• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Shhh, don't tell anyone. Unbelievable.

Started by Yorkshire pud, August 04, 2014, 01:13:44 AM

b_dubb

Quote from: onan on August 10, 2014, 01:41:20 PM
When I was in school, I worked as security for a women's health clinic in Pittsburgh.
I feel a new conspiracy theory coming on. Falkie and onan have been colluding to butthurt this great forum and it's members!

Whyyyy god!!!! Whhhyyyyyyyyy!?!?!??!!!!

onan

Quote from: b_dubb on August 10, 2014, 08:47:02 PM
I feel a new conspiracy theory coming on. Falkie and onan have been colluding to butthurt this great forum and it's members!

Whyyyy god!!!! Whhhyyyyyyyyy!?!?!??!!!!

I am sending you 4 box fans. Then I am going to regale you with my trip to the insurance agent due to an accident with my parked car.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Rachael Nexusei on August 10, 2014, 03:09:03 PM
I'm the first to admit I'm not the brightest crayon in the box. I do the best with what I have.
I'm still struggling to suss it all out. The purpose (if any), of it all.
Birth. Death.
Mostly it's that in between part I'm having a lot of trouble with, which, I suppose, is the only part that really matters?
We don't choose to be born and most don't choose to die.
I'm just searching for explanations/answers that make sense to me, while I constantly alter/adjust my opinions as I gain new knowledge/information.
The problem is, the more I search, the more confused I get.

Sorry about drifting from the thread's topic.

Nothing to apologise for; you haven't drifted from it anyway Rachael. The premise really of the topic is the didactic and sheer nasty methods some hypocritical religious zealots use to 'prove' how pious they are, at the same time as saying that atheists are less human or humane. The suggestion that atheists are unintelligent because they don't blindly worship an invisible deity that can't be proven exists, who/that can inflict untold retribution on those that don't meet the exacting standards that certain humans assume said deity has decreed.

b_dubb

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 11, 2014, 01:16:20 AM

Nothing to apologise for; you haven't drifted from it anyway Rachael. The premise really of the topic is the didactic and sheer nasty methods some hypocritical religious zealots use to 'prove' how pious they are, at the same time as saying that atheists are less human or humane. The suggestion that atheists are unintelligent because they don't blindly worship an invisible deity that can't be proven exists, who/that can inflict untold retribution on those that don't meet the exacting standards that certain humans assume said deity has decreed.
People have an innate tendency to self aggrandize.  When religion enters into the equation it just exaggerates that tendency. 

Kelt

You speak much sense.

Speaking as an atheist, even I firmly believe God chose me, specifically, for something as yet to be revealed to the world. 

I'm hoping my special purpose is something to do with both Angelina Jolie and Jennifer Aniston.

I truly choose to believe this nonsense... allelujah! (and let's hedge our bets somewhat) Allahu Akbar!