• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Noory Bumper Music "Embrace the Suck"

Started by pate, November 17, 2014, 11:52:12 AM

pate

George, we had a saying in the Army, it went like this:  "Embrace the Suck."  You, being a Navy man, may recall a similar saying from your branch of service;  it probably meant something a bit different from the Army version.  I digress... in the spirit of the Army's unofficial motto I want to try to help you with your Bumper Music.

Following are some suggestions with possible situations in which to use some "new" songs, this for the "new" direction of the show.  Most of these are easy to find on YouTube or elsewhere,  I will attempt to provide links for the more obscure/esoteric ones.

------------

Frida - I Know There's Something Going On (Video official restored)

"I know there's Something Going On" - Frida
This one is just a general use song, your Bumper Music doesn't necessarily need to have any meaning, as I am sure you are already aware.

"Don't You Want Me Baby" - Human League
You can use this one when you have a female guest on that you want to hit on, it should really be a guest that you haven't poached from another host though.

"Here Comes the Rain Again" - Eurythmics
This is more of a general purpose female-guest-hit-on song, as a plus it is sort of subtle;  the pertinent line isn't in the first few seconds of the song.  As a bonus, you can let it run until the pertinent line comes up if you need a longer "break" from being on-air!

"(Keep Feeling) Fascination" - Human League
Just a general purpose "new" direction song for you.   The lyrics to this one are sort of relevant to your show in whatever form it takes (I know, Human League again, but hey I think you might like that band!  Give 'em a try!)

"Get Back" - Ludacris
This one might be a bit edgy for you, George.  Might help in expanding your audience demographic, though!  I recommend you use this one when you have a guest on that has a "bad connection" (har-har-haw), before or after they get "dumped."  You could also use it if some awful troll type gets through on open lines and you need to build back up your 30 sec delay.  Even if you don't like them, the trolls are also part of your audience at times and this could be a fun way to FU them while you get your shoe back on track.

"Mony Mony" - Billy Idol
This could be a good segue into or out of commercial breaks, especially if you plan to run or just ran a Carnivora Advertisment (the lyrics could really make those Carnivora Ads *POP* think about it!)

Four Ears - Columbus

"Columbus (Avenue of the Americas)" - Four Ears
I recommend this one when you have "The Numbers Lady" on, as a benefit it is really long (7 mins!) and you can let it really run on if she is starting to bore you, or you have some "unfinished business" that needs to be tended to between on-air sessions.  This one is a little esoteric, and I'd bet most of your listeners have never even heard it.  This could be a way to show off your hipster side, which is a plus you might look cool!

------------

That's all I have for now, George!  I hope others around here on BellGab can "Embrace the Suck" and perhaps provide more suggestions of their own on Bumper Music for yew!

PS:

Rainbow Stew - Merle Haggard

"Rainbow Stew" - Merle Haggard
I just like this song, but if you go political talk as your "new" direction, I think you should put it in the rotation! 

pate

This one is a bit far-fetched, but is still great.  Have you heard the full version?

Orbital - The Box (Full Version)

I don't think you should let it play out while you do your 'off-air' business, but the song could be informative for your self...  It is about a half hour of 'dead-air' this is for you Jorch!  Cheers!

"Lucky to be loving you"

George deserves to be flogged every time this piece of shit gets played.

pate

Quote from: norrykilledc2c on November 18, 2014, 10:35:13 PM
"Lucky to be loving you"

George deserves to be flogged every time this piece of shit gets played.

I went ahead and fixed that for you...

On another note:

The Toys Go Winding Down - Primus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hl5AOJQry5Q

Jorch could play this one right before he cuts out early on a Friday night and plays pre-recorded shiet for the last hour...  Captures his mental exhaustion from a hard week of sucking...

paladin1991

Quote from: VeryBadMoody on November 26, 2014, 05:32:50 AM
I don't understand. Can you description for me?
If I do it same you. How can I do it?
Sure.  Description for you.  Pancake same you, verstehe?

b_dubb

In CoastToCoastAmWithGeorgeNooryStan the suck embraces YOU

pate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZyWuK50x_8
"Funkytown" - Lipps Inc.

Jorch, you might think about playing this one when Linda Moulton Howe is on, she talks and talks and talks.  As a plus you can use a line from the song to hit on her and look smooth!  You could ask her to take you to Funkytown or offer to take her to Funkytown!  A win/Win!  Unbeeleafaple!

"Devil in Disguise" - Elvis Presley

This one I thought would be a good pick: one it is old, B it is about angels, and on the gripping hand it is about you "The Devil in Disguise" (if you dress like a lady sometimes, it is still a disguise wouldn't you agree?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXsxvdF481I
"Superstition" - Stevie Wonder

Jorch, this one would be great when you to play before you come back from a break with the intention of talking about the health benefits of Toomeric, or you want to do one of those old timey type advertisments for Carnivora where you pretend to be talking about something related to the show when in fact you are doing a live on-air paid commercial (you mess that up frequntly btw, when you attempt that live on-air thing, but I'm sure no-one notices as you don't have that many listeners...  hey try some of my bumper music tips, they might jazz up the show a bit and change all that...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cc7ZeW3sqV4
"Jump Through The Hoops" - The Mighty Mighty Bosstones

Here on this one I am just being selfish (you know where I'm coming from there, right Jorch?) because I like this song.  I think of it as my favorite Holiday/Christmas season song, sort of sums up how things are for me between Thanksgiving and Christmas each year...  You could probably use it though, I reccomend it when you have a guest that you haven't had the time to do any sort of background research into and your questions aren't very good, you can come back from break and say something like "Hey, that song is what *my* life is like, that's why I haven't had time to read your book or look up basic intelligent questions to ask you..." or something to that effect.  Plus, it's got horns, and I like to think if a song doesn't have horns it sort of is lacking something...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHimia_Fxzs
"Dirty Laundry" - Don Henley

This is the big one I have for you tonight, Jorch.  I think it's high time for you to change the C2CAM intro/opener music.  After all, you just stole the current one from Art Bell, and it really makes it look like you are riding on his coat-tails.  Since this is *YOUR* show now, might I reccomend this one?  I mean it fits, you usually open your show with your trademarked "Hurs wats Happuhneen" bit about which baby recently died in a gory manner and such, so "Dirty Laundry" would be a great lead-in to that... Think about it...

That's all for now, Jorch.  I hope this has been helpful, or at the very least illuminating for you, you may have never heard of any of these, well maybe the Elvis Song...

"Get off the air" - Angry Samoans

Written about an LA punk rock DJ, but the premise still applies to George.

"Nowhere Man" The Beatles:  self explanatory

"Paperback Writer" "With a Little Help From My Friends"  The Beatles  mashup, because... well, it's obvious

pate

Quote from: pyewacket on December 02, 2014, 07:20:53 PM
"You talk too Much" by Frankie Ford

FRANKIE FORD "You Talk Too Much" (1960)

Simple Jorch, take note!  Pyewacket had a good one there, it's from a time-frame your limited mind can comprehend (the Simple Years)!

----

That's a good one, Coach!

I found an out-take from the fine movie "Radio":  the set up was that James "Radio" Kennedy had found a broadcast of Noory's C2CAM that had bounced back from the future through a time masheen pordahl, and the football team being the big meanies that they are duct-taped Radio and stuck him in the shed with his portable radio turned up loud so that he couldn't change the channel...  Luckily Coach shows up and frees him.  I got really emotional after I saw this one, I identified with Mr. Kennedy as no-one should ever be subjected to that...    They cut out the bit where Coach stomps the offending portable radio to pieces and cuts off the Noory broadcast, & the preceeding bit of a close-up of James Kennedy's face as he is listening to the 'final hour' so not really an out-take, but use your imaginashun!  Take a look:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfpzNXsz6z0

----------------------

Now for some more recommendations for your shoe, George:
(apologies, for the brevity of the list {brevity means short, Jorch} but since I replied before my normal four to five list was made up, I figured I'd give you what I have as of now, rather than make you go away empty-handed...)

Electric Six - Gay Bar (UNCENSORED High Quality)
"Gay Bar" - Electric Six

Jorch, I was somewhat mystified by your Kenny Rogers or Kenny Loggins (sp) song, last night I think?, when you had that dude on.  It was like you were trying to play him a hit-on-male-guest song, you sort of fumbled through the bit where you came back.  Something to the effect of "the always grate Kenny...smurfuggin..."
Your male guest, and I assume most of your audience were a bit confused by that particular choice for bumper music.  May I recommend "Gay Bar?" It gets right to the point, no ambiguity there.  So you can use that one just as a general hit-on-male-guest song.  I don't judge here, you swing any which way you want man!  As a plus it features a hamster or gerbil in the middle of the video, you like them as a former hamster-wrangler, right?  I know video doesn't translate well to Radio (there's weight lifting for if you get that P90X advert back, & ol' Honest Abe Lincoln {dead presidents!?! you can use that right?}, but there's also lines in the song about Nooyklur War (Protect Our Grid project) & they sing about money (buy some Gold!)...  so really there's a lot in this one that you can use, besides the obvious hit-on-male-guest applications...

Devo - Whip It (Video)
"Whip It" - Devo

Heard this one on the radio the other day.  I thought maybe you could use it as a hit-on-female-(or-male)-guest-that-you-think-might-be-freaky-deaky bumper song.  Again, I don't judge, if you like to be the Sub in a BDSM-type thing, that's cool.  You could also use it if a guest is getting a bit "off the map" and you want to rein them in instead of hanging up on them having mysterious phone issues...  Maybe Tommee can write up some new 3x5 cards while you let this one play...  It sort of has that 'hurry up' vibe going...  Or if you are into 'WhipIts' (sp) the funny gas that you huff in between on-air bouts, maybe you can play it to clue the audience in that the next segment will be particularly incoherent?  I dunno...

Gnarls Barkley - Crazy LYRICS
"Crazy" - Gnarls Barkley

This is the last one I have for you today, Jorch, apologies!  I figure this would be a good one for when you have Major Ed Dames, or Richard Hoagland -type guests on.  The one that Art back in the day would have obviously thought were a bit nutter, but he would let them go with a certain Art-type of limit imposed.  You have yet to master that technique and the general fear is that you never will (I am not afraid, personally, I am certain you never will, I digress...) I included a video with lyrics (you can read, right?  Oh yeah, 3x5 cards, or to quote the song "Possibly...")  Consider it, Jorch, the song doesn't really have to have meaning, it just seems nice and makes you appear like you have done some basic show prep, and can think a bit...

That's all for now!  BTW:  I believe I have heard selections from this suggestion list on your show!  If that is correct, good for you.  Baby steps, and if all you ever manage are baby steps, well, what can we expect?

pyewacket

He needs new music for those angel shows.

Rammstein Engel (Official Video) HD

"Engel (English Version)"

Live in virtue, no desire
In the grave an angel's choir
You look to heaven and wonder why
No one can see them in the sky

Just as the clouds have gone to sleep
Angels can be seen in heaven's keep
Alone in fear they question why
Goddamn not an angel when I die

Angels live, they never die
Apart from us, behind the sky
They're fading souls who've turned to ice
So ashen white in paradise

Just as the clouds have gone to sleep
Angels can be seen in heaven's keep
Alone in fear they question why
Goddamn not an angel when I die

Goddamn an angel when I die
Heaven must be hell in the sky 

pyewacket

I'm not sure if they've used any of these, but it's not too difficult to match some with the shows recurrent themes. I just remember the same songs bring played over and over with little to no connection to the show topic or the guest.

Positive thinking -  Shiny Happy People- REM

If he would like to step it up a bit with female guests- here are a few:

I think I Love You- The Partridge Family

My Eyes Adored You-
Frankie Valli

So many Carpenters songs to pick from, too.

But if she's really hot, how about a little Rod Stewart- Do Ya Think I'm Sexy?

pate

"Orange Crush" - REM

Still not judgeing yew.  Don't they sing abut surfing> ? or something ]]

dammit, hate overcomes patience, must meditate...

Quote from: pyewacket on December 02, 2014, 10:31:32 PM

"Engel (English Version)"

Yes! Sehr gut!
Plus, the intro sounds like the X-Files theme song.

pate

Jorch, this song has no place in *your* universe:

Adele - Rolling in the Deep

Would that you had a half a moustache...  Or a pair of balls...

pate

Jorch, this is your Adele episode...

Well, we know you love Bond songs...

"Skyfall" - Adele
Adele - Skyfall (Lyric Video)
This is a Bond song, 'nuff said...

"Someone like You" - Adele
Honestly, she sings "... turn up ... " and I hear you misambiguate (sp? meaning?) ""turnip"" you are laughable, iGnoory!@  Good turnip there iGnoory@!

"Jar of Hearts" - Christina Perri
No idea, once again I don't do my research... Sounds familiar don't it?  Somehow anti-flu shot from a first listen...

"Somebody Told Me" - The Killers
The Killers - Somebody Told Me
Maybe not a Bond song, but you suck...

I do appreciate that you change up your bumper music, you still suck...  honestly last time I listened in you blamed that "new direction" on a producer (the guy that screens calls) and it wasn't even Tomee, you just blamed the poor jerk for picking whatever awful (awesome) song that was aired....  A bit of advice:  GROW SOME BALLS, and take the heat for the crap you have played, or will play...  Kee-rhiest!  U are the most gigantic... that reminds me....

"Gigantic" - The Pixies
The Pixies - Gigantic
I always thought the lyrics to this were something along the lines of : " ... gigantic, gigantic a great big whore ... " I may be wrong...

George played the Skyfall theme once.  He hated it.  He thought "it would never end."  That was probably his ADD kicking in.

I think James Bond was dead to George after Sean Connery.  It became too edgy and rockus for him.

albrecht

I don't fault George for liking a certain kind of music (about the only fault I can't find with him,) to each his own. A lot of people get stuck in a rut of the music they liked as a teenager and that is what they still listen too. But if he doesn't have eclectic tastes and if his preferred genre of music doesn't fit the guests, mood, or what the listeners like then the producer, or someone, should handle the bumper-music list. They really run a crazy operation over-there. It seems they pay no attention to their audience, their sponsors, their guests, their ratings, or anybody except to the one host. It is weird.

pate

Dammit, out of character...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9R5dk0JY2xc
Trailer - Team America...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiD86FtF2x0
?? - "Freedom costs a buck o' five"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbFc5x4XcSc
"Chestnuts.." ---?? bing ??

A limited time only!

Tens* of dollars, only if you order spoon!

*donations do not reflect purchases, will nit beholden and some other stuff pay lawyers for...

pate

Jorch, these are not the droids you are looking for:

Happy ( WE ARE FROM TATOOINE)
"AHappy" - Droids y'all not looking 4....

You are not a Star Wars dork are you?...(altt:  ...Dork, well you're just a dork.  Sigh...)

How'd you get the job again? I have a time masheen, and I think I could doo-doo better!?! Siriumbly?

pate

SHe's hot, she's like 15 years (annie, luv you gimme a call...)

MaN this one seems like a betrayal:

Eurythmics - Here Comes The Rain Again (Remastered)
Dude all mad & shit --  play it Tommy

Jorch this on is like, wow, you have total lesbians that you just turn'd.... damn, playa!  Need ah sayah moor?

pate

iGnore those last, they are from haters...

This one:

Billy Idol - Eyes Without A Face
Billy Idol -- "Eyes Without a Face"

voice without a face/moustache....

Again I fail...

pate

In the spirit of failure I give you:

The Kinks - Come Dancing
"Come Dancing" - The Kinks

I'm not going on air for ratings, & are you...  I won't tell you the Secrut Santa I had in mind.............

The Kinks - Don't Forget to Dance

pate

White Town - Your Woman

"Your Woman" - White Town

L3t's interviews...

While whe do that we play this:

Phil Collins - I Dont Care Anymore (Official Music Video)

"I don't care anymore" - Phil Collins

Hey, Jorch...  heh, you don't care anymore do ya?

One Direction - Best Song Ever

"Best Song Ever" - One Direction\\

Totally you Jorch!

\need I say nmore or smore?

pate

George, George, Georg3!1

Heh,

http//www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJixs2FoZ_Y
"What Do Ya Think About That" -- Montgomery Gentry

I don't know why I include this one, other than a question you never ask your guests....  U doan axe,  u tells...

Led Zeppelin - Hot Dog
"Hot Dog"-- the 'zep

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fZZqDJXOVg seriously man, check it out...

Primus - To Defy The Laws Of Tradition - 8/14/1994 - Woodstock 94 (Official)
"BEWBS"
"To Defy The Laws of Tradition" -- Primus

Yeah...  I think it was the North Koreans!