This Is BellGab: > How To Use BellGab

So many topics, so many posts... I need topic roulette.

(1/3) > >>

Mr. Fidget:
   This might be a SMF thing, I just thought it was worth mentioning. Since there are so many threads, and so many topics... I think it might be interesting, and thought provoking to have a "random topic button" taking one into the lottery that would be "topic roulette."
   With everyone having their personal bias about what interests them it might be fun to "take a chance" at broadening one's horizons.
   Just an idea, one perhaps already available I have not noticed. I'll go poke around SMF, and report back.
[attachimg=1]
Image by Ralf Roletschek  CC BY-SA 3.0

Tarbaby:
Yep, could be amusing. For someone in the right mood.

Liberace!:

--- Quote from: Mr. Fidget on July 10, 2014, 03:29:17 PM ---   This might be a SMF thing, I just thought it was worth mentioning. Since there are so many threads, and so many topics... I think it might be interesting, and thought provoking to have a "random topic button" taking one into the lottery that would be "topic roulette."
   With everyone having their personal bias about what interests them it might be fun to "take a chance" at broadening one's horizons.
   Just an idea, one perhaps already available I have not noticed. I'll go poke around SMF, and report back.
[attachimg=1]
Image by Ralf Roletschek  CC BY-SA 3.0

--- End quote ---

i think it's a great idea and it's something i've wanted to do in the past.  however, there's no packaged mod that can be installed to do this, and i don't have the ability to make it happen otherwise.

wr250:

--- Quote from: MV on July 10, 2014, 03:55:47 PM ---i think it's a great idea and it's something i've wanted to do in the past.  however, there's no packaged mod that can be installed to do this, and i don't have the ability to make it happen otherwise.

--- End quote ---

look here . have someone review the code (im not good with php) and add it ,or not as you wish.

Mr. Fidget:

--- Quote from: MV on July 10, 2014, 03:55:47 PM ---i think it's a great idea and it's something i've wanted to do in the past.  however, there's no packaged mod that can be installed to do this, and i don't have the ability to make it happen otherwise.

--- End quote ---
   I swear, with google as my witness, I had no idea.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=373036.0

I see MV has been on this case for some time. I just had the idea while being befuddled by the sheer volume of information available.
   I'll not be making any cliche' "great minds" jokes, but I will speculate that perhaps I tuned into a "time travel" anomaly, a residual of past hopes and wishes within the voluminous data on BG. ;)
Maybe it's time has come!
[attachimg=1]
Source image by Ralf Roletschek  CC BY-SA 3.0
Modified by Mr. Fidget

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version