• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

What a crazy year for baseball...

Started by pate, October 01, 2014, 04:09:40 PM

136 or 142

Quote from: Paper*Boy on October 23, 2016, 01:12:44 AM
I haven't gone back and checked, but it seems like most teams in any sport down 3-2 in a playoff series win the game 6 to pull even.  Much more often than a team wins a series 4 games to 2.

It would be interesting to find out how often a team winning a series 4-2 goes on to win the championship.  My guess is most of the time.  Winning Game 6 tonight rather than having a slight letdown shows killer instinct, and against the best pitcher in baseball.  I like their chances against a hot Cleveland club.

In all sports, the team up 3 games to 2  has won game six on 407 of 741 occasions. 

http://www.whowins.com/tables/up32.html

TigerLily

Quote from: 136 or 142 on October 23, 2016, 02:44:17 AM
In all sports, the team up 3 games to 2  has won game six on 407 of 741 occasions. 

Was this calculated with or without accutron?

Quote from: 136 or 142 on October 23, 2016, 02:44:17 AM

This surprises me, thanks for the research

Map of Europe the last time that the Cubs won the World Series.

136 or 142

Meaningless symmetry:
The Chicago Cubs and the Cleveland Indians (AKA the Cleveland Baseball Team) are the two teams that made the playoffs this year that played 161 games and not 162.

I can't think of any other symmetry between the teams (other than they both play in their respective leagues' central division, but that's not a big coincidence) or any parallel with last years' World Series finalists.

Had the St Louis Cardinals made the World Series last year, it would have been a case of the National League team that made the World Series having the best record two years in a row, while the Cleveland Baseball Team (AKA The Cleveland Indians) had roughly the same record as the Kansas City Royals (94-67, 95-67.)  Of course, since they don't have the exact same record that's a bit of a stretch, and the St Louis Cardinals (AKA the St Louis Baseball Team for those offended by sports teams named after birds) didn't even come close to making the World Series. (I thought they would!)

pate

My team didn't make it to the playoffs this year, close but not quite (mathematically eliminated in the last week or so of the season, pretty good for them).

I believe the Lord is still on the side of the Royals, but I must say that my team this year is the CUBBIES!

May God be with you Cubbies!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2JuxM-snGc

I thought the Cubs management was crazy to activate Kyle Schwarber for the World Series, which shows why they have never sought to employ me in any capacity. Not that I'm complaining.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on October 26, 2016, 10:59:45 PM
I thought the Cubs management was crazy to activate Kyle Schwarber for the World Series, which shows why they have never sought to employ me in any capacity. Not that I'm complaining.

I was questioning the use of Arrietta in game 2 since he has the highest batting average of the starting pitchers. Then I remembered that Kyke Hendricks has an ERA of like 0.53 at Wrigley Field.

Plus he has been hitting decent in the post-season.

Zetaspeak

Ouch didn't expect it either. But at least it connects some dots on what actually happened.

Quote from: TigerLily on October 23, 2016, 12:57:04 AM
Consider me the sacrificial virgin for a Cubs World Series

If your generous offer still stands, don't stray too far from the rim of the volcano tomorrow. Just sayin'.

GRRR! BASEBALL, PROFESSIONAL SPORTS IS ILLUMINAT! THE REPTILIANS AND THE ILLUMINATI USE PROFESSIONAL SPORTS TO DISTRACT THE SHEEPLE PEOPLE FROM THE WORLD'S PROBLEMS! I'M A MISANTHROPIC NATURE LOVING TRUTHFUL PALAWAN SHORT TAILED MONGOOSE!

I RANT ABOUT SPORTS IN MY LINKEDIN PROFILE! CHECK IT OUT!

https://www.linkedin.com/in/kevin-galasinao-97b2aab2

I'M REALLY INTO CONTROVERSIAL BIOHACKING!

I SHOULD MAKE HYBRIDS WITH HUMANS... AND STICK INSECTS!

My hybrids will become anti-Illuminati baseball players that will beat every steroid using Reptilian and Illuminati controlled baseball team! The Illuminati controlled baseball fans will cry!

Quote from: KevinIsAHybrid on October 31, 2016, 09:20:25 AM
GRRR! BASEBALL, PROFESSIONAL SPORTS IS ILLUMINAT! THE REPTILIANS AND THE ILLUMINATI USE PROFESSIONAL SPORTS TO DISTRACT THE SHEEPLE PEOPLE FROM THE WORLD'S PROBLEMS! I'M A MISANTHROPIC NATURE LOVING TRUTHFUL PALAWAN SHORT TAILED MONGOOSE!

I RANT ABOUT SPORTS IN MY LINKEDIN PROFILE! CHECK IT OUT!

I'M REALLY INTO CONTROVERSIAL BIOHACKING!

I SHOULD MAKE HYBRIDS WITH HUMANS... AND STICK INSECTS!

My hybrids will become anti-Illuminati baseball players that will beat every steroid using Reptilian and Illuminati controlled baseball team! The Illuminati controlled baseball fans will cry!

You may be pleased to know all that is already happening, including the hybrid stick insects.

Zetaspeak

Wow game 7 coming up. If this was a movie we would all sarcastically  roll our eyes on how cliche it is.

TigerLily

Quote from: Zetaspeak on November 01, 2016, 10:54:17 PM
Wow game 7 coming up. If this was a movie we would all sarcastically  roll our eyes on how cliche it is.

The perfect cliche. I've already remote viewed tomorrow's game and outcome and an upcoming HBO miniseries

GravitySucks

Quote from: TigerLily on November 02, 2016, 12:07:50 AM
The perfect cliche. I've already remote viewed tomorrow's game and outcome and an upcoming HBO miniseries

If the Cubs don't win I will not except the results and I will continue to pursue my batter suppression lawsuit.

If they win, I might have to get my first tattoo.

Value Of Pi

I'd be sorry to see Bill Murray's heart broken but I feel in my bones that the Cubs will once again be Kluber-ized in game 7. Let's not forget that Cleveland fans have also been waiting a long time. Besides, fans crazy enough to fill up their stadium to watch away Series games on TV deserve to be rewarded.

Rix Gins

Quote from: Value Of Pi on November 02, 2016, 01:26:48 AM
I'd be sorry to see Bill Murray's heart broken but I feel in my bones that the Cubs will once again be Kluber-ized in game 7. Let's not forget that Cleveland fans have also been waiting a long time. Besides, fans crazy enough to fill up their stadium to watch away Series games on TV deserve to be rewarded.

Yes, it has been awhile for Cleveland too.  I keep thinking of Bob Hope who was a part owner of the Indians for a long time.  He used to tell the greatest jokes about how 'good' the Indians were.  lol  I tried to find some of his quotes but none out there I guess.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Value Of Pi on November 02, 2016, 01:26:48 AM

There are people still alive that saw the last Indians World Series win. There may still be a few people that were born before 1908 but I doubt they were at the game.

I think there is a good chance if both of these teams meeting again next year.

It might be the last Series with Chief Wahoo on the uniforms. MLB has said they are going to discuss a name change during the offseason.

Like the Blackhawks logo, some traditions should be left alone.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: Rix Gins on November 02, 2016, 01:46:31 AM
Yes, it has been awhile for Cleveland too.  I keep thinking of Bob Hope who was a part owner of the Indians for a long time.  He used to tell the greatest jokes about how 'good' the Indians were.  lol  I tried to find some of his quotes but none out there I guess.

Bob Hope? I did not know that.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: GravitySucks on November 02, 2016, 01:47:32 AM
There are people still alive that saw the last Indians World Series win. There may still be a few people that were born before 1908 but I doubt they were at the game.

I think there is a good chance if both of these teams meeting again next year.

It might be the last Series with Chief Wahoo on the uniforms. MLB has said they are going to discuss a name change during the offseason.

Like the Blackhawks logo, some traditions should be left alone.

The Blackhawks have THE best jerseys in hockey, thanks mostly to their logo. I say that as a hockey fan (although never a Blackhawks fan) and self-appointed hockey fashion consultant.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Value Of Pi on November 02, 2016, 02:10:52 AM
The Blackhawks have THE best jerseys in hockey, thanks mostly to their logo. I say that as a hockey fan (although never a Blackhawks fan) and self-appointed hockey fashion consultant.

This is what some activists came up with last year

Value Of Pi

Quote from: GravitySucks on November 02, 2016, 02:15:07 AM
This is what some activists came up with last year

Nein, nein, nein! Das ist farshtunkene.