• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Hillary Clinton

Started by albrecht, June 21, 2014, 10:05:45 AM

albrecht

Quote from: VtaGeezer on March 08, 2015, 06:33:29 PM
Use of a personal account isn't prohibited but any govt business emails on a private account are required to be forwarded to a govt account within 20 days.  By owning her own server, there's no real accountability beyond forensic inspection of the disks. Plus its a safe bet that the half of the developed nations on earth hacked her server and read everything. It's is either intentional concealment, or complete lack of comprehension of 21st Century communications.  The Clintons, Bushes, Romneys, et al, live in their own elitist bubbles and really have no concept of the world that the rest of us inhabit.  I heard Lindsey Graham on MTP this morning say that he's never sent an email...and this guy is making laws about communications?  Years ago, I spent some time doing business in that world and it was quite an experience.
I think in certain positions you might not be able to even use a personal account (especially to conduct official correspondence) or use private cell phones. (Recall the issues and Obama-drama with Obama "giving up his blackberry (remember them?")

Actually, I disagree with you, a bit, on this. I have zero problem with politicians, corporate heads, bankers, hollywood types, non-profit leaders, pastors, or whomever you might think are "in charge" of an organization not using email, twitter, smartphones, facebook, etc. In fact, not having people below you to "screen calls", as it were, is an impediment. Besides the security risks it also takes too much time if one deals with minutiae of every post, email, etc. They should be informed, of important things, but the ability to delegate responsibility and also have good people to filter out and report what is necessary, respond appropriately,  is key especially these days. Sometimes The problem is 1) if you picked the wrong people and 2) if you don't use the right people and 3) when the civil service, or government, is too ingrained or becomes too large (or worse partisan.) Crazy as it sounds! Here is a libertarian, right-winger type to say there IS a reason for a certain level of government, and in business, bureaucracy in some areas!

Quote from: NowhereInTime on March 07, 2015, 04:27:25 PM
God, please take this horrid woman away from this campaign.

Warren, Webb, Ventura, even ... NOORY would be better than this opportunistic slug.

Hey, you're taking it one step too far.  Speaking as a conservative, I could handle Warren, Webb or Ventura better than the Noorie. Warren is way too far to the left for my taste but I'd rather have her than a total idiot running the country.  Plus, he is nuke-happy and would start nuking the Middle East to teach them a lesson.  Can you say WWIII?

Speaking of Coast, I will get tremendous satisfaction if the Clinton campaign does implode just to see John Hogue squirm.  All he has been talking about since Y2K is how the Hildebeast will be President and a great one at that.  He makes me barf.

analog kid

She's excruciating to listen to, I wish she would go away forever, and the Republicans are going to force me to vote for her.

Gd5150

Palin resigned as governor of Alaska in 2008. Clinton was 4th in line to be president as Sec of State in 2012. Big difference. She had a server put into her house for 1 reason, to erase the electronic paper trail. And based on her 2007 accusations of the Bush administration and their "personal email accounts" she was fully aware of the advantages of having a personal email server installed in her house. Thats not something that happened by accident.

"Do you know what that 'E' in e-mail stands for?...Evidence" - Distinguished mayor of San Francisco Willie Brown 2014

NowhereInTime

Quote from: Gd5150 on March 08, 2015, 09:19:54 PM
Palin resigned as governor of Alaska in 2008. Clinton was 4th in line to be president as Sec of State in 2012. Big difference. She had a server put into her house for 1 reason, to erase the electronic paper trail. And based on her 2007 accusations of the Bush administration and their "personal email accounts" she was fully aware of the advantages of having a personal email server installed in her house. Thats not something that happened by accident.

"Do you know what that 'E' in e-mail stands for?...Evidence" - Distinguished mayor of San Francisco Willie Brown 2014

As much as I despise the Clintons' opportunism, if e-mails, Lewinski, and rending garments over Benghazi are the sum total of your campaign strategy, then start printing Bill's "First Gentleman" stationery now.

Juan

Quote from: NowhereInTime on March 09, 2015, 12:08:11 AM
As much as I despise the Clintons' opportunism, if e-mails, Lewinski, and rending garments over Benghazi are the sum total of your campaign strategy, then start printing Bill's "First Gentleman" stationery now.
Yep.

Gd5150

Clinton is done. Even Dems know this. They just haven't found their "minority" candidate to replace her yet. Give it a year. By this time next year she will be history.

albrecht

Apparently this guy Obama also communicated with Hillary using her private email account thus possibly breaking the law and, more importantly, jeopardizing national security as we don't know about the security measures of the Clinton email server and who was operating it. I know that due to his race Obama cannot be impeached, and there are more important reasons do so than his email correspondence with Hillary, but hopefully it will further tarnish his image in history. And hopefully the email issue and Bill's friendship and "Lolita Flights" with a pedophile billionaire will eliminate Billary from the race. Now, let's hope Jeb also went on some flights or used emails....
http://news.yahoo.com/white-house-obama-traded-email-private-clinton-account-180116859--politics.html

VtaGeezer

I don't worry about Hillary; she's political history.  I worry about the increasing likelihood that the brazen conservative hardliners now showing open contempt for, and overtly undermining, a twice-elected President will enlist a cadre of military right wingers and initiate a coup d'etat starting Civil War II.

Gd5150

Quote from: VtaGeezer on March 10, 2015, 10:47:20 AM
I don't worry about Hillary; she's political history.  I worry about the increasing likelihood that the brazen conservative hardliners now showing open contempt for, and overtly undermining, a twice-elected President will enlist a cadre of military right wingers and initiate a coup d'etat starting Civil War II.

A rather frightening and disquieting prospect indeed. One should not sleep lightly knowing those brazen conservative hardliners are lurking close by.  ;D

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Gd5150 on March 10, 2015, 01:43:42 PM
A rather frightening and disquieting prospect indeed. One should not sleep lightly knowing those brazen conservative hardliners are lurking close by.  ;D

Unlikely, they cried off the American Spring demo.

Gd5150

The madam secretary's reasoning for keeping her emails off government servers was understandable. Its certainly much more convenient to have an outside company install a server in your house at the cost of 1000's to taxpayers, rather than carrying 2 cell phones. Funny my iphone 3 was able to run a half dozen email accounts simultaneously from gmail, yahoo, and my business website server. And all this back in 2009! Amazing the smartest woman in the world was unable to get this done.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Gd5150 on March 10, 2015, 02:03:17 PM
The madam secretary's reasoning for keeping her emails off government servers was understandable. Its certainly much more convenient to have an outside company install a server in your house at the cost of 1000's to taxpayers, rather than carrying 2 cell phones. Funny my iphone 3 was able to run a half dozen email accounts simultaneously from gmail, yahoo, and my business website server. And all this back in 2009! Amazing the smartest woman in the world was unable to get this done.

Smartest? By what measure?

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on March 10, 2015, 02:05:54 PM
Smartest? By what measure?
By the other entitled and wealthy feminists who are her phalanx. And they mostly believe that think they're as smart as she.  Which doesn't say much.  Americans are blind to how private and now secret money has utterly destroyed the political environment. 

3OctaveFart

Dennis Miller on Facebook:

QuoteHillary's splendiferously, perfectly, full of shit. She's the Mask of Nefertiti of full of shit. She's figure out Pi to the end full of shit.

LOL

yumyumtree

It turns out that I was missing some facts--I didn't realize that it was a personal server--holey moley. And that she did not use the dot gov email at all. That's different.

I can't believe they actually mentioned Benghazi on Sat. Night Live. I don't watch TV but heard clips.

Now, I wonder if there might also be stuff regarding Bill's Epstein scandal on this personal email.

yumyumtree

Quote from: 3OctaveFart on March 10, 2015, 04:16:42 PM

LOL

He can say words on fb he can't say on his radio program.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: 3OctaveFart on March 10, 2015, 04:16:42 PM

LOL
I think Miller's a potty-mouthed creep, but in this case I agree with him.  More liberals want her to go away than want her to be the nominee, but no one else of stature wants to make what would almost certainly a futile run.

136 or 142

I don't know of a single potential candidate for president that didn't use their personal email for government business at least some of the time, if not most of the time. Scott Walker for instance hid thousands of emails. But, hey good to see Rethuglicans ramp up their manufactured 'outrage' machine and for the Fake News morons here to mindlessly regurgitate what they hear

136 or 142

Quote from: VtaGeezer on March 10, 2015, 06:42:52 PM
I think Miller's a potty-mouthed creep, but in this case I agree with him.  More liberals want her to go away than want her to be the nominee, but no one else of stature wants to make what would almost certainly a futile run.

1.Miller is pond scum (and that's an insult to pond scum)
2.Speak for yourself

NBC Poll
1/2015: 45-37 favorability
3/2015: 44-36 favorability

OMG, a massive drop of 0 points! But I thought her favorability would drop into the depths of the abyss which she'd never recover from! I guess that will only magically happen after she declares she's running, because reasons.

Other tidbits:

- 86% of Dems say they could see themselves supporting Hillary.
- 63% of Dems say they're satisfied with their choice of candidates.
- 61% of Dems say it's no concern if Hillary has no serious challenger.

From Public Policy Polling:
"Email story killing Hillary in Wisconsin, only leads O'Malley and Webb 60-1-1"

albrecht

Quote from: 136 or 142 on March 10, 2015, 07:37:05 PM
I don't know of a single potential candidate for president that didn't use their personal email for government business at least some of the time, if not most of the time. Scott Walker for instance hid thousands of emails. But, hey good to see Rethuglicans ramp up their manufactured 'outrage' machine and for the Fake News morons here to mindlessly regurgitate what they hear
The point isn't that she used personal email as a candidate for the Presidency (she hasn't even announced her candidacy yet) but she did so as Secretary of State; and violated the law and policy. A policy that she instructed her underlings to abide by. And she didn't just use personal email but actually ran a server to deal with her official government business and emails from her property, contrary to national security, the law and regulations with regard to data retention, etc. And still refuses to release those emails and simply says take her at her word that "it was personal business." (I'm assuming the Clinton Foundation runs its own server when requesting money from millionaires, governments, and foreigners but maybe that, along with flight planes and communications for Epstein "Lolita Flights" and island trips, were on these servers and hence her refusal to make them public? Who knows? Bill says he has only sent two emails in his life so maybe not.)

I have no idea what the law and policy is for Scott Walker's office (or other candidates or going-to-be candidates) but I suspect if they did something they will also face criticism and the press. But even a governor is nothing in comparison to a Sec of State of the US! And, a subtle point that most learn as a small child, "two wrongs, don't make a right." I notice any criticism of Obama, Cliton, etc is always the refrain "but others did it also" or "Bush did it too!" So what? They were wrong also then. That makes it "ok" then?

136 or 142

Quote from: albrecht on March 10, 2015, 07:56:31 PM
The point isn't that she used personal email as a candidate for the Presidency (she hasn't even announced her candidacy yet) but she did so as Secretary of State; and violated the law and policy. A policy that she instructed her underlings to abide by. And she didn't just use personal email but actually ran a server to deal with her official government business and emails from her property, contrary to national security, the law and regulations with regard to data retention, etc. And still refuses to release those emails and simply says take her at her word that "it was personal business." (I'm assuming the Clinton Foundation runs its own server when requesting money from millionaires, governments, and foreigners but maybe that, along with flight planes and communications for Epstein "Lolita Flights" and island trips, were on these servers and hence her refusal to make them public? Who knows? Bill says he has only sent two emails in his life so maybe not.)

I have no idea what the law and policy is for Scott Walker's office (or other candidates or going-to-be candidates) but I suspect if they did something they will also face criticism and the press. But even a governor is nothing in comparison to a Sec of State of the US! And, a subtle point that most learn as a small child, "two wrongs, don't make a right." I notice any criticism of Obama, Cliton, etc is always the refrain "but others did it also" or "Bush did it too!" So what? They were wrong also then. That makes it "ok" then?

1.Most of the other candidates also set up their own servers.

2.Suggesting there is a difference between Secretary of State and Governor (which is also a very important office) is nothing more than a meaningless distinction to try to somehow suggest it was wrong for HRC to do it, but not wrong for them to do it, it's also laughable.

3.If you're going to oppose HRC for doing this, I want to know if you're going to oppose every Republican that did it when they held office. 

4.It was illegal when Jeb Bush did it as governor of Florida, and it was illegal when Scott Walker did it as Milwaukee County Executive.  He denies using personal emails as governor, but given that he's a pathalogical liar, I don't take his word for it.

albrecht

Quote from: 136 or 142 on March 10, 2015, 08:01:33 PM
1.Most of the other candidates also set up their own servers.

2.Suggesting there is a difference between Secretary of State and Governor (which is also a very important office) is nothing more than a meaningless distinction to try to somehow suggest it was wrong for HRC to do it, but not wrong for them to do it, it's also laughable.

3.If you're going to oppose HRC for doing this, I want to know if you're going to oppose every Republican that did it when they held office. 

4.It was illegal when Jeb Bush did it as governor of Florida, and it was illegal when Scott Walker did it as Milwaukee County Executive.  He denies using personal emails as governor, but given that he's a pathalogical liar, I don't take his word for it.
You are seriously equating the position of Sec of State of the US being on-par with being Milwaukee County Executive? Seriously :o Or even Gov of Florida being equatable?

But if so I agree that past actions should be made public and if there was any violation of the law of policy he should be punished or at least it should be made public. I'm sure Milwaukee County, or Florida, has measures to punish them if they wish and if, indeed, there was a law against it and they did so.

But even if no law or policy it doesn't make good sense to have Sec of State official business being done on a personal server especially if it was also being used for personal emails or other things that could be possible with the Clitons: like arranging various liaisons, planning lolita flights and island trips with convicted pedophile Epstein, soliciting funds from their Foundation, or planning cover-ups and back-channel communications with regard to Sec of State business. And whatever else.

136 or 142

Why are you're dodging my question?

If this is really a big deal for you, and not just being used as a partisan attack for an issue you otherwise couldn't give a rat's ass about, are you also not going to vote for Scott Walker, Jeb Bush and any of the other potential Republican candidates for president who also used personal emails, in all cases, likely illegally.  The only candidates you have left are Lindsey Graham who claims to have never sent an email and Ben Carson who has never held public office.

Kelt

Quote from: VtaGeezer on March 10, 2015, 06:42:52 PM

Denis Miller is a pandering scumbag.

If I ever find myself agreeing with anything he has to say about anything at any time I will put a bullet in my own head.

Gd5150

Agreed former liberal Dennis Miller is still as funny as ever!

That aside today is the worst Hillary has ever looked. 1st off of her appearance was just old and tired. Not sure why her handlers allowed her to look as bad as she did. 2nd, she couldn't make eye contact with any of the foreign press. Who by the way were the only ones there because it was a UN meeting and press are required to submit requests to be there 24hrs in advance, so this conveniently excluded the Washington press core. When she got to the question about having her server examined by an impartial 3rd party to clear the appearance of improprieties, she looked at the ground as she mumbled, we won't be handing over that server. It was sad really. It was as if it was hitting her that her presidential hopes are over. That the country has had enough of the Clinton shenanigans.

There no James Carville spin thats going to make this decision look good. The country knows exactly why she went to such extensive efforts to keep her emails out of government hands. Emails that are public property. And now she's going to pay the ultimate political price.  :'(

VtaGeezer

Quote from: 136 or 142 on March 10, 2015, 07:55:41 PM
NBC Poll
1/2015: 45-37 favorability
3/2015: 44-36 favorability

- 86% of Dems say they could see themselves supporting Hillary.
- 63% of Dems say they're satisfied with their choice of candidates.
- 61% of Dems say it's no concern if Hillary has no serious challenger.

Polls are pretty meaningless when there's no nationally known opponent. No one's paying any attention yet except the news junkies.  Webb and O'Malley are unknown outside the Beltway. 

Charitably, HRC was the most ineffectual SecState in modern history.  Was totally oblivious to al-Malaki making Iraq a client of Iran on her watch.  Oblivious to the "Arab Spring" until she...and resultingly the WH...were caught totally flat-footed. She let Karzai in the Afghan bathrobe walk all over her and loot the US support money.  How?  By putting campaign operatives in all the top State jobs, and using State as her personal PR machine.  And all the while feeding Obama steady a line of BS and getting the Friends of Bill to make sure she didn't get the heave-ho. 

Any of the leading Republicans in the race will mop the floor with her.  The "liberal" MSM is licking their chops over her running. Her performance today was too late, too pat, and too Clinton.  She has more baggage than Samsonite.  She doesn't give a damn about the personal emails, or the Benghazi emails, or other sensitive official emails...she's f'ing terrified that her political emails will get out, and I'd bet they're a large % of whats on that server and what she spent her time in State doing instead of doing the nation's business.

I think Dennis Miller put it best:

Hillary's splendiferously, perfectly, full of shit. She's the Mask of Nefertiti of full of shit. She's figure out Pi to the end full of shit.

folks, that is really good stuff. Haha