach Pie, Villa Incognito and Wild Ducks Flying Backwards

Jackstar

Quote from: SpaceMeowMaid on October 05, 2020, 11:06:41 PM
Still have to get my hands on

First things first, Peanut. Promises made--promises kept.

10) THE POPE OF PALM BEACH (2018)
by Tim Dorsey

11) NO SUNSCREEN FOR THE DEAD (2019)
By Tim Dorsey

albrecht

Quote from: Jackstar on October 29, 2020, 08:42:36 PM

Interesting. Spoor for a whole book, not just a laminated pamphlet type of small field manual? Or includes stories of hunting and what-not? Interestingly the reason why dog crap doesn't look white any more.
https://www.jugdog.co.uk/what-happened-to-white-dog-poo/ 

Almost put off -due to an Obama endorsement the publisher put in for the paperback- but starting anyway because fascinating history- especially as our country become Balkanized and fractured. (And for Jack, NI and associated areas (Scotland, Rep of Ireland, England)  also had lots of Masons and secret societies besides the various paramilitary, military, police, fraternal, national, and religious organizations. A LOT of high-jinx.) 

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/40163119-say-nothing?from_search=true&from_srp=true&qid=2jKJ5TBYTy&rank=1

12) NAKED CAME THE FLORIDA MAN (2020)
by Tim Dorsey

13) THE BOOK OF ABRAMELIN (circa A.D. 1458)
by Abramelin von Worms

revised & expanded edition
Ibis Press (2015)

Complied & Edited by Georg Dehn
Translated by Steven Guth
Foreword by Lon Milo DuQuette

I have been working with this edition for eighteen months. I never trusted the Mathers edition, though it is well thumbed.

Wisely or not, I scheduled  the year and a half  process to purposely  culminate on the Full Moon, October 31, 2020.

Holy Guardian Angel, come quickly.
Guide my hand.

The tattoo gun dispenses wormwood ink.

Eternal scene in green.

I AM.

Amen.

Jackstar

It's not bad. Seems to be directed towards Punylings. For you: recommended.

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on October 31, 2020, 03:55:41 AM
I AM.

Amen.

This fucking guy.