• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

What kind of ad's do you get?

Started by Mr. Fidget, November 13, 2014, 04:44:57 PM

paladin1991

Sorry.  SMF was unable to .....

I went to a gardening site, and then got a banner here for West Coast Seeds, my favourite local organic seed supplier.  Then I checked out Jeep listings for my father and got a bunch of Chrysler ads.  Then I went to a dating site and now I'm getting pictures of Bill from West Hartford.

Actually, I wasn't completely honest about the Chrysler ads, but here is something which shows just how insidious this is.  I was looking to make my own LED grow lights (no, not for that, just for vegetable starts), so was perusing Alibaba.  I came across an LED street light listing and checked it out because I thought it might be cheaper than purpose-built grow lights.  It wasn't a company site and I didn't do a search.  It was just a vendor listing on Alibaba, the Chinese eBay for manufacturers of anything you could imagine.  Now I'm getting LED street light ads here on Bellgab.

pate

Y;all are waay out there...

I get:

[attach=1]

Y;all whix your christlers & such...

edit: bazillion pre-pwnd kars & such...

Killer Clown Returns Scare Prank!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: paladin1991 on March 15, 2015, 08:02:18 AM
If MV makes a few bucks towards his server costs....then everyone, pls, click a banner a couple of times a week.

Does just clicking on it provide the fundage?

as per the adsense terms of service, i need to encourage people not to do this.  clicks need to be organic.

paladin1991

Quote from: MV on April 01, 2015, 02:20:20 AM
as per the adsense terms of service, i need to encourage people not to do this.  clicks need to be organic.
Ah yes, of course.  Non GMO.  With you all the way.

BTW, got a add for 'Slingshot.'  Imagine my surprise that it wasn't for underwear.

Albemuth

"Russian Senior Dating for Men" - shows 5 pasty, European-looking women with ridiculously large hoot-skis...

albrecht

Invalid /pyv_embed request.

Normally it is Ukrainian brides, Chrysler, and Dodge (or Asian singles if I was on the Art Bell thread) but now I get the above message? :o

Gd5150

Ads that are targeted based on how Google invades my privacy and sells my information.

yumyumtree

Victoria's Secret, flip-flops, to be exact.  Caught me.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Gd5150 on April 01, 2015, 12:10:32 PM
Ads that are targeted based on how Google invades my privacy and sells my information.

And they do a fine job of it.

coaster

Quote from: Gd5150 on April 01, 2015, 12:10:32 PM
I'm still getting the meet women mail order bride ad on the bottom. Three women ad. Its been the same ad forever. The only thing I can think of is I did a search for Ed Dames. Once. But honestly, new ad please. google or whoever. I got the money but I dont want the infectious diseases.

Nick el Ass

I keep getting ads for dating Arab women. :)

LadyFish

Just got an ad on the top of Falkie's thread  with Dave's picture for his Belief show on that Giam TV or whatever.....it went beyond my beliefs to click it & see what the offer was.

I can tolerate the hot pocket pizza ads, but that one was just too much. I did do the little clicky thing to say I didn't want anymore of those Noory ads, with the reason being it was inappropriate.

yumyumtree

Russian Senior Dating for Men.  Don't know if this means that the women are seniors or the men are supposed to be.

Lots of Ashley Madison.

yumyumtree

"Savvy Cats Sleep Better." Mattress ad targeting people, in this case a woman, who sleep with pets, in this case, a Siamese cat.  Its scary how much these internet companies know about you.

yumyumtree

Jessica London, lots and lots of Jessica London. (It's large size womens' clothing.)  I just went on Jessica London and entered a sweepstake.  I tried to order something, but it's not my fault that they were out of the style I wanted in the size and color I wanted.

Huggies--that ship sailed folks.  Anyway, I'm a cloth diaper fan.

pate

I dig this one.  Not Sure what is going on though...

eddie dean

Quote from: pate on August 12, 2015, 01:27:33 AM
I dig this one.  Not Sure what is going on though...

It looks like a podcast on how to put a voodo curse on the  New Orleans Saints. They got the Jets & possibly the Browns as well. although Cleveland doesn't need much help imo. ;D

I'm getting ads for Google Ad Words, marketing to millions, lease a Mini Cooper, date Asian women, and fashions for Muslim women including burqas, hijabs, and an item called a "skirt" ?
I do believe that Google may have me confused with another BellGabber.

Eddie Coyle

If she met me, "Anna" would not want to talk to me.

pate

Quote from: transistor under my pillow on August 12, 2015, 03:40:06 PM
I'm getting ads for Google Ad Words, marketing to millions, lease a Mini Cooper, date Asian women, and fashions for Muslim women including burqas, hijabs, and an item called a "skirt" ?
I do believe that Google may have me confused with another BellGabber.

The "Future" is naow.

pate

Not Sure this is a relevant topic anymore.

But here is the one I had to take a screenshot of:

pate

I am confused by this one.

That may or may not surprise the reader.

APNIC may have busted a Beatles' paradig'em, i.e. "bigger than Infiniti Motor Corporation Gawd*"

-----

*"Gawd it's Hugh!" is my favorite pr0m star's catch Fraiser...

pate

This could be misambiguated(sp):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3GF1x0-VX0

Not Sure.

ediot:  Broken, Hulk Smashed?

Guess I have been spending too much time on the "100 years ago" thread:

GravitySucks

So, I'm a geek... They don't have to keep reminding me.