• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Hillary Clinton

Started by albrecht, June 21, 2014, 10:05:45 AM

136 or 142

Quote from: Value Of Pi on October 05, 2016, 12:30:41 AM
Okay, but think of the 11 guests now reading this board. One of them might just accept what he says without thinking too much about it. That's how Trump gets his supporters.

True, but it's impossible to address every false claim about Hillary Clinton or whatever may arise, and there are always charlatans pushing new lies about everything. Trying to address every single thing is like chasing shadows.  I think it makes more sense for me here to keep mostly commenting on economics theory (though I'm not an economist) and making bad jokes. 

It's my way, for those who might be interested, to put additional context on some of the discussions on Coast to Coast. 

136 or 142

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on October 05, 2016, 12:36:32 AM
Holding your hands over your ears screaming so you can't hear other viewpoints again.

I've addressed this before.  There are a lot of viewpoints, there are a lot less valid viewpoints. You have a few valid viewpoints but not enough for me to continue engaging with you.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on October 05, 2016, 12:34:18 AM
The path of least death is always the best option when dealing with religiously-colored Middle Eastern politics, so I would have cozied up to Gaddafi who had been moderating his politics for some time. It would have been better than destabilization.

You figure we could have convinced him not to fight the rebels and slaughter all of Benghazi? (He wasn't a religious nut btw, just a murderous nut.) He was busy killing people in order to stay in power, not moderating his politics.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: 136 or 142 on October 05, 2016, 12:38:54 AM
I've addressed this before.  There are a lot of viewpoints, there are a lot less valid viewpoints. You have a few valid viewpoints but not enough for me to continue engaging with you.

I was where you are now with SFA a few months ago. I guess I'm giving him another chance to not make me throw up my hands. Why, I don't know but I'm sure I'll regret it.

Quote from: Value Of Pi on October 05, 2016, 12:41:53 AM
You figure we could have convinced him not to fight the rebels and slaughter all of Benghazi? (He wasn't a religious nut btw, just a murderous nut.) He was busy killing people in order to stay in power, not moderating his politics.

If Obama and Clinton had been more diplomatic,  I'm sure slaughter at Benghazi could have been avoided.  I don't think Q'addafi was appropriately warned about Benghazi.  I would have sent him a note, saying, "Remember Reagan?  He missed.  I won't."  End of threat to Benghazi and Q'addafi stays in power.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Empress on October 04, 2016, 11:54:11 PM
Daesh barely has any presence in Libya anymore. Seriously, if you want to talk about Libya you should actually know what is going on in that country.

There was a time when both the North Vietnamese and North Koreans held little territory and seemed near defeat in those conflicts. You aren't reporting live from Raqqa, Queenie, you can hyperwatch reports and claim to be informed, but the fact is ground situations are very fluid in both Syria and Libya. Those two countries should have NEVER been destabilized, don't defend it. It killed a shitload of people for no reason. 

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Value Of Pi on October 05, 2016, 12:41:53 AM

Well, what did we do in response? We killed shitloads of people to change the political order of the country, which isn't stable to this day and is still killing people. Defend that.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on October 05, 2016, 12:50:07 AM
There was a time when both the North Vietnamese and North Koreans held little territory and seemed near defeat in those conflicts. You aren't reporting live from Raqqa, Queenie, you can hyperwatch reports and claim to be informed, but the fact is ground situations are very fluid in both Syria and Libya. Those two countries should have NEVER been destabilized, don't defend it. It killed a shitload of people for no reason.

Ultra left liberals always seem to be alright with mass murder. Their ends always justify their means. Never question!  ;)

Value Of Pi

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 05, 2016, 12:49:48 AM
If Obama and Clinton had been more diplomatic,  I'm sure slaughter at Benghazi could have been avoided.  I don't think Q'addafi was appropriately warned about Benghazi.  I would have sent him a note, saying, "Remember Reagan?  He missed.  I won't."  End of threat to Benghazi and Q'addafi stays in power.

That line works great in the movies. It's less effective in real life.

They tried it with Saddam before the Gulf War (get out of Kuwait or else). No dice. They tried it with Noriega. Fuggedaboutit. Dictators don't appreciate being dictated to. You or I would be convinced, Gaddafi wasn't. I think when his assassin pulled out the gun, he might have been convinced.

136 or 142

Actually, even more important to me than expounding on economic theory is my crusade against vague use of language, which I'm sure will be as successful as Noory's crusade to 'strengthen the grid.'  I believe the United States gave Gaddafi a number of chances to try and deal with the rebels without trying to slaughter them. So, in this case the two most likely outcomes were assist in the overthrow of Gaddafi and hope for the best or stay out and let Gaddafi carry out his slaughter campaign.

In that context, what exactly would 'cozy up to Gaddafi' have meant doing?

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 05, 2016, 01:01:58 AM
Ultra left liberals always seem to be alright with mass murder. Their ends always justify their means. Never question!  ;)

Ten years ago they were using the same argument I am. I'm just recycling to see if they remember.

136 or 142

It's also interesting that the Clinton Foundation is evil for accepting donations from foreign dictators yet Hillary Clinton is evil for assisting in the overthrow of a foreign dictator.

I guess for the Hillary haters  they only would have wanted Hillary Clinton to help overthrow Gaddafi if he had made a donation to the Clinton Foundation.

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on October 05, 2016, 12:50:07 AM

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: 136 or 142 on October 05, 2016, 01:03:39 AM
In that context, what exactly would 'cozy up to Gaddafi' have meant doing?

The shit Tony Blair was trying to do. Keep him in power, build influence on him and work him to kill less people. That would have killed less than what we did. Remember, 136, in the Iraq war your side argued the same thing. 

Quote from: Value Of Pi on October 05, 2016, 01:02:23 AM
That line works great in the movies. It's less effective in real life.

They tried it with Saddam before the Gulf War (get out of Kuwait or else). No dice. They tried it with Noriega. Fuggedaboutit. Dictators don't appreciate being dictated to. You or I would be convinced, Gaddafi wasn't. I think when his assassin pulled out the gun, he might have been convinced.

Well he sure changed after Reagan nearly killed him.  If he could be cowed once, he could be cowed again.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on October 05, 2016, 12:52:01 AM
Well, what did we do in response? We killed shitloads of people to change the political order of the country, which isn't stable to this day and is still killing people. Defend that.

We (the Coalition) killed a number of Gaddafi's forces in a very effective bombing campaign with minimal civilian casualties. We saved Benghazi from massacre. The civil war continues in another phase but there wasn't much expectation that it wouldn't. Nobody was willing to occupy the country to prevent that.

What we have in Libya is bad, but the alternative of doing nothing would have been worse. We now face a similar situation in Aleppo. Well, the world does, but we're the only ones who can put a damper on the carnage. You don't have to like that fact but it once again falls to the U.S. to show some leadership.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 05, 2016, 01:13:20 AM
Well he sure changed after Reagan nearly killed him.  If he could be cowed once, he could be cowed again.

Exactly. It wasn't the threatening messages, it was the bombs. Both times.

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on October 05, 2016, 01:11:53 AM
Do better.

Why? You refuse to actually pay attention to the world and just go on your feelings. That post was hilarious.

136 or 142

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on October 05, 2016, 01:10:01 AM
The shit Tony Blair was trying to do. Keep him in power, build influence on him and work him to kill less people. That would have killed less than what we did. Remember, 136, in the Iraq war your side argued the same thing.

Saddam Hussein wasn't slaughtering his own people right before the Iraq War.  He had threatened the Kurds, but he was under containment thanks to the no fly zones.

This is a completely different situation than Gaddafi and Libya.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: 136 or 142 on October 05, 2016, 01:06:26 AM
It's also interesting that the Clinton Foundation is evil for accepting donations from foreign dictators yet Hillary Clinton is evil for assisting in the overthrow of a foreign dictator.

I guess for the Hillary haters  they only would have wanted Hillary Clinton to help overthrow Gaddafi if he had made a donation to the Clinton Foundation.

Pence made this point. I've got to say, I don't see the problem with, say, Saudi money going to charities which do what they won't -- allow women to prosper and achieve their potential. It sounds like a bad thing to take the money until you think it through.

I know the arguments that bad guys were trying to buy favors, but as I've said before, I don't think they had any hope of getting their money's worth with the Clintons.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Value Of Pi on October 05, 2016, 01:42:55 AM
Pence made this point. I've got to say, I don't see the problem with, say, Saudi money going to charities which do what they won't -- allow women to prosper and achieve their potential. It sounds like a bad thing to take the money until you think it through.

I know the arguments that bad guys were trying to buy favors, but as I've said before, I don't think they had any hope of getting their money's worth with the Clintons.

Oh yes they can and did. Pick something a donor wanted and find the correlation.

Suadia Arabia F15s and enhancements
Russian and uranium mines
Laurrette University and $55 million of state dept grants to the CEO's youth charity.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 136 or 142 on October 05, 2016, 01:39:44 AM

Saddam Hussein wasn't slaughtering his own people right before the Iraq War.  He had threatened the Kurds, but he was under containment thanks to the no fly zones.

“U.S. Ambassador April Glaspie met with Saddam in Baghdad on July 25, 1990, assuring him that Bush “wanted better and deeper relations” and had “no opinion” on its border dispute with Kuwait, which had been no friend of the United States. Senator and former UN Ambassador Daniel Patrick Moynihan described Kuwait to fellow senators as “a particularly poisonous enemy of the United States” whose “anti-Semitism was at the level of the personally loathsome.” Saddam took Glaspie’s remarks as a signal that the United States would acquiesce in his Kuwaiti takeover. The following week, three Iraqi divisions entered Kuwait, giving Iraq control of one-fifth of the world’s oil supply. In September, Glaspie effectively confirmed that she had led Saddam on, telling the New York Times, “I didn’t thinkâ€"and nobody else didâ€"that the Iraqis were going to take all of Kuwait.”

Excerpt From: Oliver Stone. “The Untold History of the United States.” iBooks.

A new knowledge bomb just got posted.

QuoteNew Information.

Soros Black Op's/PMC were involved in the Turkey Coup & Ukraine.

Anderson Cooper has a conflict of interest due to the CIA not wanting people to poke fingers at them/accuse them of rigging a debate.

VP debate was rigged, but Kaine proved that Hillary is the queen of bad choices.

Wikileaks is planning on releasing things, but the reason why they didn't in the conference was because of a drone threat that was intercepted.

Without the MSM's help bloating & trying to fool the public about the reality, her actual poll/numbers are only slightly higher then Gary Johnson on average.(One of the many reasons why you don't actually see that many Hillary supporters & why her rallies are filled with people who were paid cash to show up/be bused in).

Soros funded the protests against the Poland Abortion ban. (He wants to kill the Wests population, which is why he funded so many Feminist groups)

Kim K was held hostage by ISIS.

The "pink panther/robber" narrative was designed to cover this up & make people not think about the French ISIS Cells.

Both her staff and security were killed.

French police/government agencies will not release the security footage for various reasons.(which is why some reports have said "there is no security footage").

This was going to be the "distraction" incident from any possible leaks during the week.

Trump is saving the big ammo for the next 2 debates. Pence showed that the public is looking forward to hearing about the juicy stuff.

Bill is nailing Obamacare for a reason. The bad blood between the Obama's & Clinton is going to backfire on the Clinton.

Yeah I don't know about most of these. I just post 'em to get those neurons firing.

Kidnostad3

In reviewing the posts on this thread, I am struck by the leaps of logic and amazing mental contortions that Hilliary supporters stoop to employ in order to rationalize their support for the moral degenerates that Bill and Hillary Clinton truly are.  Over 30+ years the Clintons have demonstrated conclusively that they are recidivist criminals and parasitic narcissists.  How anyone with even the weakest powers of discernment or lowest standards of personal ethics can support and facilitate the return of these malicious felons to the White House is a mystery.  But Kool Ade continues to be gulped and souls continue to be sold in the interest of party loyalty.    For the fist time in my life I fear for the future of our nation because we may be about to get the government we deserve and that ain't good. 

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Value Of Pi on October 05, 2016, 01:15:02 AM
We (the Coalition) killed a number of Gaddafi's forces in a very effective bombing campaign with minimal civilian casualties. We saved Benghazi from massacre. The civil war continues in another phase but there wasn't much expectation that it wouldn't. Nobody was willing to occupy the country to prevent that.

What we have in Libya is bad, but the alternative of doing nothing would have been worse. We now face a similar situation in Aleppo. Well, the world does, but we're the only ones who can put a damper on the carnage. You don't have to like that fact but it once again falls to the U.S. to show some leadership.

You sound like Dick Cheney defending Iraq. Just a bunch of bullshit.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Empress on October 05, 2016, 01:21:33 AM
Why? You refuse to actually pay attention to the world and just go on your feelings. That post was hilarious.

No, I meant do better and be more substantive than posting a picture to me. That shit's for the dumb people.

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on October 05, 2016, 10:12:15 AM
You sound like Dick Cheney defending Iraq. Just a bunch of bullshit.

It is mind boggling how the left has turned into exactly what they despised and fought against in 2006-2008. Our forefathers were profound geniuses for devising a system that systematically removes power from a group when they turn rotten.

I just wish we had shorter term limits so there wouldn't be so much risk. I don't think people would be losing their shit nearly as much if we were only risking one year of Trump or Clinton instead of four.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: 136 or 142 on October 05, 2016, 01:39:44 AM

Well, what exactly did removing Gaddafi do to stop the slaughter of people in Libya?