• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Free eBooks with Google Chrome

Started by EarthAlien007, August 02, 2014, 06:42:14 PM

EarthAlien007

I tried this and it works well.
Get it while you can, it's sure to come down soon.

http://tinyurl.com/o4wv3cx

Direct link to Chrome extension:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/libgen/apahpikhjdigjfpdgcolpgglldkljbhf

Quote from: EarthAlien007 on August 02, 2014, 06:42:14 PM
I tried this and it works well.
Get it while you can, it's sure to come down soon.

Fuck Google, and fuck Chrome.

If they're offering anything for free, it's like the witch and the gingerbread house.  Fuck Google sideways without lubricant.

albrecht

My issues with ebooks n "cloud" might seem paranoid. But we have seen throughout history that books can be burnt, revised, destroyed. Even today various people n groups do it. I imagine some even post-Orwellian state in which now books, our ebooks, can be revised remotely by some central authority. Or people know what book you have or are reading. Centralization is dangerous, and sometimes necessary, but is cloud just library of Alexandria that can be burnt? Or 451 when they know u have them from your digital footprint or storage. Can they edit on demand a ebook, or delete it, without your consent- or even knowledge.

WildCard

Quote from: albrecht on August 02, 2014, 10:15:54 PM
My issues with ebooks n "cloud" might seem paranoid. But we have seen throughout history that books can be burnt, revised, destroyed. Even today various people n groups do it. I imagine some even post-Orwellian state in which now books, our ebooks, can be revised remotely by some central authority. Or people know what book you have or are reading.
"Perfect paranoia is perfect awareness." -Charlie

I always assumed "they" kept an eye on what who checked out from the library.
Fuck em! I get on every waiting list I can for, "The Anarchists Cookbook".

As far as books being destroyed, for me, that's the whole point. There's not a physical book I value that I haven't made or got a digital version of. See the curse of Terence McKenna's library(s).

Revision? That's why I want a digital record now. Before they make politically correct version of, "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest".

Quote from: albrecht on August 02, 2014, 10:15:54 PM
Centralization is dangerous, and sometimes necessary, but is cloud just library of Alexandria that can be burnt? Or 451 when they know u have them from your digital footprint or storage. Can they edit on demand a ebook, or delete it, without your consent- or even knowledge.
The centralization thing, I hear ya. I don't trust 'the cloud'. I don't think most people do.
All you can count on is what you have backed-up on your own drives.

Eddie Coyle

I want "Worker in the Light" in audiobook form being read by noted thespian Chris Burke.

albrecht

Quote from: WildCard on August 02, 2014, 10:58:21 PM
"Perfect paranoia is perfect awareness." -Charlie

I always assumed "they" kept an eye on what who checked out from the library.
Fuck em! I get on every waiting list I can for, "The Anarchists Cookbook".

As far as books being destroyed, for me, that's the whole point. There's not a physical book I value that I haven't made or got a digital version of. See the curse of Terence McKenna's library(s).

Revision? That's why I want a digital record now. Before they make politically correct version of, "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest".
The centralization thing, I hear ya. I don't trust 'the cloud'. I don't think most people do.
All you can count on is what you have backed-up on your own drives.
Agree on, almost, all points. I still think hardcopy (with various backups) needed and necessary. (Contrary to the more militant types maybe better than seeds or guns.) Idk but even practically going through old slides n photos you try to back up. But media changes. And unexpected effects. (Laserdisc mold n many others.) But I hesitate with "cloud" n government/google storage.

WildCard

Quote from: albrecht on August 02, 2014, 11:43:03 PM
I still think hardcopy (with various backups) needed and necessary.
Amen to that!

There's this book by Jung known as, "The Red Book", that I've only read digitally.

I'll beg, borrow or steal to get my grubby hands on that physical book.

onan

Quote from: WildCard on August 02, 2014, 11:51:34 PM
Amen to that!

There's this book by Jung known as, "The Red Book", that I've only read digitally.

I'll beg, borrow or steal to get my grubby hands on that physical book.

145 bucks on amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Red-Book-Philemon-Jung/dp/0393065677

Here is a good pirated music site to go along with the pirated book site.

www.youtube.com

onan

Quote from: WildCard on August 04, 2014, 03:51:38 PM
I was hoping that would catch your eye. Thoughts?

Not much of a fan of Jung. And even less of a fan of new age interpretations of his conjectures. In my 20's I thought he was brilliant. Now, not so much.

WildCard

The answer I wanted to a question I didn't have words for.
Quote from: onan on August 05, 2014, 04:07:17 AM
Not much of a fan of Jung. And even less of a fan of new age interpretations of his conjectures.
In my 20's I thought he was brilliant. Now, not so much.
That's how I am with Joseph Campbell. O.K. Joe. We got it. You can shut up now.

My starry-eyed, new age enchantment with The Red Book aside, isn't 'the collective unconsciousness' the perfect umbrella explanation for Art Bell type stuff? It beat's the hell out of, 'aliens did it'.
(You already knew where I was goin with this, didn't you? ;))

zeebo

Quote from: WildCard on August 05, 2014, 12:35:13 PM
The answer I wanted to a question I didn't have words for.That's how I am with Joseph Campbell. O.K. Joe. We got it. You can shut up now.

My starry-eyed, new age enchantment with The Red Book aside, isn't 'the collective unconsciousness' the perfect umbrella explanation for Art Bell type stuff? ...

I'm middle-aged and seriously jaded, but still thing Jung and Campbell are pretty cool.  :)  Wasn't the Red Book the one his family found in his desk and published posthumously?