• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Connie Willis

Started by GeorgieForPresident2216, October 18, 2014, 11:11:51 PM

zeebo

Quote from: trostol on June 25, 2016, 06:18:13 PM
i see giggles is on tonight

Topic is sunken treasure ... could be kinda fun.  Wonder if she'll fit in an underwater bigfoot somehow.

Juan Cena

Connie Willis likes the Doobie Brothers? I'm shocked. SHOCKED, I tell you!

Juan Cena

Quote from: zeebo on June 25, 2016, 09:20:23 PM
Topic is sunken treasure ... could be kinda fun.  Wonder if she'll fit in an underwater bigfoot somehow.

Yeah. This is my kind of show. A fresh topic on something I'd never heard about.

zeebo

Quote from: Juan Cena on June 26, 2016, 12:15:07 AM
Yeah. This is my kind of show. A fresh topic on something I'd never heard about.

It's turning out to be a pretty interesting story.

Juan

I'd never listened to Connie, and now I see what you are giggling about.  It was an interesting show.

zeebo

I have a bit of a soft spot for Ms. Connie, since she does seem genuinely nice, but really she added nothing to the show last nite, except a few rather awkward comments and misplaced giggles. 

The guest was kind of a self-promoter, but he told some good tales.  I liked the historical intrigue.  I actually think he'd make a good off-beat Knapp guest.

Gyoza Girl

Last night's show featuring a shipwreck hunter was good for what it was, but not my cup of tea. It would have been a dandy topic for PBS or NatGeo. Kind of surprised me, because I thought Connie was into the weird stuff like Bigfoot.

She made a strange remark when introducing the shipwreck hunter, saying she hadn't wanted to read his book but that it turned out to be really good. I thought the hosts got to choose their topics and guests, but maybe they are contractually obligated to cover certain subjects?

I felt much the same way about George Knapp's recent show about animal welfare. Very good coverage, but not a topic that I want to hear about on Coast to Coast.

TigerLily

I've gotten the impression the weekend hosts don't have free reign on topics, until they have been around more. Not sure.

Knapp, I believe, does an animal welfare show annually. I always think I'm not going to listen because I'm pretty tender hearted when it comes to critters. But I usually end up listening and Knapp always handles with his normal level of class.  The HSUS segment was very good and very interesting

I haven't seen you here before, Gyoza. If you are new, welcome and post often

zeebo

Quote from: Gyoza Girl on June 26, 2016, 09:21:54 PM
She made a strange remark when introducing the shipwreck hunter, saying she hadn't wanted to read his book but that it turned out to be really good....

Yeah for some reason she kept teasing him, but with a little too much edge.  I don't know why - she's usually friendlier.  She also kept asking him several unrelated questions at once, almost like someone had handed her a little stack of 3x5 cards.   ::)

Nebraska888

Quote from: zeebo on June 26, 2016, 08:34:42 PM
I have a bit of a soft spot for Ms. Connie, since she does seem genuinely nice, but really she added nothing to the show last nite, except a few rather awkward comments and misplaced giggles. 

The guest was kind of a self-promoter, but he told some good tales.  I liked the historical intrigue.  I actually think he'd make a good off-beat Knapp guest.

I agree. Zee!  It was a darned good program.  Good for Connie....the best program I have ever heard from her!  THERE IS HOPE!

Nebraska888

Quote from: zeebo on June 26, 2016, 12:47:38 AM
It's turning out to be a pretty interesting story.

Yes.

Gyoza Girl

Quote from: TigerLily on June 26, 2016, 10:06:38 PM
I've gotten the impression the weekend hosts don't have free reign on topics, until they have been around more. Not sure.

Knapp, I believe, does an animal welfare show annually. I always think I'm not going to listen because I'm pretty tender hearted when it comes to critters. But I usually end up listening and Knapp always handles with his normal level of class.  The HSUS segment was very good and very interesting

I haven't seen you here before, Gyoza. If you are new, welcome and post often
Hello, TigerLily. Thanks for your warm welcome! Yes, I'm quite new here. I began listening to Coast in 2014, but it took me a while to discover this site. I've enjoyed reading everyone's posts about the show, and I noticed that I pretty much agree with all the comments. So here I am!

Gyoza Girl

Quote from: zeebo on June 26, 2016, 10:45:53 PM
Yeah for some reason she kept teasing him, but with a little too much edge.  I don't know why - she's usually friendlier.  She also kept asking him several unrelated questions at once, almost like someone had handed her a little stack of 3x5 cards.   ::)
Yes, in previous shows she seemed to establish a rapport with the guest early on. Maybe shipwrecks and sunken treasure were outside of her Bigfoot comfort zone. I did enjoy hearing Martin Bayerle talk about the double-crosses that people tried to pull on him. Glad they didn't get away with it!

Uncle Duke

Really enjoyed this show, thought Connie did a good job just getting the odd question/comment in edgewise with the guest.  I found the peripheral topic of the Tsar's personal fortune intriguing as a result of having worked early (mid 1980s) in my career with a stately older gentleman who claimed to be a member of the Russian aristocracy.  I can't remember his exact lineage, but he talked in detail of his relatives for years having hired forensic investment analysts/accountants to look for private investments made by the Imperial family throughout the world.  Some of the stories involved those forensic investment analysts being found dead in European financial centers (London, Paris, Brussels etc) where they had apparently been tortured by Soviet operatives looking to find those same investments on behalf of the USSR.  Years later, I came across a book by a British banker and financial editor for one of the big London newspapers researching the exact topic.  Very dry stuff, certainly beyond my understanding of international investing/banking, but it did seem to verify the stories my colleague told me.

Quote from: Uncle Duke on June 27, 2016, 10:48:09 PM
Really enjoyed this show, thought Connie did a good job just getting the odd question/comment in edgewise with the guest.  I found the peripheral topic of the Tsar's personal fortune intriguing as a result of having worked early (mid 1980s) in my career with a stately older gentleman who claimed to be a member of the Russian aristocracy.  I can't remember his exact lineage, but he talked in detail of his relatives for years having hired forensic investment analysts/accountants to look for private investments made by the Imperial family throughout the world.  Some of the stories involved those forensic investment analysts being found dead in European financial centers (London, Paris, Brussels etc) where they had apparently been tortured by Soviet operatives looking to find those same investments on behalf of the USSR.  Years later, I came across a book by a British banker and financial editor for one of the big London newspapers researching the exact topic.  Very dry stuff, certainly beyond my understanding of international investing/banking, but it did seem to verify the stories my colleague told me.

Sounds like a good one - I'll check it out.

Good to see the Duke reporting on guests and topics again!

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on June 27, 2016, 10:48:09 PM
I agree! I really enjoyed the show (believe it or not I was almost able to listen to the whole, commercial free, show while driving in rush hour today. To go approximately 13.9 miles.) Connie did a good job, not much giggling and I think she layed off the weed prior. She also allowed callers but didn't get too far into the 'woo-woo' stuff. A great tale and the guest was a hilarious and good storyteller. A first time in a long time in which the show ended with me wanting more- like the days of Art. Good job, Connie.
ps: He didn't go into crazy detail (would most callers want to know) but the legal aspects of salvage and maritime law is interesting (to me) but his court wins are pretty amazing. Also, Uncle, with regard to royal (or otherwise) fortunes I can believe. There is a lot of intrigue and shenanigans with regimes fall in that regard.

Uncle Duke

www.goodreads.com/book/show/521588.The_Lost_Fortune_of_the_Tsars

Here is a link to the book I mentioned, author's name is William Clarke.  If anyone is interested in reading it, I'd recommend you get the latest edition, came out in the early 2000s.  This edition includes information that came from Soviet sources after the fall of the USSR. 

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on June 28, 2016, 06:11:24 PM
www.goodreads.com/book/show/521588.The_Lost_Fortune_of_the_Tsars

Here is a link to the book I mentioned, author's name is William Clarke.  If anyone is interested in reading it, I'd recommend you get the latest edition, came out in the early 2000s.  This edition includes information that came from Soviet sources after the fall of the USSR.
Thanks, I like 'lost treasure' and maritime shows and also the subject of looted, or missing, fortunes after wars, revolutions, etc. Will check out the latest updated book. I haven't heard any updates but I recall some story that hit headlines a while back about a train found in Poland with a bunch of, supposed, art and treasure the NAZIs (or was it Russians) looted? And everyso often some German oldster kicks the bucket and his heirs are amazed at some looted art find. The "Amber Room" should be a show. Also rumors of NAZIs dumping stuff into deep alpine lakes and sealing up tunnels in mountains. (I only mention because more modern.) I also wonder how much stuff was hidden by people and various royals during the Communist revolutions that might have been 'forgotten' about due to deaths, etc.)

Connie and demons tonight on Coast to Coast with Bishop James Long.  Be there or be square! ;D

JesusJuice

If anyone is having problems with daemons and is looking for an exorcist, Fox TV is giving out free exorcisms at Comic Con this year.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/comic-con-fox-holding-surprise-913540

This is what a typical daemonic attack and it's following exorcism looks like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsMCZR809c0

JesusJuice

The daemon portion of tonight's Coast To Coast AM with Connie Willis has been rescheduled for another day.

>Paranormal investigator Steve Huff joins Connie Willis (email) for a discussion on spirits and the afterlife. He'll also share sound samples from beyond. (Related Links: YouTube / Facebook)

>The previously scheduled appearance by Bishop James Long has been postponed.

Morgus

Quote from: JesusJuice on July 23, 2016, 06:39:21 PM
The daemon portion of tonight's Coast To Coast AM with Connie Willis has been rescheduled for another day.
Noory probably complained saying "demons are one of my topics" you weekenders stick with bigfoot, etc...

Quote from: JesusJuice on July 23, 2016, 06:39:21 PM

>Paranormal investigator Steve Huff joins Connie Willis (email) for a discussion on spirits and the afterlife. He'll also share sound samples from beyond. (Related Links: YouTube / Facebook)

>The previously scheduled appearance by Bishop James Long has been postponed.

Looked up his site.  Appears to be another flim-flam man trying to cash in on the paranormal craze.  Count me out.  I'm so disappointed.  :(

Quote from: Juan Cena on June 26, 2016, 12:15:07 AM
==================================
'Allo!
with you somewhat i am.
not to worry.
busy much am i.
missed listed at c2c that connie was on.
not an subject she swotted up easily,i reckon.
missed show did not know about and want to find an transcription or notes.
handicapped by low bandwidth and time constraints am i.
would have liked to hear connie,my loco lokal affiliate far enough for am ground wave...
more,anon.
PS:No Logo:
[7VF]

Uncle Duke

Quote from: 21st Century Man on July 23, 2016, 08:34:55 PM
Looked up his site.  Appears to be another flim-flam man trying to cash in on the paranormal craze.  Count me out.  I'm so disappointed.  :(

You'd have been more disappointed if you'd invested the time to listen.  He proved conclusively if you run enough scanned radio frequencies through multiple gizmos and effects apps, the resulting mish mess of noise can be interpreted by the more easily influenced as voices of the dead.  My favorite was the message he got from Johnny Cash telling Mr Huff he was in Hell. 

zeebo

Quote from: Beelzebubbelah on July 24, 2016, 12:43:43 AM
==================================
'Allo!
with you somewhat i am.
not to worry.
busy much am i.
missed listed at c2c that connie was on.
not an subject she swotted up easily,i reckon.
missed show did not know about and want to find an transcription or notes.
handicapped by low bandwidth and time constraints am i.
would have liked to hear connie,my loco lokal affiliate far enough for am ground wave...
more,anon.
PS:No Logo:
[7VF]

Beelz I only heard part of the show but sounded like Ms. Connie was doing ok with the fairly dark topics.  Btw good to see you've got your attachments working again.

WOTR

I heard a few minutes of her over the weekend and was quickly reminded of why I don't tune in.  Somebody called and asked about a dog licking an open would to help heal it.  I believe here guest answered that they did not know if that would be a good idea and she added that "animals seem to intuitively know what to do." (Or something close to that.)

Yeah, great idea you airheaded ditz.  I know that the burn units in most major hospitals bring in packs of wild dogs to clean out wounds and remove dead skin because they are known to have sterile mouths.

Sorry- I walked in probably 3-4 times for a minute or two each and without fail left wondering how they let her broadcast.

michio

Connie was doing her designated hawking about sNoory's show, 'Beyond Belief.' She was puzzled as to why no one else had used this great name, praising sNoory for putting on his thinking cap to come up with an original show name out of the blue, perhaps from connecting with his universal "wireless Internet." Why does she not remember the TV series 'Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction' started on Fox back in 1997? sNoory shamelessly stole the name for his little Internet video-podcast show and took the credit for it.

WOTR

Quote from: michio on November 06, 2016, 05:58:16 AM
Connie was doing her designated hawking about sNoory's show, 'Beyond Belief.' She was puzzled as to why no one else had used this great name, praising sNoory for putting on his thinking cap to come up with an original show name out of the blue, perhaps from connecting with his universal "wireless Internet." Why does she not remember the TV series 'Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction' started on Fox back in 1997? sNoory shamelessly stole the name for his little Internet video-podcast show and took the credit for it.
Fine, I will give you that one... But how do you explain the brilliance of "paranormal date?"

Morgus

Quote from: WOTR on November 06, 2016, 12:51:26 PM
Fine, I will give you that one... But how do you explain the brilliance of "paranormal date?"
Noory used to love watching "The Dating Game" on TV as a kid?