• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Hillary Clinton

Started by albrecht, June 21, 2014, 10:05:45 AM

mikuthing01

Clinton Releases Plan to Dissolve U.S. Border Within 100 Days.... would seek to bring about the complete and, possibly irreversible, dissolution of our nation’s borders.

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/05/25/clinton-releases-plan-dissolve-us-border-within-100-days/

Designx

Quote from: mikuthing01 on May 25, 2016, 04:56:06 PM
Clinton Releases Plan to Dissolve U.S. Border Within 100 Days.... would seek to bring about the complete and, possibly irreversible, dissolution of our nation’s borders.

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/05/25/clinton-releases-plan-dissolve-us-border-within-100-days/

Sensational headline - even reading the article doesn't back up "dissolving the border." Yes amnesty is in Clinton's agenda as well as a freeze or deportations but an actual elimination of a country's border isn't. Even if it was, you would need Mexico and Canada to agree on such a thing.

mikuthing01

Quote from: Designx on May 25, 2016, 07:22:22 PM
Sensational headline - even reading the article doesn't back up "dissolving the border." Yes amnesty is in Clinton's agenda as well as a freeze or deportations but an actual elimination of a country's border isn't. Even if it was, you would need Mexico and Canada to agree on such a thing.

Mexico and Canada will still have boarders, we wont because boarders are racist and the dems need the votes.

albrecht

Quote from: Designx on May 25, 2016, 07:22:22 PM
Sure, they could have them, just like a one-way gate.

Or, in Mexico's case, they could have a NAFTA 'super highway' or 'train' that would funnel illegals from Central/South America (or elsewhere) directly through their country and they could dump their criminals, uneducated, diseased, or otherwise undesirable, in those cars and send them to the USA even more efficiently.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: albrecht on May 25, 2016, 08:02:45 PM
Sure, they could have them, just like a one-way gate.

Or, in Mexico's case, they could have a NAFTA 'super highway' or 'train' that would funnel illegals from Central/South America (or elsewhere) directly through their country and they could dump their criminals, uneducated, diseased, or otherwise undesirable, in those cars and send them to the USA even more efficiently.
It's remarkable to see Clinton surrogates saying "Move along...nothing to see here" when asked about the IG report on her mishandling of official email.  The report makes it absolutely clear that HMH and her clique staff were/are utterly oblivious to pedestrian shit like security of sensitive national info.  At one point when the issue was discussed, HMH expressed interest only in ensuring security for her personal email. 

Juan

Quote from: VtaGeezer on May 26, 2016, 06:44:40 PM
utterly oblivious to pedestrian shit like security of sensitive national info
That's not important.  What was important was keeping the American people and Valerie Jarret from knowing what she was up to.

henge0stone

I liked my name for this thread better 'why hasn't hillary been arrested?' Now that they have officially stated she broke security laws this question is even more relevant. I am so tried of people asking"how will this effect the voters?" The answer is it shouldn't because she should be indicted. When people break the law there are consequences, why not with Clinton?

aldousburbank

Hillary should be arrested for her weed-whacker like yell/voice and its assault on the ears.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: henge0stone on May 27, 2016, 11:11:43 AM
Now that they have officially stated she broke security laws protocols this question is even more relevant.
FIFY. 
Now it seems to take malicious and criminal intent. She's gonna skate; security rules are for the mooks.

starrmtn001

Quote from: VoteQuimby on May 10, 2016, 11:21:22 AM

The only voting demographics that seem the least bit enthusiastic about her is older women who want to see a female President before they die or the Democrats who are still functional enough to realize what a catastrophe Sanders would be but can't bring themselves to vote Republican.

I can sort of understand being an old woman and being a Hillary supporter I guess but her support is very reminiscent of Romney's campaign where it was basically a polished turd that garnered votes strictly along party lines.

Hillary as our first woman president?  OH HELL NO!!! 

If we just had a woman like this running, I'd say; HELL YEAH!!!

Golda Meir becomes Israeli Prime Minister

Richard Cavendish remembers Israel's own Iron Lady, who became Prime Minister on March 17th 1969

Israel’s own imperious ‘iron lady’ and first woman prime minister once said: ‘It was not as though there was a Palestinian people considering itself Palestinian and we came and threw them out and took their country away from them. They did not exist.’ Asked when she thought the Arab problem would be resolved, she said: ‘When the Arabs love their children more than they hate us.’ David Ben-Gurion used to call her the best man in his government.

Full article:
http://www.historytoday.com/richard-cavendish/golda-meir-becomes-israeli-prime-minister

Why is it Hillary never promotes herself and just seems obsessed on launching terrible gender based attacks on Trump? This campaign is as out of touch to my demographic as Romney's was in 2012.

albrecht

http://hotair.com/archives/2016/05/27/welp-hillary-doesnt-know-how-to-use-a-computer/
Look in a way I will defend Billary. Shock. I don't think any executive (heck even management) needs to know the 'nuts and bolts' of a computer or phone system or even sometimes use them (at least constantly.) You hire people to filter out calls, emails, etc and delegate so you can focus on the overall and important thing, but this is not that. (Heck, even well run Mafia outfits know about comms and plausible deniability.) But not being able to use email or laptop/pc but you CAN use blackberry cancels out my "filtering" focus or 'helicopter view' excuse. It is ridiculous.

Jackstar

Quote"Let’s face itâ€"the genuinely innocent do not do pretzel twists like this to cover their asses."

After some twenty years of irreconcilably crossed ideologies, it's finally happened--I'm in love with Camille Paglia. Unexpectedly, I will not be needing tissues.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: VoteQuimby on May 27, 2016, 08:48:32 PM

Why is it Hillary never promotes herself and just seems obsessed on launching terrible gender based attacks on Trump? This campaign is as out of touch to my demographic as Romney's was in 2012.
She has nothing to promote except her coat-tail riding skills, her mediocrity, failures, and 1970s "Coca Cola" world view.  I listened to her "big" speech today; again she and the  after-speech pundit panels attacked Trump by putting words in his mouth, misrepresenting his too-plain syntax, and parsing out of context. 

Mad Hatter

Eric Trump said today that a documentary on Benghazi should be required viewing before voting.  Benghazi was a tragedy.  But so were  these attacks on US embassies and facilities during the Reagan presidency.

April 18, 1983 Bombing of U.S. Embassy in Beirut

Deaths: 32 Lebanese employees, 17 Americans, and 14 visitors and passersby.

A suicide bomber rammed a pickup truck loaded with explosives into the U.S. Embassy in Beirut, Lebanon. Sixty-three people were killed, including 17 Americans, eight of whom were employees of the Central Intelligence Agency, including chief Middle East analyst Robert C. Ames and station chief Kenneth Haas.

The U.S. government took no military action.

October 23, 1983 Bombing of Marine barracks in Beirut

Deaths: 220 Marines and 21 other service personnel

A suicide bomber detonated a truck full of explosives at a U.S. Marine barracks located at Beirut International Airport. 241 U.S. Marines were killed and more than 100 others wounded. They were part of a contingent of 1,800 Marines sent to Lebanon as part of a multinational force to help separate the warring Lebanese factions.

President Reagan ordered the battleship USS New Jersey, stationed off the coast of Lebanon, to the hills near Beirut. The move was seen as largely ineffective.

Four months after the Marine barracks bombing, U.S. Marines were ordered to start pulling out of Lebanon.

December 12, 1983 Bombing of the U.S. Embassy in Kuwait

Deaths: 6. Injuries: 80

The American embassy in Kuwait was bombed in a series of attacks that also included the French embassy, the control tower at the airport, the country's main oil refinery, and a residential area for employees of the American corporation Raytheon. Six people were killed and more than 80 others were injured.

September 20, 1984 Bombing of U.S. Embassy annex northeast of Beirut

Deaths: 24, including 2 U.S. military personnel.

A truck bomb exploded outside the U.S. Embassy annex in Aukar, killing 24 people, two of whom were U.S. military personnel.

Reagan acknowledged that new security precautions advocated by Congress hadn’t yet been implemented at the embassy annex. The problem, he said, was that the repairs hadn’t been completed on time.

“Anyone who’s ever had their kitchen done over knows that it never gets done as soon as you wish it would,” Reagan said.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Doc on June 02, 2016, 05:21:45 PM
Eric Trump said today that a documentary on Benghazi should be required viewing before voting.  Benghazi was a tragedy.  But so were  these attacks on US embassies and facilities during the Reagan presidency.

April 18, 1983 Bombing of U.S. Embassy in Beirut

Deaths: 32 Lebanese employees, 17 Americans, and 14 visitors and passersby.

A suicide bomber rammed a pickup truck loaded with explosives into the U.S. Embassy in Beirut, Lebanon. Sixty-three people were killed, including 17 Americans, eight of whom were employees of the Central Intelligence Agency, including chief Middle East analyst Robert C. Ames and station chief Kenneth Haas.

October 23, 1983 Bombing of Marine barracks in Beirut

Deaths: 220 Marines and 21 other service personnel

A suicide bomber detonated a truck full of explosives at a U.S. Marine barracks located at Beirut International Airport. 241 U.S. Marines were killed and more than 100 others wounded. They were part of a contingent of 1,800 Marines sent to Lebanon as part of a multinational force to help separate the warring Lebanese factions.

President Reagan ordered the battleship USS New Jersey, stationed off the coast of Lebanon, to the hills near Beirut. The move was seen as largely ineffective.

Four months after the Marine barracks bombing, U.S. Marines were ordered to start pulling out of Lebanon.

December 12, 1983 Bombing of the U.S. Embassy in Kuwait

Deaths: 6. Injuries: 80

The American embassy in Kuwait was bombed in a series of attacks that also included the French embassy, the control tower at the airport, the country's main oil refinery, and a residential area for employees of the American corporation Raytheon. Six people were killed and more than 80 others were injured.

September 20, 1984 Bombing of U.S. Embassy annex northeast of Beirut

Deaths: 24, including 2 U.S. military personnel.

A truck bomb exploded outside the U.S. Embassy annex in Aukar, killing 24 people, two of whom were U.S. military personnel.

Reagan acknowledged that new security precautions advocated by Congress hadn’t yet been implemented at the embassy annex. The problem, he said, was that the repairs hadn’t been completed on time.

“Anyone who’s ever had their kitchen done over knows that it never gets done as soon as you wish it would,” Reagan said.

That settles it, I'm never voting for Reagan again.

TigerLily

Quote from: VtaGeezer on June 02, 2016, 02:37:18 PM
She has nothing to promote except her coat-tail riding skills, her mediocrity, failures, and 1970s "Coca Cola" world view.  I listened to her "big" speech today; again she and the  after-speech pundit panels attacked Trump by putting words in his mouth, misrepresenting his too-plain syntax, and parsing out of context.

Yeah, yeah. We know.   Hillary is Satan incarnate.   Trump is God ad infinitum. Thank you for your critical analysis

VtaGeezer

Quote from: TigerLily on June 02, 2016, 05:27:47 PM
Yeah, yeah. We know.   Hillary is Satan incarnate.   Trump is God ad infinitum. Thank you for your critical analysis
Not Satan, TL. Just an opportunist who hit the big time by exploiting her husband's influence.  While women like Feinstein and O'Connor and Born and countless others were in the trenches, running and being elected or accepting appointments to responsible offices, and taking hits, she was playing Bill's connections, jamming her unelected nose into policy matters, and running interference for his philandering. I don't get how women admire HMH or defend her.  She epitomizes everything they've been trying to shake off for 50 years. 

Almost all of her points made against Trump today were as I described; putting words in his mouth, misrepresenting his admittedly too-plain syntax, and parsing his words totally out of context.  Her speech was hyped as a foreign policy speech but she said not one word about her foreign policies "accomplishments" as SecState...the one's that left the ME, Russian relations, and China policy in a smoking heap of wreckage in four short years.  Just the same old "I'm so qualified" BS.  Her only peer in foreign policy and economic policy is Geo. W. Bush.  She will be an unmitigated disaster and is many times more likely to overreact in a crisis than Trump. 

Value Of Pi

Quote from: TigerLily on June 02, 2016, 05:27:47 PM

From everything I saw and read of the speech, she did a good job of laying out the problem areas with Trump and foreign policy. The speech pretty much wrote itself since all she had to do is quote Trump and point out the fallacies and dangers.

I am far from a Hillary fan, but I give her credit for making the speech any responsible candidate would have to make in this situation. It needed to be said plainly and clearly. She did that.

Juan

As usual with a Clinton speech it was filled with half-truths and statements designed to lead voters to wrong conclusions.  An example was her statement that she had stood toe-to-toe with the Russians and Chinese while not mentioning those events were victories for the Russians and Chinese.

As we learned in the 90s, one must parse a Clinton speech as carefully as the Clintons do themselves.

TigerLily

Quote from: Juan on June 03, 2016, 06:21:10 AM
As usual with a Clinton speech it was filled with half-truths and statements designed to lead voters to wrong conclusions.  An example was her statement that she had stood toe-to-toe with the Russians and Chinese while not mentioning those events were victories for the Russians and Chinese.

As we learned in the 90s, one must parse a Clinton speech as carefully as the Clintons do themselves.

Too bad Trump isn't held to the same critical analysis

VtaGeezer

Quote from: TigerLily on June 03, 2016, 07:01:44 AM
Too bad Trump isn't held to the same critical analysis
You must not watch much TV.

TigerLily

Yes. There are a lot of things about Hillary I don't like. My main but not only problems with her. Is her sense of entitlement; she has spent over a decade in the, don't know how to say it, rarefied air of the Presdential bubble; way too cozy with Wall Street, the bankers and must be in the pocket of her corporate donors; philosophically a neo-con. And more.  With her depth and breadth of experience, on paper she is probably one of the most qualified candidates we have ever had. But.... too many buts

Bernie is certainly not the ideal presidential candidate. But he is truthful, I think scandal free, and really seems to be running not for his ego's sake but for what he sees as the good of the country. An honest straight talker.  I wish he had broader experience, especially in foreign policy. Despite his shortcomings, I have never had a candidate whose principles match mine so closely either so that is really nice.

As far as Trump goes, to me he is a joke. A dangerous joke

Hillary did a lousy job as secretary of state.  She should be disqualified for that reason alone.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: TigerLily on June 03, 2016, 03:32:21 PM
Yes. There are a lot of things about Hillary I don't like. My main but not only problems with her. Is her sense of entitlement; she has spent over a decade in the, don't know how to say it, rarefied air of the Presdential bubble; way too cozy with Wall Street, the bankers and must be in the pocket of her corporate donors; philosophically a neo-con. And more.  With her depth and breadth of experience, on paper she is probably one of the most qualified candidates we have ever had. But.... too many buts

Bernie is certainly not the ideal presidential candidate. But he is truthful, I think scandal free, and really seems to be running not for his ego's sake but for what he sees as the good of the country. An honest straight talker.  I wish he had broader experience, especially in foreign policy. Despite his shortcomings, I have never had a candidate whose principles match mine so closely either so that is really nice.

As far as Trump goes, to me he is a joke. A dangerous joke

The positive qualities you cite about Bernie are just part of the bare minimum any candidate for president should possess. Being honest and sincere, for example, is a good thing but it doesn't, in and of itself, make you presidential material.

Bernie's lack of expertise and experience (and, more to the point, lack of interest) in foreign policy is not his only big problem. He's full of accusations about what is wrong with America economically and socially but doesn't have anything resembling a workable plan to manage a transition from an "unfair" system to a "fair" system. That is, without triggering recession, depression and worse.

Here's an example of what I mean. Decades ago, we started moving from a pension-based retirement system to one that is mostly dependent on the stock market to provide income for retirees. We are there now, except for public sector, railroad and certain other groups of workers. The vast majority of America's middle class either is or will be dependent on the performance of the stock market in order to survive.

So what happens if Bernie decides to go after Wall Street aggressively? Sure, he'll damage what is now a system that benefits one group very disproportionately (financial elites and the super-rich) but he'll also hurt the rest of us. I don't see how he can insulate the middle class from the negative effects of his attack on Wall Street. We'll all be collateral damage as the market crashes and the financial world is shaken.

Why do i say this? I don't think he would be satisfied with just reinstituting Glass-Stiegal and cracking down on financial fraud and abusive practices. These things wouldn't achieve the wealth redistribution and social justice he's fought for his whole life. They wouldn't result in the degree of change he wants. And, eventually, his noble quest would get to the point where it would be hurting the very people he says he wants to help.

This is the problem with ideologues whose pragmatism never matches their passion for change.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 03, 2016, 03:42:06 PM
Hillary did a lousy job as secretary of state.  She should be disqualified for that reason alone.
You're too charitable.  The damage done by her and the band of rehabbed Bill C sycophants she installed in the State Dept. is breathtaking.  From Crimea/Ukraine to Libya through to the South China Sea to N Korea, her ineptness and amateur act left a swath of US interest wreckage that will likely lead to a real war in the next decade; and not against another bunch of 3rd world conscripts .  I won't even get into the arrogance of email business.

aldousburbank

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 03, 2016, 03:42:06 PM

But she's got the balls to rock a pantsuit.