• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

h.b.t.m. (Happy birthday to me.)

Started by Mr. Fidget, August 20, 2014, 11:09:26 AM

Mr. Fidget

I am 46 today. It's my hope to get wiser, not older... for my birthday. I am not sure what that will mean to my participation in Bellgab, it could go either way... more, or less. It's the miles, not the years, that equip us with our collective "experiential toolbags" anyway. It has been an interesting journey.

;)
mf

aldousburbank

Happy Birthday to
You look like a monkey and
You post like 1 2

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: aldousburbank on August 20, 2014, 11:17:19 AM
Happy Birthday to
You look like a monkey and
You post like 1 2
Thanks, are you going to finish that banana?

Eddie Coyle

Lucky bastard. A fun day for murder.  You got Aquino's tarmac assassination in '83 and Patrick Sherrill slaughtering 14 co-workers in Edmond,Oklahoma in '86. The first "going postal" massacre of note.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on August 20, 2014, 11:22:19 AM
      Lucky bastard. A fun day for murder.  You got Aquino's tarmac assassination in '83 and Patrick Sherrill slaughtering 14 co-workers in Edmond,Oklahoma in '86. The first "going postal" massacre of note.

Also, Al Roker's and the Wisconsin Sacred White Buffalo's birthday, and appropriately is also the anniversary of the day when Lucy first pulled out the football from Charlie Brown's ego.

Mr. Fidget

August 20th has 1/365th of the pie, where is my cake? ;) I just see this as another day really, when you don't have an "extended family" birthdays are not so noteworthy. I had my last birthday party... over 30 years ago.
http://www.historyorb.com/day/august/20
Be well people.
mf

Quote from: aldousburbank on August 20, 2014, 11:32:06 AM
Also, Al Roker's and the Wisconsin Sacred White Buffalo's birthday, and appropriately is also the anniversary of the day when Lucy first pulled out the football from Charlie Brown's ego.

It's been a long, long time since I heard anything about the Wisconsin white buffalo. I heard it turned brown a few years ago.  Any idea how it's doing these days?

Happy Birthday, Mr. Fidget.  Celebrate recklessly and irresponsibly! 

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on August 20, 2014, 11:39:29 AM
Happy Birthday, Mr. Fidget.  Celebrate recklessly and irresponsibly!
Thanks RGG, I'll be careful riding my bike, and try not to wreck. I'm off to a good start on the irresponsibility part, what could be more irresponsible than starting a thread in Bellgab's politics section?
mf

Hey, you're two weeks older than me.  Better whip out the support stockings or whatever it is you aged people do.  Happy Birthday.

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on August 20, 2014, 11:37:18 AM
...  I just see this as another day really...

So you started a new thread for it?

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on August 20, 2014, 12:07:54 PM
Hey, you're two weeks older than me.  Better whip out the support stockings or whatever it is you aged people do.  Happy Birthday.
Thanks, us Leos, we are ok. I think it's Sansabelt for trouser support, and suspenders... or braces, as my training working for a subsidiary of Men's Warehouse taught me... as my go to support. ;)
Quote from: Paper*Boy on August 20, 2014, 12:14:18 PM
So you started a new thread for it?
Although 50% accurate, you are 100% wrong.
I started two.
mf

McPhallus

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: McPhallus on August 20, 2014, 01:22:25 PM
I'm desperate for the attention, so I'm gonna talk more smack! I don't get enough respect. :(
Alas McAnonymous, you seem incapable of hanging up your (illogical) grudge. When (and if) I feel the need for attention, all I need do is show my art in public, and it naturally comes to me... positively.

Exhibit [A]:
This photo is from a few minutes ago:
[attachimg=1]
An inspired child, and amazed Dad,
who were walking, and saw my art.
I gave them a free Linkey Fidget too!

maureen

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on August 20, 2014, 02:49:59 PM
   Alas McAnonymous, you seem incapable of hanging up your (illogical) grudge. When (and if) I feel the need for attention, all I need do is show my art in public, and it naturally comes to me... positively.

Exhibit [A]:
This photo is from a few minutes ago:
[attachimg=1]
An inspired child, and amazed Dad,
who were walking, and saw my art.
I gave them a free Linkey Fidget too!
nicely done for a very happy birthday!!  Be well!

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: maureen on August 20, 2014, 03:09:51 PM
nicely done for a very happy birthday!!  Be well!
Thank's maureen, the complementary Linkey Fidget window will always be open for you. Just zap me an address [to be held strictly confidential, and not disseminated], and as I can, you will have one [free] too. It's ok to ask the bike shop for a couple links, or of course fidget with whatever else suits your fancy.
:)

mf

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on August 20, 2014, 11:09:26 AM
  I am 46 today. It's my hope to get wiser, not older... for my birthday. I am not sure what that will mean to my participation in Bellgab, it could go either way... more, or less. It's the miles, not the years, that equip us with our collective "experiential toolbags" anyway. It has been an interesting journey.

;)
mf

Interesting is the most perfect description for BellGab.  (Best ride on the internet).
One would think that becoming wiser as one grows older is the natural progression of things.  Unfortunately, it is not always so.  Good luck on your quest, and Happy Birthday to you.  :)

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: Treading Water on August 20, 2014, 04:23:46 PM
Interesting is the most perfect description for BellGab.  (Best ride on the internet).
One would think that becoming wiser as one grows older is the natural progression of things.  Unfortunately, it is not always so.  Good luck on your quest, and Happy Birthday to you.  :)
Thank's TW, the cake & candles were a very kind gesture. I'll certainly endorse your "not always so" assertion, and round out the finer point... few even consider it as a gift they can give themselves. Much like goal setting, without an intended destination, it's difficult to know where you're going... where you're at... how long you'll be there... and what to do next.
   I have hope that holding it as a goal, which I have for years, will help me to do as much. I hope your legs are not getting tired, you've been treading water for an astounding length of time, forget "Guinness"... we could use a "TW Book of Records."

Thanks again,
That was the easiest birthday party clean up ever!

mf

Bart Ell

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on August 20, 2014, 05:26:07 PM
Wow man, get over it!
mf

He can't, Mr. Fidget.
He tried for a few days but felt the need to unleash the words again.
The rituals needs to be fed.
Somehow.
Anyhow.

Happy Birthday Mr. Fidget
Hopefully you don't have to fidget yourself on this day of happiness.

coaster

happy birthday. hope you're having a good one.

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: coaster on August 20, 2014, 07:29:39 PM
happy birthday. hope you're having a good one.
Splended in fact, thanks!
mf

popple

I'll try to get Gnoory to give you a shoutout tonight on coast.

steelbot

Ahh......the Corporate world of IT departments.....almost a week and 2 days into my new, Nice IT job, and what the hell and they want ME to stop toking for this job lol, they'd be so much better if they toked one or two :P  - not HBTM

jazmunda

Quote from: steelbot on August 20, 2014, 08:52:14 PM
Ahh......the Corporate world of IT departments.....almost a week and 2 days into my new, Nice IT job, and what the hell and they want ME to stop toking for this job lol, they'd be so much better if they toked one or two :P  - not HBTM

The nerve of them paying you to be firing on all cylinders. ;)

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: Bart Ell on August 20, 2014, 05:50:31 PM
Happy Birthday Mr. Fidget
Hopefully you don't have to fidget yourself on this day of happiness.
Thanks Bart. It's been great. All the fidgeting today has been fun, giving them as gifts. People irl today were great! The trolling from the "look how busy and cool I am" department was good for laughs, but not as many as I got from the pole vaulting gif. That is also great metaphorically.

See you in the funny papers!*
mf
*In the "good" way:
http://www.word-detective.com/2011/12/see-you-in-the-funny-papers/

Mr. Fidget

As this birthday comes to a close, thanks again to those of you who engaged me in civil, or pithy discourse today. That was a fine series of gifts indeed.
   The "best gift" anyone in the "anti-fidget" department here at Bellgab could give me would be to... try to step back from "what you think" you know about me... and reconsider your stance. Take a second look at the actual factual circumstances described in the "Mr. Fidget" thread, and think about it all again. I have not done anything to trick you, the documents are real, and all the things I've said were based on my best understanding... and I was there.
   The facts of my life are not "simple," but I can genuinely assure you... I have not lied about my true story. Nor have I in any way attempted to deceive you, whatsoever. I was not the best (or the worst) behaved child. I was a difficult adolescent, and a troubled young man. I mellowed after the age 19, accumulating years of sobriety. I have never been convicted, let alone charged with any significant crime, as an adult. My "kids stuff" was just that... kid's stuff. I have my voting rights, have ungone criminal background checks for NASD licensing, and am not after your loot.
   As a "mature" adult, I am far more balanced. This balance is both of an analogous nature, and an actual one. Have you ever seen a guy ride his bike down the street with a coffee balanced on his head? Let alone in no-handed figure eights, as shown on video in my thread. It is an uncommon achievement.
    A vast majority of the issues people have picked upon in my story are elements of style, not substance.
   It's ok with me since my future is about what I can do, not how I do it. Whether today, this week, next month, year, decade, or century... it will all be a matter of clear verified record... and no I do not think I am blameless... and the blame is not mine alone. To be free and never have been incarcerated as a result of a verdict or judgment at age 46, with 30 challenging years on my own... I can't be the bad guy some at Bellgab have portrayed.
   Read my politics thread, consider your "communicative" stance, and adjust it if you feel it is appropriate. Or don't. ;)

Thanks everyone,
see you next year!
Who will be the next HTBM?

Mr. Fidget
[mf]
Link to politics "propaganda" thread, a great "clear(er) thinking" resource:
http://bellgab.com/index.php/topic,6585.0.html

aldousburbank

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on August 20, 2014, 10:59:30 PM
    As this birthday comes to a close, thanks again to those of you who engaged me in civil, or pithy discourse today. That was a fine series of gifts indeed.
   The "best gift" anyone in the "anti-fidget" department here at Bellgab could give me would be to... try to step back from "what you think" you know about me... and reconsider your stance. Take a second look at the actual factual circumstances described in the "Mr. Fidget" thread, and think about it all again. I have not done anything to trick you, the documents are real, and all the things I've said were based on my best understanding... and I was there.
   The facts of my life are not "simple," but I can genuinely assure you... I have not lied about my true story. Nor have I in any way attempted to deceive you, whatsoever. I was not the best (or the worst) behaved child. I was a difficult adolescent, and a troubled young man. I mellowed after the age 19, accumulating years of sobriety. I have never been convicted, let alone charged with any significant crime, as an adult. My "kids stuff" was just that... kid's stuff. I have my voting rights, have ungone criminal background checks for NASD licensing, and am not after your loot.
   As a "mature" adult, I am far more balanced. This balance is both of an analogous nature, and an actual one. Have you ever seen a guy ride his bike down the street with a coffee balanced on his head? Let alone in no-handed figure eights, as shown on video in my thread. It is an uncommon achievement.
    A vast majority of the issues people have picked upon in my story are elements of style, not substance.
   It's ok with me since my future is about what I can do, not how I do it. Whether today, this week, next month, year, decade, or century... it will all be a matter of clear verified record... and no I do not think I am blameless... and the blame is not mine alone. To be free and never have been incarcerated as a result of a verdict or judgment at age 46, with 30 challenging years on my own... I can't be the bad guy some at Bellgab have portrayed.
   Read my politics thread, consider your "communicative" stance, and adjust it if you feel it is appropriate. Or don't. ;)

Thanks everyone,
see you next year!
Who will be the next HTBM?

Mr. Fidget
[mf]
Link to politics "propaganda" thread, a great "clear(er) thinking" resource:
http://bellgab.com/index.php/topic,6585.0.html

Say huh?

aldousburbank

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on August 20, 2014, 11:39:29 AM
It's been a long, long time since I heard anything about the Wisconsin white buffalo. I heard it turned brown a few years ago.  Any idea how it's doing these days?

If the Sacred White Buffalo did turn brown, do we think that this might be nationally symbolic/prophetic?  ???