• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Source is easily his best book

Started by henge0stone, August 28, 2014, 05:12:03 PM

henge0stone

I'm more than halfway through the source and I gotta say I'm loving it! Its like a coast to coast chronicle even mentioning guests and quoting from interviews. Its just wonderful.

The Quickening on the other hand... Chapter six was good (a lot of it later used in the source) but aside from that I was kinda bored with it.

What did you guys think of the source? I never heard him mention it but then again I haven't heard too many shows around when it came out.

jazmunda

Quote from: henge0stone on August 28, 2014, 05:12:03 PM
I'm more than halfway through the source and I gotta say I'm loving it! Its like a coast to coast chronicle even mentioning guests and quoting from interviews. Its just wonderful.

The Quickening on the other hand... Chapter six was good (a lot of it later used in the source) but aside from that I was kinda bored with it.

What did you guys think of the source? I never heard him mention it but then again I haven't heard too many shows around when it came out.

Don't you mean "The Source by Brad Steiger featuring Art Bell's name on the cover in order to sell more copies"? :P

I liked The Source but it was at a time when I was hungering for that type of information.

ksm32

The Source huh..  ? I bought it new a year ago and still have not got to it. So far I like The Art Of Talk the best and have read it four times. Many great stories and of course back end C2C talk. Great book.

I'll read the source if you read TAOT :D

henge0stone

Technically I never "read" the art of talk but I heard the audio version. It was really good to hear the story read by the man himself. He even took advantage of the medium and played the coast theme at the start and the Bigfoot scream. It really made the whole book come alive. It was interesting but I'm more interested in the topics on Coast than Art himself (not that Art is boring I just don't really like biographies) so the Source wins out for me. I might pick up the Art of Talk and actually read it because I was so impressed with the audio book. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIP2-lvmZJY

It was ripped from a cassette the quality does improve though.