• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

what do you think is the real reason ART stopped doing dark matter

Started by witnessofjesus, July 19, 2014, 10:17:25 AM

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Renton on August 18, 2014, 03:24:36 AM
This may have been covered, but do people recall in the first 3 weeks (or thereabouts) Art being adamant that he would leave the USA? What was that about? What is about something like law, taxes or gun control? He mentioned it several times and I thought that he wasn't going to last long. I still think age and ambition are to blame.

He was threatening to leave the country if the debt ceiling wasn't raised because he believed failure to do so would result in financial ruin. Yeah, because the Philippines have always been immune to financial trouble.

I'm with you. When I heard this, my immediate reaction was to believe DM wouldn't be long for this world.

Quote from: MV on August 18, 2014, 04:01:57 AM
He was threatening to leave the country if the debt ceiling wasn't raised because he believed failure to do so would result in financial ruin. Yeah, because the Philippines have always been immune to financial trouble.

I'm with you. When I heard this, my immediate reaction was to believe DM wouldn't be long for this world.

If I remember correctly, if he did leave he was going to go so far as to convert all his money into Philippine Pesos.  Very astute.

Hey Art, you can still do that - you don't have to move.

Catsmile

Take Art to heart, you better get your start.
Know I have...
Just waiting for the crash, and me and my cash are off to the Republic of the Philippine Islands.

The RPI is known for financial stability. Even if you can't spend your Pesos they make good toilet paper.  Being in the ring of fire volcanoes, earthquakes, tsunamis, typhoons what could go wrong? </sarcasm>  ::)   
[attach=1]

Forward all my mail here.

Scorch

I enjoy the character Art plays on the radio.  In real ife I believe he's a dickhead.  He's in it for him only and he a habitual quitter.  I enjoy the MV podcasts and on occation I'll pull up a 20 yaer old C2C.  I don't believe we'll hear anything of substance from Art again.  He fucked us once too many with DM.  I just don't care anymore.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Scorch on August 28, 2014, 07:56:04 AM
I enjoy the MV podcasts and on occation I'll pull up a 20 yaer old C2C.

Thank yeeewwwwwwwww.

tweet75

I believe arts intention was to  create the 24/7 dark matter network. He probably imagianed thats what it would evolve into on xm/sirius. A station that would discuss coast topics 24/7 and see to things that could succed him. He knows life is short and just wants to spend time with his family.

Bart Ell

He read the Politics board here and it hit him that his fans are a bunch of psychotwats. That and that Australian who does not know the meaning of moderation when it comes to his phone habits.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on August 29, 2014, 07:48:05 PM
Like the new avatar.  Dude from the Barenaked Ladies, right?

No, it's me. All of my avatars are me.

Scully

Quote from: MV on August 18, 2014, 04:01:57 AM

+1

DanTSX

Lots of work and no financial or professional ambition to do it.   Too much for Art to do solo with his young family around. 

The streaming issues were BS.  How dumb do you think we are Art?

Maybe we can have a 2x a month show after the NCA is up.

henge0stone

I really can't understand why he stopped doing it. Wasn't it only once a week or something? Even with a family and all that it doesn't seem like too much work. Then again he is 68 maybe he is just getting tired and doesn't feel like dealing with people anymore, that's understandable. I still wish he would come back, I really liked Dark Matter it was a pleasure to listen to up to date Art Bell.