• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

What a crazy year for baseball...

Started by pate, October 01, 2014, 04:09:40 PM

Kidnostad3

Quote from: pate on April 02, 2020, 07:13:15 AM
No big surprise, today was to be opening day for the Royals.

CANCELLED

Why not let them play in an empty stadium, people could watch/listen at home?  For morale and such.

Stupid.

-p

+1.  They could travel by single client chartered aircraft/buses etc., if they don’t already and take appropriate precautions with respect to personal separation, DECON etc. Seems to me the additional expense would be much less than loss of broadcast revenue for an entire season and it would be a return to something approaching normalcy.  Probably won’t do it for political/public image reasons more than prohibitive practical considerations.

albrecht

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on April 04, 2020, 02:37:27 PM
+1.  They could travel by single client chartered aircraft/buses etc., if they don’t already and take appropriate precautions with respect to personal separation, DECON etc. Seems to me the additional expense would be much less than loss of broadcast revenue for an entire season and it would be a return to something approaching normalcy.  Probably won’t do it for political/public image reasons more than prohibitive practical considerations.
And we got tons of people in lock-down, so a captive audience to watch and listen. And certainly better than the stuff on tv. Why not? They are missing out on a good opportunity. And would also be a way to show that American hasn't given up, at least entirely. Players could "social distance" in travel or wear masks in the dug out. And if some players don't want to play have some special exemption to bring up college and minor league players for those positions.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: K_Dubb on April 04, 2020, 04:05:34 PM
Bread and circuses.

That would be nice, actually. Can you make it happen?

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 04, 2020, 04:07:05 PM

Bet he can handle the bread!   Not so sure on the bio mechanics of the circus portion......................

K_Dubb

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 04, 2020, 04:07:05 PM

No because dumb hoarder fucks bought up all the flour.  I can manage a couple loaves of Swedish rye and maybe hot cross  buns for Good Friday with the sweepings from the pantry, plus or minus a few weevils.

Quote from: K_Dubb on April 04, 2020, 04:15:47 PM
No because dumb hoarder fucks bought up all the flour.  I can manage a couple loaves of Swedish rye and maybe hot cross  buns for Good Friday with the sweepings from the pantry, plus or minus a few weevils.

Really?  OMG - that's gotta be tragic for you. 

Reduced to eating Salt Free Melba Toast out of damned box.  :'(

K_Dubb

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on April 04, 2020, 04:18:09 PM
Really?  OMG - that's gotta be tragic for you. 

Reduced to eating Salt Free Melba Toast out of damned box.  :'(

Hahaha never!  This is Seattle.  If the government starts passing out loaves of wonderbread there'll be a revolution.  I'm looking forward to it.

Quote from: K_Dubb on April 04, 2020, 04:26:26 PM
Hahaha never!  This is Seattle.  If the government starts passing out loaves of wonderbread there'll be a revolution.  I'm looking forward to it.

Bunny Bread is cool though, right?

K_Dubb

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on April 04, 2020, 04:38:35 PM
Bunny Bread is cool though, right?

Are you kidding?  Your standard table loaf here is flown in from Boulangerie Poilâne.

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on April 04, 2020, 04:15:47 PM
Weevils add protein and important nutrients. Sort of like the original "enriched flour." You can substitute some sawdust. They still have some sawmills or paper factories in the area or has the high-tech priced them out?

Quote from: K_Dubb on April 04, 2020, 04:43:00 PM
Are you kidding?  Your standard table loaf here is flown in from Boulangerie Poilâne.

But the ears on the Bunny Bread factory are neon and move at night.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on April 04, 2020, 04:46:45 PM

I’m in!

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on April 04, 2020, 04:43:55 PM
Weevils add protein and important nutrients. Sort of like the original "enriched flour." You can substitute some sawdust. They still have some sawmills or paper factories in the area or has the high-tech priced them out?

No we still have a few sawmills and Tacoma's famous aroma.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on April 04, 2020, 04:46:45 PM

I remain unmoved.  I must have a natural sourdough baked in a three-hundred-year-old brick oven with a pronounced open crumb structure.

whoozit

Quote from: K_Dubb on April 04, 2020, 04:57:48 PM
I remain unmoved.  I must have a natural sourdough baked in a three-hundred-year-old brick oven with a pronounced open crumb structure.
But the ears move!  Anyone who knows anything about baking knows moving ears are the key to the best bread.

K_Dubb

Quote from: whoozit on April 04, 2020, 05:24:17 PM
But the ears move!  Anyone who knows anything about baking knows moving ears are the key to the best bread.

Pouah!  If we are getting into mascot wars, I translate Poilâne as hair-ass.

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on April 04, 2020, 05:38:38 PM
Pouah!  If we are getting into mascot wars, I translate Poilâne as hair-ass.
No, Pooka or Puca'

Hoping to have crowds back in August.

Kidnostad3

For the home-bound and bored.  Classic pitcher-batter duel.

https://youtu.be/N4nwMDZYXTI

Great idea, Kid.

A perfect game that almost was by Milt Wilcox - Harwell with the call.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3ITi9ZJTQk

Kidnostad3

I actually caught the last 2-3 innings of Larson’s perfect game at a hamburger joint called Ski’s where I stopped for a milkshake on my way home from school. 

https://youtu.be/i1aUAw6fjd8

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on April 05, 2020, 03:40:20 PM
I actually caught the last 2-3 innings of Larson’s perfect game at a hamburger joint called Ski’s where I stopped for a milkshake on my way home from school. 

https://youtu.be/i1aUAw6fjd8

Wow.  That's cool!