• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Hannibal

Started by Chine, August 31, 2014, 08:50:19 AM

Chine

I'm one degree from Spader. While watching The Blacklist, I watched a scene with Spader and a fellow actor I was in a film with.

misc comment:

I've had a ~thing~ for Gillian Anderson since the X-Files....

I thoroughly enjoy her role in Hannibal.

Such great tension/undercurrents.

It cannot be easy to find an actor that can believably pair with/up against Mads.

Chine

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on September 25, 2014, 08:34:58 PM
misc comment:

It cannot be easy to find an actor that can believably pair with/up against Mads.

You harness the words beautifully. Precisely how I feel as this is perhaps my favorite series right now. Another thing I value is that current and tension is shot with such luscious cinematography. Which I was meandering my thoughts on this while  looking at stills, frames. A visual masterpiece.   Every component of this series is top notch. Tonight, I was looking for something to watch and considered watching X Files again from the start. In fact, I never watched the full series.

misc comment:

I'm sorry, Ms Anderson is currently preoccupied with being the central figure of my...thing  8)

paladin1991

misc comment:

I had/have this huge thing for Teri Garr.  I understand.  Gillian is .... tasty...dare I say that?

DavidJones

I woudn't mind if they did a remake of the movie. Better than all the other crap that they're remaking :)

DelphiDreams

Hannibal is a darkly lovely series of twists and turns. I love that this forum has captured it for the time being. It's kind of one of those things that appears on the screen and one can count down the heartbeats until the end of it's running. I do hope that this show thrives though!
  Has anyone else here seen the articles and rumors around that this director is taking up the book and adapting, American Gods, by Neil Gaiman, on the Stars network? I apologize that I do not post often at all here. I was just curious if anyone out here was also fans of this novel and knew about the connection here.
BTW, Pamela Stonebrooke was my introduction to Mr. Bell. XD (feeling super cheesy for stating that, but there it is)… those were glorious times. :P
http://screenrant.com/american-gods-tv-show-details-air-date/

Catsmile

HANNIBAL SEASON 3 PREMIERE

Thursday, June 4, 2015, 10PM Eastern.
                                                 On NBC, check local listing for time.

jazmunda

Quote from: Catsmile on June 04, 2015, 07:18:07 PM
                                                 HANNIBAL SEASON 3 PREMIERE

Thursday, June 4, 2015, 10PM Eastern.
                                                 On NBC, check local listing for time.

It's because of this show that I decline all invitations to dine at the houses of any single, European men with large commercial kitchens and industrial freeze rooms.

Daggit

Did anyone watch the first episode of season 3?

Quote from: Daggit on June 06, 2015, 10:51:15 PM
Did anyone watch the first episode of season 3?

Yes, I found it to be a clip show masquerading as high art. For weeks, I heard that this first episode would be some complex, bold, and visionary thing. It wasn't it was disjointed and poorly executed. There really was no purpose in the way the story was told. This was done to either dress a turd up or botched.

It seemed like we were following Bedilla's journey through the circles of Hell with Hannibal as her corrupt Virgil. At least, that seemed to be what they were going for by having The Inferno fit into the story. The image of Hannibal as Satan was heavy handed, but kind of visually fun.

Not related: I do get annoyed watching Hannibal and thinking how we already had this in Millennium. It was great to see Lance Henriksen on the show (and yes, Silence and Kolchak were two major factors in X Files and Millennium by extension).

It's kind of amazing how incompetent everyone is on the show. Wouldn't a famous socialite/shrink/FBI consultant like Lecter being a murderer who stabbed an FBI director in throat and attacked other Bureau personnel be in the world news? Wouldn't people like Will realize Hannibal's pride and vanity prevent him from doing anything but being involved in high society in Europe?

Was that Lady Murasaki in the teaser for next week? Why does she look younger than Hannibal? The episode had its moments, but just seemed like a failed opportunity to tell what needed to be a restrained and methodical story after last season's finale. I look forwards to next weeks. Was there anything you wanted to discuss in particular? I love talking shows!