• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Firefox Problems

Started by coaster, November 11, 2014, 01:19:56 PM

coaster

Would any of you whiz kids know why I would be getting "secure connection failed" when I visit pages like google, yahoo or a list of other sites? I have tried everything to fix it and still no luck. It worked fine before I got the latest version of FF. 33.1.  Not only am I getting the "secure connection failed, but the majority of other sites don't load and look like this. -

area51drone

Check your system date.   If it somehow got changed and is incorrect, you'll get these problems.   Happened to me a couple months ago, and my wife a few days ago.   She was skeptical, but when she looked sure enough it was the date was wrong.

MV/Liberace!

also, try hitting the shift key and clicking the refresh button at the same time on those sites.

Quote from: area51drone on November 11, 2014, 03:17:51 PM
Check your system date.   If it somehow got changed and is incorrect, you'll get these problems.   Happened to me a couple months ago, and my wife a few days ago.   She was skeptical, but when she looked sure enough it was the date was wrong.

I've had that happen a couple of times recently too.  Boot up, and all of a sudden nothing's loading and it's 2007.  Maybe it's time to replace the system battery on the motherboard.

coaster

Quote from: area51drone on November 11, 2014, 03:17:51 PM
You have got to be kidding. That worked. What the hell would have changed the date? Thank you.

albrecht

Quote from: coaster on November 11, 2014, 05:29:20 PM
You have got to be kidding. That worked. What the hell would have changed the date? Thank you.
Y2K. Don't you recall old Art Bell with John Hogue, Gary North, etc? It wasn't the PREDICTION or PROPHECY that was wrong, simply the time-line and date. Y2K is/was very, very real...as you just found out!!

Quote from: coaster on November 11, 2014, 05:29:20 PM

There's a little watch battery on the motherboard that maintains the system time and CMOS settings.  It could be running down but that's just a guess.  It might also be some sort of malware because I've never had it happen or heard of it happening until the last couple months.

area51drone

My computers are on a backup power supply, they're never without power so I don't think that's the issue.  I think we just inadvertently change the date by accident when you open up the calendar app in Windows.  At least that's my guess.   If they made you confirm date changes it would have been a lot better.   Anyway, just glad it solved your problem.