• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

2016 Likely Candidates for POTUS?

Started by West of the Rockies, October 05, 2014, 03:09:56 PM

WOTR

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on June 16, 2015, 09:13:16 PM
Yeah, Hillary announced several weeks ago.
Ah, good... Hopefully it will come down to those two.  I also heard that Donald Trump has thrown his hat into the ring thereby exposing the dead rat that sits atop his head.  Apparently the dead rat has officially entered the running.  He would also make a great (and classy) president.  The dead rat that sits atop Noories head could be the defense adviser and all will be right in the world... :)

Or the Clintons' and Bushs' can finally just decide to split dictatorial powers between the families that are Americas rightful rulers...

Up All Night

Donald Trump announces that he is running for President of the United States.

I like him because he's a doer at heart, and not a complainer at heart, like I see some of the other GOP hopefuls are. And, like Donald says, he's so rich, that donors and lobbyists cannot influence him off what he knows is best for the country. Like actually building the wall between the US and Mexico --- something that GW couldn't get done as Gov. or as President!!!

I would definitely vote for Donald Trump for President over most others in the field!!

Video: http://www.c-span.org/video/?326473-1/donald-trump-presidential-campaign-announcement

Text: https://www.donaldjtrump.com/news/donald-j-trump-presidential-announcement

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/

lasertron

donald trump can blow all his money running a failed presidential campaign idc

136 or 142

[color=rgb(51, 51, 51) !important]Trump Paid $50 for Actors to Cheer for Him
June 17, 2015By Taegan Goddard8 Comments
Donald Trump’s big presidential announcement “was made a little bigger with help from paid actors â€" at $50 a pop,” according to Hollywood Reporter.
“New York-based Extra Mile Casting sent an email last Friday to its client list of background actors, seeking extras to beef up attendance at Trump’s event… The pay was listed as $50 for fewer than three hours of work. According to the email, Extra Mile was reaching out to potential extras in partnership with Gotham Government Relations and Communications, a New York-Based political consulting group that has worked with Trump in the past.”

albrecht

Quote from: 136 or 142 on June 17, 2015, 08:04:51 PM
[color=rgb(51, 51, 51) !important]Trump Paid $50 for Actors to Cheer for Him
June 17, 2015By Taegan Goddard8 Comments
Donald Trump’s big presidential announcement “was made a little bigger with help from paid actors â€" at $50 a pop,” according to Hollywood Reporter.
“New York-based Extra Mile Casting sent an email last Friday to its client list of background actors, seeking extras to beef up attendance at Trump’s event… The pay was listed as $50 for fewer than three hours of work. According to the email, Extra Mile was reaching out to potential extras in partnership with Gotham Government Relations and Communications, a New York-Based political consulting group that has worked with Trump in the past.”
What is sad is that they worked for only $50! So they must actually support him because that is just walking around money (for an hour or so) in NYC. If they were operating on a, short-term at least, fiscal basis they should support whomever the Democrats or Republicans nominate because their give-aways- whether EBT cards via SNAP, 'Obama' phones, section 8 housing, and 'free' meals at schools or the no-bid government contracts and tax-loopholes- pay off a lot more than $50! Heck, even the illegal aliens, who can't even speak English and might not be familiar with politics at all, know who to vote for; what with the "get out of jail free" card (and tax-rebates for years in which they never even filed taxes) Obama gives them. Suckers. Working for a billionaire for $50!

SciFiAuthor

I might actually vote for Donald Trump. Reason being that he's so filthy rich that everyone would be in his pocket as opposed to him being in someone else's. We're going to get a crook if we vote for a career politician, we know that with certainty. Regardless of who you vote for, regardless of whatever "left" or "right" faction you buy, we will get a crook. Might as well get someone that's already made more money than he can possibly use in ten lifetimes.

albrecht

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on June 17, 2015, 09:46:29 PM
I might actually vote for Donald Trump. Reason being that he's so filthy rich that everyone would be in his pocket as opposed to him being in someone else's. We're going to get a crook if we vote for a career politician, we know that with certainty. Regardless of who you vote for, regardless of whatever "left" or "right" faction you buy, we will get a crook. Might as well get someone that's already made more money than he can possibly use in ten lifetimes.
Yep. (See my comment above yours.) And the fact that he is billionaire who ALSO knows how to get out of various bankruptcies and huge debts- that "know how" could be a benefit for the country considering our situation, and those of  many of our companies and individuals ;)
If nothing else, assuming the gate-keepers allow him, some interesting, or at least funny, debates (for once.)
Throwing a "wild card" into the game sometimes livens things up, and sometimes even, makes a winning hand!

Hey, at least with the Donald, we would have a hot first lady.  She's done nude/lesbian photo spreads before.  Maybe she and Michelle could do one before the Trumps move into the White House.  JUST KIDDING!!!

I bet Playboy would offer a gazillion bucks for a First Lady Playboy Centerfold.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: albrecht on June 17, 2015, 10:04:16 PM
Yep. (See my comment above yours.) And the fact that he is billionaire who ALSO knows how to get out of various bankruptcies and huge debts- that "know how" could be a benefit for the country considering our situation, and those of  many of our companies and individuals ;)
If nothing else, assuming the gate-keepers allow him, some interesting, or at least funny, debates (for once.)
Throwing a "wild card" into the game sometimes livens things up, and sometimes even, makes a winning hand!

Yeah, 100% spot on. I at least WANT him in the debates so we can get past this bizarre moderated format bullshit that the debates use these days. Talk about a scam. How the hell we went from Lincoln/Douglas to Candy Crowley/Jim Leher moderated media "rules and regulations" dog and pony shows I'll never know. I will be happy when I see the day where a candidate walks over and yanks the moderators mic and returns to the podium and says "Now we may talk. Let's get it on guys."

136 or 142

As usual, it's the candidates who don't have any hope of winning who are often the most interesting candidates.  Of course, this is not true of all. Bobby Jindal doesn't have any hope either, but he seems to be so deluded he actually seems to believe he has a shot if he just panders enough, so he's just a clown and, I predict, will be the first to quit the race, unless Chris Christie gets indicted before that. 

Similarly, Carly Fiorina seems to believe she can be taken seriously as a candidate by somehow trying to turn her firing from Compac into a positive, going after HRC and positioning herself as the only woman in the Republican field all the while denying she's only running because she's a woman.   

Donald Trump may or may not believe he has a shot to win, and he may or may not be a serious candidate and he may or may not even officially be a candidate, but the belief is that he's running to promote himself, so any interesting ideas he may actually have will be drowned out  by his bombast and his need to be a flamethrower in  order to generate controversy.)

Rick Santorum also has no hope in winning, but other than being somewhat more pro labor (which isn't entirely unheard of in the Republican Party, though it is increasingly rare) he seems to be mostly a throwback to the Pat Buchanan 'culture war' days.  Oddly enough, Pat Buchanan himself become increasingly pro labor largely due to his opposition to free trade, though I believe that for political reasons, of nothing else, he felt he had to remain anti union.

The other three Republicans entered so far who have, in my opinion, no chance of winning, seem to be more interesting:  George Pataki, Lindsey Graham and Mark Everson.

Pataki seems to be trying to push the party back to the center, at least what would be their center following Ronald Reagan.  Lindsey Graham is a war hawk but is otherwise a hardworking legislator with a pleasant demeanor.  The most interesting, the one who frequently isn't even mentioned on candidate lists though is Mark Everson.  I don't agree with all his positions, but, though obviously the positions he gives on his websites are brief, they seem to be generally well thought out.

http://markforamerica.com/issues/

Republican primary voters should at least give this guy a hearing and he deserves, far more than the likes of non serious candidates like Carly Fiorina, Donald Trump, Chris Christie, Bobby Jindal or even Ben Carson to be in the debates. So far all those five have shown they are capable of is serving up the most extreme rhetoric to please their supporters and haven't shown any ability to put forward serious positions on the issues.  I  realize both Jindal and Christie are elected governors and both even got handily reelected but it's become increasingly obvious that neither actually  have a clue how to properly manage an administration or put forward serious policy proposals to deal with the problems in their state, and the two are now among the five or so least popular governors in the country.

In thinking about it this morning, I was trying to think of someone the Republicans could run that would have a hope in hell of winning.

I would consider voting for Chris Christie, except he has a bad habit of saying stupid things on a regular basis. My generation will see a fat white guy who says stupid stuff and won't vote him despite him being a pretty good pragmatic politician.

The only other person I could think of would be Colin Powell who could be the perfect person to bridge the massive left/right divide. Seems to me Powell would be perfect as he's respected by both sides, has a vast military background, has worked well with the last two administrations and the republicans seriously running a black guy could be a game changer for their party and bring them into the 21st century finally.

Quick Karl

Quote from: GuerrillaUnReal on June 28, 2015, 06:31:48 AM
In thinking about it this morning, I was trying to think of someone the Republicans could run that would have a hope in hell of winning.

I would consider voting for Chris Christie, except he has a bad habit of saying stupid things on a regular basis. My generation will see a fat white guy who says stupid stuff and won't vote him despite him being a pretty good pragmatic politician.

The only other person I could think of would be Colin Powell who could be the perfect person to bridge the massive left/right divide. Seems to me Powell would be perfect as he's respected by both sides, has a vast military background, has worked well with the last two administrations and the republicans seriously running a black guy could be a game changer for their party and bring them into the 21st century finally.

Colin Powell has a chip on his shoulder as large as Barak Obama's.

It was Republican pieces of shit that promoted Powell to Chairman of JCOS AND to Secretary of State but because of politics (no one forced him to play the game), he got pissy and turned-coat to support the Democrat pieces of shit and Obama, because he is black...

Just a Black Arlen Spector is all -- thinks he is entitled to something that he isn't. But then again, all pieces of shit in both parties think that way.

Quote from: GuerrillaUnReal on June 28, 2015, 06:31:48 AM

The GOP hears you. Not only do they hear you, they have been following your advice for many years. Dole, McCain, Romney ring a bell?

If the idiots down at GOP HQ decide to nominate another milquetoast RINO, I`ll do something I swore I never would: Stay the f*** home. AND keep my wallet in my pants pocket.

Quick Karl

Quote from: FightTheFuture on June 28, 2015, 07:55:56 AM

The GOP hears you. Not only do they hear you, they have been following your advice for many years. Dole, McCain, Romney ring a bell?

If the idiots down at GOP HQ decide to nominate another milquetoast RINO, I`ll do something I swore I never would: Stay the f*** home. AND keep my wallet in my pants pocket.

The next time you get an email or a letter from a Republican asking you for money for their political campaign, what you should write back is that you are "sorry, but you spent all your spare cash on ammo."

Quote from: Quick Karl on June 28, 2015, 08:26:08 AM
The next time you get an email or a letter from a Republican asking you for money for their political campaign, what you should write back is that you are "sorry, but you spent all your spare cash on ammo."

Then, next thing I know, a dark sedan pulls up outside...

Welcome to Obama`s Amerika.

Quick Karl

Quote from: FightTheFuture on June 28, 2015, 10:31:59 AM

Then, next thing I know, a dark sedan pulls up outside...

Welcome to Obama`s Amerika.

;D ;D ;D I must be coming down with dyslexia because for some strange reason, every time I see POTUS I think it means Piece of Shit of The United States...

Crazy, huh?