• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Let's talk work experience gabbers.

Started by Mr. Fidget, July 24, 2014, 06:02:53 AM

Mr. Fidget

Alright gabbers, let's talk work experience. What have you done? Where have you worked? What was it like? What did you learn? Was it worth it financially? Would you do it again? Would you recommend it for others? Did you learn any trade secrets, or have experiences that people would find helpful in their day-to-day lives? Were you the boss? Did you like your boss? Did you trick your boss? Did your boss trick you? What was your best co-worker like? Were you a good co-worker? Did you do something that is obsolete now? Are you trying to find another type of job now? What's your dream job? Have you ever been self employed? What's the hardest job you ever had to do? What's the stupidest task you ever avoided? What's the smartest idea you ever came up with for your employer? Were you under paid, over paid, or never paid?
   I'm just looking for generalities I'm not trying to blow anyone's anonymity on the forum. Work is a huge part of life, and as a result, a huge portion of the experience accumulated in life... sharing it could help other people get a leg up on the system.
   Myself I've had more jobs than I have fingers and toes multiplied by 5, so I have a wealth of experience to draw from. I have walked away from rooms full of millionaires, and I have walked away from a rescue mission. There is a wide degree of latitude represented in such experiences, and as a result I am very qualified to speak about employment.
   I am not going to detail my entire work history beginning this thread, however as it is topically relevant, I will certainly speak about the experiences I've had in relation to the experiences you've had.
   Most children are indoctrinated in kindergarten, their spirit broken, and there will destroyed. My father had another plan for me, instead of kindergarten he took me with him to the coffee shop everyday. I learned to socialize with adults before I learned to socialize with my peers.
   My very first job occurred during this time frame. I assisted the window washer Gene in Boulder Colorado on Pearl Street, before it was a mall. Gene was an interesting character, he had an old Volkswagen he started with a screwdriver.
   Gene fired me because I couldn't resist playing with the bubbles in the top of the window washing solution.
   My next job was at the Sobriety ice cream parlor near Pearl Street, the owner there (whose name I've forgotten) liked me and let me scoop ice cream whenever I was in the store. My ice cream was always on the house.
   Well, that's a start for this thread, and in case you were wondering, I never did attend kindergarten. I went straight to first grade. In the first couple days the teacher wasn't treating me fairly, in my opinion, since I was used to being treated like an individual by the adults. The teacher treated me like a piece of property, or a dog to be trained. Within the first week, one day, I raised my hand to go to the restroom... and instead left the school. I walked downtown to Pearl Street, went into the Little Professor bookstore (where I was well known) and sat down to read pop-up books. I might circle back around and tell you what happened when my Dad had to go to the school and talk to the principal... eventually... but for now I'm done and we're still in first grade.

mf
ps. That laundry list of questions is just some basic suggestions, share what you feel is appropriate.

Mr. Fidget

Awww... shucks! I missed a "there" that should have been "their" in that first post. Well I never was a professional proofreader, that's a fact. Dock my pay.

mf
ps. Where is intui-complete? Auto-complete is just WRONG. ;)