• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Hey Officer!

Started by Mr. Fidget, October 10, 2014, 11:57:52 PM

Mr. Fidget

[attachimg=1]
   I'll be hosting a weekly radio show about citizen/police interaction called "Hey Officer!" My airdates are starting in November time/day(s) TBA soon. It will be aired on KCAA 1050 AM in the Riverside/San Bernardino area, aka the "Inland Empire." It will be streamed online via Tunein, and other methods. It will be archived for future listening. The station also has a "phone in and listen line." Initially it will be a pre-produced offering, and may evolve into a live call-in show.
   I am going to share my experiences, and speak with the public about their police contacts. I'll report current news in the field, and hopefully be a catalyst for positive change. There will be no "ads" and the funding will go through Patreon.
   My interviews will consist of me asking people: 1) How did your police contact occur? 2) How did it work out? & 3) What (if anything;) should have gone differently. I plan on fostering a "positive show tone" without name calling, and personal attacks... as a general rule. There may be exceptions, as needed, for clearly egregious transgressions of proper police conduct. It's a difficult subject matter that is emotionally charged with bias on all sides, it should make for interesting discussion.
   I will have more information about the show, and the associated online assets in the next couple weeks!

Yorkshire pud

If your extended rambling rant on Bellgab is anything to go by, I expect counterpoints will be ignored/talked over.. joy.

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 11, 2014, 12:28:45 AM
If your extended rambling rant on Bellgab is anything to go by, I expect counterpoints will be ignored/talked over.. joy.
The "norm" of radio is not civil discourse. Very few shows exist that the host does not "ignore/talk over counterpoints." Speaking from a "bully pulpit" modality would be well within the scope of "talk radio," as it stands today. Hey Officer! will not be a debate, it's an experience based discussion show. My intent is to engage in dialog with people about their experiences, not force mine upon them.
   I will have some background about what I've gone through in the early editions, to define the scope of my experience. The show is designed to hear from other people about their experiences... in America.
   We (unlike yourself) live in "The land of the free, and the home of the brave." We had this revolution a while back. The show is not for you, however you're welcome to listen... or not.

In the event you are unfamiliar with our anthem:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Star-Spangled_Banner

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on October 10, 2014, 11:57:52 PM
... My interviews will consist of me asking people: 1) How did your police contact occur? 2) How did it work out? & 3) What (if anything;) should have gone differently...

Don't forget to ask them why they were interacting with the police in the first place, and their own behavior towards the officer

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on October 11, 2014, 01:11:59 AM
   The "norm" of radio is not civil discourse. Very few shows exist that the host does not "ignore/talk over counterpoints." Speaking from a "bully pulpit" modality would be well within the scope of "talk radio," as it stands today. Hey Officer! will not be a debate, it's an experience based discussion show. My intent is to engage in dialog with people about their experiences, not force mine upon them.

I'll have a wager with you. I'll donate a sum of money to a charity of my choice if you don't.

I will have some background about what I've gone through in the early editions, to define the scope of my experience. The show is designed to hear from other people about their experiences... in America.
   We (unlike yourself) live in "The land of the free, and the home of the brave." We had this revolution a while back. The show is not for you, however you're welcome to listen... or not.

Really? Of the two of us, guess which one has had at least one run in with the police?(you) Guess which one of us is more likely to be murdered today just by walking down the street?(you) Guess which one of us can travel from one end of the country to the other and not have to produce ID because a cop asks you to? (me). Reappraise exactly what 'free' means be fore you start saying I (or the other 180 or so countries) don't enjoy it. Being a radio host should mean you have a modicum of general knowledge beyond your apartment balcony. I say that advisedly.

In the event you are unfamiliar with our anthem:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Star-Spangled_Banner

Yeah, try singing your national anthem without half a dozen key changes..Our's is a dirge but not impossible to sing if you're so inclined.

But back on topic. Don't be surprised if you get a bored cop calling in telling you his side of the story. You won't like it...promise you that, he might just tell you he spread eagled the twat across his car because the twat was gobbing off.

Mr. Fidget

As enjoyable as the "Bellgab sand pounding competition" is, I have to abstain. I have several projects underway, including... but definitely not limited to "Hey Officer!"
   I have meetings, and responsibilities to accomplish. My todo list reads like an encyclopedia right now. I could waste my time on this "back and forth," or take care of my commitments... I choose the latter. When I have more information about the show to announce, I'll be back.

I hope to do a good job, and I'll accomplish that with the 5 P's.

Prior
Planning
Prevents
Poor
Performance

Have a nice weekend, and "stay tuned."
[attachimg=1]

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on October 11, 2014, 02:47:02 AM

Prior
Planning
Prevents
Poor
Performance

Have a nice weekend, and "stay tuned."
[attachimg=1]

6 P's.

Perfect preperation prevents piss poor performance.

area51drone

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 11, 2014, 12:28:45 AM

You are a fucking treat.

paladin1991

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 11, 2014, 01:48:01 AM
I'll have a wager with you. I'll donate a sum of money to a charity of my choice if you don't.

Really? Of the two of us, guess which one has had at least one run in with the police?(you) Guess which one of us is more likely to be murdered today just by walking down the street?(you) Guess which one of us can travel from one end of the country to the other and not have to produce ID because a cop asks you to? (me). Reappraise exactly what 'free' means be fore you start saying I (or the other 180 or so countries) don't enjoy it. Being a radio host should mean you have a modicum of general knowledge beyond your apartment balcony. I say that advisedly.

Yeah, try singing your national anthem without half a dozen key changes..Our's is a dirge but not impossible to sing if you're so inclined.

But back on topic. Don't be surprised if you get a bored cop calling in telling you his side of the story. You won't like it...promise you that, he might just tell you he spread eagled the twat across his car because the twat was gobbing off.
Hey pud!  Back the fuck up!  Do not fuck with an American.  I don't care how retarded he is.

MV/Liberace!

Congrats on the show, MF. I'll certainly be taking a listen.

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: MV on October 12, 2014, 02:33:53 AM
Congrats on the show, MF. I'll certainly be taking a listen.
Thanks MV, I'll do what I can to make it worth the time.
Quote from: Paper*Boy on October 11, 2014, 01:37:56 AMDon't forget to ask them why they were interacting with the police in the first place, and their own behavior towards the officer
I welcome suggestions about the show in general. Be it regarding content, presentation style, personal experiences, resources in the field, and what have you. I'll do what I want (of course) however all input will be considered... even yours. ;)

Update:
Today being November 1st, I have a bit of an update, but no air dates to announce yet. This month I will have much more specific info.

I have been reaching out to a wide variety of people involved in this arena:

NACOLE (The National Association for Civilian Oversight of Law Enforcement) may participate, according to my communication with their President, Mr. Brian Buchner. (http://www.nacole.org)

I will be interviewing a retired Pennsylvania Police Officer, Mr Larry Hohol about the (tragic) story of Mr. Leone. If you have not heard of him, you should have. His saga makes my personal story look like a walk in the park. (http://www.theluzernecountyrailroad.com/police-brutality.php)

I have been speaking to working officers, and supervisors about their perspective as well.
Quoting Lt. Carter "If everyone would just be nice, and respect each other, my job would be easy."

So with that... stay tuned, I'll have more information available soon!
[attachimg=1]