• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Ten Popular Mind Control Techniques Used Today

Started by Quick Karl, September 28, 2014, 04:06:58 PM

Quick Karl

http://themindunleashed.org/2014/07/ten-popular-mind-control-techniques-used-today.html

Funny - dis-education is right at the top of the list...

Now I ask you, who, in America, has been controlling dis-education for the last 50-years?

Hmmm?

eyenoeyeno

By reading this you have given me brief control of your mind.   Bwaahahahaha

Quote from: eyenoeyeno on September 28, 2014, 08:58:11 PM
By reading this you have given me brief control of your mind.   Bwaahahahaha

Dang! I can't believe I fell for that. Oh well, at least I have now regained control of my mind

aldousburbank

Quote from: FightTheFuture on September 28, 2014, 09:01:35 PM

Dang! I can't believe I fell for that. Oh well, at least I have now regained control of my mind
Or so she wants you to believe.

WOTR

Quote from: Quick Karl on September 28, 2014, 04:06:58 PM
http://themindunleashed.org/2014/07/ten-popular-mind-control-techniques-used-today.html

Now I ask you, who, in America, has been controlling dis-education for the last 50-years?

Hmmm?
Are we referring to public schools, private schools, religious schools or home schooling? The schools in the north, or schools where we still teach about the "war of northern aggression?"

Quote from: wotr1 on September 28, 2014, 09:04:42 PM
Are we referring to public schools, private schools, religious schools or home schooling? The schools in the north, or schools where we still teach about the "war of northern aggression?"

I think we're talking about late night radio shows and cable news networks, though I'm sure that's not what Karl meant.

WOTR

Fine.  I realize that my answer may have been needlessly dismissive considering that I am somebody who believes that listening to too much media (right or left) and always accepting what is fed to you causes brain rot.  I usually condemn people who try too hard to conform.

Anyhow, while browsing one of my more right leaning financial sites recently, I came across something that somewhat ties in.  While I am not usually one for the "feel good power point" presentation that tells you how you are free and great, I really liked this one.  Perhaps it is because I have recently been pondering how the hell I joined that rat race... When did I start writing reports and justifications?  When did my position matter to me?  Who the hell stole the "real" me?

Anyhow, you can find it here. No need to hold back- you can poke fun of the fact I like this one all you want. http://www.theburningplatform.com/2014/09/25/pictorial-essay-your-life/

I was just putting my own spin on it and taking the opportunity to deride George Noory, not criticizing other viewpoints.

Quick Karl

I started reading one of the links in the article - http://www.deliberatedumbingdown.com/MomsPDFs/DDDoA.sml.pdf

I do not have the time to back-check every cite in the book but even if they are half-accurate and half-in-context, it is frightening, but it confirms something I've long believed -- there has been an effort in America, through education, to make people stupid as shit - and its working.

I can think of a few folks that are living proof, but the gentlemen in me compels me to keep that information to myself...

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Quick Karl on September 29, 2014, 12:06:32 AM
I started reading one of the links in the article - http://www.deliberatedumbingdown.com/MomsPDFs/DDDoA.sml.pdf

I do not have the time to back-check every cite in the book but even if they are half-accurate and half-in-context, it is frightening, but it confirms something I've long believed -- there has been an effort in America, through education, to make people stupid as shit - and its working.

I can think of a few folks that are living proof, but the gentlemen in me compels me to keep that information to myself...

You're too modest. One day you'd have to face up to your shortcomings; it might as well be on here.

WOTR

Quote from: wotr1 on September 28, 2014, 11:26:14 PM

Anyhow, you can find it here. No need to hold back- you can poke fun of the fact I like this one all you want.
DO NOT CLICK THE LINK
The burningplatform has never had malware for me (and did not have it when I posted the link) but Avast now detects malware on that page.  I would like to edit the post, but cannot...

HAL 9000

Quote from: wotr1 on September 29, 2014, 01:02:26 AMDO NOT CLICK THE LINK

The burningplatform has never had malware for me (and did not have it when I posted the link) but Avast now detects malware on that page.  I would like to edit the post, but cannot...

I like to think I'm pretty well protected here, so when someone says, "Don't click the link," that is mind-control jargon for "click the link." So I did.

Nothing.  Left browser open on page > 1 hour.

It is safe to visit.

Quote from: HAL 9000 on September 29, 2014, 03:28:30 AM
I like to think I'm pretty well protected here, so when someone says, "Don't click the link," that is mind-control jargon for "click the link." So I did.

Do NOT make an encrypted deposit in the amount of 250K into my off shore account we discussed.

I absolutely forbid it.

Do not click that SEND button.

eyenoeyeno

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on September 29, 2014, 04:31:43 AM
Do NOT make an encrypted deposit in the amount of 250K into my off shore account we discussed.

I absolutely forbid it.

Yeah,  don't do it.  It's a trick.

WOTR

Quote from: HAL 9000 on September 29, 2014, 03:28:30 AM

Nothing.  Left browser open on page > 1 hour.

It is safe to visit.

Thanks Hal.  It was probably short lived... I think it was shown as coming from a different .com.  Now I have to change back to saying "click the link..."

This was just a test, and I now know a sure way to get you to visit a site. 8)

WOTR

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on September 29, 2014, 04:31:43 AM

I absolutely forbid it.

Did it work?  If not, you could always send me you mastercard numbers and expiry date and I could deposit some cash to it. ;)

Quick Karl

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on September 28, 2014, 09:15:21 PM
I think we're talking about late night radio shows and cable news networks, though I'm sure that's not what Karl meant.

When I read a diary written by a farmer that died in the mud at Gettysburg, and the guy had better penmanship than lots of engineers I work with, and actually knows the difference between their, there, and they're (innocent typos notwithstanding) - well then, there ya go...

Never mind actually being able to think, critically, about anything other than what the person you (the collective you) hate, thinks...

Quote from: Quick Karl on September 30, 2014, 12:33:18 AM
When I read a diary written by a farmer that died in the mud at Gettysburg, and the guy had better penmanship than lots of engineers I work with, and actually knows the difference between their, there, and they're (innocent typos notwithstanding) - well then, there ya go...

Never mind actually being able to think, critically, about anything other than what the person you (the collective you) hate, thinks...

On some things we can agree.

Quote from: Quick Karl on September 30, 2014, 12:33:18 AM
When I read

You can't be bothered to also comprehend?

I don't mean to intrude on your little love affair with yourself, but you're a prototype for a perfect idiot. When it comes to blatant belligerency, ignorance, and a downright refusal to allow reality to intrude on your little party, there aren't many lefties or righties that can compete with you. You've got that typical Republican (ya, you're a Republican. Just because you can spell the word conservative doesn't make you one) mental defect that makes you incapable of understanding the difference between rhetorical (big word, look it up boy) appeals to the emotions and actual facts.

What's worse than the stupid shit the nuts on the left and the right can insist upon is the complete division and powerlessness of the American public caused by ignorant fucking loud mouthed assholes that are convinced their quest to be the biggest dickhead ever to infest the virtual universe is actually some grand and noble commitment of patriotism. You goddamn loonies are great examples of the decline of our society- you spend the entirety of your free time attempting to be as repulsive as you can to anyone that has views different than yours. You won't take the slightest bit of time to understand your own views, much less theirs, and you'd do a thousand times more for the fucknut voodoo bullshit you cling to if you gave someone somewhere some slight reason to like you.

However, we both know that'll never happen.

Quick Karl

Quote from: MagnificentBastard on October 02, 2014, 10:16:02 PM
You can't be bothered to also comprehend?

I don't mean to intrude on your little love affair with yourself, but you're a prototype for a perfect idiot. When it comes to blatant belligerency, ignorance, and a downright refusal to allow reality to intrude on your little party, there aren't many lefties or righties that can compete with you. You've got that typical Republican (ya, you're a Republican. Just because you can spell the word conservative doesn't make you one) mental defect that makes you incapable of understanding the difference between rhetorical (big word, look it up boy) appeals to the emotions and actual facts.

What's worse than the stupid shit the nuts on the left and the right can insist upon is the complete division and powerlessness of the American public caused by ignorant fucking loud mouthed assholes that are convinced their quest to be the biggest dickhead ever to infest the virtual universe is actually some grand and noble commitment of patriotism. You goddamn loonies are great examples of the decline of our society- you spend the entirety of your free time attempting to be as repulsive as you can to anyone that has views different than yours. You won't take the slightest bit of time to understand your own views, much less theirs, and you'd do a thousand times more for the fucknut voodoo bullshit you cling to if you gave someone somewhere some slight reason to like you.

However, we both know that'll never happen.

QuoteNever mind actually being able to think, critically, about anything other than what the person you (the collective you) hate, thinks...

If you liked me I would consider it a failure on my part, and an insult to the concept of intellect in general.

Quote from: Quick Karl on October 02, 2014, 10:33:28 PM
If you liked me I would consider it a failure on my part

Don't lie to yourself. You're not capable of an honest acknowledgement of your own failures. Your strategy is to just whine louder about democrats whenever the dawning realization that you're a defective manages to claw it's way up from the depths of your subconscious. You're a fucken dickhead to everyone you run across, and yet you're convinced that they are the problem. Typical modern rightie.

You see Karl, you don't have the right to any opinion that you don't feel the responsibility to inform yourself on.  If you earn the right to have an opinion by developing the habit of thoroughly informing yourself before presenting your view, then you wouldn't be universally despised and people might actually listen to you on occasion. However, the only reason you post anything at all is to get back at the mean liberals that you blame for your lot in life. Take responsibility for yourself. Be a man. quit being such a whiny little pussy.

Now you get out there and get yourself a library card. Maybe cracking a book for once in your miserable life will lead you down the path towards learning. You never know.

Zoo

Quote from: Quick Karl on September 28, 2014, 04:06:58 PM

t

Hmmm?

Well both parties are to blame but one big thing did happen and his name was Regan.
Once elected, Mr. Reagan set the educational tone for his administration by:

a. calling for an end to free tuition for state college and university students,

b. annually demanding 20% across-the-board cuts in higher education funding,[2]

c. repeatedly slashing construction funds for state campuses

d. engineering the firing of Clark Kerr, the popular President of the University of California, and

e. declaring that the state "should not subsidize intellectual curiosity,

Oh I would also blame FNN too alone with MSNBC and CNN as well. Oh and do not forget the 1%!!1

http://youtu.be/zDZFcDGpL4U

http://www.movie4k.to/Ivory-Tower-watch-movie-5676798.html

Quick Karl

Quote from: Zoo on October 02, 2014, 11:18:08 PM
Well both parties are to blame but one big thing did happen and his name was Regan.
Once elected, Mr. Reagan set the educational tone for his administration by:

a. calling for an end to free tuition for state college and university students,

b. annually demanding 20% across-the-board cuts in higher education funding,[2]

c. repeatedly slashing construction funds for state campuses

d. engineering the firing of Clark Kerr, the popular President of the University of California, and

e. declaring that the state "should not subsidize intellectual curiosity,

Oh I would also blame FNN too alone with MSNBC and CNN as well!!1

A. Nothing is free - Taxpayers pay for what you call free - you are asking people to pay for a liberal indoctrination (because you might agree with the tenants) that they may disagree with. If you want to be fair and give some of that "Free Money" you are talking about to Jesuit Colleges, and or other Christian Colleges, then ok - fair is fair. A flat percentage given to each institution regardless of their dogma? Or do you prefer a progressive tax rate wherein you claim that the more you earn, the more you pay, but have loopholes so that the poor really pay more, but it still sounds cool to say, and the uneducated that are relied upon to win elections fall for it, because they want food stamps? How would we make that work so that liberal educational institutions always get more money? ???

i. Wouldn't it be better to actually have smarter people?

B. The cost of education is a farce and has become nothing more than a welfare system for college presidents all the way on down to the faculty. Every institution of learning in The US should get funding based solely on the performance of the student body -- NOT the nonsense we have now with America ranking 17th among the top 25 countries in Math and Science.

C. No college or university campus building needs to be a monument to some moron's architectural whim. It needs to keep rain and snow off students while they are learning how to solve a quadratic equation... x=-b(+/-(sqrt (b^2-(4ac))/2a)!

E. China and Russia DO subsidize intellectual curiosity.

As always, thanks for playing nice!  ;D ;D ;D

If students aren't learning the quadratic formula until post-secondary, I think I see your problem.

Quick Karl

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on October 02, 2014, 11:50:14 PM
If students aren't learning the quadratic equation until post-secondary, I think I see your problem.

Careful now, we can't make anyone that would rather play gangster get their feelings hurt because they refuse to sit down and figure it out...

WOTR

Quote from: Quick Karl on October 02, 2014, 11:26:47 PM
A. Nothing is free - Taxpayers pay for what you call free - you are asking people to pay for a liberal indoctrination (because you might agree with the tenants) that they may disagree with. If you want to be fair and give some of that "Free Money" you are talking about to Jesuit Colleges, and or other Christian Colleges, then ok - fair is fair. A flat percentage given to each institution regardless of their dogma? Or do you prefer a progressive tax rate wherein you claim that the more you earn, the more you pay, but have loopholes so that the poor really pay more, but it still sounds cool to say, and the uneducated that are relied upon to win elections fall for it, because they want food stamps? How would we make that work so that liberal educational institutions always get more money? ???

I believe that you should be given two options when it comes to post secondary education.  You can either pay the full cost upfront or your education ends up like a "back end load mutual fund."  This is to say that you do not pay for your education up front or while in school, but an additional 5% assessment is added to your gross earnings for the next 30 years after you leave school.  No loopholes, no backing out because you did not go into a job in your chosen field.  (I use 5% for the sake of argument- somebody much better with numbers than I would have to figure it out.)

This allows anybody to get an education regardless of their present wealth (or, more likely, the wealth of their parents.)  If you honestly believe that your education is going to better your life and make you a higher earner it is well worth the cost.  It means that you will end up paying more than the actual cost of your education, but it will be amortized over 30 years and will fund the next generation of students.

Suddenly, the tax payer is not on the hook and education can still be "free" (at least earning it is free- you pay afterward if you do not pay upfront.)  The brightest are now able to attend post secondary schools without having to worry if they will qualify for a loan or if their parents can afford to send them.  Finally, if you go through for a degree in something where you are unlikely to get a job (say some sort of liberal arts) you are not really penalized as your payment is based on a % rather than a fixed payment.  If you flip burgers at McDonalds you end up only paying a few dollars a week for the education that has not benefited you.  If you become the CEO of a wall street firm you pay tens of thousands a year- but it was your education that got you there in the first place.

Sorry for the long manifesto.  I have discussed this with of a couple of good friends who keep insisting that university should be free because it makes for "smarter people" who will ultimately pay more taxes and better our world.  Outside of them,  I really have never shared my thoughts on this...  I know it will never come to pass- but I can see very few downsides.  It also might work better in Canada where we have mostly public universities.  It would be harder when you have Harvard and Yale and a million private run universities being as it relies on the tax man to take future earnings and the government to keep track of who has the annual "special assessment" on their earnings.  I have not given much thought as to how it would work in other countries...

Quote from: wotr1 on October 03, 2014, 01:24:17 AM
I believe that you should be given two options when it comes to post secondary education.  You can either pay the full cost upfront or your education ends up like a "back end load mutual fund."  This is to say that you do not pay for your education up front or while in school, but an additional 5% assessment is added to your gross earnings for the next 30 years after you leave school.  No loopholes, no backing out because you did not go into a job in your chosen field.  (I use 5% for the sake of argument- somebody much better with numbers than I would have to figure it out.)

This allows anybody to get an education regardless of their present wealth (or, more likely, the wealth of their parents.)  If you honestly believe that your education is going to better your life and make you a higher earner it is well worth the cost.  It means that you will end up paying more than the actual cost of your education, but it will be amortized over 30 years and will fund the next generation of students.

Suddenly, the tax payer is not on the hook and education can still be "free" (at least earning it is free- you pay afterward if you do not pay upfront.)  The brightest are now able to attend post secondary schools without having to worry if they will qualify for a loan or if their parents can afford to send them.  Finally, if you go through for a degree in something where you are unlikely to get a job (say some sort of liberal arts) you are not really penalized as your payment is based on a % rather than a fixed payment.  If you flip burgers at McDonalds you end up only paying a few dollars a week for the education that has not benefited you.  If you become the CEO of a wall street firm you pay tens of thousands a year- but it was your education that got you there in the first place.

Sorry for the long manifesto.  I have discussed this with of a couple of good friends who keep insisting that university should be free because it makes for "smarter people" who will ultimately pay more taxes and better our world.  Outside of them,  I really have never shared my thoughts on this...  I know it will never come to pass- but I can see very few downsides.  It also might work better in Canada where we have mostly public universities.  It would be harder when you have Harvard and Yale and a million private run universities being as it relies on the tax man to take future earnings and the government to keep track of who has the annual "special assessment" on their earnings.  I have not given much thought as to how it would work in other countries...

I've come up with a similar thought myself in the past year or two.  Since then I've heard the idea mentioned a couple times, including your statement here.  I'd like to see a pilot for this started with an engineering school or another professional field or trade program that has a fairly high likelihood of being able to perpetuate itself.  I think of it as the graduates paying for those still in school.  I'm not certain it would work on a larger scale with so many people getting Arts degrees that don't necessarily provide good returns.

edit:  What I didn't mention is that I'd like to see a rate that covers not just tuition and books, but provides fairly well for living expenses.  Personally, my performance as a student was seriously impacted by having to live in noisy shared accommodations on busy streets, the stress of not always being able to afford food or next month's rent, having to waste half my day getting back and forth to school on transit or on foot, working part time jobs, and even finding myself living on the street for awhile while working two jobs and having to take a reduced engineering course load (which was very demanding even at that).  If students as a whole can agree to pay for this on the back end as a percentage of their income -- so they can ensure they'll have a successful education and get a good paying job -- then it seems like a winning proposal.   When loan collectors force graduates back into their parents' homes where they can't find work, it's not good for anyone.

Zoo

Quote from: Quick Karl on October 02, 2014, 11:26:47 PM

i. Wouldn't it be better to actually have smarter people?

B. The cost of education is a farce and has become nothing more than a welfare system for college presidents all the way on down to the faculty. Every institution of learning in The US should get funding based solely on the performance of the student body -- NOT the nonsense we have now with America ranking 17th among the top 25 countries in Math and Science.

C. No college or university campus building needs to be a monument to some moron's architectural whim. It needs to keep rain and snow off students while they are learning how to solve a quadratic equation... x=-b(+/-(sqrt (b^2-(4ac))/2a)!

E. China and Russia DO subsidize intellectual curiosity.

As always, thanks for playing nice!  ;D ;D ;D

I rather have a Flat Tax. As for paying for someone to go to school with my tax money I am all for it. As for paying for church schools that fine if that is where they want to go I care not. I feel anyone who wants to go to school should be able too. Germany just did away with all tuition for their colleges. I would love to see the same here. Oh and as for the college building 43 million dollar buildings I agree it is dumb. I also think that you have a point about the Academic World and the Real World. Academic World is always going to see things different because they live in a world of protection from the Real World in my opinion. You should watch this Documentary called Ivory Tower!!1

http://www.movie4k.to/Ivory-Tower-watch-movie-5676798.html